Game Thread The Adventure Begins - Page 9 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > Valtakunta
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #121  
Old Sep 21st, 2019, 01:58 PM
girlplay's Avatar
girlplay girlplay is offline
The Queen of Ice
Event Judge
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 7th, 2023
RPXP: 18039
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
Posts: 13,784
WilburWilbur shifted on his feet, looking down at his feet for a moment. "I like Shadow. He's been a good friend and neighbor. But... I have to put my faith in the marshals and hope that it turns out okay. I don't really... know what else there is to say." He puts a hand on the ax he'd been sharpening but also seemed to be waiting to see if the adventurers had anything else they wanted to discuss.

  #122  
Old Sep 22nd, 2019, 09:36 AM
Quick Ben's Avatar
Quick Ben Quick Ben is offline
Imaginary
Event Judge
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 7th, 2021
RPXP: 2292
Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben
Posts: 1,828
Thom Morgan
right-aligned image
Thom bobbed his head politely to the farmer and then followed the rest of the group as they turned away. The lack of leads in their endeavor was disheartening, to say the least. It seemed like the group still firmly believed in Shadow's innocence, as he did, especially since the evidence against the Tabaxi was purely circumstantial.

"Perhaps we should regroup at the Marshal's office," Thom suggested as they regrouped outside of earshot of the farmer and his hands, "if we can't find evidence of the true killer, our best chance of freeing Shadow may be to argue against whatever case they are building against him."

It seemed a weak suggestion to the preacher, but it was becoming difficult not to be dispirited in their ad hoc law enforcement efforts.


 
  #123  
Old Sep 22nd, 2019, 09:48 PM
Mythrandil's Avatar
Mythrandil Mythrandil is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 12th, 2023
RPXP: 5979
Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil
Posts: 2,685
OriloEmbarrassed by the debacle, Orilo turns away and walks after Sam and Dolan. Keeping his voice low as he sheepishly adjusts his outfit back into a more civilized mode (not helped by the crusted blood flaking off his oathsworn hand), Orilo mutters, "False lead...but that's to be expected, right?"




Stats
 
__________________
All is well!
  #124  
Old Sep 23rd, 2019, 05:41 PM
oztk's Avatar
oztk oztk is offline
Yankee in the UK
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 9th, 2019
RPXP: 5601
oztk oztk oztk oztk oztk oztk oztk oztk oztk oztk oztk
Posts: 1,363
Sam swearsAt Sam could feel her grip on her anger slipping. She'd already dropped the pretense that they were working with the Marshal when she'd talked about justice getting trampled, and a part of her is gathering to rush at him as Orilo and Thom, that calming presence, turned to follow. Dolan was already gone, Wilbur had an ax in his hand ... a deep breath and she turns and follows them out, but if she can't hurt him physical, words will have to do, and she gives a parting shot over her shoulder. "Hope you look Treasure in the eye when you explain why her dad's dead."

Sam stomps away with the group angrily, letting out a steam with a stream of cursing. Thom's meek suggestion that they talk to the Marshal has her round her ire and swearing at her companion for a moment before she catches herself and deflates sheepishly. "I -- sorry.
Didn't deserve that. Maybe they'd listen to you, all respectable like. But folk like me... heck, I'm yelling at a preacher, maybe they're right not to listen. We could try it..."


But calming slightly, Sam's brain functions again. "Weren't a total waste, though, coming out here -- were Tabaxi prints goin' to the grave. If it weren't Shadow, just gotta find the one that did it. Can't be more than, what a thousand of 'em here in the Falls?" A bitter laugh "Just gotta go ask 'em all if they did it. " Sam takes a deep breath, draws back from the edge of hysteria. "But it can't hurt to ask the locals about Shadow? See if any out of town cats have shown up? Orilo? You were all on about Goliaths bein' good at all this stuff -- what now? Time to put up..."
__________________
Eventually: DMing an Eberron 5e game...
  #125  
Old Sep 24th, 2019, 04:27 PM
Quick Ben's Avatar
Quick Ben Quick Ben is offline
Imaginary
Event Judge
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 7th, 2021
RPXP: 2292
Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben
Posts: 1,828
Thom Morgan
right-aligned image
Thom lets Sam vent her frustration, taking the response calmly. This wasn't the first time he'd been yelled at out of frustration that had little to do with him and more to do with the mercurial workings of the gods.

Sam's more coherent point is a good one though, and Thom finds himself nodding thoughtfully as she makes her point to Orilo. Feeling a brief swell of hope, Thom jumps in before his Goliath friend can respond.

"Perhaps another reason to return to the Marshal's. We didn't know during our previous conversation that any Tabaxi were involved. Maybe with that information Shadow could give us some guidance. Or, failing that, he may at least know who we can speak to in that community. There have been a few come through the church, but I don't have anyone I could approach about something like this."


 
  #126  
Old Sep 24th, 2019, 08:09 PM
girlplay's Avatar
girlplay girlplay is offline
The Queen of Ice
Event Judge
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 7th, 2023
RPXP: 18039
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
Posts: 13,784
The Mulville ranchAs the group paused to consider their next move, the as-of-yet-unnamed son of Wilbur that the group men when they first came onto the property came walking down the lane with a bee under his bonnet, so to speak. He marched right up towards Sam. "What in the heavens is wrong with you? My dad's up there crying his eyes out after your comment about Treasure not having a dad. What's wrong with you? You putting all that blame on him! Girl, somebody should tan your hide and teach you some manners!" While not being physically threatening in action, his words are clearly anger to the point of practically spitting them out.

  #127  
Old Sep 25th, 2019, 02:47 PM
Quick Ben's Avatar
Quick Ben Quick Ben is offline
Imaginary
Event Judge
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 7th, 2021
RPXP: 2292
Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben
Posts: 1,828
Thom Morgan
right-aligned image
Thom turned at the sound of the angry words, momentarily shocked by the young man's outburst. Between Sam and this hot-headed boy, tensions were running high and an escalation would serve no one in good stead. Quickly stepping forward to draw the young man's attention, Thom addressed him in a calm, even voice even though his dark eyes held the boy's gaze with a low intensity.

"I think everyone is taking what has happened to Shadow and his family hard. There is no need to make things worse. We all want to see this settled and the family reunited, don't we? You can tell your father we apologize for any undue stress. We will continue our efforts to see that they don't remain apart for long."

Carefully not making any aggressive moves of his own, Thom
Dice Persuasion:
1d20+5 (1)+5 Total = 6
did his best to calm the boy. This sort of distraction would only make it harder to help Shadow and Treasure.

"We can see your father takes Vaarentaa's words about caring for one's neighbor seriously. If any of you think of anything that would help, you can leave a message for us at the Falls Community Church in town."


 
  #128  
Old Sep 26th, 2019, 08:15 PM
girlplay's Avatar
girlplay girlplay is offline
The Queen of Ice
Event Judge
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 7th, 2023
RPXP: 18039
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
Posts: 13,784
The Mulville ranchAt first, it seemed that Thom was talking to Sam - at least in the He's Wilbur's son but he has a teenage son of his own. He's somewhere around 40 years old.middle-aged rancher's opinion. When it became clear that Thom had been talking about him the whole time, the rancher scowled. He took a half-step closer to the preacher and said, "I don't care what you do; just stay away from me and my family. We didn't have nothing to do with this."
  #129  
Old Oct 2nd, 2019, 10:05 PM
girlplay's Avatar
girlplay girlplay is offline
The Queen of Ice
Event Judge
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 7th, 2023
RPXP: 18039
girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay girlplay
Posts: 13,784
Encounter on the roadDolan had already made it to the main road, a few minutes before the others. When the ground finally reassembled, they began to discuss what to do from that point since their leads had seemed to dry up like a shallow creek in the hot summertime sun. It was then that the group - Sam first and then the others - noted a group of 4 people riding their way on horseback. They were coming down the east road. The first 2 were strongly-built Human men dressed in studded leather armor under their dusters. The third man was a Tabaxi, lean and long with light brown fur striped with darker brown markings. The final rider, lagging behind slightly, was a beautiful red-headed woman in tanned leather from head to toe. She wore a blue cape about her shoulders and a crossbow rested on her lap. The Tabaxi was also carrying a ready crossbow, which he had held in one hand over his shoulder.

The group pulled their steeds to a stop when they were roughly 30 feet from the adventurers and one of the men in the lead called out, "what's all this?"

The woman in the back spoke immediately after, adding, "why are you messing with my friends, the Mulvilles?" The Tabaxi and the woman both moved their crossbows into a more ready position, though not pointing them at anybody just yet.


Last edited by girlplay; Oct 2nd, 2019 at 10:06 PM.
  #130  
Old Oct 3rd, 2019, 02:56 PM
Quick Ben's Avatar
Quick Ben Quick Ben is offline
Imaginary
Event Judge
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 7th, 2021
RPXP: 2292
Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben Quick Ben
Posts: 1,828
Thom Morgan
right-aligned image
Thom glanced at his companions quickly before his eyes returned to the crossbows. Stepping forward with his hands spread non-threateningly, Thom figured he should try the whole talking thing at least once more if it meant no one would be short.

"No messing, I assure you," Thom began, looking up at the woman on the horse, but doing his best to include the whole group in his statement, his preacher's voice serving him well, even outdoors, "we are just looking into the recent arrest of our friend Shadow and wanted to see if Mr. Mulville knew anything that might help the man and his daughter."

Motioning down the road away from the farm, Thom continued, "We were just on our way, so
Dice Persuasion:
1d20+5 (6)+5 Total = 11
there's no need for any unpleasantness, Ms...."
He trailed off leadingly, letting the woman fill the empty space.


 
  #131  
Old Oct 3rd, 2019, 09:28 PM
Mythrandil's Avatar
Mythrandil Mythrandil is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 12th, 2023
RPXP: 5979
Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil Mythrandil
Posts: 2,685
OriloOrilo raises his eyebrows at the oncoming party. Truly, he focuses on the woman. Clearly in charge of the goons, but dressed to kill. Looks like she'd be fun at parties.

Backpedaling a step, Orilo loosens his rapier surreptitiously. "Psst! Sam! Do you recognize this woman? She seems to be in charge, and you seem the sort to know the local, ah, toughs?" Orilo trails off lamely.




Stats
 
__________________
All is well!
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:58 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB