RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Jul 18th, 2022, 01:29 PM
Overlord of Imagination

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 36835
Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack
I think I can, I think I can...

Old Jul 19th, 2022, 04:46 AM
Busy Bee

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7760
Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi
Apologies for the delay everyone - I had trouble finding the correct game subforum! Anyway, initiative test now passed and I will get my stuff together very soon...

EDIT: OK I think I am ready. I feel like I need to add some more details to the character sheet? Otherwise I am now in the mindset: I'm at the Calais train station, waiting to meet these new associates, fellow travellers on a mission against evil!

Last edited by Mitsubachi; Jul 19th, 2022 at 05:36 AM.
Old Jul 19th, 2022, 08:39 AM
Overlord of Imagination

Tools
User Statistics
Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack
Yes! More details to come, but I wanted to focus on your meeting the veterans. I will have more back story prompts for the new players as we go. They are the link to Compte Fenalik! Exciting!
Old Jul 19th, 2022, 09:00 AM
rawr

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6329
Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23
Reporting for duty!

Playing: Arthur Henry Vane "Milly" Millington-Fairbanks; Haf, Lightbearer; Prepping: Shadowdark / Stonehell: PM if interested
Old Jul 19th, 2022, 02:20 PM
rawr

Tools
User Statistics
Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23
Jon, I'm wondering, since Henrietta and Arthur both have the same Credit Rating, whether they might know each other, at least in passing. Perhaps when they were both young (teenagers or so), at some party or other for rich wastrels (Lord Ponsonby-Smythe's Autumn Ball, perhaps). Henrietta would remember Arthur as a rather wishy-washy, timid lad who seemed uncomfortable around women, if you're interested in such a brief and long-ago dalliance.

Playing: Arthur Henry Vane "Milly" Millington-Fairbanks; Haf, Lightbearer; Prepping: Shadowdark / Stonehell: PM if interested
Old Jul 19th, 2022, 05:44 PM
... in his element!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26871
Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon
We could do that. Henrietta makes it her business to be well connected. As long as Arthur went to the right parties and summered in the right estates, they would likely to have met.

She spares most of her attention to successful achievers - she had to rescue her family fortune from feckless relatives, so values graft and hard work.

As wishy-washy timid, Arthur might have triggered more mothering than respect(!).

They'd not have had a romantic dalliance, but they may have had a long summer where she got to know the man behind the timid face and have genuine affection for him.

Would that work?
Old Jul 19th, 2022, 09:27 PM
rawr

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon View Post
We could do that. Henrietta makes it her business to be well connected. As long as Arthur went to the right parties and summered in the right estates, they would likely to have met.

She spares most of her attention to successful achievers - she had to rescue her family fortune from feckless relatives, so values graft and hard work.

As wishy-washy timid, Arthur might have triggered more mothering than respect(!).

They'd not have had a romantic dalliance, but they may have had a long summer where she got to know the man behind the timid face and have genuine affection for him.

Would that work?
Oh, definitely not a romantic dalliance! There may have been an attempt by one or both families to establish such, but that would definitely not have worked out.

Old Jul 21st, 2022, 05:25 AM
Busy Bee

Tools
User Statistics
Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi
I hope that first effort was ok?

If I have misinterpreted any details or any other mistakes, please let me know and I can edit/correct. Just in case anyone is worried, jatbunjan is not a slur it is just 日本人 (Japanese person) pronounced in Cantonese.

Mitsy
Old Jul 21st, 2022, 06:35 AM
Overlord of Imagination

Tools
User Statistics
That was great! I’m going to flesh out the lore for the new players as we go.
Old Jul 25th, 2022, 09:34 AM
Overlord of Imagination

Tools
User Statistics
I'll get a post going today. Lemming, don't sweat it if you haven't posted yet.

Last edited by Bluejack; Jul 25th, 2022 at 09:34 AM.
Old Aug 4th, 2022, 06:38 AM
Busy Bee

Tools
User Statistics
I wondered… we can help Bluejack and save the need for a GM update if we all proceed to the bar and interact some more over drinks?

That’s if everyone agrees of course.
Old Aug 4th, 2022, 08:18 AM
rawr

Tools
User Statistics
I believe Blue wanted to reveal the train first in a post - it would be harder to do that after we've already got onboard and started getting drunk.

I'm going to be out of contact for a few days starting tomorrow, should be back early next week though.

Old Aug 4th, 2022, 08:36 AM
Busy Bee

Tools
User Statistics
Ah okay that makes sense. Please disregard previous!!
Old Aug 4th, 2022, 07:30 PM
Overlord of Imagination

Tools
User Statistics
Post coming AM tomorrow.
Old Aug 19th, 2022, 12:30 AM
Busy Bee

Tools
User Statistics
Hi Everyone, I am on holiday this week with family so may not have a chance to post. I'll be back end of next week!