RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Aug 22nd, 2022, 12:19 PM
Overlord of Imagination

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 36835
Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack
Just had a bad week of flu. Writing today. Sorry guys.
Old Aug 24th, 2022, 10:36 AM
Busy Bee

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7760
Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi
Oh dear hope you are feeling better soon.

I'm back now.
Old Aug 24th, 2022, 11:32 AM
Overlord of Imagination

Tools
User Statistics
Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack Bluejack
Ended up being Covid-19. Triggered my migraines. Bad times. I'm back now.
Old Sep 2nd, 2022, 02:25 PM
Busy Bee

Tools
User Statistics
Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi Mitsubachi
I think Milly has an admirer. Must be the handsome uniform

Last edited by Mitsubachi; Sep 2nd, 2022 at 02:26 PM. Reason: Darn you autocorrect!!
Old Sep 2nd, 2022, 03:11 PM
Overlord of Imagination

Tools
User Statistics
He does! It is obvious to him. Now for what we do not know. Maybe a skill roll. Up to you.
Old Sep 8th, 2022, 05:46 AM
Busy Bee

Tools
User Statistics
Hi everyone, I'm trying to figure out what to do for next post and would be grateful if you could help this newbie!
I see Jon (Henrietta) has made a couple of rolls - were they a success? Mei is pretty observant with good listen/spot skill. Do you think it will add anything of value if I also make a roll?

Ps loving the characterisation again. Henrietta is so vivid, and I liked Milly being so clueless hahaha.
Old Sep 8th, 2022, 01:55 PM
Overlord of Imagination

Tools
User Statistics
You are doing great. Slow roll back up. The vets will tell you I'm in fits and spurts, but I get there in style. Great posts. They will start coming more frequently. One later today.
Old Sep 8th, 2022, 04:26 PM
... in his element!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26871
Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon
@mitsubachi - we’ve developed an approach of rolling for the post for things like spot hidden and psychology. Let Blue know what you are looking for and you can build the results into your post. I flunked both rolls, so nothing for me!
Old Sep 9th, 2022, 09:02 AM
Busy Bee

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks Jon and sorry to ask for the coaching. I guess I am reacting to the prompt from Blue that "something" is happening in the carriage we perhaps need to be aware of.

I have base Listen of 70... and Spot Hidden 45 (not sure if Spot is the right skill here), but I noticed on your all character sheets these have several values that go down by halves - is that to do with difficulty levels? I see it is a base roll of d100. So I guess I need to get under my skill level?

Do I try to get under 70 (for Listen) then a separate roll of under 45 (for Spot)?

I swear I have played this game before but it was face-to-face and in that game it was more about talking and "playing the part" than rolling dice.

To be clear, I'm just surveying the carriage and other people very carefully while sipping my drink and being quiet and shy.
Old Sep 9th, 2022, 09:08 AM
rawr

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6329
Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23
Milly is far too distracted by his own inner monologue and thoughts to notice anything occurring around him (not even the attention of Lorenzo!), so I haven't bothered to roll. Now that he's emerging from his reverie though, he'll be able to pay much more attention to what's going on around him.

Playing: Arthur Henry Vane "Milly" Millington-Fairbanks; Haf, Lightbearer; Prepping: Shadowdark / Stonehell: PM if interested
Old Sep 9th, 2022, 09:17 AM
... in his element!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26871
Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon Jon
@M - the halves and quarters represent how well you have done against the skill. Some things are hard and you have to hit the half score to be successful.

Just call out the skill and roll - let Blue know the result, he’ll tell you what happens. I don’t want to talk for him, but he’d probably allow you two different skills since we’re not in combat or anything. Works best if you say how you are listening … e.g. just sitting and hearing what’s going on, or finding an excuse to walk around and earwig. Bring it to life!
Old Sep 9th, 2022, 11:19 AM
Overlord of Imagination

Tools
User Statistics
That's how we work. Very interactive. I will call for rolls at times, but you can propose and roll without me giving the OK. I'll give you the result based on how the skill interacts with the situation.
Old Sep 10th, 2022, 09:22 AM
Busy Bee

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks again everyone - that has got the creative juices going and I will try to post this weekend.
Old Sep 10th, 2022, 10:14 AM
Overlord of Imagination

Tools
User Statistics
Mitsubachi, this game is very wide open and requires mature players. I will take you anywhere you want to go. Much of the last chapter is not in the game books. This is our game and we can explore anything. Feel free to introduce whatever interests you.

As you can see, I've put musical theater on the plate. History, machinery, French politics, poetry, whiskey. All game here. Just be your PC and we will have so much fun.
Old Sep 10th, 2022, 05:19 PM
Busy Bee

Tools
User Statistics
Thank you for the encouragement. I have posted!