Game Thread Chapter 3: A Member of the Wedding - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > The Banshee Bride
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old Jan 14th, 2023, 05:33 PM
Yoshimi's Avatar
Yoshimi Yoshimi is offline
Zero Nonsense
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 21st, 2024
RPXP: 29864
Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi
Posts: 7,910
A-ru
right-aligned image


A'ru squints at Hlin in confusion. "A noob is what?" He waves a hand in exasperation. "C'mon Sneech, let's have at the door." He climbs down. "Stand here, will yez?" He points to a spot 20 feet back from the door, then walks up to the portal and studies it for a moment. "All right, when I sez so, charge it and I'll put my shoulder in it."

The diminutive terrier man braces himself against the door. "All right, Sneech. Now!"

The Primal Dog growls and runs at the forbidding portal, then leaps and hits it with his shoulder. But A'ru fails to time his own shove right, and his friend just thuds ineffectually and slides down to the ground.

"Sneech! I'm sorry." He leans over the dog and rubs him on the flank and head, making sure the mastiff is all right.




 


 
__________________
I have taken the Oath.

Last edited by Yoshimi; Jan 14th, 2023 at 05:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old Jan 15th, 2023, 12:57 PM
Wynamoinen's Avatar
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen is online now
Eternal Bard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 20th, 2024
RPXP: 41473
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Posts: 10,513
LaisrenThe door is no barrier to Laisren's charge. It bursts open, and the momentum takes the farmer right into the middle of the dank, dark, and decrepit room. But the time he can see what's coming (lit by the faint light of the doorway), it's too late. Laisren bowls into the concrete ledge, which catches him at a bad angle, and knocks him over, breathless.

"Ohhh, that door was weaker than the mead hall's, but the bar is harder..." he gasps and holds his side for a moment, but that's all the luxury of inaction he has. With a slam, the door shuts behind him, pitching him into darkness. Worse, it's followed by the sound of a shutting latch. A scrambling of feet. Laisren scrambles to rise, holding his Great Fork out before him defensively. It wavers without solid direction to point.

"Is... is anyone there?" the response is hideous voices and a searing pain, followed by more. He can feel a chill working through his flesh. His eyes open with a Which is of course Laisren's version of a Rage, now activatedwild panic, and his muttering whimpers build into a shout "oh gods Oh No, Oh GODS NO NO!" He trashes his limbs wildly to free himself from the grip of the attackers, and the vigorous flailing seems to Made my CON save vs paralysis. The Rage mechanically has nothing to do with the save (and is technically activated after the save was made), but the story sounds better this way shake the cold off his bones.

Now, a smarter man would realize the danger of the situation, and lay plans to level the playing field. A wiser man would withdraw, realizing that he could not withstand the kind of assault he was suffering for long. But Laisren can only be the man he is; a frantic blind boy with a giant awkward cursed war-tail. Had he a plan, he wouldn't even know the proper direction to move, in order to put the plan into motion.

His tail darts around behind him, Now that Rage is active, my tail-based AC buff is in place, as a reactionswatting anything that gets within its reach. His fork, before him, also seeks an enemy. The attacker biting him makes the most obvious target. He stabs blindly in that direction, and indeed some foul dark creature is there. He runs it through with With disadvantage, just succeeded to hit the AC of 12. 11 magical piercing damage to, I think, Agnes. The tiara ghoul.all the force he can muster.

The answer he recieved to his first call was not the one he wanted, being both indecipherable and monstrous. Laisren repeats: "is anyone there???"
OOCOof, got caught with my Rage-pants down there. Time to, um, strap on my Rage suspenders? Rage is now active so I should be both harder to hit (tail AC reaction) and less damaged when I do (assuming the claw and bite damage are plain old slashing and piercing).

 
__________________
he/him - MC of Shadows of the City, an Urban Shadows (PbtA) game.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old Jan 15th, 2023, 08:36 PM
Drachenspirit's Avatar
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 20th, 2024
RPXP: 34805
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Posts: 28,136
Baly-Ho!
left-aligned image
Baly saw that Laisren was struggling a bit in the dark, but at the moment he couldn't do anything about a light source.

He moved slightly so there was an undead directly between himself and Laisren and called out, "There's an undead directly between us, Laisren! Attack towards the sound of my voice!"

He then laid into the one between them with his Rapier and Dagger.

He 16 total piercing damagestruck it with both his Rapier and Dagger.

With the strike from the Rapier, he used his connection to the Raven Queen to open Death's Door just slightly for a moment, and some wails from the Grave slipped out to 2 necrotic damageassail the Undead he had struck with his dagger when moving into the room. He wasn't sure if the thing was immune to such harm since it was undead, but it didn't hurt anything to try.

 
__________________
Posting Status: Decent - If a reply is needed from me either in a game I am in as a player or as a DM/GM, please send me a PM.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; Jan 15th, 2023 at 08:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old Jan 16th, 2023, 02:28 AM
BestTeaMaker's Avatar
BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 21st, 2024
RPXP: 1353
BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker
Posts: 318
Nukky
left-aligned image


Nukky, seeing the door shut, runs up next to Hlin and Aru. "Nukky have help to get friends in with lantern light!"

The Kobold raises his staff, shouting "Mother Forest, come and help!" In front of Nukky the familiar Wildfire Spirit in all her charcoal glory appears, far enough that her radiance doesn't accidentally singe Nukky's friends. She approaches the group, and through what she can see through the window, teleports Nukky and as many people closeby as possible into the building.

"Waah! Baly and Laisren, friends have come!" Nukky shouts as they burst inside the building in a fiery blaze.



Actions
 


Character
Nukky

 


 


Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old Jan 16th, 2023, 11:35 AM
Fillyjonk's Avatar
Fillyjonk Fillyjonk is offline
#Bard4Life
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 21st, 2024
RPXP: 45555
Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk
Posts: 12,416
Dead Guests Attack
left-aligned image
Hlin, you run to the window and light your lantern, and a warm glow spreads across the room in a arc. You can see Laisren, barely, and one of the horrors threatening him, caught in the very edge of the golden glow. You ready your barbs to protect him, should she strike true.

A’ru, you aim your valiant steed at the door, but it holds, even against your doubled, hairy fury! Sneech is fine, though, so there is that...

Baly ,your Elven eyes see good enough even in this dark. Grayscale feels like a mercy, as the very smell of Rex evokes bile green and oozing, fetid yellow. You strike hard and fast with rapier and dagger, eviscerating him, yet still he comes! As you withdraw your blades, however, a tiny edge of rot catches and spreads. How can something so foul rot more? Well, he can, and now the UN his dead is barely more than a courtesy.

Laisren, seeing Dawn revealed in the lantern's dim light, slavering and gibbering, is enough to make a person almost prefer darkness. You lash out at blindly at Agnes and hit her hard enough to dislodge her teeth from your shoulder. The silly, spangled pitchfork glitters like a gaudy toy in the light, but it hits like it always has---hard and true. Agnes, looming close, smacks her lips with audible relish, undeterred, eager for another bite of barbarian.

Nukky you call your spirit and then run to muscle in close beside Hlin at the window, eager to see inside. Your spirit offers transit to you and the centaur beside you, but her reach will not extend to the Marda and his dog. They are both a little dazed from their slam into the door. In you go, and if the centaur comes, it is all of him, Horse Ghost catching a free ride.

Rex tries to rake his long, paralyzing claws down the rogue, but he is deflected by the armor. He bites with frantic accuracy, and not even the centaurs Barbs can stop him from latching teeth, deep, deep, into the meat of Baly's upper arm. At the same time, another ghoulish figure comes slap-foot running out of the darkness beyond the eastern stairs, just as hungry as the others.

For all who can see Agnes, it is plain that having a barbarian smack her nearly in half has not hindered her appetite in the slightest. In fact, she is eyeing the almost expired Rex with a look you might describe as "Snacky." But no---fresh is better. She goes after Laisren with tooth and claw and gusto.

Perhaps a little too much gusto? She overbalances, fails to catch herself,CRIT FAIL and lands in a heap at his feet, teeth still snapping hopefully at his toes.

Second verse, same as the first. Dawn slips in a stray chunk of Rex, wow, yes, another CRIT FAILand also goes down.

None of this deters Larrynathil, who continues to hustle toward you all as fast as his rotty legs will carry him, crying joyfully, Late guests! Late guests! Sign the book! Put your gifts on the table and your crunchy tasty fingers in my mouth!



Map, Combat Chart, OOCPLEASE check your AC and HP below. Pay attention to CONDITIONS in the chart as it will say who needs to roll saves etc.

IF Hlin accepted teleport, Silvery barbs went off on REX -- but he hit even with disadvantage, sorrrrrry, and rolled near max damage. Lais has ADV next turn. Hlin can accept the teleport and be inside, in which case the lantern provides 30 ft radius of bright light and then dim light as per RAW. BLIND then no longer applies to anyone Laisren or Nukky might attack if Hlin goes. If Hlin is NOT willing to go inside, he needs to pass a DEX saving throw (DC:14) or take 1d6+2 fire damage.

Name Health AC Damage Conditions Concentrating
A'ru28/2817   
Sneech20/2015   
Baly8/2116-13  
Hlin 18/1813   
Laisren18/3214 ADV from SILVERY BARBS - BLIND (unless attacking Dawn or Hlin enters) 
Nukky27/2715 BLIND (unless attacking Dawn or Hlin enters) 
Agnes HURT 12 -11PRONE
Dawn HEALTHY 12 PRONE
Larry HEALTHY 12 
Rex SPURTING ARTERIAL BLOOD 12-3 -18

Unlocking the door from the inside takes an action (subsequently opening it is free). You need to be in a square adjacent to the door to do it. Kicking the door open from the outside is a DC15 Str check that takes an action. This roll can be made with adv by one player if two players work together to try to knock it open. Sneech counts for help action.

I think small Nukky could see through the window. This is a foyer, so the windows are likely very long and not set high off the ground like a bedroom window might be. Unfortunately, the spirit cannot bring A'ru. Everyone the Spirit is going to move needs to be within five feet of it. If you look at the map, there is no way to get the spirit within five feet of Hlin and A'ru and Nukky, esp if Nukky is looking through the window to spot the place to order it to go.


You can see an interactive version of the map HERE. Please do not move tokens. You can use the drawing tool to show me where your character wishes to go or describe it in your action block or draw it on the static map and show me the image.



[/QUOTE]
__________________
Join the Bunny-ism Chorus Perpetual
🐰🗡️🐰 Bunny by Mona Awad 🐰🗡️🐰
Visit the RPGX's Drop in, Drop out,(hop in, hop out?) no strings, no stress Book Club
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old Jan 16th, 2023, 12:27 PM
Yoshimi's Avatar
Yoshimi Yoshimi is offline
Zero Nonsense
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 21st, 2024
RPXP: 29864
Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi
Posts: 7,910
A-ru
right-aligned image


As the rest of the party vanishes, Sneech stands and shakes himself then barks in frustration. He trots back 10 yards, and crouches. A'ru says hesitantly, "Are yeh sure, budsy?" But the sounds of chomping and slavering from within convince him that his friend is right.

Once more, the ranger braces himself against the door. "Have at it!"

Another charge, another thump, another dazed pile of fur before a stubbornly closed door.




 


 
__________________
I have taken the Oath.

Last edited by Yoshimi; Jan 16th, 2023 at 12:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old Jan 17th, 2023, 04:54 PM
BestTeaMaker's Avatar
BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 21st, 2024
RPXP: 1353
BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker
Posts: 318
Nukky
left-aligned image


Nukky's eyes go wide with a bit of panic as he sees the creatures pound on the elf. "Baly!" In response to Nukky's panic, the spirit Mother Forest strides around and inwards into the middle of the fray. In a fiery flash the spirit teleports both Laisren and Baly to their side of the field, keeping the elf behind its body while positioning Laisren close to bodies to hit.

Seeing the way clear, Nukky regains a bit of his compure. He raises staff, then slams the end into the ground as he gets into a kneeling position. "Vines of Mother Earth, ensnare Nukky's foes!"

A sudden eruption of earth bursts upwards as vines begin to wrap their way around the foul creatures, attempting to hold them in place and make it difficult for them to reach the group.


Actions
 


Character
Nukky

 


 



Last edited by BestTeaMaker; Jan 17th, 2023 at 04:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old Jan 17th, 2023, 06:34 PM
Wynamoinen's Avatar
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen is online now
Eternal Bard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 20th, 2024
RPXP: 41473
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Posts: 10,513
LaisrenThe monsters keep up their incessant I assume Lasiren has heard elven, and that it's at least somewhat related to Sylvan.familiar-sounding chatter. Baly's voice pierces the darkness: attack towards him! Laisren grunts and turns towards the sound, ready to comply.

Then a number of confusing things happen. A light appears in the window, illuminating the horror Laisren was now facing. Then Nukky appears. There is a blur of motion, and suddenly Laisren is no longer facing the undead creature. He looks around frantically, and finds the monster now behind him! He spins, and Nukky scrambles towards the door.

Whatever just happened, Laisren was now out of the reach of the ghoul, while they were still in The Family Fork having the reach propertyeasy range for him. Feeling like he's somehow suddenly gotten the The target of Dawn is visible, and Silvery Barbs advantage is in effectupper hand, Laisren strikes the creature that Baly told him to strike. He runs that one through 15 points of damage to Dawneven more vigorously than the first.

As he does that, Nukky summons a mass of tangling vines then dashes to the door. Someone has been violently pounding at it, wherever it is, to little effect.

'Huh? Nukky, you need to watch out, there are monsters everywhere! I dunno how many there are, but there are voices everywhere." Laisren trots after the druid, trying to interpose himself between the little guy and whatever hostile forces are about.

OOC15 damage to Dawn. My Beast Form tail AC reaction is still active, as is Rage resistance. My movement plan is to keep myself between Nukky and any threats in the room. If I can do that while keeping enemies at 10 foot range, all the better, but that's a secondary goal. Since I think I start at 10 foot reach, I don't think I should take any AoOs when I move.

 
__________________
he/him - MC of Shadows of the City, an Urban Shadows (PbtA) game.

Last edited by Wynamoinen; Jan 17th, 2023 at 06:35 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old Jan 18th, 2023, 12:36 AM
bananabadger's Avatar
bananabadger bananabadger is online now
Awopbopaloobopalopbamboom
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 21st, 2024
RPXP: 73321
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Posts: 18,919


Teleported into the interior of the decrepit mansion to watch a blurring of spirited Nukkydomness race across the hall and fetch Laisren, Hlin watched the vines grow underneath the undead's legs and trap them in place.

He waited another second, just in case Nukky had something else planned for their enemies.

Two seconds later, he decides it is safe to act.

He pulls a small sliver of glass from his pocket, makes a slicing motion in the form of an "X" across the air in front of him and says kreeshqa as daggers formed from the sharpened ends of river reeds appear in the air around the creature in his direct line of sight.



 


 
__________________

Last edited by bananabadger; Jan 18th, 2023 at 12:37 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old Jan 18th, 2023, 11:54 AM
Drachenspirit's Avatar
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 20th, 2024
RPXP: 34805
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Posts: 28,136
Baly-Ho!
left-aligned image
As the rot and Necrotic wounds assailed his body, Baly cried out, "Augh! Cursed undead in a place that's already dead! How can this be?! I am so done with this place!"

He then blinks and he is a bit away from the undead that caused the decay on his body. He isn't sure what happened, but with Nukky's words, he is fairly certain he had something to do with it.

Emitting something like a growl, he moves back to the one undead on Laisren (if still up and moving, otherwise move to other foe).
He goes into the dance of close-in Rapier missed, Dagger hit for 15 total from dagger, Sneak attack, and Wails from the Gravefighting with his blades, intent on bringing the thing down.
His Rapier thrust missed, but his dagger went into the undead "Dawn" up to the hilt and he slid it within the thing's body a bit before pulling it back out.

 
__________________
Posting Status: Decent - If a reply is needed from me either in a game I am in as a player or as a DM/GM, please send me a PM.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; Jan 18th, 2023 at 02:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old Jan 20th, 2023, 12:18 PM
Fillyjonk's Avatar
Fillyjonk Fillyjonk is offline
#Bard4Life
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 21st, 2024
RPXP: 45555
Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk
Posts: 12,416
Alas Poor Dawn
left-aligned image
A’ru, you furry fury, you and Sneech charge again at the door. WHANG! The door does its best to daunt you by holding firm. This is starting to feel personal, like this door doesn't just need to break open, it needs to be reduced to kindling.

Nukky you send your spirit in to evacuate the very hurt rogue and the raging barbarian, and she blooms bright flames around Agnes and Dawn, scalding them deeply as they writhe on the floor. You call the power of the wild, then, and how strange and beautiful it is to see lush green life spring up in this gray ruin. Dawn and Agnes, already prone, are wrapped up tight as gooey mummies in the vines. Larry is caught by the feet. Rex looks like a harsh word would finish him, but he is too slick with his own gross fluids to be caught in your plants.

Laisren, your family fork has lost none of its length. You lash ragefully with tail and strike with pitchfork, and hit the prone Dawn-burrito square the head, smashing it like an overripe pumpkin and ending her facsimile of life. Honestly, it feels like mercy. You have great protective instincts and move down to stand between Nukky and Rex.

Oh Rex, so near death! And yet so game! I have sauce! he gurgles. Does he mean literally? To dip bits of you in? Or, sauce as in, verve, sparkle, that Main Character energy? Unclear.

Hlin, centaurs kick it old school. Focuses are for chumps and humans. Ghost horse stamps silent agreement. You like your little component bags. Dawn is down, forever, so you X your glass and call your cloud of wicked little knives to pester Agnes, also a vine burrito. Snicker Snack, Whicker Whack, Agnes is done for.

Baly this was a Dawn party, but she is pretty much paste, and Larrynthil is far away across the difficult terrain of the kobold-jungle. Rex? Rex is for you. You whoosh your rapier past his face to distract him, then slide the knife into what is left of his body and ease it around. Alas, this is not the story of the plucky little Ghoul Who Could. Fair-thee-well, Rex.

A strange damned howling rises, voices that are both familiar and otherworldly singing a chorus from a song beloved of the Raven Queen. This is a remix, hollower and slower than it sounds on the Prime. The Wails swirl around Larry, and his supperating meat sags a bit more on his bones.

Oh, uh, ummmm, I better go check and see if the priest every arrived. The groom was getting antsy! he says. He rips himself free of Nukky's vines and books it for the stairs.


Map, Combat Chart, OOCPLEASE check your AC and HP below and make sure I have them right. Inside is darkness except in the squares right beside the door (when open). Pay attention to CONDITIONS in the chart as it will say who needs to roll saves etc.

Name Health AC Damage Conditions Concentrating
A'ru28/2817   
Sneech20/2015   
Baly8/2116   
Hlin 18/1813   
Laisren18/3214   
Nukky27/2715   
Fire Spirit20/2013   
Agnes DEAD 12 -11 -8 --9 
Dawn DEAD 12 -8 -15
Larry HURT 12 -5
Rex DEAD 12-3 -18

Unlocking the door from the inside takes an action (subsequently opening it is free). You need to be in a square adjacent to the door to do it. Kicking the door open from the outside is a DC15 Str check that takes an action. This roll can be made with adv by one player if two players work together to try to knock it open. Sneech counts for help action.

BTM, you could not hit all 4 with Entangle, so I placed it to catch 3/4. I processed and drafted as I went and did not realize the other three would die, so I decided that unfairly wasted your spell slot. I moved it to get Larry but with the covid I am too damn tired to redraft all the verbiage, so I just let it catch all four since the three die anyway, but in the future Entangle will be (as per RAW) a 20x20 square.

Drachenspirit, Wails from the Grave applies to a second creature you see within 30 feet, so since you hit Rex (Dawn was dead) I applied it to Larry.

You can see an interactive version of the map HERE. Please do not move tokens. You can use the drawing tool to show me where your character wishes to go or describe it in your action block or draw it on the static map and show me the image.



__________________
Join the Bunny-ism Chorus Perpetual
🐰🗡️🐰 Bunny by Mona Awad 🐰🗡️🐰
Visit the RPGX's Drop in, Drop out,(hop in, hop out?) no strings, no stress Book Club

Last edited by Fillyjonk; Jan 30th, 2023 at 12:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old Jan 21st, 2023, 10:27 AM
Yoshimi's Avatar
Yoshimi Yoshimi is offline
Zero Nonsense
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 21st, 2024
RPXP: 29864
Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi
Posts: 7,910
A-ru
right-aligned image


The mighty mastiff rises painfully to his paws. He cocks his head slowly to the left with an audible crack. A'ru holds out his hands pleadingly. "Now, Sneech. Don't yez get rash, now."

But the unyielding portal burns in the mastiff's luminous, otherworldly eyes; an inanimate object, yes, but a mortal enemy none the same. The hackles on his nape and on his rump stand erect as he crouches, his jowls wuffling as he blows out air in repetitive, rhythmic growls.

A'ru realizes that nothing can stop what's coming. He braces against the door, his eyes clenched and his feet planted on the flagstones, ready to apply pressure when he feels the give.

Sneech's growls merge into one ear-splitting snarl as his powerful rear legs propel him into a spring, his front claws striking the upper door hard just as A'ru shoves. With a thunderous report, the portal bursts from its hinges, dumping the marda unceremoniously into the foyer.

He stands, dusting himself off with a frown, and snaps, "That's all right, I'll let myself in."




 


 
__________________
I have taken the Oath.

Last edited by Yoshimi; Jan 21st, 2023 at 10:29 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old Jan 21st, 2023, 10:31 AM
bananabadger's Avatar
bananabadger bananabadger is online now
Awopbopaloobopalopbamboom
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 21st, 2024
RPXP: 73321
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Posts: 18,919


The fleeing zombie is fading from the lantern's dimmest illumination, but its trajectory is clear.

"Vines!" Hlin says to the itchings in the pit of his left arm. And, not really knowing how this symbiotic contract is meant to work, he feels he should at least make an effort in hit, so he closes his eyes, tries to ignore the loud banging and the smell of "hey, hey! it's sweaty dog bursting into the house!" coming from area around the door, and visualizes the areas where he hopes the vines will spread magical, entangling projections, centerd at the feet of the fleeing zombie, and growing out in all directions for as far as the spores will spore.



 


 
__________________

Last edited by bananabadger; Jan 21st, 2023 at 10:35 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old Jan 21st, 2023, 03:23 PM
Wynamoinen's Avatar
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen is online now
Eternal Bard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 20th, 2024
RPXP: 41473
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Posts: 10,513
LaisrenThere is rather more head-crushing than Laisren is used to in combat. His beet-red fury face gains a tinge of green as distasteful spatters of ichor get all over everything. But, everyone seems safe. A-ru bursts in the door as the last ghoul turns to flee. Lasiren, almost incoherent, meets A-ru's gaze and points at the escaping creature. "Uh, eh - it! Shoot! It!"

Laisren dashes after Larry the ghoul. He doesn't make it two steps before Nukky's mass of vines trip him up. He groans with a "awwwww..." as he realizes that there is no way he can keep up with his quarry, given these stumbling blocks. But he persists at wading through. Then Hlin summons another mass of vines, making the path even more impassable. "AAWWWGGHH!!" Laisren groans even louder. His shoulders slump. He mutters "stop... it... shoot..." as he pats himself all over, as if he might discover a spare longbow. What he does find is the set of throwing axes at his hip.

Shifting his fork to his off-hand, he brandishes an axe with his right. He hauls back, and hurls the axe at the monster. There is a satisfying wet thwump in the darkness ahead. He had Attack made with disadvantage, due to range and/or darkness.no right to make that hit, on the run, in the briar, in the darkness. 7 slashing damageBut he did! His tail bounces with pride as Laisren looks over his shoulder and point at his hit. "eh? eh?" he grunts, apparently looking for approval of his feat.
OOC7 damage to Larry, via a handaxe thrown with disadvantage due to long range.

My Beast Form tail AC reaction is still active, as is Rage resistance.

 
__________________
he/him - MC of Shadows of the City, an Urban Shadows (PbtA) game.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old Jan 21st, 2023, 03:26 PM
bananabadger's Avatar
bananabadger bananabadger is online now
Awopbopaloobopalopbamboom
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 21st, 2024
RPXP: 73321
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Posts: 18,919


"Eh," Hlin replies with a nod and a smile.

 


 

__________________

Last edited by bananabadger; Jan 21st, 2023 at 03:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:20 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2024, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB