Game Thread Chapter 3: A Member of the Wedding - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > The Banshee Bride
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old Jan 22nd, 2023, 02:05 PM
BestTeaMaker's Avatar
BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 21st, 2024
RPXP: 1353
BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker
Posts: 318
Nukky
left-aligned image


"Khaa! No get away, scary corpse thing!" Nukky lifts his staff up, dropping the Entangle spell. In return, the young Kobold and the Spirit lift their respective arms out as they run forwards, firing a Fire Bolt and a Flame Seed at the escaping creature.


Actions
 


Character
Nukky

 


 


Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old Jan 23rd, 2023, 03:21 PM
Drachenspirit's Avatar
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 20th, 2024
RPXP: 34805
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Posts: 28,136
Baly-Ho!
left-aligned image
Baly visibly relaxes as he sheathes his dagger.

"Hmm. The very one I was about to ask to tend to my wounds is running after that zombie-fied guest. My luck hasn't changed since I got here it seems. Maybe I can help Nukky out so he'll come back."

He gestures with his now free hand and in the flowing tongue of Elvish speak the cantrip that has the sound of dolorous bells ringing around Larry suddenly.

 
__________________
Posting Status: Decent - If a reply is needed from me either in a game I am in as a player or as a DM/GM, please send me a PM.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; Jan 25th, 2023 at 04:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old Jan 23rd, 2023, 04:49 PM
Fillyjonk's Avatar
Fillyjonk Fillyjonk is offline
#Bard4Life
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 21st, 2024
RPXP: 45555
Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk
Posts: 12,416
VICTORY
left-aligned image
Hlin, what did you expect, when let the vine try to propagate herself into your person? A parasite at worst. You haven’t been paying attention to your passengers. You have been busy, but now, as you turn your attention to them, to one in particular, you realize you can feel them as a presence. Young and joyful, with no more sense or reason than a clutch of a baby rabbits. But they are aware of each other and of you, and they like their place (you are their place) and they like each other. They are a green hum of easiness and pleasure, non-invasive, non-controlling, but present. With you. You are unhorsed, unhomed from half your rightful physical self, but you have never-the-less found space to give what you have lost to these frail orphans. What wouldn’t they do for you?

When you ask, Lefty answers with a magical spew of deep greed seediness that sails fast away, sprouting and unfurling as it flies into the darkness, miring unseen Larry in a clutching terrain.

Laisren, you do your best to not flip and fall in the vile bodily effluvium’s that coat the floor. You, instead, struggle through Nukky;s weedy floor covering. When you see you will nto make it, your hurl your axe after Larry as he disappears in darkness. Neither you now Hlin see it connect, but the squelch is unmistakeable. Eh, indeed!

Nukky, you drop concentration and the weeds fall away. You and your spirit both jet fire at the retreating ghoul.

Baly, you provide a sound track for Nukky’s burning. The dolorous sound reverberates around the ragged fellow.

Caught, axed, burned, and belled, those with dark vision see Larry melt down into slag. Someone else will have to go find out what is keeping the padre on this most important day.

Just then, with a resounding crash, the true villain of the story practically bursts in twain, and A’RU and Sneech bowl the remains of Lord vol-Door-mort, bruised but victorious and ready to fight more evil!


OOCOOC you are out of combat and the room is empty. The west staircase is entirely collapsed and cannot be climbed without a dc 15 dex check. The platform is hollow but mostly full of rubble, and there is no exit. The East staircase is intact and can be climbed up to the second floor. You can also pass under it to a door that faced north. There is another door facing north farther to the west, but it is blocked with the crumbled remains of a huge statue. If you wish to dig this door open, roll d4. That’s how many hours it will take. Also roll a d20. That will decide how loud the excavations are.

There is also the front or leading back to the courtyard. There, a lattice would provide roof access, and you saw at least three chimneys.
__________________
Join the Bunny-ism Chorus Perpetual
🐰🗡️🐰 Bunny by Mona Awad 🐰🗡️🐰
Visit the RPGX's Drop in, Drop out,(hop in, hop out?) no strings, no stress Book Club

Last edited by Fillyjonk; Jan 23rd, 2023 at 04:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old Jan 24th, 2023, 11:17 PM
bananabadger's Avatar
bananabadger bananabadger is online now
Awopbopaloobopalopbamboom
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 21st, 2024
RPXP: 73321
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Posts: 18,918


"Oh, it's been a long time since I've crashed a wedding," Hlin says with a hint of glee.

He rushes toward the stairs, stopping by Baly and giving him aCure wounds at Level 1
Dice Roll:
1d8+2 (4)+2 Total = 6
playful pat on the cheek.

"Who knows? Maybe there will be a dashing guest who will steal your heart?" he adds before heading toward the stairs, horse in tow.

 


 

__________________

Last edited by bananabadger; Jan 24th, 2023 at 11:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old Jan 25th, 2023, 04:15 PM
Wynamoinen's Avatar
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen is online now
Eternal Bard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 20th, 2024
RPXP: 41473
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Posts: 10,513
LaisrenIn the dark room, now lit by his compatriots, there are still many dark corners that Lasiren can not see into. He re-grips the fork with two hands and readies himself for another attack with a feral slump-shouldered stance. But none comes, and other eyes accustomed to the dark forest and the dank cave seem unworried about the situation. Laisren stands up straight, Rage is now over.shaking out the tension in his arms and shoulders.

Hlin seems to have a destination. Not understanding the language of the ghouls, the farmer is not entirely clear on the intent. "Wouldn't the wedding be in a grand room like this one?" He follows along, and when he passes the last fallen ghoul, he puts his tatty boot on its back, grabs his axe, and pulls it out of the corpse unceremoniously. He wipes off the ichor on the ex-elf's clothes with a scowl.

Slinging the throwing axe back in his belt, he adds, "But I bet Liri - y'know, Malve'en - would have a bedroom on the second floor. Worth looking there. If she was locked in by her family, we might need to bust more doors open." He looks sheepishly at A'Ru. "There must be some happy medium between my method and yours."

Tail still out, Laisren keeps close on Hlin's spirit-hoof-heels.
OOC
 
__________________
he/him - MC of Shadows of the City, an Urban Shadows (PbtA) game.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old Jan 26th, 2023, 12:57 PM
Yoshimi's Avatar
Yoshimi Yoshimi is offline
Zero Nonsense
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 21st, 2024
RPXP: 29864
Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi
Posts: 7,910
A-ru
right-aligned image


Sneech whines in assent at Laisren's observation. A'ru adds, "Sneech here agrees. He'd rather his noggin be the door-opener of last resort."

After the party explains to him what he missed, he mounts Sneech and follows Hlin, spurring his dazed steed to keep up with the centaur. "As good a plan as any. Whatever leads us to the banshee quickest, I say. But I don't trust this place, let's keep our eyes peeled."

The ranger peers suspiciously at the stairs and his surroundings as the party goes, looking for he knows not what.



 


 
__________________
I have taken the Oath.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old Jan 26th, 2023, 01:27 PM
Drachenspirit's Avatar
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 20th, 2024
RPXP: 34805
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Posts: 28,136
Baly-Ho!
left-aligned image
Baly was expecting Nukky to heal him, and was pleasantly surprised when Hlin did the deed.

"That is much appreciated, Hlin. Let me know if you want me to lead the way."
Remaining wounds still being felt, for the moment Baly was okay with not being in the lead.

He pulled out his blades, one in each hand and followed behind Laisren.

 
__________________
Posting Status: Decent - If a reply is needed from me either in a game I am in as a player or as a DM/GM, please send me a PM.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old Jan 27th, 2023, 12:40 PM
Fillyjonk's Avatar
Fillyjonk Fillyjonk is offline
#Bard4Life
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 21st, 2024
RPXP: 45555
Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk
Posts: 12,416
Groom
left-aligned image
Hlin, you heal Baly and head up the stairs first, ghost-horse silent behind. Closer than behind you. A little bit submerged in you, trying to keep its front feet moving in tandem with yours. You can almost feel the sparkle hoof as a tingle. The lantern spills light generously around the space, making shadows and a path ahead of you, carried by the invisible magic hand you summoned.

Laisren, this is a foyer, you realize. A foyer! Fain has one at his house, one of maybe three foyers in all of Rie, and it is an eighth the size of this one. Imagine, a whole room whose whole purpose is to be a buffer between those coming in a house and the rest of it. So extravagant.

Fain's house also has a second floor. His is one of five second stories in Rie, unless you count hay lofts--- which you do, though Fain does not --- and sure enough, the family bedrooms are on the second floor at his place, so. Up you go, just behind Hlin, counting on his lantern's glow. The stairs are dark, otherwise, as is the floor above.

A'ru, you observant thing. You remember that these stairs were in the cabin, recognizing the same carve-work on the banister. You are pretty sure that the library is east, based on watching Malveen navigate through the un-ruined version of this house to pull Laisren's book down from the shelf. You suspect you could find your way directly there, actually. But before you can suggest it, you see a trio of pale, translucent figures coalesce out of the darkness to the north, outside the range of your dark vision and Hlin's lantern, but coming ever closer. Two are elves...

Nukky, do you go up with them?

Baly, you recognize these ghosts as dead Moon elves. Moreover, the one in front wears wedding clothes traditional for grooms. His dead face is beautiful, if cold and cruel. His best man, on the other hand, looks like half his lovely face was eaten off before he died. Perhaps Larry et al had at him before his ghostification? Larry et Al, indeed, for the best man's name is Aluviel. You know because the groom is rhapsodizing as he comes.

Liri is the beautifulest thing in seven nations, but the alliance means such wealth for us all, Aluviel, I'd marry her if she had a face like your jester's! Har har har!

right-aligned image
A'ru, you feel Sneech tense and stop dead under you. Because the jester! The dead jester in his stupid puffy hat! There are Marda poems written reviling it, this hat made to fit a race that was essentially created to be toys. And here, a thousand years ago, this Marda died a toy. You hate the ghost leash around his thin ghost throat, running to the ghost hand of Aluviel. Aluviel gives it a cruel jerk as they keep coming toward you.

Dog, you have the ring? You have your puffy cushion? Answer polite, not a single snide word out of your bark-hole, or I'll beat you to paste and make you sleep in the kennel with the ones that don't talk!


Here is your dread history come to life, except its dead.

Hlin, the groom sees you and his face breaks into a smile. They said the priest was human! We've been looking for you, Padre! Oh can we borrow your Marda to carry bride's ring? We have a whole slew of these things here---they do amuse my mother so--- but she spoils ours, and they are too fiesty by half. I had to beat the girl marda we planned to use near to paste, and now she is too bruise-y and swole to dance cute up the aisle. If we put yours in the sateen princess hat, it can do for a girl. Aluviel, do you have the girl-Marda costume and the cushion for the other ring?

Alluviel has a parge bag with him, and he digs about in it and then pulls out a lady-jester set, ghostly and belled. Is your dog good? Will it gambol and dance on command, or do you need to borrow my Marda Trainer, he asks, next pulling out and brandishing a ghostly crop.

A'ru, the Marda's bright eyes meet yours, and makes a clicky growl tongue noise down low in a tongue you've not heard spoken outside your dreams for years. Step careful, friend, the noise means. He is young---or he was when he died, and frail-shouldered like a person who has been kept starved. They used to do this. It is the poems and stories. Keep the Marda underfed to dance for what they called "treats" and your people called bare sustenance.

Hlin, the best man says to you, Padre, we want to start in half an hour. What do you need to get ready?

They hang in the air before you, and not a one of the three seems to have a single idea that they are dead.


Map and OOC You can see the interactive version HERE. I will try to refresh it if it poofs, but I am in Alabama with my mom this weekend.

BTM I have you on the map but you can be downstairs if you prefer.

The 3 ghosts are coming toward you, and unless you take immediate action, they will end this scene right beside you near the top of the stairs (which is fine---just saying for map purposes they are likely to be closer than you see them on the static map)

__________________
Join the Bunny-ism Chorus Perpetual
🐰🗡️🐰 Bunny by Mona Awad 🐰🗡️🐰
Visit the RPGX's Drop in, Drop out,(hop in, hop out?) no strings, no stress Book Club

Last edited by Fillyjonk; Jan 27th, 2023 at 12:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old Jan 27th, 2023, 11:40 PM
BestTeaMaker's Avatar
BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 21st, 2024
RPXP: 1353
BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker
Posts: 318
Nukky
left-aligned image


Nukky lingers behind for a little bit, staring at the place around them. He looks up to the Mother Forest. Was it fear? Longing for comfort? Nukky looked deep into his spirit's fiery gaze as it awaited an order from the young Kobold. He turns and sees the rest have gone up the stairs. The young Kobold shakes himself from his post-battle reverie. He nods over to his spirit.

"Nukky wish you come with us." The spirit nods in return, and silently follows the young Kobold as he runs up to catch up with the rest of the group. They had decided to help him, so in return the Kobold will be with them to whatever end this goes.

As the Kobold catches up, he peeks up from below the floor from the stairs, cautiously eyeing the ghosts that come towards them. He signals to the spirit to step back down the stairs get ready to teleport if things go awry. The little Kobold does his best to make himself seem inconspicuous as they address Hlin and Aru.

Character
Nukky

 


 


Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old Jan 28th, 2023, 10:05 PM
bananabadger's Avatar
bananabadger bananabadger is online now
Awopbopaloobopalopbamboom
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 21st, 2024
RPXP: 73321
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Posts: 18,918


"My children! Blessed day! What happiness and fortune this union will bring!" Hlin replies.

"Please, though, hand your Marda trainer to our Marda trainer," he adds, nodding to Baly. "Our Marda is ready, though he did roll in some nasty, putrid plant on the way over here, so if you could tell our trainer where he might be best bathed ... and we could clean up your girl Marda while we're at it, after all, it's part of the wedding package."

"Speaking of which ..." he continues, now nodding to Laisren, "we have brought the exotic tail dancer for the party afterwards and our musician should be coming up the stairs shortly. Now ... we haven't discussed the fee, but I know your house is good for it. The honor of working with established families like yours means being able to proceed with full trust. But, and this is delicate, I have been asked assurances from the bride's family as to the nature and extent of the dowry. Entirely understandable, you must understand, because it would be a shame to have misunderstandings arise after the vows. Oh, the difficulties that calamity of a misunderstood dowry has brought to once-venerable houses ..."

 


 

__________________

Last edited by bananabadger; Jan 28th, 2023 at 10:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old Jan 29th, 2023, 11:30 AM
Yoshimi's Avatar
Yoshimi Yoshimi is offline
Zero Nonsense
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 21st, 2024
RPXP: 29864
Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi Yoshimi
Posts: 7,910
A-ru
right-aligned image


The banter fades into a blur for A'ru, his stare frozen in place on the marda's ghost. It was the first of his kind the ranger had seen in over eleven years, alive or dead, and at first he cannot speak for the painful catch in his throat. Then slowly some of the words around him seep into his consciousness. "Dog...marda trainer..."

For the marda of the Archwood, there was no Creation myth, no ties to the past, no origin story. The problem with oral tradition is that when the culture becomes scattered and reduced to near-extinction, connections to the past become lost forever. But A'ru had heard the poem about the hat. It had been recited mockingly to his face time and again, for in a horrible twist of fate, he had spent miserable months as a court fool himself before making his escape.

"Beat you to a paste...kennel..."

When the ghostly marda speaks, A'ru tears his gaze away and his eyes narrow as they rest upon Aluviel. By his side, Sneech growls, low and long. At the edge of his consciousness, he hears Hlin's voice explain that he would be giving A'ru a bath. The world seems to flash red for a moment as one Sylvan word finally forms in the ranger's overheated brain. He raises his right hand.


"Lasair!"
Obediently a flame springs up on his palm, and with a snarl he hurls it at the haughty ghost.

He pulls his staff free of its harness while Sneech crouches growling. A'ru chants once again in Sylvan and the holly leaf in his hat flashes as his staff becomes limned in green light. "Call me a dog agin, yeh pig-faced, pig-brained, pig arse." He points the staff toward Aluviel threateningly.



 


 
__________________
I have taken the Oath.

Last edited by Yoshimi; Jan 29th, 2023 at 05:00 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old Jan 29th, 2023, 12:14 PM
Drachenspirit's Avatar
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 20th, 2024
RPXP: 34805
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Posts: 28,136
Baly-Ho!
left-aligned image
Baly decided to hide along with Nukky and just listen. Then Aru got mad and cast a magical flame at one of the Ghosts.

"So much for hiding", he said and sheathed his dagger as he moved out along with Aru and spoke something in Elvish that was the inflections and tone to the necrotic cantrip he had cast before. His free had made the practiced gestures and in a moment the sounds of dolorous bells rang around the ghost ahead who Aru had targeted.

 
__________________
Posting Status: Decent - If a reply is needed from me either in a game I am in as a player or as a DM/GM, please send me a PM.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old Jan 29th, 2023, 02:58 PM
Wynamoinen's Avatar
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen is online now
Eternal Bard
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 20th, 2024
RPXP: 41473
Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen Wynamoinen
Posts: 10,513
LaisrenIt's all.... a lot, for poor Laisren. There are ghosts, elf ghosts with marda-ghost-slaves! Hlin seems to take that in stride (it doesn't occur to Laisren that he's taken Hlin's ghost-horse half in stride with only slight discomfort) and chats them up, pulling Laisren into the ruse.

Mouth agape, "Uh?" is Laisren's first elegant first response to being called a 'tail-dancer'. Picking up on the plan, he adds "Oh, yeah, uh, wag-wag-wag..." he seems to have forgotten how to move his tail and instead moves his entire backside to and fro as he 'wags'. But he even that unconvincing show peters out as a growling builds behind him. Laisren turns to hear A'Ru summoning a Fey-fire, and flings it at the ghost.

"Yow!" he yells, backing out of the way. "But... we aren't... they are... Hlin said..." Baly doesn't waste a beat, and summons his own dark magic. "Aw buttercups..." Laisren whines, taking a few more steps back. His hand finds one of the daggers that Tomas sold him. He holds it by the point, not sure if he should engage with the elves, or if the dagger would do anything, anyways. But if the ghosts retaliate, he can try and give them a taste of their own medicine.
OOCIf the ghosts attack, Laisren will throw an elf-dagger against the attacker as a held action. But it seems likely he will miss (hit AC 10) in that attempt, if he throws it. That said, if it's magical with a +1 and they're AC 11 then the world's my oyster! 5 damage if so.

 
__________________
he/him - MC of Shadows of the City, an Urban Shadows (PbtA) game.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old Jan 31st, 2023, 11:41 AM
BestTeaMaker's Avatar
BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 21st, 2024
RPXP: 1353
BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker BestTeaMaker
Posts: 318
Nukky
left-aligned image


Nukky watches as Hlin attempts to reconcile with the ghosts. The young Kobold quietly sighs in relief, no trouble here. Then, as he turns to Aru, Nukky sees a rage boiling.

"A-aru?"

And in a flash, the Marda unleashes magic at the ghosts. Nukky, quite confused, reacts in turn. "Gaaaaa!" He and his spirit both fling out fire at the ghosts, hoping it would do something in the chaos.

 


Character
Nukky

 


 



Last edited by BestTeaMaker; Jan 31st, 2023 at 11:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old Jan 31st, 2023, 02:06 PM
Fillyjonk's Avatar
Fillyjonk Fillyjonk is offline
#Bard4Life
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 21st, 2024
RPXP: 45555
Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk
Posts: 12,416
Ghost Fight!
left-aligned image
Hlin, you accept the role you have been given. If the ghosts are going to put you in the story, you may as well play the part and try to get some understanding. You truly are all diplomat. You try to persuade them that the whole crowd with you has a purpose. This one is entertainment for the reception (Laisren's betailed butt waggle DAD JOKE!backs your story), that one is a Marda Trainer. Sure, sure. The Groom seems to take all this is stride.

Dowry?
He says, More like a merger. Instead of fighting each other---war is so expensive, time consuming---I simply marry their only child, and then whatever little spawns we make take the whole region! Ha. The mines alone--- But by then, A'ru's rage cup has completely filled, and talking time is over.

A'ru you call fire and hurl it into the face of the hated one who holds the leash. The Marda beside him has wide eyes. His face flashes so many feelings: fear, admiration, shock, pride---hope?

The ghost is so surprised he drops the leash, sputtering, How dare you! and you answer with strong words and shillelagh.

Baly, you step philosophically forward and release the painful sound of your bell. The ghost doesn't even try to shrug it off. He simply eats it. That which has no flesh cannot be rotted. Okay, then. Lesson learned.

Laisren, you were all set to play a part, but things have flat turned violent. Aluviel comes right at A'ru, clearly on the attack, and you throw one of the human boy's beautifully crafted daggers. Your aim is true. It goes right through him, of course, and clatters to the floor, but you can see the magic blade has dragged in the ectoplasm. It drops straight down, and you can see it has torn out some wisps as it went.

Nukky you were halfway down, out of site, but now you sharge into the fray, spewing flames, your spirit behind you. Unfortunately, just as you attack, Aluviel is dipping down close to A'ru. So close! Too close! The ghost tries to disappear down inside him!

Oh for ****'s sake, says the groom, exasperated. Quell your stupid dog. He sees the attacks by Laisren and Nukky, and says, Excuse me just a moment, Father. He leans through you, Hlin, shoving his head through you and the ghost horse.

Laisren, you and Sneech see the head that emerges from Hlin's back peel open into a vile, enrages skull face, the big square teeth dripping vile effluvium. It's utterly horrifying, the very sight chilling your spinal fluids. SETTLE DOWN, DANCER BOY! AND TELL YOUR, uhhhhh, PUFFY PONY SADDLE-DOG THING TO CALM HIS ARSE AS WELL! the horrifying Groom face shrieks. Then it pulls back through and stares down at Hlin, saying, So hard to find good help...

The Ghost Marda realizes no one has the leash. It darts sideways while none of the ghosts are looking at him, right through the wall, though there is a door just a few feet down. He disappears.


OOCYoshi, A'ru must succeed on a DC 13 Charisma saving throw or be possessed by the ghost; the ghost then disappears, and the target is incapacitated and loses control of its body. The ghost now controls the body but doesn't deprive the target of awareness. The ghost can't be targeted by any attack, spell, or other effect, except ones that turn undead, and it retains its alignment, Intelligence, Wisdom, Charisma, and immunity to being charmed and frightened. It otherwise uses the possessed target's statistics, but doesn't gain access to the target's knowledge, class features, or proficiencies. The possession lasts until the body drops to 0 hit points, the ghost ends it as a bonus action, or the ghost is turned or forced out by an effect like the dispel evil and good spell. When the possession ends, the ghost reappears in an unoccupied space within 5 ft. of the body. The target is immune to this ghost's Possession for 24 hours after succeeding on the saving throw or after the possession ends.

If you SUCCEED you can tell me what it is like to shove Aluvien out. If you fail, you will play as A'ru aware but possessed. You will need to attack a member of the party that attacked Aluviel. Roll a d4 to see who it is. 1 Baly or 2 Nukky and 3 or 4 Laisren (his damage succeeded) using your own stats and attacks)

Laisren and Sneech need to make a DC13 wisdom saving throw or they have the frightened condition:
A frightened creature has disadvantage on Ability Checks and Attack rolls while the source of its fear is within Line of Sight.
The creature can’t willingly move closer to the source of its fear.

The Ghost Marda is not visible just showing you where he went through the wall.

Name Health AC Damage Conditions Concentrating
A'ru28/2817   
Sneech20/2015   
Baly14/2116   
Hlin 18/1813   
Laisren18/3214   
Nukky27/2715   
Fire Spirit20/2013   
AlHURT11-6 -5  
GroomHEALTHY11   
MardaHEALTHY11   

Here is the map on OWLBEAR no PW

__________________
Join the Bunny-ism Chorus Perpetual
🐰🗡️🐰 Bunny by Mona Awad 🐰🗡️🐰
Visit the RPGX's Drop in, Drop out,(hop in, hop out?) no strings, no stress Book Club

Last edited by Fillyjonk; Feb 3rd, 2023 at 04:04 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:09 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2024, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB