Game Thread Chapter 3: Castle Rend - Fire Upon the Keep - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > Yeohven: Fall from Grace
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old May 16th, 2023, 10:57 PM
Onward's Avatar
Onward Onward is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 17th, 2024
RPXP: 6179
Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward
Posts: 4,510
Astrid "Dreamer" Hearth
right-aligned image

Astrid eyes shine as Kori asks,"Klaus is like my hero. My parents took me on a long excursion to Cy’denea’s capital city of Khul Hendirh where they sell their wares and with the hope of making more profits than usual, they were quite successful in their endeavors. I was hanging out with other kids and they let me join in their playhouse when their favorite actor was in town with a traveling troupe from Sith’elan’s famous Bard College. It was there I saw my first theater performance, my first real view of a work of art that was not a piece of furniture or a woven tapestry that either of my parents were famous for making. It was enrapturing… he was enrapturing. I could only wish what he did was a true performance. I don't think he would actually kill anyone, clearly his just trying to scare us off to not fight, and such an amazing act. I genuinely felt fear." the half-elf said, continuously gushing about how great Klaus was to Kori. Eventually she calmed down.


OOC
Statblock
Name: Astrid Hearth
Race: Half-Elf
Senses: Darkvision 60 ft
HP: 19/35 AC: 14 Initiative: +3 Speed: 30ft
Str: 8 Dex: 16 Con: 14 Int: 1# Wis: 10 Cha: 19
Feature: You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can't put you to sleep.Fey Ancestry
Diversion
Ability Check. When the creature rolls the Bardic Inspiration die to add it to an ability check, the creature can roll the Bardic Inspiration die again and choose which roll to use, as the mote pops and emits colorful, harmless sparks for a moment.

Attack Roll. Immediately after the creature rolls the Bardic Inspiration die to add it to an attack roll against a target, the mote thunderously shatters. The target and each creature of your choice that you can see within 5 feet of it must succeed on a Constitution saving throw against your spell save DC or take thunder damage equal to the number rolled on the Bardic Inspiration die.

Saving Throw. Immediately after the creature rolls the Bardic Inspiration die and adds it to a saving throw, the mote vanishes with the sound of soft music, causing the creature to gain temporary hit points equal to the number rolled on the Bardic Inspiration die plus your Charisma modifier (minimum of 1 temporary hit point).
Inspiration 1/4 (1d6)
Performance of Creation 1/1
Sorcery Points 2/2
Inspiration Point 1
Equipment: Creator's Clay 8/8
Note:

Initiative:11
Action:
Bonus Action:



Last edited by Onward; May 17th, 2023 at 02:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old May 18th, 2023, 12:26 AM
BionicEwok's Avatar
BionicEwok BionicEwok is offline
Just a meat popsicle
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 13th, 2023
RPXP: 1679
BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok
Posts: 327
Buzz the Sorcerer"The peasants hate me,
The women won’t love me.."


The chorus, which was still a work in progress, came to an abrupt stop as Buzz’s feet rooted themselves to the floor. He wasn’t sure if the robed stranger made a hand motion, or if he just hid in the dark shadow of Lufir motionless in silence. The truth was soon enough revealed, not only was the halfling held from motion, but the entire tavern. Listening, and pondering, Buzz couldn’t help but reflect on the thick accented claims of the unnamed mage.

huh, reminds me of the well to do nobles that mother would entertain. Speaking great lengths of themselves, they could hardly walk past a mirror without admiring their impeccable selves. Constantly mentioning courting this or that lady of the court, how the dames would smother them with undue affection. Yet… they were in a strange house, full of women… paying for their company… so very sad. Almost like the were in a story book, or a play, just acting out what was expected of them.
This cloaked man was very charismatic though, unlike Lufir, and this spell of freezing was quite intriguing. Buzz was captured by the power of it, the story and the spell, enraptured by the shear thought of holding an entire room still. Words of wisdom, and the image of Elara, flooded his head.

Your enemies will reveal new powers to learn, and like wise also possibly reveal a weakness, stay astute. The young halfling daydreamed about the stories his arcane teacher retold in their training sessions, mostly admiring her soft beauty, Buzz missed half the details.

Wiping a bit of drool from his mouth, Buzz pulled himself back to the present, just in time to watch a frozen Lufir lead like a dog out the door. Once the mysterious effect had waned there was confusion and discontent floating amongst the room. Locals were upset, angry, bolting for safety of home. The small sorcerer trying to comfort them one by one as they left, grasping their hands, "I am so sorry for what has fell upon you. Sleep easy." and he would release them.

In the distance Astrid could be heard "Klaus Von Wyrmwold…" Shaking his head clear, I know nothing of that name Buzz focused on the company.

" Buzz!" Kori called," "You're talents are sure to be needed.""

The under appreciated sorcerer followed his friend, along Astrid, up the stairs. Thinking of the events Buzz was willing to listen, but once Grim mentioned " He is of the Drachengard…" he gave a nod to Kori, acknowledging her preconceived intention, and intervened.

" There was a dragon slayer in our presence, and personally I feel there is too much draconian blood to be spilled within our troop." Directing his gaze at Grim. " There have been mistakes made, but lessons can be learned from our mishaps. I feel our trust is building slowly, but, will blossom with time. I call upon you to divulge any known advantage against the current threat." Looking up at the old… and the new company Buzz continued "Lord Bedegar is now dead, and there is a new order that we don’t comprehend quite yet, now is the time to merge,
Dice PC Persuasion roll:
1d20+4 (5)+4 Total = 9
heroism must prevail."



Stat Block
right-aligned image
Buzz Wagonelle
Halfling Sorcerer

Hit Points: 32/42 | AC: 11 | Init: +1 | Speed: 25'
Str:15 (+2) | Dex: 10 (+0) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 10 (+0) | Cha: 17 (+3)

Weapons:

Proficiencies & Traits: noneArmor | Martial weapons, Crossbow, Light, Dagger, Dart, Quarterstaff, SlingWeapons | Woodcarver's toolsTools | Common, Halfling, Primordial, Speak and understand only: Aquan, Auran, Ignan, TerranLanguages | When a 1 is rolled on an attack roll, ability check, or saving throw you can re-roll, you must use the new roll.Lucky | You have advantage on saving throws against being frightened.Brave | You are proficient with martial weapons, and can speak, read, and write Primordial. Knowing this language allows you to understand and be understood by those who speak dialects: Aquan, Auran, Ignan, and Terran.Ancient Knowledge | You can physically embody your connection to titans for a short time as your form takes on aspects of your original titan. As an action, you assume the form for up to one minute. It ends early if you are knocked unconscious or if you choose to end it early as a bonus action. while in this form you gain:
-Your size increases to large.
-Your AC increases by 2
-When you make a melee weapon attack, you can use charisma, instead of strength or dexterity, for attack and damage rolls.
-Your weapons and equipment grow to match your new size. While these weapons are enlarged, your attacks with them deal 1d4 extra damage.
-Your spells and melee weapon attacks deal double damage to objects and structures.
While in Titan Manifestation form you know and can cast the Blaze, Cataclysm, Daybreak, Glacier, and Quake spells
Titan Manifestation can be used twice per long rest.
Titan Manifestation | When an ally makes a ranged attack and you are within 5 feet of the target or the attacker, you can use your reaction to cast a cantrip to charge the projectile. The cantrip must be one that requires an attack roll and targets only one creature, and it is cast as if you were a 1st level spellcaster. If the attack hits, the target is also hit by the cantrip.Charged Projectile

Spells: Shocking Grasp |

Equipment: Scrimshaw Octopus carving
https://www.dndbeyond.com/characters/84993319

Action:none
Bonus Action: None
Movement: None

Last edited by BionicEwok; May 18th, 2023 at 12:46 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old May 18th, 2023, 12:34 AM
stubbornmist's Avatar
stubbornmist stubbornmist is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 13th, 2023
RPXP: 1853
stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist
Posts: 195
Kori
"Thank you, Astrid. I think you might be right, let's go and get some more information, shall we? But keep your knowledge to yourself, for the moment, will you? I want to see what the others say when confronted with his obvious draw to them."

Kori led the way upstairs, letting Buzz pass her at the landing.

"You know what to do," she encouraged the halfling.

Having let Buzz take the lead, Kori stepped in after his speech.
"I think maybe," she responded to Anahi's question of who might go first, "You might tell us how you so intimately know the man who just saved our lives?" because despite Asrid's surety, and the obvious truth that he'd stopped a battle that they would not have won, not even with the aid of their new compatriots, Kori wasn't certain the mage was a friend.


Stat Block
right-aligned image
Meikoris (AKA Kori)
Half-Elf Butcher

Hit Points: 26/38 | AC: 16 | Init: +3 | Speed: 40' | Proficiency Bonus: +3
Str:15 (+2) | Dex : 16 (+3) | Con: 15 (+2) | Int: 11(+0) | Wis: 17 (+3) | Cha: 13 (+1)

Weapons: Crow's Talons

Proficiencies & Traits: Short sword, simple weapons, herbalism kit, leatherworker's tools noneArmor | Crows TalonsWeapons | Dex modifier to hit D6 for damage martial arts | leather worker's toolsTools | Common, elvish, primordialLanguages |

Equipment: dagger, darts

__________________
ooooh...Shiny!

Last edited by stubbornmist; May 18th, 2023 at 12:42 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old May 19th, 2023, 10:24 PM
IrishKatt's Avatar
IrishKatt IrishKatt is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 16th, 2024
RPXP: 1695
IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt
Posts: 2,908
There in the air above the tavern she took a few more deep breaths reflecting on the sensations, and feelings that were whirling inside her. In the few moments she spent descending back to the ground she steeled her resolve from before; the exhilaration still rampaging inside her, as she looked around the town, rain soaked, and becoming more and more devoid of traffic as time went on. Exhaling heavily she turns, and walks back through the door of the Reluctant pig, stepping over the shattered remains of the door now covered in mud, and rain water, and looks around reliving the scene for a few moments before grabbing a nearby tankard; still full, and starts towards where the others are having their conversation.

Stepping into the room as she finishes off the tankard and wipes her chin of any dripping ale, she looks to Kori with a stone-cold expression; having just caught her comment about the "man who just saved our lives", and snorted audibly. "Like steering a burning ship into a hurricane to douse the flames" As she finished her statement she pulled out a chair and sat down at the table, her bulk causing an audible creak in the wood now supporting her. As she sat she moved the after taste of the ale around in her mouth and thought about what they had at hand here, and what exactly this all meant for them. Unfortunately for her, this wasnt the time for her usual penchant for few words, but it also required tact, a measure of which she wasnt sure many were in the mindset for though recent events may have changed that mindset.

Still looking at Kori she speaks again. "We respect the storm, but praise is gained only after we conquer it, not when the clouds roll in." Her eyes shift to those around the table each individually, and she realizes that she is speaking more like her kin, than the type of speech she had picked up travelling with Anahi, upon who her eyes were currently on.

"Whoever he is, he is no ally" her gaze washed over her friend, wondering what hellish feelings she was assaulted by currently. "He may have halted any retaliation from Dustrage, but that was only so he could figuratively make us lick his boots" She accentuates the final word with added enthusiasm. "He knew who we were, and where we were, which means he was here by design, not accident. All of us here are now connected by THIS man."

Looking to each of the group once more she places her large hand flat on the table, and leans in on it a little. "Before we continue together I think it best we address any concerns we may have regarding each other. I cannot answer for Anahi, but will answer all concerns and questions regarding myself. No doubt this man has stirred your thoughts."
__________________

Natural 20's:15
Natural 1's: 3
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old May 21st, 2023, 06:15 AM
MontageManiac's Avatar
MontageManiac MontageManiac is offline
Simple Storysmith
Event Judge
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 15th, 2024
RPXP: 14182
MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac
Posts: 8,831
Currently
Date 24th of Eleasis, Highsun, 1542
Time Early Evening
Location Gravesford
Region Rach’Dinae, Farsaidh
Weather Rain and Clouds, 15 C

”The Lost Company: Speak the Devil

Giselle was terrified, not needing much coaxing from Anahi, she rushed towards the kitchen, "Gowan? Becca!?!" "Black Gods Ellie, what the hells happened! Me own butcher knife just flew out of m’hand!"

Buzz is doing his best to be the gentleman, apologizing and showing people outside the door… however most of the patrons, who had a sour opinion of adventurers as it was, continued to hold their opinions towards the group, and worked to vacate the premises with all due haste.

Clark nodded to Anahi as she asked for why he’d come back, "Apologies ma’am. I fully meant to go home as you said, I just had a message back from Kate after reading your note. Said to meet her at Pinna’s Shop right away and they’d both have some information for ya. Not sure what yer message said, but it made Kate roll her eyes quite good. I only ever see her get worked up like that if she’s making something special, or actually worried about something." Wincing slightly at a pain in his jaw, the young boy was rubbing at the quickly bruising skin. Clark then sat down at the table and began to eat his meal in the upper echelons of the reluctant pig, but such exciting experiences were forgotten.

Giselle made her way over to the group, having successfully ushered patrons out the door with sympathies and well wishes. When all but the adventurers and Clark were left in the Reluctant pig with Giselle and her family, the shook veteran was biting her lip in thought, and looks at Clark’s face: "Boy, I think you need to go see Father Belderone at the church, see if he can’t help you heal any better. Tell him I’m happy to add a bit more to the coffers next time he comes by for his tea." Clark nodded and finished eating his soup. With a sigh, Giselle looked to the group, "I know you’ve got business over at Pinna’s shop, but maybe one or two of you could see Clark to the Father? Just to make sure he gets checked out. His father would be rightfully mad if we didn’t make sure he was checked out. I suspect Mayor Osric is gonna hear right quick about this an-"
right-aligned image
Mayor Osric

There was a heavy banging at the door, and Giselle sighed and began to make her way over to the main doors, unbarring it and opening the doorway, the rain was coming down thick and hard outside, and a rotund man dressed in a delicatessen’s apron, spectacles, and floppy treated leather cap came inside out of the rain, "Ellie, are you and yours ok? What’s this business about an attack at the Pig I heard from Ol’ Joe and Margaret? Hmmm?"

Glancing around, Mayor Osric noticed the group bathered before him, and pulled his treated leather cap off, water pouring off the accessory onto the ground, "Greetings, welcome to Gravesford! Apologies for your near assault this night, I promise you, such things do not make a regular occurrence in our fine town!"
left-aligned image
Jago the Blacksmith

From behind Osric, pushing the man ahead some, a boulder of a man walked in, grey hair, stubbled beard, and the arms of someone who worked with them for a living. Wearing another apron, but this of the darkened leather. "Oiy, Giselle, Gowan and Becca alright? I had just seen Clark fly into our shop an’-" This new arrival looked up and saw the group and sighed. "Aye… adventurers. Chances are you brought this trouble on us, aye?" The mountain of a man, seemingly almost as large as Rezna, shook his head in dismay, "Well… your coin is usually welcome, just hate any trouble that comes with it." Giselle stepped forward and punched the mountain man in his arm with a solid punch, "Jago you ass, some of these folks saved me during my soldiering days, and the others stopped that ass Dustrage from lopping off poor Clark’s hand. Cut it out!"

Jago the blacksmith chewed on his inner cheek looking at the the group and then at Clark, swollen cheek getting more swollen, but a scoundrel smile greeted Jago all the same, "Hiya Master Jago! Did you know the soup is amazing today!"

Jago just opened his mouth in disbelief at the poor boy’s state. "Stars and Saints, the boy cannot go home tonight to his father like that! Let me go tell Joe to give word to Cyrus, Clark will stay with Kate and I at the Smithy. Alright boy?" Nodding, Clark smiled with a mouth full of stew. Nodding, Jago frowned at the Adventurers and walked past the group to a larger table, "Come on, Osric. Let’s leave them to their business. Clark you come back here when you’re done getting patched up, we’ll make a place for you by the forge tonight, keep us warm and dry from this sudden storm."
right-aligned image
Morgouse

Having been turned away from the entrance, turning around the group can see a plainly dressed woman, long red hair, perhaps around the same age as Giselle, as she inspects the tattered wooden door, "Giselle, this looks like an ass the size of a chimera kicked through this door." Giselle smiled at the woman and placed a hand on her shoulder, "Well, you got the ass part right, Morgouse. Come to the table and I’ll fill you in with the rest." As the small group seemed to gather at a table, Giselle looked at the rest of your group. "I have no idea what happened. I’ve never seen that purple-robed figure with Dustrage before… but it was good you didn’t harm Lufir as much as I would have liked to see him brought low. With the Duke… gods I can’t believe that’s even a reality right now…. But any aggression towards a nobleman, and a Baron to boot, would have been disastrous for our town. While Baron Alistair would likely understand, I doubt Baron Reginald would."

With a sigh and a shrug, Giselle just simply shook her head. "Regardless, I appreciate one or two of you helping Clark out, and I’ll make sure we’ve got beds and sleeping arrangements for your entire group whenever you’re ready for sleep. Myself and the town council will just be discussing what transpired. Thank you for all you’ve done." With a bow, Giselle slowly steps backwards and walks towards the table with the other 3 members sitting already.













”OOC” Alright, we have the Church of Gaed with Clark, and Pinna’s Shop to meet with Kate and Pinna it would seem.

Your move everyone!



 




Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Jago.png
Views:	69
Size:	199.9 KB
ID:	99701   Click image for larger version

Name:	Morgouse.png
Views:	69
Size:	170.1 KB
ID:	99702   Click image for larger version

Name:	Osric the Mayor.png
Views:	70
Size:	179.4 KB
ID:	99703  
__________________
PCs: Dramoth "Nova" / Rhokax Soulreader / Kayne Cyire / Torm / Donovan Whistler
GM: Scales of War 5e & Yeohven: Fall from Grace
Real Life hitting harder and harder. Working on updates as soon as I can, please have pity (patience) on me!
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old May 23rd, 2023, 11:55 PM
lydklein's Avatar
lydklein lydklein is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 6th, 2024
RPXP: 9729
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
Posts: 8,180
Anahi Faustos
left-aligned image

"I think maybe,” she responded to Anahi’s question of who might go first, “You might tell us how you so intimately know the man who just saved our lives?”

The only response the Kori's statement received before Giselle stepped in, was a raised eyebrow. The tone was clearly accusatory. Anahi didn't blame the military woman for not trusting her. Not at all. In fact, she would have been filled with the exact same suspicion if the roles were reversed. However, they weren't, and she the Sith'elan agent was forced into having to make a decision by one very clever Valcorian, whom Astrid seemed to know. And admired by her tone. 'Interesting.' That would have to wait for a minute as the Gravesford counsel began to trickle in one by one. With as much diplomacy she listened as the group addressed each other.

Anaya thanked Clark for the message, praising him for his great work, and encouraged him to join Giselle and the rest of the counsel at their table. She sat, lost in thought, and sipped from an abandoned stein not caring whether it was originally hers or not. Her eyes, momentarily unfocused, snapped to her friend's return. The imposing figured appeared calm once more. But the human knew her friend well enough to pick up the tell-tale signs of what might have been anxiety - or was that excitement? - read as stand-offish to most. Rezna's eyes met hers, so, Anahi used the field signs the two had developed in their years fighting alongside each other.

You. All well? Report. The curt response of, Later. concerned her a bit. It was clear there would be the usual teeth pulling with that one, but for the moment she merely nodded. A gesture that would pass as a friendly acknowledgement of the other's return.

Faustos turned to finally address Kori's accusatory query. Her own expression matching the intensity of the Lieutenant's "'Intimate'? No. I hardly know the man. I'd say he knows me far more intimately than my people know him. In fact, I'd say your friend, Dreamer here, knows him far better than that." Astrid was awarded a sarcastic half grin. "Didn't even know his name until she was kind enough to grant it to us. The girl practically swooned." The last word was dripping in derision. "Klaus. Von. Wyrmwold."Turning to address Astrid, Anahi continued. "Thank you for that. The Sith'elan government appreciates your help. And you, Grim. Drachengart? Not sure what that is, but from your reaction, I can guess it's more good news. I'm sure my boss will actually appreciate knowing that."

A genuine smile for morphed the bitter one of a moment ago. "This is more information than I had a year ago. But I don't think that provides the answers the Lieutenant wanted. Alright, I don't know you from the next random good samaritan, but you did bleed for us, so, you've earned some truths."

Here, Anahi took on a more professional approach. One she only used when giving a vitally important report to a very testy Tividar. "My name really is Anahi Faustos and I really am from Sith'elan. There, and scattered throughout the continent, I am what some know to be a Wolriff. Think of them as a bailiff or legal huntsman. Only instead of hunting out animals and big game we hunt down people and information. I'm pretty good at the former, great at the latter, but even better at sussing out trouble. Just ask Big Sexy.

"Now, the people I work for gave me an assignment about two years ago. There was no name. No physical description. Just some piss poor information. Not usually an issue. However, there isn't much you can do with 'Go to Aerendurnea and look for a Valcorian agent causing a lot of strife for everyone. See what they're doing. Oh yeah, they seem to be orchestrating coups and the overthrowing of governments where ever they go. Oh, and by the way, we have no idea what they look like or if they are man or woman.' Make a note of that bit of information, Dreamer. A fitting nickname, by the way. Now, I didn't know if I was looking for a man or woman, just 'human'. Made it all the way there before I realized I couldn't find a trace of him. Why? Because I wasn't there a day when all hell broke loose. Fighting, full on chaos and destruction everywhere type of fighting. It was a nightmare. I barely got out of there alive. That's where I met Rezna. Saved my life. Saved hers, too! Remind me to tell you about that! "
The rogue couldn't help teasing her friend with the inside joke. Then she slid her attention back to the Lost Company and Astrid.

"You want to admire a mass murderer? A man who has just confirmed for himself that he has killed at least twelve Sith'elan agents? Do you think I didn't hear the love and admiration in your voice? For that monster? Let me tell you who Klaus Von Wyrmwold is today. He is a frighteningly dangerous man who has never once hesitated in orchestrating the downfall of a righteous man like your Duke. And his children. Whoever you think he is is a lie. It's a face he allows people to see so that he can facilitate the advancement of his own people. A nation out to make this world a humans-only world. F*** the rest. Before you protest and start defending him, just think about this for a moment. My people have been gathering information on your dream-guy for a long long time. And Valcoria for longer. Years. He's killed many of my brethren already. Bragged about it, remember? When I lost my chance to find him, I returned home and gave my report. Turns out, your dear Klaus had used the situation in Aerendurnea as f*****g bait. Lured one more agent out into the open with the intentionof adding their ring to this collection. MY ring. Teased me about it, too. You remember that at all? What about his little sales pitch to try to get me over to his side? Hmm? Yeah. Real innocent, that, wasn't it? A real sweet guy."

Anahi took a moment to gather herself some, before continuing. Actively ignoring any response that might provoke her further. "That's it. That's all I know about, him, Lieutenant. He's dangerous. And I want him dead. Really, really dead. We die all the time. But we don't get found out easily. Me? I'm a careless, arrogant b***h who thrives off of trouble and chaos. Would have died a thousand times over since Aerendurnea, honestly. But those souls whose rings he wears so proudly, so perversely?" She raised her left hand, allowing the light of the tavern to glint off of the simple design of her own silver ring resting upon her middle finger. "They don't deserve to be remembered like that."

Faustos gave the group some time to digest the information dump she had just gifted them; answering any questions they might have had before cutting them off. "Anything else, can wait until morning. I have an appointment with a lovely blacksmith to keep. She's waited long enough. You and any of your Company are welcome to follow along. But I suggest Grimash at least go with the boy. We can meet back here later." Standing up, she gave Rezna the signal to depart, but paused with a dramatic sigh. Digging into one of the many pockets of her jacket, she pulled out a small vial filled with red liquid. "Here. Consider this a thank you. It's a healing potion. I learned never to travel without at least one. You're lucky. This one's an extra." She dropped the vial into Kori's hand and continued out the door, stopping only long enough by the other table to get directions to 'Pinna's'.
Stat block and Actions
 
 
__________________
DM:The Night Blade; "Well-behaved women seldom make history." -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich ;
Taken the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by lydklein; May 24th, 2023 at 11:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old May 24th, 2023, 09:53 PM
Onward's Avatar
Onward Onward is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 17th, 2024
RPXP: 6179
Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward
Posts: 4,510
Astrid "Dreamer" Hearth
right-aligned image

This isn't what Astrid was expecting, not at all. It was interesting to say the least. She sat quietly as she was being accused, her thoughts lost for a moment. Then her eyes meet Anahi. It was concerning that this arrogant bi--- person would distort her words. She bore a furious expression as she looks back at her accuser,"I don't know him. And I didn't swoon for him. Wyrmwold is... He is just an inspiration, nothing more." she said with a smile on her face. Though she tries to calm herself down as Anahi explains more on who she is and what she does,"...." Astrid should say something as she piles on to her the truth? Was it really? She wouldn't know,".... Maybe your right... Yet I don't see a monster. It's how I see things in the world I suppose, how I view things. He may be a lie, it may be all a lie but... I still see him as an inspiration and it'll never change. Hate me if you want, but you should know... I'll hunt him down with you. Perhaps my perception may change or not, no matter we'll take him down." Astrid declares, this is all she could do for now. She'll have to wait and see what happens next.


OOC
Statblock
Name: Astrid Hearth
Race: Half-Elf
Senses: Darkvision 60 ft
HP: 19/35 AC: 14 Initiative: +3 Speed: 30ft
Str: 8 Dex: 16 Con: 14 Int: 1# Wis: 10 Cha: 19
Feature: You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can't put you to sleep.Fey Ancestry
Diversion
Ability Check. When the creature rolls the Bardic Inspiration die to add it to an ability check, the creature can roll the Bardic Inspiration die again and choose which roll to use, as the mote pops and emits colorful, harmless sparks for a moment.

Attack Roll. Immediately after the creature rolls the Bardic Inspiration die to add it to an attack roll against a target, the mote thunderously shatters. The target and each creature of your choice that you can see within 5 feet of it must succeed on a Constitution saving throw against your spell save DC or take thunder damage equal to the number rolled on the Bardic Inspiration die.

Saving Throw. Immediately after the creature rolls the Bardic Inspiration die and adds it to a saving throw, the mote vanishes with the sound of soft music, causing the creature to gain temporary hit points equal to the number rolled on the Bardic Inspiration die plus your Charisma modifier (minimum of 1 temporary hit point).
Inspiration 1/4 (1d6)
Performance of Creation 1/1
Sorcery Points 2/2
Inspiration Point 1
Equipment: Creator's Clay 8/8
Note:

Initiative:11
Action:
Bonus Action:


Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old May 25th, 2023, 03:03 PM
Jrod's Avatar
Jrod Jrod is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 18th, 2024
RPXP: 2523
Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod
Posts: 2,856
Grim




Grim made a mental note of the going ons within the Inn. Seems all the important members of the community had gathered in one place, how convenient.

Jago was the Blacksmith. By all accounts an expert one, or why was Grim even here. A conversation with him would be priceless, so no need to rush. This was not the time nor place to begin the line of questioning and what would ensue between two masters of the forge. If Grim was to be successful in his mission, he needed to appease Jago. He had his work cut out for him too, having already tainted the waters being an “adventurer” in Jagos words. Saving face was important, so he aired cautiously.

“Drachengarde, dear“ he says in passing to Anahi, who had hardly come up for a breath in the instance.

The air was getting thick. Tensions were rising. It seemed to be question and answer time. Perfect. Listening time for himself and an opportunity to swill and smoke, well deserved.

“I can accompany the the boy” he says, using his large thumb to smudge out his pipe. It seemed Giselle and Anahi had almost decided for him, which was fine. He was keen on the lad and his safe keeping was important. Plus it would show well to the council members; maybe gain more of that favor.

“C’mon boy, let’s see to the good father”

As they left Grim would have some questions for Clark.





Stat BlockGrimash
right-aligned image

Dragonborn Artificer Armorer

Hit Points: 43 | AC: 21 | Init: +3 | Speed: 40' | Proficiency Bonus: +3
Str:10 (+0) | Dex : 13 (+1) | Con: 17 (+3) | Int: 20(+5) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 9 (-1)

Weapons: Disadvantage if enemy attacks anyone but meThunder Gauntlets

Proficiencies: Simple weapons, Jewelers, Thieves, Tinkerers, Smiths, AllArmor | SimpleWeapons |

Feats: Mobile, Fey touched

Traits: 30’ line Fire Dex save DC14Breath Weapon | resistance fireDraconic Resistance | Common, DraconicLanguages |

Infusions: Enhanced Defense, Mind Sharpener, Replicate magic item

Equipment: Goggles of night, hand axes, shield, plate armor

Spell Slots available: 1st level 4/4 , 2nd level 2/2





OOC

Actions
Attack:
Movement:
Bonus:
Reaction:

Dice rolls:




Last edited by Jrod; May 27th, 2023 at 12:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old May 25th, 2023, 05:56 PM
IrishKatt's Avatar
IrishKatt IrishKatt is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 16th, 2024
RPXP: 1695
IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt
Posts: 2,908
Rezna BroadhornIt was very clear that Anahi was getting heated, and Rezna had been with her long enough to know that it was times like this when she would find Anahi getting into the most trouble. Where Rezna was one to say few words, her friend Anahi was the opposite, instead letting their emotions, and mouth run rampant at times when she were better off not doing so. Luckily this wasnt a situation like the twelve other times she had to pull Anahi's boots from the proverbial fire, so she let her friend continue on with her explanations with emotional accessory.

Having heard Astrid's reply she lets out a bit of a laugh at the girls naïve, but innocent world view; something she had lost at a very young age, and something she was conflicted about. On one hand she was duped by the deceptive nature of a man of renown and reputation who was of great charisma, and power. One who as it seemed would rather wipe the world of all other races, or at the very least keep them as pets. How soon after minotaur, and dragonborn would those of mixed or elven races be subject to such cruelties she thought, her eyes pausing on the young looking woman. On the other hand innocence isnt something to throw away if there wasnt a good reason to, not everyone needed to live a life of harsh realities, and even harsher conditions, but in this kind of life they were living it would be a difficult thing to maintain. "Be sure you dont fall prey to the waves while you admire the clouds little one. This storm is more than thunder and lightning, something dark and terrifying lurks beneath the waves, a shadow that hunts in the storm." This was supposed to be an internal thought, but instead she heard the words come out of her mouth with her gaze still on Astrid and lets out a sigh.

Standing to her full height Rezna turns to the assembled village elders and in unison stomps her hoof, and drives the pommel of her great axe onto the floor, ending in her form crumpling. From full height her form curved going through the most threatening stance of brandishing her impressive pair of horns, down to a bowed stance; neck craned, and head pointed down. Even in this bowed hunched stance she was an imposing figure, but intimidation was not her aim here, though her great-axe stayed fast in the same position. "Rezna Broadhorn Decorated First-Mate of the Minotaur Fleets, you have my deepest apologies for the actions of myself, and collective company, we did not wish to make things more difficult for your way of life." Finishing her introduction she raises her head, and looks into the faces of those before her. "I will accept any and all punishment on behalf of these people assembled before you. While I am not aware of your customs, or figure heads that is no excuse for our actions' consequences impacting your lives. Where I am from, those in positions of leadership are held to a much higher standing, and because of that I have acted in a way that only seems to reaffirm your feelings towards us. It is also because of this that I must attempt to atone for the wrong that was done to you and your people.

Standing back to her full height she looks at the assembled parties, and then turning to watch Anahi leave she speak again. "I will be back to this establishment after business has been concluded, and will hear any consequences, or means of recompense you have decided then." Pausing a beat she thumps her free hand against her chest and nods. "Again, my apologies" With a turn she casts Grim a quick smirk and adds "Be careful no one gets bumped into" as to make light of the absurdity of Dustrage's reaction.
__________________

Natural 20's:15
Natural 1's: 3
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old May 25th, 2023, 11:48 PM
stubbornmist's Avatar
stubbornmist stubbornmist is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 13th, 2023
RPXP: 1853
stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist stubbornmist
Posts: 195
Kori
Kori listened, with great interest, to the reaction her inflammatory statement. Not just the words spoken, but the actions as well. One could gather a fair amount by body language and tone that could not be heard with the ears. She considered the Minotaur's poetic warning, but what really interested her was Anahi's reaction.
To her relief what Anahi said rang as truth, not so much the words, since those are easily constructed, but the passion with which they were spoken. In fact, the woman was pretty upset about the entire thing. That, and Kori was certain she might have given a bit more information than she'd intended.

A spy. It should be alarming, given Kori's own position as lieutenant, but with circumstances as they were...she somehow found it a relief. She worked for Sith'elan, and thus could be, mostly, counted on to do what was best for her people, take care of problems that threatened her people...and it sounded as though Anahi's people and Kori's people had the same problem.

So she could have given a respectful nod, made a gesture of tentative trust even, if the woman hadn't shoved the healing potion in her face.

She frowned down at the slight. Her still healing wounds burning with the insult.

Well. It was no wonder the woman needed a giant of a friend to pull 'her boots from the flames' so to speak.

"Keep it, Wolriff," Kori pasted on her best smile, she'd been told it reminded people of the cold bite of death. Often it had people backing away slowly with their hands in the air, but she turned before it could be considered goading.

"I find that I also need to attend the blacksmith, I'll come along with you," and if she used her mission as an excuse to keep an eye on the suspicious pair, then so be it.


Stat Block
right-aligned image
Meikoris (AKA Kori)
Half-Elf Butcher

Hit Points: 26/38 | AC: 16 | Init: +3 | Speed: 40' | Proficiency Bonus: +3
Str:15 (+2) | Dex : 16 (+3) | Con: 15 (+2) | Int: 11(+0) | Wis: 17 (+3) | Cha: 13 (+1)

Weapons: Crow's Talons

Proficiencies & Traits: Short sword, simple weapons, herbalism kit, leatherworker's tools noneArmor | Crows TalonsWeapons | Dex modifier to hit D6 for damage martial arts | leather worker's toolsTools | Common, elvish, primordialLanguages |

Equipment: dagger, darts

__________________
ooooh...Shiny!
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old May 25th, 2023, 11:54 PM
BionicEwok's Avatar
BionicEwok BionicEwok is offline
Just a meat popsicle
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 13th, 2023
RPXP: 1679
BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok BionicEwok
Posts: 327
Buzz the Hero?The air became heated and heavy, Buzz took this cue to step back. Assessing the emotions and observing individual reactions the halfling listened quietly.

Just stay quiet Buzz, nobody wants to here from a kid… and if you’re the other… well… then most are out to cut you.

A sweet smell filled the air as Grim puffed on his pipe, the scent of smouldering tobacco was always pleasant to Buzz. The aroma was calming, helping focus on Astrid, she was taking flack from different angles, yet outwardly unphased. Buzz’s attention was drawnas the Dragonborn’s massive form stood, towering well above him, offering to take Clark to the church while snuffing out the hot tobacco embers with his bare thumb.

"C’mon boy, let’s see to the good father”"

Without invite the vertically limited sorcerer trailed Grim, "I hope you don’t mind a little company." Hooking his arm within Astrid’s, "Dreamer, I think we’re due for a walk in the rain, I’d appreciate your comradery." Not taking no for an answer Buzz pulled Astrid into the down pour, trailing Grim and Clark.

Only half listening to Grim’s conversation with the young boy, he was festering over the happenings of the evening.
What in the god’s graces was that spell, he held an entire room like statues… even stopped me in my tracks? Looking up with concern at a very calm and collected Astrid.
Buzz walked in silence, silken tunic soaked and cold, clinging to his chilled skin. Approaching the steps to the church Buzz reached up giving Grim a quick tug on the wrist, "Do you mind looking at my scope? you're welcome to view it in the morning if you desire"


Stat Block
right-aligned image
Buzz Wagonelle
Halfling Sorcerer

Hit Points: 32/42 | AC: 11 | Init: +1 | Speed: 25'
Str:15 (+2) | Dex: 10 (+0) | Con: 14 (+2) | Int: 10 (+0) | Wis: 10 (+0) | Cha: 17 (+3)

Weapons:

Proficiencies & Traits: noneArmor | Martial weapons, Crossbow, Light, Dagger, Dart, Quarterstaff, SlingWeapons | Woodcarver's toolsTools | Common, Halfling, Primordial, Speak and understand only: Aquan, Auran, Ignan, TerranLanguages | When a 1 is rolled on an attack roll, ability check, or saving throw you can re-roll, you must use the new roll.Lucky | You have advantage on saving throws against being frightened.Brave | You are proficient with martial weapons, and can speak, read, and write Primordial. Knowing this language allows you to understand and be understood by those who speak dialects: Aquan, Auran, Ignan, and Terran.Ancient Knowledge | You can physically embody your connection to titans for a short time as your form takes on aspects of your original titan. As an action, you assume the form for up to one minute. It ends early if you are knocked unconscious or if you choose to end it early as a bonus action. while in this form you gain:
-Your size increases to large.
-Your AC increases by 2
-When you make a melee weapon attack, you can use charisma, instead of strength or dexterity, for attack and damage rolls.
-Your weapons and equipment grow to match your new size. While these weapons are enlarged, your attacks with them deal 1d4 extra damage.
-Your spells and melee weapon attacks deal double damage to objects and structures.
While in Titan Manifestation form you know and can cast the Blaze, Cataclysm, Daybreak, Glacier, and Quake spells
Titan Manifestation can be used twice per long rest.
Titan Manifestation | When an ally makes a ranged attack and you are within 5 feet of the target or the attacker, you can use your reaction to cast a cantrip to charge the projectile. The cantrip must be one that requires an attack roll and targets only one creature, and it is cast as if you were a 1st level spellcaster. If the attack hits, the target is also hit by the cantrip.Charged Projectile

Spells: Shocking Grasp |

Equipment: Scrimshaw Octopus carving
https://www.dndbeyond.com/characters/84993319

Action:none
Bonus Action: None
Movement: None

Last edited by BionicEwok; May 27th, 2023 at 10:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old Jun 19th, 2023, 06:32 AM
MontageManiac's Avatar
MontageManiac MontageManiac is offline
Simple Storysmith
Event Judge
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 15th, 2024
RPXP: 14182
MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac MontageManiac
Posts: 8,831
Currently
Date 24th of Eleasis, Highsun, 1542
Time Early Evening
Location Gravesford
Region Rach’Dinae, Farsaidh
Weather Rain and Clouds, 15 C

”The Lost Company: Speak the Devil

Grimash, Buzz, Astrid
right-aligned image
Utaref and Sons Smithy

Suspicions have grown, answers are given, but still so many questions left unanswered. Clark shoves as much food into his swollen mouth as he can and hops up from the table, eagerly walking amongst Grim, Buzz, and Astrid as they made their way to the Church of St. Gaed the Confessor. "Thank you all so much for your help. I’d never do anything to make someone lop my hand off. I wish that Master Dustrage coulda listened more. But by the gods, that Klaus guy is even worse! Who threatens all them people like that?! All cause I bumped into that Master Dustrage. I’d think if he was a Knight he might be harder to knock down some…"

While many of the buildings in Gravesford were typical of the region, it was easy for Grim to see that this building was different, in a subtle but significant way. The foundation was of an older stone than the other buildings. Maybe millennia? The stone on the lower foundations were smoothed by rainfall, had bore children sitting on the edges of the foundation after mass, burn-marks from previous fires that cleared wood but left the stone behind, and some fairly distinct architectural features which seemed out of place with the mostly Valcorian and Elven design. It was recognizable to Grim, however, as there was tell-tale shapes that had been worn-down over the ages, but were still distinguishable to the dragonborn: Imperial Euraidyian aesthetics. Whatever house of god this now represented, its foundation dated back to before the Valcorian Empire… when this land was ruled by the Dragon-Kings of legend, in Ancient Euraiydia, the first Euraidyia. The same Euraidyia Grim had found his little souvenir in the ancient tombs underneath Vyshyissea’s capital.

"Master Jago can be a little bit intense at times, but he’s a really nice man. Lost his wife a number o’ years back with a goblin raid I think. I was too young t’ remember that. But I’ve been askin’ him if I can come on as his apprentice, as I’d love to learn his trade. A long-sight better than tilling fields, that’s for sure."
right-aligned image
St. Gaed the Confessor

What caught Astrid and Buzz’s eye was a gorgeous stained glass window placed above the main front doors, one of the most amazing sights they’d seen in “backwater” towns such as these. "That’s Saint Gaed in the armor of the glass window. He’s the coolest. Father Belderone told us he’s the first disciple of The Mithril Star, one of the earliest children of The Scarlet Empress ti seek out teachings from elsewhere. That’s someone who knows Justice, through and through!" The boys excitement to speak of a Daint was nothing new. They were truly the first heroes of note in this world. The initial children born on Yeohven with the divine influence of their Prime Deity. Invoking the name of The Mithril Star, the metallic dragon of legend who is said to have created the sun and helped birth Yeohven with the The Chromatic Bloom, the multicolored dragon Matriarch that actually formed Yeohven to grow and sustain life on this world.

The Scarlet Empress was the human prime deity, Goddess of protection and defensive warfare. Not knowing more about the Saint except for this information, one could assume that this human warrior stood for the principles of Justice and defense from creatures that may call the night home.
left-aligned image
Father Belderone

Whatever the Saint’s actual tale was, the stained glass window was extremely impressive. As soon as they entered the church through the front doors, an older gentleman at the front of the church looked up at the new arrivals, having just comforted some people at the front of the church who were kneeling and praying to an altar with a statue of St Gaed holding a sword towards the heavens. With a jolly smile, the church official opened his arms, "Hello, greetings! Welcome to the Church of St. Gaed. Clark? Is that you boy? By the Primes, what befell you lad?"

Clark looked slightly bashful but stepped towards Father Belderone, the older gentleman patting Clark on his head and looking over his injuries. Then looked up towards the trio who had brought him, "Thank you for your help in bringing the boy here. Let’s take a look at you Clark over here." Father Belderone led the young boy to the bench at the side, and sits him down, pulling out a medallion from within his robes and sitting across from Clark, lifting his hands up towards the boy and glancing over at the trio, "So, are you the adventurers from the Inn? I’ve had more of my flock come in tonight than usual."



Kori, Anahi, ResznaKori, Anahi, and Rezna made their way to the wizard, Pinna’s shop and home, splitting from the others in a very empty market square, heading south while they went north to the church. It seemed odd it was such a small building, almost on the outskirts of town, but as they approached a smell hit all of their noses, something not quite familiar to any of them. Whoever entered the building first was greeted with a cry of, "Oh shoot, sudden change in pressure isn’t go-" to which a large explosion is heard and slams the door into whoever tried to open it, breaking glass and splintering wood as it knocks whoever back into whoever was directly behind them.
left-aligned image
Kate Utarefson

With a groan, and black acrid smoke pouring out of the doorway, there is a coughing sound and someone come towards the door, pushing it open, "Holy crap! Pinna, I think you gotta put a sign on the door when you’re experimenting with potions. You could have killed someone!" Coughing still, from the smoke escaping from the door, a woman stepped out, long silver-teal hair flowing with the smoke out of the small magician’s shop, intense crystalline blue eyes wincing with smoke stinging her reddening eyes, and coughing in an outfit that revealed her abdomen, toned and muscular from constant use, and arms that seemed strong despite their size. "Oh gods, Pinna! You’ve got customers! You nearly blew them up!"
right-aligned image
Pinna

With a scream of dismay from within, the sound of glass or broken furniture being overturned could be heard within, and pushing past the stern-looking woman, rushed out a tussle of long, wavy ginger hair, a soot-covered face, and warm blue eyes that felt like the cool waters of a summer lake looking upon your touseled forms, "Oh Black Gods, what a disaster! I am so, so, so sorry! Please come in and let me treat any of your wounds or offer any help I might. My name is Pinna, I’m Gravesford’s Wizard, er, wizard in training, wizardling, oh gods I don’t know. I’m here. How can I help?"







”OOC” Sorry for the delay folks! Looking forward to seeing everyone get back involved!



 




Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pinna 1.png
Views:	44
Size:	196.5 KB
ID:	99911   Click image for larger version

Name:	Kate Utarefson.png
Views:	45
Size:	170.8 KB
ID:	99912   Click image for larger version

Name:	Father Belderone 300px.png
Views:	47
Size:	157.9 KB
ID:	99913   Click image for larger version

Name:	Utaref_and_Sons_Smithy_In_the_rain 300px.png
Views:	44
Size:	178.5 KB
ID:	99914   Click image for larger version

Name:	Saint_Gaed_The_stained_glass_window 300px.png
Views:	45
Size:	246.9 KB
ID:	99915  

__________________
PCs: Dramoth "Nova" / Rhokax Soulreader / Kayne Cyire / Torm / Donovan Whistler
GM: Scales of War 5e & Yeohven: Fall from Grace
Real Life hitting harder and harder. Working on updates as soon as I can, please have pity (patience) on me!
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old Jun 20th, 2023, 12:50 AM
lydklein's Avatar
lydklein lydklein is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 6th, 2024
RPXP: 9729
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
Posts: 8,180
Anahi Faustos
left-aligned image
Waiting outside of the tavern, Anahi took a moment to finish collecting herself. The encounter with the Valcorian had rattled her a bit too much. Hell, she had been overly cocky in that exchange with that Lucifer Dustrag guy. She had called herself "arrogant" a moment ago, but the truth was that "cocky" was a far more accurate description of the human. Uncertain if there were eyes on her, and frankly not caring, Faustos pocketed the healing potion that the Lieutenant had refused and then dusted her outfit off as much as possible. Laundering would be needed as well as a bath judging by the small cloud drifting away with her ministrations. Soon the familiar sound of hooved feet followed closely by the not as familiar sound of boots approached her position. A brief glance over her shoulder confirmed the identities of the people that had decided to join her. Rezna, as expected, and Lieutenant Kori, herself. Turning back towards the street, Anahi used the opportunity to hide one of her cock-sure smiles. It wouldn't do antagonize the woman. Again...yet.

Anahi waited for her friend to join her before signing a warning to the giant warrior. Careful. Need trust. Work together. Watching. The latter was communicated as she acknowledged Kori's company with a nod. "Giselle mentioned it was this way." Before Kori could question her directions, the rogue began to lead them through the southern part of town. "Before you say anything, Lieutenant, yes, I do know where I'm going. It's a very rare thing for me to get lost. So long as I have a general heading I always get to where I need to be. Ask Rezna. She doesn't lie. Or at least not if doesn't absolutely need to. Otherwise, she's the most honest person I know. Calls you on your crap just as soon as hand you your backside. It's why mine is so flat. Ain't that right, Rez?"

Really need to learn to shut it, don't I. Nearly got us all killed back there, didn't ya, An? Geez, I just keep running at the mouth. No wonder yer friends are so far and few between, woman! After that unnecessary prattling, Anahi led the women in silence. Wondering what awaited them at Pinna's. What Kate might need to tell her that was so important as to send the poor boy, Clark, into unforeseen danger.

The directions to Pinna's were clear and succinct. Even for most people. Anahi was not most people. Her eidetic memory, a gift that had served her on more than one occasion, led her to the front of the wizard shop as easily as if she were a native of the town. Looking up at the sign confirmed what was already known fact. "Pinna's" was clearly written above the front door. It was closed, as expected, and so, without hesitation, the wolriff began to push it open. Stepping through, the sound of a woman's voice greeted her.

"Oh shoot, sudden change in pressure isn’t go-"

The rest was drowned out by a loud explosion. The door slammed shut, violently sending her right into Rezna's sturdy frame. "The hell?!" Unconsciously, she patted Rezna's leg in thanks, and stepped forward cautiously. Dagger in hand, and hidden behind her back, she peered carefully at the coughing woman who opened the door amidst a large cloud of acrid, black smoke that burned the nose and was more than likely to cling to the group.

Anahi wondered who she was. Was this Pinna or someone else? Perhaps Kate?"Holy crap! Pinna, I think you gotta put a sign on the door when you’re experimenting with potions. You could have killed someone! Oh gods, Pinna! You’ve got customers! You nearly blew them up!" The woman managed to say between desperate gasps for breath.

'So, you're not Pinna, then? Kate then?' The wolriff committed the face to memory.

From somewhere inside, Pinna could be heard trying to clean up before rushing forward to great her "clients". "Oh Black Gods, what a disaster! I am so, so, so sorry! Please come in and let me treat any of your wounds or offer any help I might. My name is Pinna, I’m Gravesford’s Wizard, er, wizard in training, wizardling, oh gods I don’t know. I’m here. How can I help?"

The young woman was charmingly awkward. Anahi found it difficult to not like the redhead instantly and, once inside the toxic room, held a hand out. "A pleasure to meet ya, Pinna. I'd say something nice about your shop, but it seems to be a little worse for wear. And smell. " She did her best not to pull a face, but failed miserably. "Sorry about that. Kind of feel it's my fault for trying to come in. Can't help but wonder about what you were working on, but I think your friend's right. Might help to put a sign up and maybe lock the door while at it? " She offered the wizard(ling) an apologetic smile, hoping to smooth the road forward as much as possible. "Truth is, uh... I'm not exactly here as a customer. But my...companion," Anahi waved a hand in Kori's direction, "Could probably use some help. Got a bit nicked on the way into town. Bandits. Tried to hold us up," a thumb flew back and forth between herself and Rezna. "At any rate, I'm not here as a customer. We're here to see Kate. My name's Anahi. I'm a friend of Niizha. That wouldn't happen to be you, would it?" Glancing out of the corner of her eye, Anahi looked directly at the dark haired stranger who had initially opened the door, waiting for confirmation that this was indeed Niizah's "friend", Kate.
Stat block and Actions
 
 
__________________
DM:The Night Blade; "Well-behaved women seldom make history." -Laurel Thatcher Ulrich ;
Taken the Oath of Sangus
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old Jun 20th, 2023, 03:26 PM
Jrod's Avatar
Jrod Jrod is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 18th, 2024
RPXP: 2523
Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod
Posts: 2,856
Grim






“A most distinguished trade my boy, well choice. Has master Jago agreed to take you on, or are you only in preliminary talks?” Grim showed genuine attention as Carl spoke. The ancient craft of blacksmithing was no doubt, as honorable of a trade as any, with whole lineages of hero’s carved from the anvil. A choice In any facet of blacksmithing would earn Carl a decent life, and that was important.

Grim bookmarks a mental note about the goblin strike on Jagos personal life, and Carries the conversation forward once in front of the god father.

“We are in fact those same adventurers father. We make no excuses for our behavior, but had we not stood our ground to the nobleman, young Carl here might have needed more than a once over. I can assure you we are a well mannered bunch. You have nothing to worry about as long as we are here.” Grim knew not everyone would appreciate his token of persuasion, being cut from the cloth he was, horns and claws and all, But if the father listened he could hear the relaxed and honest tone in which the Dragonborn spoke amongst his gravely speech.

The opportunity to invoke favor was yet again present, so grim decided to seize the opportunity.

“Still, the damage has been done and cannot go un treated. Let us help with that” grim gingerly reaches into his purse pocket and withdraws coins. “For your troubles I would like to make this contribution, Father. On behalf of myself and my traveling companions.” Several coins fall out of the large hand of Grimash Coalborn into the hand of the father. A smile and nod is exchanged as well.

There was an ominous yet comforting aura from the church of st Gaed. It’s magnificent and ancient structure was breathtaking, even for a treasure seeker as old as himself. The stained glass was simply a chefs kiss to all that was hallowed ground. Appreciation felt like the best word to describe what he was feeling in the moment. Appreciation for history. Appreciation for things lost, and appreciation for things yet to come, perhaps.

“What a breathtaking institute you have here father. Would a tour be to forthcoming? I don’t mean to pry, but I am somewhat of a historian and relish any opportunity to appreciate the ancient things”







Stat BlockGrimash
right-aligned image

Dragonborn Artificer Armorer

Hit Points: 43 | AC: 21 | Init: +3 | Speed: 40' | Proficiency Bonus: +3
Str:10 (+0) | Dex : 13 (+1) | Con: 17 (+3) | Int: 20(+5) | Wis: 12 (+1) | Cha: 9 (-1)

Weapons: Disadvantage if enemy attacks anyone but meThunder Gauntlets

Proficiencies: Simple weapons, Jewelers, Thieves, Tinkerers, Smiths, AllArmor | SimpleWeapons |

Feats: Mobile, Fey touched

Traits: 30’ line Fire Dex save DC14Breath Weapon | resistance fireDraconic Resistance | Common, DraconicLanguages |

Infusions: Enhanced Defense, Mind Sharpener, Replicate magic item

Equipment: Goggles of night, hand axes, shield, plate armor

Spell Slots available: 1st level 4/4 , 2nd level 2/2





OOC

Actions
Attack:
Movement:
Bonus:
Reaction:

Dice rolls:
Dice History or religion:
1d20+5 (4)+5 Total = 9

Grim is rolling either history or religion (both have same modifier) to see what he knows of the church or if there is anything in particular he extracts from the tour.

Grim places 5 gold coins in the fathers hand


Last edited by Jrod; Jun 20th, 2023 at 03:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old Jun 20th, 2023, 10:09 PM
Onward's Avatar
Onward Onward is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 17th, 2024
RPXP: 6179
Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward Onward
Posts: 4,510
Astrid "Dreamer" Hearth
right-aligned image

Astrid gives out a sigh, already exhausted from talking to that arrogant, maybe cocky is word, woman. She resisted the urge to paint Anari in an embarrassing light, thought she glance to Buzz. His paranoid, that's not good for morale,"Don't worry about it, as long as we work together just like in those caves, we'll survive in the end of the day." she said, holding his hand to calmly lead him to the church,"Anyways, I'm going to need you to talk for me. My hands are tied with a new inspiration, don't worry, I'll call you out if you start saying something offensive to the priest." she said as she entered into the church. Her instinct was right as she watch upon the sight of St. Gaed the Confessor, her eyes scanning upon the stain glass's artistic structure. She starts drawing her interpretation.


OOC
Statblock
Name: Astrid Hearth
Race: Half-Elf
Senses: Darkvision 60 ft
HP: 19/35 AC: 14 Initiative: +3 Speed: 30ft
Str: 8 Dex: 16 Con: 14 Int: 1# Wis: 10 Cha: 19
Feature: You have advantage on saving throws against being charmed, and magic can't put you to sleep.Fey Ancestry
Diversion
Ability Check. When the creature rolls the Bardic Inspiration die to add it to an ability check, the creature can roll the Bardic Inspiration die again and choose which roll to use, as the mote pops and emits colorful, harmless sparks for a moment.

Attack Roll. Immediately after the creature rolls the Bardic Inspiration die to add it to an attack roll against a target, the mote thunderously shatters. The target and each creature of your choice that you can see within 5 feet of it must succeed on a Constitution saving throw against your spell save DC or take thunder damage equal to the number rolled on the Bardic Inspiration die.

Saving Throw. Immediately after the creature rolls the Bardic Inspiration die and adds it to a saving throw, the mote vanishes with the sound of soft music, causing the creature to gain temporary hit points equal to the number rolled on the Bardic Inspiration die plus your Charisma modifier (minimum of 1 temporary hit point).
Inspiration 1/4 (1d6)
Performance of Creation 1/1
Sorcery Points 2/2
Inspiration Point 1
Equipment: Creator's Clay 8/8
Note:

Initiative:11
Action:
Bonus Action:


Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:17 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2024, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB