Game Thread Chapter 1: Something Wicked - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Touch of Prophecy
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 05:04 PM
mad_gondsman's Avatar
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman is offline
Solemn Golem
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 26th, 2023
RPXP: 30622
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman
Posts: 10,326
"Perhaps that is where the rest of us come in..." the red-haired woman remarks to the verbose kalashtar woman's last comment.

She looks to the exasperated, dapper young man across from her and winks as she continues to take advantage of their host's hospitality.

"This is really quite good... compliments to your staff, Brother Talesin."

Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 06:44 PM
ShadowcatX's Avatar
ShadowcatX ShadowcatX is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 29th, 2023
RPXP: 5568
ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX
Posts: 4,524
Brother Talesin's eyes rest upon the Warforged as he speaks. "Unfortunately I do not believe there is anyone around here that has enough silver to forge or the talent to do so, but I'm certain in Eldeen Reaches there will be such available. And as to a net of silver, I do not believe it would be useful as it seems it would be heavy and unweildy. However, I am neither a silver smith nor a lycanthrope slayer, I'm not even a warrior, so please use your best judgement."

As the human speaks Brother Talesin shakes his head. "You are not insensitive my friend, I meant to bring it up myself, earlier, but I'm afraid memories caused it to slip my mind. The pay for this job will be three thousand gold, with one thousand up front. You may also keep the werewolf's personal effects, should it have any. Finally, you may leave instructions on where you would like the money sent, should you fall in the completion of your duties."

Turning to the Kalashtar, the Brother nods. "I have had the smith in town prepare a cage in the back of my wagon. It is out in the barn. He says it is strong enough to hold a bear, should you get one to fit. I had it made small in hopes that the werewolf would not be able to get leverage to bring its full strength to bear. I also have a team of mules, they're stubborn creatures, but they pull well enough. I can't promise they'll handle the presence of a werewolf terribly well though."

Brother Talesin smiles at the comment. "I will tell our cook of your praise once I am certain such will not make her head too large for her body."

Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old Jul 19th, 2010, 08:52 PM
oogoa oogoa is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 24th, 2011
RPXP: 61
oogoa
Posts: 95
Koralask had long since grown bored with all the talk of strategy. He'd yet to meet the opponent that could not be either fled from or ripped to pieces. Glancing around, he really took in the other people, whom he supposed would soon become his companions, taking them each in in turn. None of them appeared to have anything of the Inspired about them. He supposed they could be trusted. He was especially pleased to see another of his kind here, and shot the Kalashtar a small, shy smile.

At long last, his eyes fell upon the food in front of him. Worry for his sister had sapped his appetite for most of the day, and now it returned in full force. Sniffing the meal once, he apparently decided it was safe, and buried his face in it, shoveling food into his mouth with his bare hands.

Glancing up, maw still bulging he said "Eough hit hat. Whe dwe leef?" Taking a swig of wine to clear his throat, he tried again. "Enough chit chat. When do we leave?'
__________________
"There's no such thing as fighting dirty and fighting clean. There's fighting, and then there's losing."
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old Jul 20th, 2010, 08:38 AM
Saidande's Avatar
Saidande Saidande is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 14th, 2016
RPXP: 774
Saidande Saidande Saidande Saidande Saidande Saidande Saidande
Posts: 1,451
"The thing about mules" Minharath says, looking at the other Kalashtar, not use to carrying on two conversations at once.

"They're a lot smarter than anyone gives them credit for. They are stubborn because they know danger. They know the frailty of their bodies and have an intense instinct to avoid dangerous situations. This is why my people used oxen. They will pull in a straight line regardless of the danger. Mules will do though. We will just have to make sure they don't see the lycantrhopes. And that said beasties are unconsious. Where could we get some blue whinnis?" He asks, his eyes on the female kalashtar.


Last edited by Saidande; Jul 20th, 2010 at 09:14 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old Jul 20th, 2010, 11:05 AM
Cherubaddon's Avatar
Cherubaddon Cherubaddon is offline
Laputan Machine
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 4th, 2021
RPXP: 1567
Cherubaddon Cherubaddon Cherubaddon Cherubaddon Cherubaddon Cherubaddon Cherubaddon Cherubaddon Cherubaddon Cherubaddon Cherubaddon
Posts: 1,363
Aymeric snorts at the priest's reply. "Should I fall in the completion of my duties" - well, I guess that'd mean the academy thing sorted itself out. Three thousand, though? That's not bad for something the nobles of old Cyre did for sport. He helps himself to another piece of ham, resisting the urge to cut it with his Q'barran hunting knife to instead go for the more civilized, and much less efficient, silver alternative. His gauntleted hand takes up the cup of wine, casually raising it to the red-haired lady across from him - courtesy being the next best thing to sympathy - before downing it in one gulp. Although a careful planner and certainly not one to rush into action, he has just about had enough. If the kalashtar had it her way, they would not be leaving before next winter. Even something as crucial as planning could be overdone - especially when it involved relying on one so obviously clueless as brother Talesin. Profiting from another unaimed interjection by one of the Sarlonans - Throne, uttering platitudes sure is the race's strong point, isn't it? - he puts the goblet back on the table loudly enough to attract attention and flashes his trademark, beaming smile. "Good! As far as I am concerned, all salient questions have been answered. Unless one of you has another one that no one has thought of asking yet - " he pauses to look around, but quickly continues before anyone can take him up on the offer, " - I suggest we finish our meal and get going. We can still forge plans on the way, but I for one would dearly like to arrive in the Reaches while the leaves are still green."
__________________
Things without all Remedy should be without Regard. - Shakespeare, Macbeth

On holidays until mid-January. Apologies for intermittent posting.

Last edited by Cherubaddon; Jul 20th, 2010 at 11:08 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old Jul 20th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Peter172's Avatar
Peter172 Peter172 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 22nd, 2022
RPXP: 12475
Peter172 Peter172 Peter172 Peter172 Peter172 Peter172 Peter172 Peter172 Peter172 Peter172 Peter172
Posts: 9,253
Nalus listened to the conversation in silence, he was ready to go and was just waiting for the others to resolve any questions they had left.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old Jul 20th, 2010, 10:10 PM
Cidolfas's Avatar
Cidolfas Cidolfas is offline
TGWTWSA
Event Judge
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 4th, 2016
RPXP: 7727
Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas
Posts: 5,418
Ugren also listened intently, at least at first. He was curious about how they would take the animal, but knew too little about the subject to chime in. Instead he finally sat down to eat what was likely to be his last hot meal for some time. The fare was delicous and he nearly lost himself in its flavor. By the end he was barely paying attention to his surroundings while putting away his fourth serving.
__________________
After some time away, looking to get back into gaming here.

Last edited by Cidolfas; Jul 20th, 2010 at 10:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old Jul 21st, 2010, 02:15 AM
ShadowcatX's Avatar
ShadowcatX ShadowcatX is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 29th, 2023
RPXP: 5568
ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX
Posts: 4,524
"I'm afraid I don't know where you would get any blue whinnis, to be honest I'm not all that well versed in herb lore. But while I am pleased that you are all eager to set out on your journey, please, remain here tonight, and get an early start. I am afraid that I don't have enough beds for you all, but I do have enough to accommodate the ladies and the men can all sleep in the main room, it has a fireplace so you won't get chilled. And then you may all leave the early in the morning. But I'm afraid that this has emotionally drained me and I beg your leave. Laird here" He motions at the half elf, who sits down his lute. "will help you get situated and see to any needs you might have. Please make yourselves at home."

With that Brother Talesin retires to his room.

OOCYou may retire or talk amongst yourselves. If you have any questions, Laird will answer as best he can. Rooms will be provided for the female characters, as Talesin said. If you have any strategy you wish to discuss or plans you wish to make go for it, I'll be advancing the story tomorrow.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old Jul 21st, 2010, 02:51 AM
Peter172's Avatar
Peter172 Peter172 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 22nd, 2022
RPXP: 12475
Peter172 Peter172 Peter172 Peter172 Peter172 Peter172 Peter172 Peter172 Peter172 Peter172 Peter172
Posts: 9,253
Nalus did not need to sleep, but realized the need in others so he went to the appointed room and sat quietly until morning. He meditated until his consciousness was almost in a dream like state, trying to clear his mind of all the potential troubles ahead. He relied on his training and instinct mostly, he knew he could react quicker if he didn't have to think first.
In his mind he conjured up the image of the Silver Flame, or at least what he thought it would look like since he had never had the privilege of gazing upon it. Maybe someday, if the Flame wishes it so.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old Jul 21st, 2010, 05:18 PM
mad_gondsman's Avatar
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman is offline
Solemn Golem
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 26th, 2023
RPXP: 30622
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman
Posts: 10,326
The red haired woman with the dragonmark introduces herself by the name of "Fraela d'Tharashk of clan Velderan" as the conversation goes on and she attempts to learn a little about the people that she will be working with on this task.

She shares that she's worked with various inquisitive agencies in the past, to include the Finder's Guild, in the lower levels of the City of Towers, helping to solve various crimes that required the help of someone with a keener eye than the guard possessed. She asks few questions, not wanting to appear as if she is prying... but attempts to assess what each person's strengths are so that she may better compliment the group dynamic. She openly admits that she is not a warrior but a detective of sorts... a Finder if you will.

When dinner and the meeting has adjourned, she does not immediately retire to her room, instead chatting with the staff and Laird as she can... asking for recipes, learning more about the Silver Flame, and asking Laird how it came to be that he joined the Church here.

Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old Jul 21st, 2010, 06:31 PM
Peter172's Avatar
Peter172 Peter172 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 22nd, 2022
RPXP: 12475
Peter172 Peter172 Peter172 Peter172 Peter172 Peter172 Peter172 Peter172 Peter172 Peter172 Peter172
Posts: 9,253
Nalus shares the details of his past. There wasn't that much to tell, he was only six years old after all.
He had been created by a well known artificer to fight in the war, but he war ended so he was set free. He traveled for a while, then came upon a monastery. The monks took him in and taught him of the wonders of the Silver Flame and how the world would one day be cleansed in the name of the Flame. He trained and studied with them for much of his existence, then was sent out into the world to assist in the cleansing. He hoped to purge at least some of the evil, and this mission would be a wonderful start.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old Jul 21st, 2010, 10:11 PM
Cidolfas's Avatar
Cidolfas Cidolfas is offline
TGWTWSA
Event Judge
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 4th, 2016
RPXP: 7727
Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas
Posts: 5,418
Ugren finished his meal in peace, made sure he had introduced himself to his new companions and trudged off to the main room. He would speak to any who approached him but not seek out conversation. The dwarf had a rather restless night, the combination of being around a bunch of strangers and the anticipation of the morning were almost too much to bear. His thoughts raced for some time before finally falling fast asleep.
__________________
After some time away, looking to get back into gaming here.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old Jul 22nd, 2010, 12:04 AM
ShadowcatX's Avatar
ShadowcatX ShadowcatX is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 29th, 2023
RPXP: 5568
ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX
Posts: 4,524


The next morning comes very early for everyone. The mules are hitched to the wagon, which true to the Brother's word has a cage in it that looks big enough to hold a person, though it isn't tall enough to allow a person to stand up right and not large enough to allow them to sit. The wagon also has a good quantity of salt pork and hardtack wait you as traveling food.

Finding an old road that hasn't over grown you're able to make good time toward your destination and midday finds you at the Wynarn River. The river runs strong and fast and the bridges have guards stationed at both ends, checking the papers of those who would pass through. You're certain that the cage will draw attention to you but the guards wave you through with not even a glance at your papers. It seems you were expected.

Dusk sees you arriving in the town of Redleaf. While small in comparison to a metropolis such as Fairhaven or Sharn, Redleaf is still vastly superior to your Windshire. The gates of the town, normally left open even at night are about to close as you approach and you are lucky to have made it in. Guards give you strange glances, but direct you to a local inn.

As you make your way to the nearest Inn, you pass by a weapon shop and an apothecary shop, both closed for the night but sure to be open by morning. In the sole window of the weapon shop rests an image, crudely drawn, of a weapon piercing a werewolf's breast, with "Silver Weapons sold here." written below.

The Pious Dragon Inn is large since Redleaf is a popular stopping point on a fairly well used and maintained trade road belonging to House Orien. The image of a blink dog hanging above its door proudly proclaims this inn as being owned and operated by House Ghallanda, for which you are very thankful when you open the door and smell roasting duck. Each room and meal sets you back only 15 silver pieces, and they even agree to stable your mules and take care of your wagon for you.

As you walk through the inn you can feel an air of oppression hanging over the people here, though the men and women at the inn pay you little mind.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old Jul 22nd, 2010, 04:10 AM
Peter172's Avatar
Peter172 Peter172 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 22nd, 2022
RPXP: 12475
Peter172 Peter172 Peter172 Peter172 Peter172 Peter172 Peter172 Peter172 Peter172 Peter172 Peter172
Posts: 9,253
Well I'm sure you all are grateful for the rest and the food. Nalus said jovially. It's a shame we have to wait until morning to visit the shops, but i guess we cannot leave until you all have rested anyways

Nalus had come to recognize the need for food and rest in the races of the flesh long ago, so he remained patient and waited. Patience was something he had become very long on, since having to wait around all night while everyone else slept had become common practice for him.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old Jul 22nd, 2010, 11:26 AM
IrishKatt's Avatar
IrishKatt IrishKatt is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 29th, 2023
RPXP: 1645
IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt
Posts: 2,863
Aliandrah smiles as she looks around the inn. She had only heard tales of the great House Ghallandra, but had never stopped in one to look for herself. Silver weapons, just what they would need to slay a beast, sadly Aliandrah had no use for weapons. She was more interested in perfecting her mind, and the ability to get inside of other people's minds. Tonight would prove to be a rather fortuitous one. A night in a nice inn, and good food. Walking to a table Aliandrah sits down, and waits for a house Ghallandra member to come over and serve her.
__________________

Natural 20's:15
Natural 1's: 3
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:39 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB