Game Thread Chapter 1: Something Wicked - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Touch of Prophecy
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old Jul 24th, 2010, 04:39 PM
Cidolfas's Avatar
Cidolfas Cidolfas is offline
TGWTWSA
Event Judge
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 4th, 2016
RPXP: 7727
Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas
Posts: 5,418
Ugren let the others speak as he watched events unfold, one hand resting near his crossbow just in case. His mind raced furiously as he tried to come to grips with what had happened. He had not been suspicious about the events until they were brought to his attention, but now he was starting to wonder. The thought of treachery turned his thoughts to his family. They would probably know what secrets were being kept, or bribe it out of someone. He despised acting or thinking like them, but they needed information. The dwarf leaned over the table and began whispering to his new companions. "Maybe we could offer a few coin to loosen some tongues, someone might 'ave seen or 'eard something."
__________________
After some time away, looking to get back into gaming here.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old Jul 25th, 2010, 03:45 PM
oogoa oogoa is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 24th, 2011
RPXP: 61
oogoa
Posts: 95
Koralask said nothing, but his face darkened, and he stood, very slowly, glancing towards his sister, making sure she was safe. Glancing at his companions, he saw the dwarf inch for his crossbow. Taking a cue from him, Koralask, putting his hands behind his back, extended the claws that had lain dormant for so long. Nervously, he began backing towards Aliandrah. He smiled at the townsfolk, that same scared awkward grin he had favored his other companions with.
__________________
"There's no such thing as fighting dirty and fighting clean. There's fighting, and then there's losing."

Last edited by oogoa; Jul 25th, 2010 at 03:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old Jul 26th, 2010, 11:24 PM
ShadowcatX's Avatar
ShadowcatX ShadowcatX is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 21st, 2023
RPXP: 5568
ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX
Posts: 4,524
The big man smiles and grabs a chair, pulling it over to your table. "That's good to hear, it is. I'm John, I'm one of the initiates to the Gatekeepers sect in these parts. If'n you need any help from the druids, you just let 'em know that John said ta help ya. It won't do ya no good most likely, but it won't do you no harm, neither.

Now the way I see things, you've got a few people to visit with, local law enforcement will be glad for your help, and for your hunters' license fee if you haven't already paid it.

Thorester and Victakain, they run the apothecary shop down the road, they're the ones who found the body, on their way back from Varna. They're the ones who figured out it was a werewolf who'd done the lady in from what I hear.

Course those 'uns are just off the top of ma head, there's plenty more people you could ask there's been 'bout 3 or 4 people gone missin' from 'round here in town in the past couple of months, and everyone's got a theory. Course they disappeared from town, so they may not be from tha werewolf.

But please, pardon me for tellin ya your business and not lettin y'all get a word in edge wise. Its just excitin' is all, real live werewolf hunters in my town. And one of 'em marked, all the way from the swamps most likely, eh? Where are y'all from? What brings y'all ta here, to hunt this werewolf? There's plenty of 'em around these parts I'm certain."


Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old Jul 27th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Cidolfas's Avatar
Cidolfas Cidolfas is offline
TGWTWSA
Event Judge
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 4th, 2016
RPXP: 7727
Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas
Posts: 5,418
The dwarf shook his head firmly while never taking his eyes from the newcomer. "My thanks, but me'thinks that time be important. Pleasantries will 'ave to wait." He turned to the rest of the group before continuing. "I say we split up and ask around. I'd rather not wait for some other unfortunate to lose their life. Let us start afore things get any worse 'round here" After finishing he continued looking around the tavern for any signs of potential trouble. The situation was clearly making him nervous as his gaze frequently fell on the exit.
__________________
After some time away, looking to get back into gaming here.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old Jul 27th, 2010, 05:27 PM
mad_gondsman's Avatar
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman is offline
Solemn Golem
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 21st, 2023
RPXP: 30622
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman
Posts: 10,325
Fraela watches as Nalus addresses the tavern... slapping a hand over her face to rub at her eyes as if she can't believe what she just saw.

"Great..." she grumbles, matching Aymeric's dry appraisal of the situation. "Well... now that the whole damn town knows what we're about..." she growls "... we'll be lucky to find anyone willing to talk without fear of ending up like their Aaron." She knew the warforged meant well but that doesn't dampen her frustration.

People are dumb, panicky animals, especially when they're spooked. Her comrades were no exception, it seemed...

When the big man approaches and introduces himself, she sits back and tries to somewhat distance herself from her tactless companions' behavior.

"Well, I wouldn't say we're werewolf hunters, John." she says sardonically, sitting sideways in her chair, waving lazily at their guest. "By the looks of it we're just a bunch of loudmouthed travelers stirring up a fuss, but I hope you don't hold that against us."

At the dwarf's suggestion that they split up, she waves in acknowledgement but doesn't rise. They were fortunate to find someone so willingly to expose their hand, much as Nalus exposed theirs. Besides... her talents were put to best use where she sat. There was a process to solving a crime and she was going to take it step by step... beginning with the slain woman.

"No need for apologies, friend." she says as she slides an unclaimed ale to John. "We appreciate the information. Thorester and Victakain..." she says, committing the names to memory.

"I'd say that I'm more interested in the murders. That the culprits are believed to be weres is just a lead. What do you know about the behavior of werewolves, John?" she asks, leaning forward and paying a great deal of interest in their newest acquaintance.

"My people and the Gatekeepers have worked together to the advantage of both parties in the past... maybe we can honor the tradition and keep this thing going?" she says with a wink, lifting her mug to him.


Last edited by mad_gondsman; Jul 27th, 2010 at 05:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old Jul 27th, 2010, 06:41 PM
Peter172's Avatar
Peter172 Peter172 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 22nd, 2022
RPXP: 12475
Peter172 Peter172 Peter172 Peter172 Peter172 Peter172 Peter172 Peter172 Peter172 Peter172 Peter172
Posts: 9,253
One thing that John said stood out above all others to Nalus. "You say you are certain there are plenty of werewolves around here? What makes you so certain? I was under the impression that they were all...destroyed by the priests of the Flame. "Nalus looked at the man with his head slightly tilted in an inquisitive posture.

"I was created in Breland, and I have come to hunt a werewolf. A single werewolf. Though I cannot in any way be considered a werewolf hunter, but I am sworn to fight the encroaching evil in whatever form it may take. If there is more than one we will certainly need to be cautious. The creatures are powerful, if what I know of them holds true." Nalus was more concerned than ever now. They awakened to find all the silver weapons gone, and now they find out there are "many" werewolves to deal with. He was thankful that he was impervious to the disease of lycanthropy, but was fairly certain that his travelling companions weren't.

"Where is the apothecary? We must speak to the witnesses." Another thought occurs to Nalus, Did you mention something about a license? Nalus found the comment most unusual, for if they were here to help the good folks in this village, then why would they need to purchase a license to hunt a werewolf...or pack of the foul beasts?
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old Jul 28th, 2010, 12:21 AM
ShadowcatX's Avatar
ShadowcatX ShadowcatX is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 21st, 2023
RPXP: 5568
ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX ShadowcatX
Posts: 4,524
John nods towards the dwarf. He pointedly ignores the dwarf, and the kalashtar's nervousness and their hands slipping to, or forming, weaponry. "A man of action, not wanting to sit around all day like lady folk fussin. I like that. Of course, no offense ta the lady folk neither, never met a lady werewolf hunter 'fore, 'course, never met a guy werewolf hunter 'fore neither. "

His eyes turn to the young woman and he smiles, lifting the ale to his lips. "You're right about the tradition of my sect workin with your family, Yllaonna talks about her time in the marshes, and your family, with great respect. All us Gatewardens honor the ties between us.

I don't know much about werewolves, just the stories of how horrible the beasts are and how the Silver Flame saved the world by wiping 'em out. I also know they missed a few, here and there, especially here in the Reaches, its a big place and there's many a place a person, or a beast, can go and loose themselves and never be found."


His eyes shift to the warforged and he holds up his hands as if to settle it down. "That's all I meant, the Reaches are a big place, and they're filled with things that go bump in the night, not just werewolves, though don't doubt that there's more than a few in the uncivilized parts of the world. Course, we gatekeepers don't take kindly to slobbering monsters wantin to rip us limb from limb neither, even if'n they ain't aberrations.

Oh, and the apothecary's right down this main road, 'bout a block or so and on the left. As to the license, its one of the city's rules if you're going to be nosing about and asking questions, examinin crime scenes and generally causing a stir they want to know you're not out to scare off trade and that you ain't goin ta faint dead away if you do find somethin bad."[/b]

Having already finished his ale John stands and stretches. "But ma grove ain't gonna tend itself. I'd best be headin out. If'n y'all need any help from the Gatewardens just ask for me, I'll help ya however I can. And I'm usually in here every 2 or 3 days gettin a bit of the chill outta these old bones, not as young as I used ta be." He nods his head and heads to the door, stopping briefly to exchange pleasantries with a couple people at various tables as he passes by. The man is apparently well known and well liked.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old Jul 28th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Cherubaddon's Avatar
Cherubaddon Cherubaddon is offline
Laputan Machine
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 4th, 2021
RPXP: 1567
Cherubaddon Cherubaddon Cherubaddon Cherubaddon Cherubaddon Cherubaddon Cherubaddon Cherubaddon Cherubaddon Cherubaddon Cherubaddon
Posts: 1,363
Glad and more than a little surprised that things went so peacefully, Aymeric leans back again, taking up the piece of wood and idly carving it while examining the situation. As much as he appreciates a calm, analytical approach, it seems that they should get going; it is better to rectify plans during their execution - at least, one is already up and acting and not drinking ale while pondering pros and cons. Besides, he needs some air after all the lycanphobia. "Saved the world by wiping em out"... nonsense. By what I recall, when the Aundarian did that, the responsible was accused of war crimes. Rightfully so. Inwardly cursing all fanatics, he takes another sip of ale, grimacing at having forgotten he didn't like it the first time, and slides his hunting knife back into his belt. "Well," he says, looking around his companions, "I agree with Ugren. Let's see what we can get out of the townsfolk." Especially the ones who don't already know what we are up to. He rises, adjusting the broad blade on his back and flexing the joints of his gauntleted left hand, casting a glance around to see if anyone will join him. "When shall we meet back here?"
__________________
Things without all Remedy should be without Regard. - Shakespeare, Macbeth

On holidays until mid-January. Apologies for intermittent posting.

Last edited by Cherubaddon; Jul 28th, 2010 at 11:51 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old Jul 28th, 2010, 12:41 PM
mad_gondsman's Avatar
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman is offline
Solemn Golem
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 21st, 2023
RPXP: 30622
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman
Posts: 10,325
"It might take a few hours to get anything useful... around noon?" Fraela suggests, rising from her seat and situating the leather sap in her sash after bidding John thanks and farewell. She makes it apparent that she'd like to speak to him more but she doesn't press him to stay. "Good luck, though. It seems like everyone has tight lips around here... except Nalus." she says, ending with a wink and a nudge to their purified forged companion before she grabs her belongings and steps away from the table.

With an adjustment of her pack and her bandoleers, she steps into the street, stomps her feet to settle her boots, and surveys the area for any local law men...

"I plan on inquiring about one of those licenses, too. I don't expect they should have long lines gauging from the slumped shoulders and general air of defeat here..."

Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old Jul 28th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Peter172's Avatar
Peter172 Peter172 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 22nd, 2022
RPXP: 12475
Peter172 Peter172 Peter172 Peter172 Peter172 Peter172 Peter172 Peter172 Peter172 Peter172 Peter172
Posts: 9,253
"Well, my first priority is to obtain the proper permit before I can ask around, so I'll be heading to the city hall to obtain one. I hope all of you will do the same. It may lead to more trouble if we do not follow the proper procedures, and the last thing we need more of right now is trouble."

Nalus heads out after Fraela with a quick, but measured gait. He smooths his vesments down as he walks out into the sunshine.

Fraela! Nalus calls out as he increases his speed to catch up. I too am going to inquire about the license. May I join you? We should travel in groups in times as dangerous as these...not that I mean you are in need of my protection you understand.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old Jul 28th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Cidolfas's Avatar
Cidolfas Cidolfas is offline
TGWTWSA
Event Judge
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 4th, 2016
RPXP: 7727
Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas
Posts: 5,418
The dwarf nodded his farewell to those still sitting and quickly stood as well. Watching Nalus and Fraela leave he looked at Aymeric. "Ya ready there mate? Noon sounds as good a time as any." Hopefully the man would take the lead in the conversations, but either way it would be good to get to know one of his companions a bit better. He had never enetered battle with another soul by his side, and was unsure he liked challenging a werewolf with a bunch of relative strangers.
__________________
After some time away, looking to get back into gaming here.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old Jul 29th, 2010, 08:19 AM
Saidande's Avatar
Saidande Saidande is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 14th, 2016
RPXP: 774
Saidande Saidande Saidande Saidande Saidande Saidande Saidande
Posts: 1,451
Minharath begins looking at the shops. He had something very specific in mind.

"Does anyone here sell Silversheen?" He asked.

"My blades will need it to cut though the hide of a werewolf"
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old Jul 29th, 2010, 01:30 PM
Cherubaddon's Avatar
Cherubaddon Cherubaddon is offline
Laputan Machine
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 4th, 2021
RPXP: 1567
Cherubaddon Cherubaddon Cherubaddon Cherubaddon Cherubaddon Cherubaddon Cherubaddon Cherubaddon Cherubaddon Cherubaddon Cherubaddon
Posts: 1,363
"Ready," Aymeric says, glad to have some company. He gives the others a short nod before turning around, the door gliding open silently at a wave of his hand, to close just as silently behind them.

"Phew, good to be out of there," the Q'barran sighs, stretching his back, before looking down at the dwarf: "I don't know about you, Ugren, but I can't stand this kind of fanatic." He casts a glance around the street, trying to get his bearings. "Sooo," he says at length, "any ideas? I think with two licensed investigators, it might be a good idea for us to get the other side of things... undercover, so to speak." And because it'll be a sane day in Xoriat before I take orders from a church statue come to life, he adds quietly to himself. "I suggest the apothecary... I wanted to go looking for some pipeweed anyhow, that should give us a good excuse."
__________________
Things without all Remedy should be without Regard. - Shakespeare, Macbeth

On holidays until mid-January. Apologies for intermittent posting.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old Jul 29th, 2010, 01:55 PM
Cidolfas's Avatar
Cidolfas Cidolfas is offline
TGWTWSA
Event Judge
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 4th, 2016
RPXP: 7727
Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas Cidolfas
Posts: 5,418
Ugren thought about Aymeric's suggestion for a moment before nodding. "Aye, undercover sounds good. Though you may 'ave to take the lead as I'm not familiar with the, uh, subtleties o' more civilized life." He continued walking while taking the various local folk. "I don't know about you but the sooner we get to our job the better. Oh well, which way to your pipeweed shop?" He gave the man a sidelong grin and a hearty pat on the back.
__________________
After some time away, looking to get back into gaming here.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old Jul 29th, 2010, 04:44 PM
mad_gondsman's Avatar
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman is offline
Solemn Golem
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 21st, 2023
RPXP: 30622
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman
Posts: 10,325
Quote:
I too am going to inquire about the license. May I join you? We should travel in groups in times as dangerous as these...not that I mean you are in need of my protection you understand.
Fraela initially winces as she strikes out from the rest of the group, thinking that her questioning would go so much better without the stubbornly stalwart warforged (or the culture shocked kalashtar) along... but gives a good natured smile, regardless.

"Sure thing... as long as you don't go spooking the herd." she says with a chuckle. "People are on edge around here, as it is." she says, looking earnestly to Nalus. "If they feel at ease, they're typically more willing to tell you what you want to hear." she says as they look for a law officer to inquire about a license.

"I'll make an Inquisitive out of you yet..." she says, grinning.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:01 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB