Game Thread Chapter 3: Castle Rend - Fire Upon the Keep - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > Yeohven: Fall from Grace
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old May 5th, 2023, 05:30 AM
MontageManiac's Avatar
MontageManiac MontageManiac is offline
Simple Storysmith
Event Judge
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 15th, 2024
RPXP: 14182
MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac
Posts: 8,831
Currently
Date 24th of Eleasis, Highsun, 1542
Time Afternoon
Location Just outside of Gravesford
Region Rach’Dinae, Farsaidh
Weather Rain and Clouds, 17 C

”The Lost Company: New Allies, a New Town

Rain was beginning to fall harder, as though Yeohven itself knew it needed to be rid of the bloodshed upon the ground, a pithy amount compared to its long history of violence.

Doing little to actually bathe the group of adventurers from the viscera on their persons, all it did was make quick-work of the hardpacked dirt beneath their feet, reducing it to nothing more than squelching mud around their boots, hooves, and taloned claws.

Once Anahi had picked up her cane from the ground, she glanced up to see the ominous flicker of a living shadow standing before her… roughly the same size as the knave from before. Like a flame colored black, it stood unmoving before her. A pulse from the Blade of Shadows brought her attention to the weapon, and as she lifted it from its place upon her person, she raised it towards the shadow. Where the metal blade had rain drops roll down its smooth, pristine surface, Anahi could see her reflection in the untarnished blade, and as she moved it across the shade’s form, the dagger revealed a grotesque horror that was a mimicry of the person the shade once was… but pale, gaunt, and crazed looking eyes, the mouth moving as though a scream should emit from the blade but there was still no sound. What horrible realm Anahi was staring into she could not tell, but she knew, somehow, that the man she had killed was now being terrorized within the blade, and this shade was a reminder, following her, that the power she wielded was not something to be trifled with, and a responsibility to those she killed. If this blade was to be drawn on someone, it was with the knowledge that death was not their final resting place… and that Anahi was stealing them from that rest.

The emergence of Scout Oot “Slither”, a goblin rumored to be employed by the Duke of Rach’Dinai as his own private guard and hunter, was almost as shocking as the arrival of the curious trio from the carriage they had stopped to “save”. The news that the Duke may have been attacked was extremely troubling. So much so that the Lost Company normally would have raced to all hells and back to get to the bottom of what was going on. However, given their recently reckless actions, taking stock was important. They were worn out, with new allies, and about to travel with a goblin near the border of the Barrens on the Rach’Dinai side. It had been nearly a year since they’d been in Rach’Dinai, and the members of the Lost Company currently in this small clearing had to check themselves about where they were, and were no longer. Goblins were not as welcome in these lands, a reality they were to be faced with sooner than later.

right-aligned image

Buzz had been spending his time prior to Oot’s arrival looking through some of the belongings of those on the ground, half-listening to what had been happening, he spotted the glimmer of something amongst the mud. Quickly moving to grab it, he’d found himself tripping on a stone and falling face-first into the muck. Coming up for air, the young halfling sorcerer coughed out liquid dirt onto the ground, and reached forward to grab what initially had startled him, and examined what appeared to be… was this a spyglass? Buzz recalled his many stories and tales of what Whalers used to spot the tell-tale sign of a blow-hole exploding from the surface for the giant creature to take a breath in and then disappear beneath the waves once more.

left-aligned image

Pocketing the strangely colored object, he looked down towards his feet where he had tripped, expecting to find a rock that cause his trip. Instead what he saw was a leather pouch. Reaching forward and hefting it in his hand, he could help but feel like a rock was inside. Up-ending the pouch, a crystalline, bright blue cut gem rolled into his muddy hand, and Buzz’s eyes went wide as he examined the gem-stone, holding the pouch in his hand. It was nearly as large as Buzz’s fist… his normal sized fist… and it was gorgeous.

While the others kicked around the battlefield, they all gathered about 180 gold pieces, a leather pouch which contained a piece of worn cloth and some wooden tokens for what appeared to be a game of some sort. Someone else pulled a flask of what tasted like salt water from the mud. A trophy from whatever region these people called home it seems.

Introductions were made by the scantly clad minotaur woman who was covered more in blood than clothing it seemed, and Grimash, asking the question that was burning on everyone else’s mind. Why were they all here?

Gravesford.

The town closest to the Border without being one of the major Barony strongholds. Despite its dangerous proximity, and frontier-type funding, they were a strong community of surprisingly forgiving individuals. Mostly. Some of the group had heard of this place for contacts that could lead to further understanding, or perhaps contacts that needed to be informed of the group’s current situation. There were risks involved, but The Lost Company’s last orders from Captain Brimswell was to make way to Gravesford, and make contact with someone within his network. A half-elf named Kate was all the information he gave in their short correspondence at the Scarlyte Market in the Barrens.

Meanwhile, Anahi knew that if Niizah was to be anywhere, it would be somewhere in this vicinity. She’d been brief of Rach’Dinai politics and culture if given the opportunity to complete her own mission, which she did, and be in the area to lend aid to her mentor and friend on her own mission, something she didn’t have full understanding about. First responsibility of a spy when in a foreign land? Get the current events and assess how they were to be used for mission success. She didn’t know where Niizah was, but the least she could do was figure out how to go findher and join her.

“Slither” had his own issues to worry about however. While he was happy to know he had found some potential allies, he still didn’t have a clear idea of what was going on. Lufir was still after him, or he had to assume so, and he still had no word about the Duke.

Grimash knew there was a famed blacksmith in Gravesford of all places, and knew that if he wanted any chance of working or learning more about Scarlyte, he’d have to speak with that blacksmith.

So off to Graveford they travelled…




left-aligned image


…And more and more rain followed with them. By the time they had reached the town of Gravesford, it was extremely wet, and people were either finding room under stall awnings, or making their way to some bastion from the rain, perhaps the Church, the inn, or someplace further. Entering the town from the main road, the 7 figures made quite the striking group.

Hailing down a child who was running for cover, Grimash offered to shield the boy from the rain, to which he happily shared any information he could with this crazy band of adventurers who decided to TALK to him. HIM. A peasant boy. "Aye, yes, well, m’name’s Clark by the way, thank ye, yes well, ummm… Gravesford ain’t very big, like the cities I’m sure you’ve seen and done. Very impressive. That ain’t here though. Don’t get me wrong, I love it here, but it’s just… uh… well… here let me tell ya. The Reluctant Pig is our inn and tavern, and oh boy will you not find a better meal in 3 days of riding in any direction. Gowan is a mean cook, emphasis on the mean, but boy is it always tasty. Giselle is real sweet, she’s the tavern-keep and inn mistress. She’ll set you up real nice. Brecca is a barmaid, oh boy is she sweet and pretty. Don’t tell her I said that though! She’s the daughter of Giselle and Gowan, really nice. She has a great memory, super sharp. Don’t know why she’s still here and not elsewhere."

The boy was walking through the streets now with you, pointing out each of the places to consider: The Church of St. Gaed the Confessor; Osric’s Cheeses, which was actually the town’s Mayor’s cheese-shop; Utaref & Sons Smithy, where Clark informs you that Jago is the owner and proprietor, but really it’s Kate who makes all the best stuff in there. It’s at this point the boy goes on a tangent about the town’s council, which is made of up Osric, the Mayor, Jago, Morgouse who is a carpenter, Giselle from the ‘Pig, and a landowner named Hamner.

Looking off to the right, the group can see a smaller hut, which Clark eagerly points out, "Oh, oh, that right there is Pinna’s Magic Shop! Usually she’s in the Market Square, setting off fireworks, and making things like Bunnies appear and disappear, but when it’s raining like this I bet she’s in her shop. Yeah, look at that, smoke out of ‘er chimney, I bet she’s in there alright. A real-life wizard she is!"

With the rain not abating, Clark waves to the adventurers and runs towards the Reluctant Pig, eager for a bowl of warm stew and hot bread and honey, leaving the adventurers to decide on their next course of action given the different locations they know of now…




”OOC” Alright folks, let me know where you’d like to go! You most definitely can split the party if you’d like, there’s a lot to see and do!



 




Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Starwatcher's Lens 300.png
Views:	58
Size:	164.9 KB
ID:	99500   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sapphire 300.png
Views:	59
Size:	195.4 KB
ID:	99501   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gravesford Raining 300.png
Views:	60
Size:	181.7 KB
ID:	99502  
__________________
PCs: Dramoth "Nova" / Rhokax Soulreader / Kayne Cyire / Torm / Donovan Whistler
GM: Scales of War 5e & Yeohven: Fall from Grace
Real Life hitting harder and harder. Working on updates as soon as I can, please have pity (patience) on me!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old May 5th, 2023, 04:56 PM
IrishKatt's Avatar
IrishKatt IrishKatt is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 16th, 2024
RPXP: 1695
IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt
Posts: 2,908
ReznaConstant rain, wet clothes, and uneven footing harkened her back to the days of earning her moniker the right way, rather than as a badge of shame. Those days were accompanied by harsh winds, rapidly changing terrain, and the constant looming threat that at the ever shifting whim of the undulating seas your voyage could come to an abrupt end. Those days she looked back on fondly so one can only imagine how this usual trudge for the average folk was being received by the minotaur warrior; this was near relaxing for her, there was no rigging to tend to, no weather to watch, no cargo to tie down, and no duties to enforce just the things she enjoyed. Rezna didn't wear much in terms of clothing for reasons such as this, rather than the barbaric reasons some may equate to her kind, why most of them often didnt wear large draping clothes, at least those that didnt want to feel and smell like a beach washed sea-goat. So the constant spray of the sea, and the storms rolled off of them, and they could dry quickly, but in a deluge like this she was perfectly comfortable being soggy for prolonged periods of time, let alone afraid to bare all and dry her garments over a fire should the opportunity present itself along their soggy travels.

Rain without waves sang a different song she often found herself thinking since starting her journey on the mainland, today was no different. Without the melodic roar of the waves it danced and played to a tune that was accompanied by the added symphony of leaves, and wind through branches, singing the song of the earthbound storm. Listening to the constant steady rumble, and patter of the droplets was therapeutic to her in a way, but even that therapeutic nostalgia was not enough to steal her concentration as they entered the township of Gravesford. After being led around by the young man called Clark, Rezna nudges Anahi and motions with her head towards the "Reluctant Pig"; her wide thick horns making the gesture seem more exaggerated than it actually was. "If there are no pressing matters, I suggest we dry ourselves, and get some food in our bellies." Her voice was strong, authoritative, but without a commanding tone, in truth it came from a place of care, concern, and old habits, she still wore her symbol of station as an accomplished, and decorated first-mate after all. This was the main driving force behind getting this group into lodgings for the time being, that and she had found through her mainland travels that you could gauge a lot about a town based on their taverns, and inns, and the people who frequent them. It also happened to be the perfect place for rumors, reputations, and wild speculations about people. If there was anyone who would cause them troubles here in town they would make themselves known soon enough, and what better place than when a tired group is just settling down for a break?

Its was different travelling with so many now, but it wasnt something she disliked, it reminded her of being back on a ship with a crew, and brought a smile of fondness to her face. Her new companions were each interesting in their own way, and she was still to figure out their strengths, and weaknesses to better her interactions with them. She had no real driving goal, or mission to accomplish personally, but was enjoying this "walk-about" she was on, and was spending the last bit as Anahi's friend, and muscle. Still all of her new group would get the same level of respect from her unless given reason to do otherwise. Their introductions were forged in the crucible of battle despite how one sided she felt it was. Blood was spilled, and lives were saved, and because of this she felt a bond to them. Now their bond needed to be tempered in the fires of revelry as they regale each other with tales of their past exploits, and conquests, and friendly competition of drink, and constitution. Without so much more as a word she started towards the "Reluctant Pig" in a steady stride, ready to taste warm food, and be somewhere to dry herself; wet fur was not comfortable. As she strode through the mud her rain soaked braided mane soggily plopped to either side as some of her more wild hair stuck uncooperatively to her slick dampened horns. Her great-axe slung over her shoulder she takes in a deep breath through her nose enjoying the damp earthy smell of the deluge as rain water spun itself into a steady thread coming down off of her chin while steady streams washed through the definition in her great muscled physique like tiny rivers.
__________________

Natural 20's:15
Natural 1's: 3

Last edited by IrishKatt; May 5th, 2023 at 05:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old May 5th, 2023, 10:45 PM
stubbornmist's Avatar
stubbornmist stubbornmist is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 13th, 2023
RPXP: 1853
stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist
Posts: 195
Kori
Kori looked up at the dragonborn. She'd read about them, but had never met one in person. He was scalier than she'd imagined.
“You look like you could use some fixing, Lass. Care for a swill of elixir to ail those wounds? I’ve been on the reapers step. It is nigh a comfortable perch.”
She nodded and took the offered potion. "Thank you."
It's magic worked wonders, immediately taking a bite out of the pain and wooziness she was experiencing.
How in all realms had things twisted so far out of the path she had imagined? A dragon born, a goblin, some blind woman...who was nowhere close to blind, and...a cow? Minotaur, the word popped into her mind, something from a legend told to her long ago.
She had enough experience with fate to know not to question her, so she simply shrugged when it was suggested they set off as a group for Gravesford. Companions were always welcomed on the road, especially ones that had proven true. And if what the goblin had said about the Duke, they would have need of any help they could get.

Gravesford

Kori was soaked and miserable. The potion had closed her wounds, but the blood, hers and the enemies still stained her clothes, an unwelcome reminder of her mistake. Was she losing her touch? She hadn't miscalculated this badly since the troll cavern, and that mistake had cost her her life.
The kid was cute though, oblivious in the way that children tended to be he nattered on and on, giving an impromptu tour of the town. Goblin children had tended to be afraid of her, so the boy's obvious lack of fear...or self preservation was refreshing, and took a little of the gloom away from her thinking.
"If there are no pressing matters, I suggest we dry ourselves, and get some food in our bellies." The minotaur...Rezna, offered.
Hmm. Food, warmth and shelter from this miserable drizzle? Yeah, she wasn't going to turn that down. Besides, it had been almost a year since she'd had a good old Rach’Dinai brew and Gods did she need one.
"Sounds like a plan," she told the group, following the big woman's lead.


Stat Block
right-aligned image
Meikoris (AKA Kori)
Half-Elf Butcher

Hit Points: 4/38 | AC: 16 | Init: +3 | Speed: 40' | Proficiency Bonus: +3
Str:15 (+2) | Dex : 16 (+3) | Con: 15 (+2) | Int: 11(+0) | Wis: 17 (+3) | Cha: 13 (+1)

Weapons: Crow's Talons

Proficiencies & Traits: Short sword, simple weapons, herbalism kit, leatherworker's tools noneArmor | Crows TalonsWeapons | Dex modifier to hit D6 for damage martial arts | leather worker's toolsTools | Common, elvish, primordialLanguages |

Equipment: dagger, darts

__________________
ooooh...Shiny!
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old May 6th, 2023, 11:56 AM
Jrod's Avatar
Jrod Jrod is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 18th, 2024
RPXP: 2523
Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod
Posts: 2,856
Grim




The omniscient sound of rain drops colliding on Steel echo lightly as Grimash moves foot by foot towards gravesford. To him, the song of rain was calming for both body and soul. It had a way of reminding the warrior that all things could be repented and replenished, Washed away and reborn. Like the blood stained cloths he often wore, it was not something that couldn’t be un done. Blood would run, dilute and what was left would heal. Like scorched farm land or charred forests, over time those to would become anew with a healthy fall of water. But like anything, moderation was key.

Gravesford was quaint and relatable in a lot ways. Much of Grims travels brought him to far away villages, some rarely traceable on most maps. It was these communities he felt more at home in rather than the bustling metropolis’s of civilization, in the heart of the empire. On these outermost towns he could naturally be himself and let all manner of strange fly with little to no fear of judgement. These settlements were both unique and genuine, with full of broad spectrum of inhabitants.

Quote:
"If there are no pressing matters, I suggest we dry ourselves, and get some food in our bellies”
If he was being honest, All he wanted to do was purvey the local blacksmith and forge master, for rumors of a rare earth metal set his soul ablaze like few other things before. The possibilities were just endless on what could be done if he got his hands on such an element and learned of its properties. With his only lead standing but a few paces away within the local forge it was utter torture to the Artificer. Unfortunately for Grimash, the roar of his belly meant his lust for knowledge took a back seat, and he digressed, tending to agree with Rezna.

“Surely we all share the same appetite and could benefit from real nutrition” - he stopped, looking at the largest member among them, then onto their most puny. Puzzled he was, as for the first time just now realizing how miniature their comrades were as a whole. Hardly an ounce of meat on the lot. “Or some more than others I suspect. Tell us Rezna. What is a customary dish among your people…”

“A well nights rest may be prescribed for certain. Let us feast tonight and rest our weary feet. Tell us Boy, how is the local Mead? Why don’t you fetch some fresh Smoke for your friend Grim and join us for dinner. Certainly you have more stories to tell, and well, I don’t think anyone here would mind a crash course on Gravesford culture” Grim pulls two gold coins from his belt pouch and places them in Clark’s palm.






Stat BlockGrimash
right-aligned image

Dragonborn Artificer Armorer

Hit Points: 43 | AC: 22 | Init: +3 | Speed: 40' | Proficiency Bonus: +3
Str:10 (+0) | Dex : 13 (+1) | Con: 17 (+3) | Int: 20(+5) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 9 (-1)

Weapons: Disadvantage if enemy attacks anyone but meThunder Gauntlets

Proficiencies: Simple weapons, Jewelers, Thieves, Tinkerers, Smiths, AllArmor | SimpleWeapons |

Feats: Mobile, Fey touched

Traits: 30’ line Fire Dex save DC14Breath Weapon | resistance fireDraconic Resistance | Common, DraconicLanguages |

Infusions: Enhanced Defense, Mind Sharpener, Replicate magic item

Equipment: Goggles of night, hand axes, shield, plate armor

Spell Slots available: 1st level 4/4 , 2nd level 2/2





OOC

Actions
Attack:
Movement:
Bonus:
Reaction:

Dice rolls:




Last edited by Jrod; May 6th, 2023 at 11:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old May 6th, 2023, 07:59 PM
Berith Berith is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 19th, 2024
RPXP: 19119
Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith
Posts: 6,410
Ootinee
right-aligned image
The fight hadn't been an ordinary robbery. Ootinee figured that out quickly enough...it wasn't simply thieves and their prey, there were other dynamics at work. If nothing else, it looked like the big Dragonborn might also be a newcomer. What have I stumbled into? Oot asked himself as his mind scrambled to figure out who and what he'd fallen in with.

Kori, for that was apparently her name, was cautiously welcoming. Or at least cautiously curious, and not hostile. That was enough. "...What is this news with the Duke?" she asked. Her confusion seemed sincere. Whatever had happened back at the manor, if anything had happened, Kori looked legitimately perplexed.

The Goblin drew a breath to put his thoughts in order. How to explain what he himself didn't remotely understand? Focus on what you know, Ootinee reminded himself. He was about to explain as best he could when a Halfling bounded over, as only a Halfling could bound. His chipper voice rang loudly in Ootinee's ears as he felt his hand grabbed and tugged. "You are the goblin pet that Oz spoke of!"

Ootinee snatched his hand back as if it had been burned, and his eyes grew flat and slitted with malice. His hands didn't move an inch toward sword, knife, or bow, and his face gave away none of the effort the lack of movement required. The Hairfoot perhaps sensed a bit of the rage he'd caused, as he grew embarrassed and tried to walk back the demeaning words. "I mean...uh...not pet," he began, but Ootinee had deliberately turned his back on the Halfling and readied himself again to try to make sense of the last few days.

"Listen, none of this makes any sense, Kori, but you served the Duke and you should hear this." Once he started talking, events fell into place in his mind. And then the Dragonborn sauntered over and scattered Oot's thoughts like a farmer plowing through an anthill.

"Ah...Goblin," he observed. "Explains it." Explains what? But the scout knew. Bugger you, he thought to himself as the Dragonborn babbled. "Keep those arrows and that blade pointed away from me, friend," the fool concluded.

"You come move them any time you feel brave enough, tinker." He wasn't afraid of any of these people, and he wasn't interested in their condescension. Ootinee looked deliberately at the Dragonborn's tools and sniffed derisively. "Mind your pots and pans, and there's an extra copper in it for you." Frustrated, Ootinee stalked off to spend some time rifling through the belongings of the dead - the time-honored prerogative of the victor.

After, it made sense to enter Gravesford together and make common cause. A decent meal settled the world somewhat, and Ootinee found a moment to share his experiences. For now, the scout mostly addressed Kori. "Thanks for not trying to kill me back there, after that bandit. Listen. I was with the Duke, three days back, scouting for his party." Ootinee refused to turn his head the slightest, would not stare daggers at Buzz. "I was tracking some White Tusks, just keeping an eye on them. Then, from the manor, noise. Alarms." Just what you know. "The White Tusks freeze. Me too. Then, out of nowhere, Dustrage and his men pour out of the forest. He screams at the Tusks, blames them for the death of the Duke and his family. Dustrage and his men attacked, but the Tusks got through them and into the woods. They got after me, too, but I got out and have been on the run. I heard your fight, and figured I could lose 'em in your noise. Lucky me, I got close and recognized you. Knew who you were, but we never met. Some punter pointed you out to me back when...liked your hair, he did." Despite the tension, Ootinee chuckled then. That was a good memory, that poor lovelorn bastard.

"I don't know if the Duke is safe or where Dustrange is now. But I do know this - the White Tusks didn't attack anybody. I was trailing them. I would like to go check on him. Something isn't right." That wasn't a strong conclusion, Ootinee knew, but he also believed it with all his being.

OOC
 


 
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Berith; May 8th, 2023 at 08:27 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old May 6th, 2023, 09:45 PM
Onward's Avatar
Onward Onward is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 17th, 2024
RPXP: 6179
Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward
Posts: 4,510
Astrid "Dreamer" Hearth
right-aligned image

Astrid gives out a sigh, during their long trek to find a town she spends her time painting the scenery with her art supplies. Each painting were so beautiful, yet something was always loomng in the background. Whenever she painted scenes of battle an eerieness would show in her drawings like some entity encroaching in the back ground. She even made a painting of the shadowblade Anahi wielded, if Anahi saw it she would see many tortured souls upon the blades metal, though Astrid is unaware of such things and sees only a plain sword, her most normal of artpieces to date.
left-aligned image


Somehow, and usually always, Astrid's paintings survive through the rain despite how hard it's pouring,"Finally, I could use a break instead of this back-breaking march. A bed in a nice inn sounds like heaven. Ah right, Buzz, what sort of animal did you kill? Better be something that kicked your arse and not some rabbit, unless you want a horde of rabbit to fight your battles." she asked her companion.


OOC
Statblock
Name: Astrid Hearth
Race: Half-Elf
Senses: Darkvision 60 ft
HP: 19/35 AC: 14 Initiative: +3 Speed: 30ft
Str: 8 Dex: 16 Con: 14 Int: 1# Wis: 10 Cha: 19
Feature: You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can't put you to sleep.Fey Ancestry
Diversion
Ability Check. When the creature rolls the Bardic Inspiration die to add it to an ability check, the creature can roll the Bardic Inspiration die again and choose which roll to use, as the mote pops and emits colorful, harmless sparks for a moment.

Attack Roll. Immediately after the creature rolls the Bardic Inspiration die to add it to an attack roll against a target, the mote thunderously shatters. The target and each creature of your choice that you can see within 5 feet of it must succeed on a Constitution saving throw against your spell save DC or take thunder damage equal to the number rolled on the Bardic Inspiration die.

Saving Throw. Immediately after the creature rolls the Bardic Inspiration die and adds it to a saving throw, the mote vanishes with the sound of soft music, causing the creature to gain temporary hit points equal to the number rolled on the Bardic Inspiration die plus your Charisma modifier (minimum of 1 temporary hit point).
Inspiration 1/4 (1d6)
Performance of Creation 1/1
Sorcery Points 2/2
Inspiration Point 1
Equipment: Creator's Clay 8/8
Note:

Initiative:11
Action:
Bonus Action:


Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old May 7th, 2023, 11:28 PM
BionicEwok's Avatar
BionicEwok BionicEwok is offline
Just a meat popsicle
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 13th, 2023
RPXP: 1679
BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok
Posts: 327
The RoadTrying to keep pace with the rest of the group proved difficult, short legs, a muddy road, and trying to spy every bird and squirrel with his new glass slowed Buzz significantly. Behind and knocking the ten pounds of sticky mud from his boots, the halfling then would sprint forward, gaining a lead on the troop until he spotted a Garble Throated Yellow Bellied Warbler hiding from the rain in a hollowed tree.
"Kori… KORI… I can see a fat yellow bird!"
With out waiting for a response Buzz moved on, darting around like an over ambitious hummingbird. Between spying creatures of the forest the overjoyed halfling made his rounds introducing himself to the new travelers, making small talk and sharing the odd story. Keeping pace between Grimash and Anahi, Buzz was reveling in the tale of confronting a young troll and found himself face to face with a stack of goblins in a long cloak.
"They were led by the notorious Grizl Gutz, a goblin shaman. This was where I discovered that I could Light my whole body on fire… nobody will touch you when you’re ablaze." With a pause Buzz spied through the glass for a moment, dropped the glass briefly squinting towards a shape in the under growth, wiping the rain drops from the lens and returning it to his eye. "There it is, Dreamers beast!" Without a hesitation the spy glass was pocketed and Magic Missile Lvl 1three bolts of energy shot from the sorcerer’s empty hands, hissing through the air and
Dice Magic missle damage:
3d4+3 (1, 3, 2)+3 Total = 9
impacting a lone boar seeking cover from the down pour. The flash was followed by a brief squeal as the creature fell to the ground. Ecstatic about his find young Buzz bolted into the brush, gripping the boar by the rear hock, dragging it beside Astrid with a grin of success.

"I have a gift for you Astrid."

"Ah right, Buzz, what sort of animal did you kill? Better be something that kicked your arse and not some rabbit, unless you want a horde of rabbit to fight your battles." Astrid retorted.

Gripping the boar’s leg with both hands Buzz swung the beast into sight, the tusked pig was almost as large as the halfling.
"I hope you wanted it dead…"


Gravesford
left-aligned image

Nearing the settlement of Gravesford sentiment settled in Buzz’s heart, the buildings and streets in the distance reminding him so much of the orphanage district in Khul Hendirh where he grew up. The dreary grey clouds, advancing fog, and dance of the rain within the town were reminiscent of the weather that came off of the Blood river. Look at how far I’ve come since then, so much change. Looking up at the heavens, looking for a connection.

"Thanks for not trying to kill me back there, after that bandit. Listen. I was with the Duke, three days back, scouting for his party." Catching a story from Oot, Buzz flanked the goblin hoping to here the tail of his misfortune. With a warm smile Buzz began to greet the fabled scout only to be met with narrowed eyes and flattened ears like a mis-tempered ally cat. Feeling slightly scolded Buzz lags a few steps back, but still continued to follow Oots recreation of events. With his mind revolving around the Duke, his guard and family Buzz listens intently while scoping the town with his glass. What he sees through the optics sets him back, confuses him… focusing a second time to recollect exactly what he saw.

"If there are no pressing matters, I suggest we dry ourselves, and get some food in our bellies."Rezna could be heard in the back ground of Buzz’s mind…

"Yeah…" Trying to understand what happened. "Food sounds like a swell idea…"

Stat Block
right-aligned image
Buzz Wagonelle
Halfling Sorcerer

Hit Points: 11/32 | AC: 11 | Init: +1 | Speed: 25'
Str:15 (+2) | Dex: 10 (+0) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 10 (+0) | Cha: 17 (+3)

Weapons:

Proficiencies & Traits: noneArmor | Martial weapons, Crossbow, Light, Dagger, Dart, Quarterstaff, SlingWeapons | Woodcarver's toolsTools | Common, Halfling, Primordial, Speak and understand only: Aquan, Auran, Ignan, TerranLanguages | When a 1 is rolled on an attack roll, ability check, or saving throw you can re-roll, you must use the new roll.Lucky | You have advantage on saving throws against being frightened.Brave | You are proficient with martial weapons, and can speak, read, and write Primordial. Knowing this language allows you to understand and be understood by those who speak dialects: Aquan, Auran, Ignan, and Terran.Ancient Knowledge | You can physically embody your connection to titans for a short time as your form takes on aspects of your original titan. As an action, you assume the form for up to one minute. It ends early if you are knocked unconscious or if you choose to end it early as a bonus action. while in this form you gain:
-Your size increases to large.
-Your AC increases by 2
-When you make a melee weapon attack, you can use charisma, instead of strength or dexterity, for attack and damage rolls.
-Your weapons and equipment grow to match your new size. While these weapons are enlarged, your attacks with them deal 1d4 extra damage.
-Your spells and melee weapon attacks deal double damage to objects and structures.
While in Titan Manifestation form you know and can cast the Blaze, Cataclysm, Daybreak, Glacier, and Quake spells
Titan Manifestation can be used twice per long rest.
Titan Manifestation | When an ally makes a ranged attack and you are within 5 feet of the target or the attacker, you can use your reaction to cast a cantrip to charge the projectile. The cantrip must be one that requires an attack roll and targets only one creature, and it is cast as if you were a 1st level spellcaster. If the attack hits, the target is also hit by the cantrip.Charged Projectile

Spells: Shocking Grasp |

Equipment: Scrimshaw Octopus carving
https://www.dndbeyond.com/characters/84993319

Action:none
Bonus Action: None
Movement: None
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Starwatcher's Lens 300.png
Views:	48
Size:	19.2 KB
ID:	99559  

Last edited by BionicEwok; May 7th, 2023 at 11:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old May 8th, 2023, 02:18 AM
lydklein's Avatar
lydklein lydklein is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 6th, 2024
RPXP: 9729
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
Posts: 8,180
Anahi Faustos
left-aligned image
The rain had been falling a steady pace the past two hours. Each and everyone of them found themselves at some level of 'drenched' by the time they made it into Gravesford and made the acquaintance of that little rascal, 'Clark'. What a name. Whoever named him must have come from the same school of thought that given inspiration to the giving of 'Carl' his name. A chill, like and icy finger trailing up her spine, had Anahi pulling her cloak tighter around her. She tried to push the memory of the knave- whose name now resided in her memory like her own-by focusing on the now. Like her damp cloak and hood. She made a mental note to reseal the material against the weather.

Anahi followed the soaked Rezna into the inn, taking a moment to advise Ootinee to remain close to Rezna and herself. "Our goals may lie along the same path for now. If you could sit with us, Ootinee, I think we may have much to discuss, please. Kori and her friends, too, if you'd prefer." Peaking up at the sky to gauge the time, she cursed the cloud coverage before continuing. "It's up to you. I'll be getting a room for the night so...well, I'm starving." Too tired to keep playing the politically polite envoy, she nodded awkwardly before tip-tapping the cane up to the entrance of the Reluctant Pig.

She did her best to ignore the smell of wet cow the minotaur left behind in her wake. No use offending the only friend willing to follow along on this insane journey. The last hours had presented far more impactful revelations than she could have ever expected. Hopefully, Ootinee would accept the invitation. The usually jovial woman followed Rez and Grimshaw quietly. Taking a seat where she could see the majority of the people in the space, she flagged down the barmaid, and ordered some food and drink for the table. Once the order had been taken and the pretty girl, Clark had the right of it there, she dropped the pretense of ambassadorial niceties beaten into her back home.

"What's the last thing you two remember clearly? Because I remember. Four days. Four Frackin long days. That's how long we were in that carriage with that crazy woman. And that's not counting the time I spent "parlaying" in that damned Castle."

Cold weary hands tried to rub the frustration and exhaustion from her face. "Can't even remember all that clearly. Was like a trying to walk through quicksand. And the Duke? Niizah went to go meet with a Duke Bedegar while we were on that train. If this is the same duke that Ootinee was talking about then she might have been there for that attack. What is going on here? If I didn't know better I'd say the The Wyrd Spinner deity of FateSpinner was weaving something big and our people are stuck right in the middle of it."

Wolriff Anahi paused as the drinks were served. Downing half the contents of her drink in one go she shook her head. 'What the f*** is going on?'
Stat block and Actions
 
 
__________________
DM:The Night Blade; "Well-behaved women seldom make history." -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich ;
Taken the Oath of Sangus
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old May 8th, 2023, 05:27 AM
MontageManiac's Avatar
MontageManiac MontageManiac is offline
Simple Storysmith
Event Judge
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 15th, 2024
RPXP: 14182
MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac
Posts: 8,831
Currently
Date 24th of Eleasis, Highsun, 1542
Time Late Afternoon
Location Gravesford
Region Rach’Dinae, Farsaidh
Weather Rain and Clouds, 15 C

”The Lost Company: Speak the Devil

Clark, all of 12 years old from this small town, nearly choked on his tongue when Grim, the honest to god Dragonborn, bestowed him with two gold coins, not to mention the offer of dinner to boot! He was supposed to be back on the farm to help his Da, but 2 whole gold coins was practically a week’s worth of work! Not to mention the prospect of Gowan’s cooking! Usually that only happened around festival time!

"I’ll meet ya there, Master Grim! I believe Milly has some good tobac, if she’ll sell me some. See you there!" The young boy ran off like a shot down a back alley to cut through to the market square where he’d pointed out the General Store earlier.

Buzz was watching the junior boy run off through his newly acquired spyglass, listening to Ootinee recount his tale when the strangest magenta light bled through the glass lens, filling his view as though water had filled the metal cylinder, changing the view he saw before him to be… most strange. The perspective was off, and did not move with his own movement. It’s as though he was looking at a painting stuck to the other end of the spyglass, except when buzz removed his eye to look, there was nothing there, or around. Suspicious, and with hesitation, he looked through the spyglass once more…



The Vision
right-aligned image
The Streets of Bedegar's Keep

The colors of the Duke lay still across a wooden table, so very familiar to Buzz for he’d seen them every day during training with the other recruits after Steyside and the troll.

Except they always fluttered, hanging off ramparts of the fortress they trained in, bold, proud, and colorful. Here they lay sullen, still, morose. Rain pelted down on the heavy woven canvas, and the vision pulled back not from a wooden table… but a coffin.

Pulled within a wagon. Next to this coffin was one of similar size, but smaller penant lay across its top, colors Buzz learned through many questions represented the Lady Bedegar’s family home prior to marrying the Duke. Jostled by horses drawing the carriage, two more coffins, smaller, bearing the Duke’s pennant atop the oak casket-top, bumped into the Duke and Duchess’ coffins.

Moving wider still, the image displayed was still of pouring rain falling atop the coffins, passing under a raised portcullis gate, as the familiar surroundings of Bedegar’s Keep, the capital of Rach’dinai materialized partially around the wagon. Details beyond the Duke’s coffin were hazy at best, as though out of focus, and slightly magenta tinted.

Shapes like people passed by the wagon, wails could be heard all around, not of the undead, but of the grieving. Flowers, countless flowers, were thrown atop the casket as it passed, the people of the city come out entirely to say a final farewell to their beloved liege.





The image faded from Buzz’s view and the surroundings of Gravesford, with rain just as hard, could be seen and felt. The vision ended. If Buzz attempts to look through the spyglass again, he cannot see the vision, or anything like it anymore. Other than the strange perspective, it did not look like any dream he’d had before, or any vision. It looked as real as the young man Clark had when he was watching him run away through the spyglass.

right-aligned image
The Reluctant Pig


Arriving at the Reluctant Pig, they enter the establishment and are greeted warmly by a woman behind the bartop,
left-aligned image
Giselle
"Evening folks, oh wow. Looks like some adventurers if I ever saw them. My name is Giselle, proprietor of this establishment. Please try to keep the rowdiness to a minimum if you don’t mind, our regulars are trying to keep their rain-soaked bones warm and troubled minds at ease. We’ve had some livestock go missing recently, and it’s got everyone a little on edge about another goblin incursion or bandit raid. Don’t take any offense please, I was a soldier and remember the importance of shore leave. Go find a table for your group and I’ll have my daughter Becca fetch your orders." As you all walk through, Giselle looks at Kori, Buzz, and Astrid with a brief look of recognition and then shakes her head as if shaking a memory away.
right-aligned image
Becca

Once seated, the group begins to discuss matters, Becca comes to take and then bring their orders, all with a smile and great pleasantry. Clark makes his way to the table, panting as though he’d just run a marathon, and provided a sizeable pouch of tobac to Grim, "Master Grim, as promised. Thank you so much!" Sitting down next to the sizeable dragonborn to eat his meal, Becca winked at a blushing Clark and then brought him a plate of food similar to the adventurers. The entire group was getting a bit of stink-eye from a lot of the gathered peasants within the reluctant pig, but Giselle and her daughter treated them with nothing but respect, the same as Clark.

Their food was thoroughly enjoyed, and discussions continued with Clark pretending he wasn’t listening or interested. He was definitely going to be the most popular child in town come faire time.

left-aligned image






”OOC” Some discussions to be had…



 




Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Becca.png
Views:	47
Size:	194.6 KB
ID:	99574   Click image for larger version

Name:	Giselle.png
Views:	47
Size:	176.7 KB
ID:	99575   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gravesford Vision.png
Views:	47
Size:	181.0 KB
ID:	99576   Click image for larger version

Name:	Reluctant Pig 1.png
Views:	48
Size:	179.5 KB
ID:	99577   Click image for larger version

Name:	Reluctant Pig 2.png
Views:	46
Size:	181.0 KB
ID:	99578  

__________________
PCs: Dramoth "Nova" / Rhokax Soulreader / Kayne Cyire / Torm / Donovan Whistler
GM: Scales of War 5e & Yeohven: Fall from Grace
Real Life hitting harder and harder. Working on updates as soon as I can, please have pity (patience) on me!
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old May 8th, 2023, 11:58 AM
BionicEwok's Avatar
BionicEwok BionicEwok is offline
Just a meat popsicle
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 13th, 2023
RPXP: 1679
BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok
Posts: 327
News of SorrowShocked with the vision Buzz froze in the road, his fellow travel mates passing in what felt like slow motion. The vision was so explicitly real, heart wrenching truth consumed the poor lad. Tears streamed down his cheeks, masked by the pouring rain. Buzz pulled the hood of his cloak forward to further hide his face, trailing the group as they entered the warm and dry Reluctant Pig.


The Reluctant Pig.

left-aligned image
The tavern was welcoming with aromas of fresh baked food and steady chatter filling the air. The bar maid, Giselle was welcoming and accepting of the unorthodox group of adventurers, but Buzz save his usual exuberant greetings. Only giving a quick nod of acknowledgement, Buzz walked past dwelling on the last four years, the time spent with the Bedegar family, and the injustice of innocent children dying for a war that is not theirs to bear. Seated between Kori and Astrid, the halfling found comfort in his friends at his side. Staring into his drink Buzz listened to the stories and when engaged would give brief one word responses.
The blind woman, Anahi I Believe was her name, began to speak about their journey, Buzz looked up and locked into her cloudy white eyes. It was looking into a snow storm.

"And the Duke? Niizah went to go meet with a Duke Bedegar while we were on that train. If this is the same duke that Ootinee was talking about then she might have been there for that attack."

Buzz waited for her to pause, looked about the party, landing his sorrow filled eyes on Ootinee. Tears running past his cheeks he shook his head in disbelief, in a hushed voice Buzz retold of the vision.

"The Bedegar Family is dead. The Duke… the Lady… even the innocent children. They’re all dead." Rolling the new spy scope into the center of the table, it came to a stop against an empty stein with a loud clink. "I seen it all in this… but I cannot see it anymore."

Stat Block
right-aligned image
Buzz Wagonelle
Halfling Sorcerer

Hit Points: 11/32 | AC: 11 | Init: +1 | Speed: 25'
Str:15 (+2) | Dex: 10 (+0) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 10 (+0) | Cha: 17 (+3)

Weapons:

Proficiencies & Traits: noneArmor | Martial weapons, Crossbow, Light, Dagger, Dart, Quarterstaff, SlingWeapons | Woodcarver's toolsTools | Common, Halfling, Primordial, Speak and understand only: Aquan, Auran, Ignan, TerranLanguages | When a 1 is rolled on an attack roll, ability check, or saving throw you can re-roll, you must use the new roll.Lucky | You have advantage on saving throws against being frightened.Brave | You are proficient with martial weapons, and can speak, read, and write Primordial. Knowing this language allows you to understand and be understood by those who speak dialects: Aquan, Auran, Ignan, and Terran.Ancient Knowledge | You can physically embody your connection to titans for a short time as your form takes on aspects of your original titan. As an action, you assume the form for up to one minute. It ends early if you are knocked unconscious or if you choose to end it early as a bonus action. while in this form you gain:
-Your size increases to large.
-Your AC increases by 2
-When you make a melee weapon attack, you can use charisma, instead of strength or dexterity, for attack and damage rolls.
-Your weapons and equipment grow to match your new size. While these weapons are enlarged, your attacks with them deal 1d4 extra damage.
-Your spells and melee weapon attacks deal double damage to objects and structures.
While in Titan Manifestation form you know and can cast the Blaze, Cataclysm, Daybreak, Glacier, and Quake spells
Titan Manifestation can be used twice per long rest.
Titan Manifestation | When an ally makes a ranged attack and you are within 5 feet of the target or the attacker, you can use your reaction to cast a cantrip to charge the projectile. The cantrip must be one that requires an attack roll and targets only one creature, and it is cast as if you were a 1st level spellcaster. If the attack hits, the target is also hit by the cantrip.Charged Projectile

Spells: Shocking Grasp |

Equipment: Scrimshaw Octopus carving
https://www.dndbeyond.com/characters/84993319

Action:none
Bonus Action: None
Movement: None

Last edited by BionicEwok; May 8th, 2023 at 12:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old May 8th, 2023, 08:07 PM
Onward's Avatar
Onward Onward is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 17th, 2024
RPXP: 6179
Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward
Posts: 4,510
Astrid "Dreamer" Hearth
right-aligned image

Astrid stares at the boar and nods in satisfaction as she breaks down a tush from the carcass,"This will serve me well." she said as she starts grinding the tusk on her creator's clay. A perfecct component to mimic the creature's essence before it's death.
left-aligned image

As Astrid was busy grinding the tusk while food was served, she looked at Buzz strangely,"Your not drunk again, Buzz? If so, then what your saying is going to be a problem for us this moment onwards. What are we going to do here?"


OOC
Statblock
Name: Astrid Hearth
Race: Half-Elf
Senses: Darkvision 60 ft
HP: 19/35 AC: 14 Initiative: +3 Speed: 30ft
Str: 8 Dex: 16 Con: 14 Int: 1# Wis: 10 Cha: 19
Feature: You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can't put you to sleep.Fey Ancestry
Diversion
Ability Check. When the creature rolls the Bardic Inspiration die to add it to an ability check, the creature can roll the Bardic Inspiration die again and choose which roll to use, as the mote pops and emits colorful, harmless sparks for a moment.

Attack Roll. Immediately after the creature rolls the Bardic Inspiration die to add it to an attack roll against a target, the mote thunderously shatters. The target and each creature of your choice that you can see within 5 feet of it must succeed on a Constitution saving throw against your spell save DC or take thunder damage equal to the number rolled on the Bardic Inspiration die.

Saving Throw. Immediately after the creature rolls the Bardic Inspiration die and adds it to a saving throw, the mote vanishes with the sound of soft music, causing the creature to gain temporary hit points equal to the number rolled on the Bardic Inspiration die plus your Charisma modifier (minimum of 1 temporary hit point).
Inspiration 1/4 (1d6)
Performance of Creation 1/1
Sorcery Points 2/2
Inspiration Point 1
Equipment: Creator's Clay 8/8
Note:

Initiative:11
Action:
Bonus Action:


Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old May 8th, 2023, 08:16 PM
lydklein's Avatar
lydklein lydklein is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 6th, 2024
RPXP: 9729
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
Posts: 8,180
Anahi Faustos
left-aligned image
"The Bedegar Family is dead. The Duke… the Lady… even the innocent children. They’re all dead. "Rolling the new spy scope into the center of the table, it came to a stop against an empty stein with a loud clink. "I seen it all in this… but I cannot see it anymore."

The news settled within Anahi like a brick in her stomach. A heavy, cold and unwelcome weight leaving the woman nauseous.

"F**k." The word slipped from between pale lips as a whisper. "You're sure?" She searched Buzz's tear stained face for any signs of uncertainty and found none. There was only grief present in his fine features. The boy was not lying, it seemed. His response was rendered unnecessary as she hung her head. Again Anahi cursed.

"And you're sure you saw all five of the Bedegar Family dead? With this?" A slender finger tapped the device not at all certain it was safe to handle. Not after what the Blade had done to the dead. "How? Was it like one of those A reference to a Scrying spell.Spying Spells your lot tends to use?"

Though Buzz could see neither pupil or irises Anahi somehow still managed to deliver a piercing gaze committing his every words and expression to memory. The unnerving intensity of it unintentionally revealing far more about her nature than intended. As Buzz spoke she scribbled away in a field journal pulled from well loved travelling bag. Scribbling notes down in a shorthand made up of no less than three different languages.

If the vision was right, if it was a vision, then the entire situation they all found themselves in was bad. If the entire Bedegar Family were dead, murdered, then everything she and her people were laboring towards was at risk of failing. That would be disastrous for all.

Before the ensuing conversation could continue much further, Anahi hailed young Becca the barmaid. The table quieted at the girl's approach.

"Tell me Miss Becca, is there any place in the inn where me might be able to dine in private? We hate to make anyone more uncomfortable than we have," Gesturing in the general vicinity of some displeased patrons, she continued. "Or put you in an uncomfortable position. And perhaps rooms for our group if you'd be so kind." Anahi produced a small stack of coins from seemingly nowhere. "Will this be enough for everything, dear?"

On the table sat enough gold coins to pay for all there needs plus a few extra as a thank you to the owners.

As Becca set off to speak with her mother, money well tucked into her pocket, Anahi turned her stare towards the boy, Clark. She slid him another two gold pieces, but kept a hand on them and spoke so only those at their table might over hear,

"Clark. Thank you for your hospitality. We have imposed upon you far too much already. You seem a a bright, trustworthy young man. I hate to impose on you further, but there is a very important job that needs doing. I'm certain you are more than capable of carrying this out for me, but it will require your utmost discretion. Take this note," Practiced movements tore a page from her journal, a message already written on its surface. Folding it carefully she laid it into Clark's palm and wrapped his hand around it and the money.

"Give it directly to Kate from the smithy. Then, go straight home. If your da' asks where you've been, just speak the truth. You helped some newcomers get their bearings and give him these, Okay?" She gave is fisted hand a squeeze, indicating the gold. "We gave them as payment for your help. You keep the rest for yourself and don't ever talk to anyone about what you heard here, you understand? Not your father, your best friend. Or a pretty older barmaid over there. No one. Ever. Do you understand?" The words an urgent whisper meant to convey the weight an importance of the task presented to him; hoping she wasn't making a mistake leaving him alive.

Upon Clark's agreement his hand was released and sent on his way with a "blind woman's" polite "Thanks, Kurt, you were right. The food here truly is delicious." A mouth full of cooling food, the Procurer waved in the boy's general vicinity as he scooted out the door. Anahi hoped he would stay quiet long enough for them to be well on their way from Gravesford.
The Note to Kate
 
Stat block and Actions
 
 
__________________
DM:The Night Blade; "Well-behaved women seldom make history." -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich ;
Taken the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by lydklein; May 10th, 2023 at 05:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old May 8th, 2023, 10:46 PM
BionicEwok's Avatar
BionicEwok BionicEwok is offline
Just a meat popsicle
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 13th, 2023
RPXP: 1679
BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok
Posts: 327
Buzz WagonelleAfter a private space was procured and the door was herd latching as it closed, Buzz let out a distressed sigh, "What did the gods let happened?"

Leaning his back against the wall, tipping his head back staring at the ceiling, Buzz found himself focusing and replaying the vision in his mind over and over. Recalling the colors laid atop the caskets, the wagon making the journey, the flowers thrown, and the silhouettes in mourning. Dwelling on the questions Anahi was throwing at him,
" And you're sure you saw all five of the Bedegar Family dead? With this?"

It’s like a damn interrogation, but I’m sure she means well. It was amazing how much concern could be read in her monochromatic eyes.

Seeing the scene unfold once again Buzz counted the coffins as they came into focus, one… two… three…
"FOUR!"As a glimmer came to his eye, and a brightness returned to his saddened face he reached up grabbing Anahi by the elbows. "There was only four, one of the children must’ve survived."
Sitting on a near by stool Buzz slumped in relief, "There was four…" Still mourning the loss of his friends, he found solace knowing there was still a Bedegar heir.


Stat Block
right-aligned image
Buzz Wagonelle
Halfling Sorcerer

Hit Points: 11/32 | AC: 11 | Init: +1 | Speed: 25'
Str:15 (+2) | Dex: 10 (+0) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 10 (+0) | Cha: 17 (+3)

Weapons:

Proficiencies & Traits: noneArmor | Martial weapons, Crossbow, Light, Dagger, Dart, Quarterstaff, SlingWeapons | Woodcarver's toolsTools | Common, Halfling, Primordial, Speak and understand only: Aquan, Auran, Ignan, TerranLanguages | When a 1 is rolled on an attack roll, ability check, or saving throw you can re-roll, you must use the new roll.Lucky | You have advantage on saving throws against being frightened.Brave | You are proficient with martial weapons, and can speak, read, and write Primordial. Knowing this language allows you to understand and be understood by those who speak dialects: Aquan, Auran, Ignan, and Terran.Ancient Knowledge | You can physically embody your connection to titans for a short time as your form takes on aspects of your original titan. As an action, you assume the form for up to one minute. It ends early if you are knocked unconscious or if you choose to end it early as a bonus action. while in this form you gain:
-Your size increases to large.
-Your AC increases by 2
-When you make a melee weapon attack, you can use charisma, instead of strength or dexterity, for attack and damage rolls.
-Your weapons and equipment grow to match your new size. While these weapons are enlarged, your attacks with them deal 1d4 extra damage.
-Your spells and melee weapon attacks deal double damage to objects and structures.
While in Titan Manifestation form you know and can cast the Blaze, Cataclysm, Daybreak, Glacier, and Quake spells
Titan Manifestation can be used twice per long rest.
Titan Manifestation | When an ally makes a ranged attack and you are within 5 feet of the target or the attacker, you can use your reaction to cast a cantrip to charge the projectile. The cantrip must be one that requires an attack roll and targets only one creature, and it is cast as if you were a 1st level spellcaster. If the attack hits, the target is also hit by the cantrip.Charged Projectile

Spells: Shocking Grasp |

Equipment: Scrimshaw Octopus carving
https://www.dndbeyond.com/characters/84993319

Action:none
Bonus Action: None
Movement: None

Last edited by BionicEwok; May 8th, 2023 at 10:49 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old May 8th, 2023, 11:35 PM
Jrod's Avatar
Jrod Jrod is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 18th, 2024
RPXP: 2523
Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod
Posts: 2,856
Grim



Thoughts of good meals consisting of pork, lamb or beef were never far from Grims mind. The rich aromas that filled the keep tore into his taste buds in a serious way, emphasizing his stomachs need for attention. Establishments like the reluctant pig were a puzzle piece to the artificers heart. They were special. Their proprietors were special. Their patrons were special, and most of all their atmosphere was special. The stained and soaked floors had more life in them than almost any other type of building. Grim himself having slept on said soaked floors on to many occasion held these type of keeps in high regard.


With a wave of his large organic arm, grim calls Becca to his side. When she arrives he leans over to her, subtly presenting the lass with four coin “that one’s for you dear, and that one for your Ma. The rest are to supply the house with libations from your truly.” he made certain to be careful with the flashiness of his generosity. It was a fine line between genuine forth coming and outright showing off. The latter could get the common bent out of shape for unruly reason. Grim preferred to tip toe his way around, keeping the masses at peace and if he could help it, in his favor. Especially when your company consisted of Minotaurs and Goblins, sometimes buying luck wasn’t un reasonable at all. On the other hand a good brawl was never a bad time, especially with a Barbarian in tow. But there was to much to risk in Gravesford to risk upsetting the locals.

Quote:
“I seen it all in this… but I cannot see it anymore”
Admittedly he hadn’t been been paying full attention. About 65% or so. But That sentence grabbed the ears of the Dragonborn like a stage coach.

“Buzz. After breakfast would you warrant me taking a look at your spyglass there. If what you say is true, perhaps properties lay hidden amongst its glass. I could try to understand that more, with your blessing of course”

“Find me tomorrow Clark. I have coin for your services, if your Father will allow your departure from chores I will make it worth his while”




Stat BlockGrimash
right-aligned image

Dragonborn Artificer Armorer

Hit Points: 43 | AC: 22 | Init: +3 | Speed: 40' | Proficiency Bonus: +3
Str:10 (+0) | Dex : 13 (+1) | Con: 17 (+3) | Int: 20(+5) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 9 (-1)

Weapons: Disadvantage if enemy attacks anyone but meThunder Gauntlets

Proficiencies: Simple weapons, Jewelers, Thieves, Tinkerers, Smiths, AllArmor | SimpleWeapons |

Feats: Mobile, Fey touched

Traits: 30’ line Fire Dex save DC14Breath Weapon | resistance fireDraconic Resistance | Common, DraconicLanguages |

Infusions: Enhanced Defense, Mind Sharpener, Replicate magic item

Equipment: Goggles of night, hand axes, shield, plate armor

Spell Slots available: 1st level 4/4 , 2nd level 2/2





OOC

Actions
Attack:
Movement:
Bonus:
Reaction:

Dice rolls:



Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old May 9th, 2023, 01:24 PM
Berith Berith is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 19th, 2024
RPXP: 19119
Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith
Posts: 6,410
Ootinee
right-aligned image
Cool heads and civil manners carried the mixed group into Gravesford and its inn. There, good food and drink worked worked the magic that only a much-needed meal could provide. One of the few things needed to complete the evening, Ootinee thought fondly, was a long bath. As hot as he could stand it, he'd be glad to stew there for an hour or so, then only to slide between clean sheets to sleep soundly for a week or three.

The bath, he realized, might yet be possible...but it didn't seem like the scout would be getting to bed until considerably later. There was much to discuss, including a shocking revelation from Buzz. Ootinee wasn't sure if the Halfling could be believed, but the man had found a spyglass, and when he looked through it, he'd had a vision. A dark vision, one that featured a funeral procession and a place the Goblin knew well - Bedegar's Keep.

That stunned the just-formed group, and a shocked silence descended. Clever Anahi was the first to rally. She summoned the innkeeper and requested a private room. Smart girl, Ootinee thought admiringly. He stood out like a sore thumb, and if the expected rumors trickled in, his life could grouw difficult.

"I don't know much about magic." Ootinee's voice was rough, grating. He was also increasingly uncertain about his safety, but tried to keep that tension out of his harsh voice. "But I don't like coincidences." He paused a bit, considering. Questions tumbled through his mind. "Do any of you know this Dustrange, or his history?" Then, one with disturbing implications. "Wait...if there's one of the Duke's bairns living...where is it?"

OOC
 


 
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:46 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2024, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB