Game Thread The Storeroom - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old Dec 19th, 2013, 06:31 PM
Shadow0136's Avatar
Shadow0136 Shadow0136 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 8th, 2021
RPXP: 4557
Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136
Posts: 8,803
OOC- Appears so...
  #17  
Old Dec 19th, 2013, 06:34 PM
InsaneFox's Avatar
InsaneFox InsaneFox is offline
Aeternis's Hat
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 17th, 2018
RPXP: 3647
InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox
Posts: 2,171
OOCAlso side note, how good does the lock look? Akomachi can unlock simple locks (DC20) without having to roll and as a standard action.
  #18  
Old Dec 19th, 2013, 06:39 PM
CorpZeWolVe's Avatar
CorpZeWolVe CorpZeWolVe is offline
I win with JJCP.~
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 21st, 2019
RPXP: 688
CorpZeWolVe CorpZeWolVe CorpZeWolVe CorpZeWolVe CorpZeWolVe CorpZeWolVe
Posts: 1,392
OOCWe will see where this goes I suppose. Makes it easier for us to miss the vamps, but eh, what can you do? CG is often a kill to save type.

Dice Altande's initiative:
d20+3 (17)+3 Total = 20


Dice Lilly's Initiative:
d20+2 (18)+2 Total = 20

Dice Minx's Intiative:
d20+2 (12)+2 Total = 14



Since it was time that Altande had issues with, and clearly this spell would be ineffective against the likes of vampires, he took it upon himself to
Dice CMB:
d20+18 (11)+18 Total = 29
grab his throat and release a Vampiric Touchfast purple light. which
Dice Roll:
5d6 1, 1, 3, 6, 2 Total = 13
drains him giving Altande new strength and grappling the bandolier to the wall. "This is easier anyways" Altande yells.


OOCLilly summons a scary looking hand that grabs at the man Altande is grappling with. Scary scary hand that takes away her life force in small amounts it looks like. However it would be next turn that it reached him. Meanwhile Minx stared at the other one with eyes of deep, dark, burning hatred. It caught his clothes on fire.

Lilly:
Standard: Spectral Hand 4/5 2nd lvl spells left.
Movement: Gets out of range of the guards.

Minx:
Standard:Burning gaze on the guard that is not being grappled: Fort check 22 negates. 1d6 fire damage, and catches fire if fails a 15 reflex save. (ESPLOSIONS!)
Movement; Looks cute.




Ok! All done!

Last edited by CorpZeWolVe; Dec 19th, 2013 at 11:18 PM.
  #19  
Old Dec 19th, 2013, 07:17 PM
InsaneFox's Avatar
InsaneFox InsaneFox is offline
Aeternis's Hat
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 17th, 2018
RPXP: 3647
InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox
Posts: 2,171
As Lilly's spell fails, so does any chances of diplomacy. With a sigh, Marie as a free action (which, in this case, can be done even out-of-turn)calls back, "Don't kill them, we're on the same side."

Continued...Akomachi didn't want to reveal that she was familiar at casting spells, but now wasn't the time for such things. Hoping the others would show a modicum of restraint in their insignificant fight, the imposter utters a line of arcane babbling. With a flourish, she casts invisibilityvanishes from the sight of normal men.


OOCDue to the abstract nature of spontaneous combat, and to avoid wasting time with unnecessary questions, I'm going to post in game terms how her turn plays out depending on two circumstances.

If Akomachi is not being threatened (either because the enemies are flat footed or because she's out of reach), she simply casts invisibility and then makes a movement.

If Akomachi is being threatened, she would take a 5' step into the 'safest' square where she is not being threatened (probably backwards), and then cast invisibility. UNLESS she's still being threatened, in which case she would attempt to cast defensively.

Last edited by InsaneFox; Dec 19th, 2013 at 10:05 PM.
  #20  
Old Dec 19th, 2013, 11:14 PM
unglued128's Avatar
unglued128 unglued128 is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 18th, 2016
RPXP: 174
unglued128 unglued128
Posts: 607
As Altande moves in Matheus
Dice Readied action - Point-blank shot + deadly aim vs Altande's Touch AC:
1d20+14sch13 (6)+14 Total = 20
Dice Damage + point-blank shot + Deadly Aim:
1d8+15 (7)+15 Total = 22
fires his pistol be he is unsure of how true his aim was as the man grabs him. Feeling his life energies leaving his body he does two things simultaneously. The first is that he attempts to
Dice Attempting to break the Grapple:
1d20+8sch23 (1 (natural 1))+8   Total = 9
break the mans grasp on him. The second is he Screams for every sailor on the ship to hear "SABOTEURS ATTEMPTING TO BREACH THE POWDER MAGAZINE" looking the man dead in the eye he says "Soon every sailor on the ship will be making his way here how long do you think you can last?"

Last edited by unglued128; Dec 19th, 2013 at 11:17 PM.
  #21  
Old Dec 20th, 2013, 10:02 PM
Shadow0136's Avatar
Shadow0136 Shadow0136 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 8th, 2021
RPXP: 4557
Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136
Posts: 8,803
The other guard is lit on fire, although one little fact was forgotten in the moment. Which was that he uses a pistol and therefore had a pouch of black powder on him. So within seconds of being lit ablaze his pouch full of black powder exploded, taking out most of his lower torso and killing him outright. Seconds after which the sounds of dozens of people rushing toward the location was heard.
  #22  
Old Dec 20th, 2013, 10:41 PM
InsaneFox's Avatar
InsaneFox InsaneFox is offline
Aeternis's Hat
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 17th, 2018
RPXP: 3647
InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox InsaneFox
Posts: 2,171
'Marie' looked down at the lock, which... by itself would be a little tricky to pick in such a short period of time. However, traces of gold dust in the metal indicate something a little more problematic. It was likely a magically reinforced lock. With I'd need masterwork theive's tools and a nat 20 using Archaeologist's luck to beat the DCproper tools, and time, she could pick it, but she had neither of those. The sound of a massive report, the smell of burnt hair and sinew, and the splattering of blood brought her back to the more pressing matter at hand.

Whirling around, she was horrified at the sight; a burning man with stumps for legs, writhing in agony, as his life-force seems to violently leave his body. This was a bust, hopefully not a fatal one. There wasn't time to regret or lash out, if the rest of the crew arrived, there would be no listening to reason. "The lock is a no-go without the key, and I doubt you can chop your way through it before you're overrun, Reaper... Unless you intend to violently murder the rest of the crew, I suggest we run now and sort it all out later. Gunman, I'm sorry about your friend, but you MUST make sure you get that door open as soon as possible and make sure there's nothing inside that will leave us ship-wrecked."

OOCNo actual action is made yet, waiting for initiative (Altande/Lilly)

Last edited by InsaneFox; Dec 20th, 2013 at 10:42 PM.
  #23  
Old Dec 21st, 2013, 04:05 AM
CorpZeWolVe's Avatar
CorpZeWolVe CorpZeWolVe is offline
I win with JJCP.~
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 21st, 2019
RPXP: 688
CorpZeWolVe CorpZeWolVe CorpZeWolVe CorpZeWolVe CorpZeWolVe CorpZeWolVe
Posts: 1,392



Altande's focus is simply on allowing the man to realize his mistake in challenging him. His time was wasted, and the entire ship in peril. Quickly in order to save face he grunted to Lilly as his elbow
Dice Roll:
d20+18 (13)+18 Total = 31
dug into Matheus and he in kind received a
Dice Attack1:
d20+13 (17)+13 Total = 30
Dice Attack2:
d20+8 (4)+8 Total = 12
wallop from his scythe having seen the death of one he hoped to keep it nonlethal. He however slashed at Matheus, and prepared to swing again, his eyes
Dice Intimidate:
d20+28 (16)+28 Total = 44
beamed towards the guards as they approached, this battle was between the two men.

Lilly casts grease in the direction of where the men would be coming from, meanwhile Minx seems very content with himself and sets in motion the spectral hand towards Matheus whom feels a quick
Dice Roll:
d20-1 (7)-1 Total = 6
shock. It however does no real damage to him, as much as a surprise.



Quote:
Originally Posted by CorpZeWolVe View Post
Dice * Damage:
2d6+12 (4, 2)+12 Total = 18

Combat Bracket

Altande:
HP:123/129 Was at 142 with temp hp, took 22 damage 22-16 = 6, resulting in 123
AC:20
DR:3/-
Saves: Fort +14 Ref +5 Will +8

Spectral Hand
Dice Roll:
1d4 3

Warning: rolls have been deleted from this post.

Last edited by CorpZeWolVe; Dec 21st, 2013 at 11:54 AM.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:36 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB