Game Thread Chapter 1.8: Leaving for Karrnath - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Out of Retirement
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 07:55 PM
Pilgrim's Avatar
Pilgrim Pilgrim is offline
Rogue Economist
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 28th, 2011
RPXP: 812
Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim
Posts: 1,519
"It seems to be a message recorder of some kind. It's like a standard magic mouth spell, but not... one trigger word lets you record a message, while another plays it back. I have no idea what the trigger words may be. I could try activating the item, if you'd like..." he glances around, "but I recommend a place more private than an inn's common room."
__________________
Rise of the Runelords - GM | Black Match - Casey Lyons

Last edited by Pilgrim; Jan 6th, 2011 at 07:55 PM.
  #17  
Old Jan 7th, 2011, 09:07 PM
Huhart's Avatar
Huhart Huhart is offline
Foolish Mortal
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 1st, 2023
RPXP: 14491
Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart
Posts: 4,120
"That thing is actually useful?" Phineus looks quite surprised. "I thought it was a salt shaker. I guess our little trip wasn't a complete waste of time."

Responding to Kelvin's earlier statement, Phin adds, "Don't worry, Harold and I aren't leaving, though I would hate to risk him in combat. Besides, we are some of the most powerful magic users on this plane. Who would mess with us?" He looks thoughtful for a moment, "Other than Emerald Claw, that is."
  #18  
Old Jan 7th, 2011, 11:00 PM
MorganLockbreaker's Avatar
MorganLockbreaker MorganLockbreaker is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 24th, 2011
RPXP: 128
MorganLockbreaker MorganLockbreaker
Posts: 67
I'll try to keep a protective extract handy for Harold. Kelvin turns to Barrett, I found the orb with Logan's ledger. You were close with him. Any ideas on a trigger word?
__________________
"In the action business, when you don't want to say you ran like a mouse, you call it 'taking cover.' It's more heroic." Jim Butcher (Dead Beat)
I'm a blogger. Go figure. http://marshallsgeekblog.blogspot.com/
  #19  
Old Jan 8th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Aosaw's Avatar
Aosaw Aosaw is offline
she/they
Event Judge  

Former Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 9th, 2023
RPXP: 8955
Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw
Posts: 10,128
Last NightRoc returned to his room, and closed the door tightly. "That was fun," he said; but there were tears in his eyes.

It was Dawn, more than anything. Seeing her, and remembering that the last time he saw her she was turning away from him; not out of anger, but of shame.

Out of the darkness, a voice. "Hello, Roc." Calm, soothing; Roc knew that voice, he remembered it well.

"No," he breathed. "It can't be."

"Been along time, friend." The figure in the dark rose out of his chair - Roc's chair, properly - and stepped forward, the candles illuminating his face. "Catch me up, then. What does a traitor do for twenty-five years when his company deserts him?"


"Try 'Ghost Sound'," said a voice from the end of the table; and suddenly, where there had been empty air, there now stood a man - an elven man, with darkening features and the clothes of a House Valenar Healer. His hair had lines of silver in it, but his eyes were the same thickening pools of black that they were on the day that he died.

Fern Daegan, the wielder of the Blackwand. Sitting down to breakfast. "Good to see you all again," he said, smiling. "But I can tell not everyone is here. Where are Dawn and Roc?" His eyes flickered to Barrett, but he said nothing.
  #20  
Old Jan 8th, 2011, 01:00 PM
Pilgrim's Avatar
Pilgrim Pilgrim is offline
Rogue Economist
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 28th, 2011
RPXP: 812
Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim
Posts: 1,519
Andreal inhales sharply, staring at the elf, but his voice is calm as always. "You look well, for a corpse. How did this happen?"
__________________
Rise of the Runelords - GM | Black Match - Casey Lyons
  #21  
Old Jan 8th, 2011, 09:55 PM
Aosaw's Avatar
Aosaw Aosaw is offline
she/they
Event Judge  

Former Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 9th, 2023
RPXP: 8955
Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw
Posts: 10,128
"How does anything happen?" asks Daega. "How do you walk, or eat, or breathe?" He nods at the recorder. "Have you tried saying 'Play'?"
  #22  
Old Jan 9th, 2011, 10:12 PM
Acheron's Avatar
Acheron Acheron is offline
Dancer in Darkness
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 8th, 2011
RPXP: 128
Acheron Acheron
Posts: 71
***Cole (middleaged)***

Cole glanced up suddenly, his attention torn away from his food and whatever other thought was going through his head at the time. He stared for a moment at the newest arrival, surprised only slightly because he hadn't the ability to hear the approach, if there was one.

"Daega?" Cole had heard that their deceased friend would be joining them, although this particular way was a little more eerie than the changeling had guessed it would be. "You haven't changed much." he said making an obvious observation.
  #23  
Old Jan 9th, 2011, 11:08 PM
Huhart's Avatar
Huhart Huhart is offline
Foolish Mortal
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 1st, 2023
RPXP: 14491
Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart
Posts: 4,120
"I see you're as enigmatic as ever, old friend," Phin tells Daega. He pats the elf on the shoulder, as much out of comradery as to proof he's really there.
  #24  
Old Jan 10th, 2011, 12:28 AM
MorganLockbreaker's Avatar
MorganLockbreaker MorganLockbreaker is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 24th, 2011
RPXP: 128
MorganLockbreaker MorganLockbreaker
Posts: 67
Kelvin calls for a pitcher of ale. He studies* Daega for a while, deep in thought. After the pitcher arives, he pours himself a mug and promptly drains it. Putting the mug back down and addressing Daega, he says, I owe you a bottle of brandy, Daega. While you were away the War did end, but Cyre was most definitely not the victor.

Dice *Knowledge Arcana to determine how he could be alive.:
1d20+18 (11)+18 Total = 29
__________________
"In the action business, when you don't want to say you ran like a mouse, you call it 'taking cover.' It's more heroic." Jim Butcher (Dead Beat)
I'm a blogger. Go figure. http://marshallsgeekblog.blogspot.com/
  #25  
Old Jan 10th, 2011, 12:46 AM
PsionicRanger's Avatar
PsionicRanger PsionicRanger is offline
Ancient Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 27th, 2016
RPXP: 429
PsionicRanger PsionicRanger PsionicRanger PsionicRanger PsionicRanger
Posts: 902
Eyes all through the tavern begin to get a little uneasy at Kelvin's words. The lines around Barrett's eyes get a little darker. Kelvin, let's not forget ourselves and where we are right now, old friend. Also, don't you think it's a little early to start drinking? The sun's only been out for a couple of hours old, friend, Then speaking to the people around him that are all throwing glares at the halfling, Barrett says, Don't mind him getting a little senile at his old age... Then turning back to the party, Friends, our horses are ready, so I suggest we leave now; we can look more closely at our newly acquired trinket on the road, but I'll meet your outside of the Northern gate in 2 hours. Collect your things; our horses will be there. Any other items you need to acquire for a long journey, I suggest you take them. Any questions?

__________________
A Mindflayer is a terrible thing to waste
  #26  
Old Jan 10th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Aosaw's Avatar
Aosaw Aosaw is offline
she/they
Event Judge  

Former Staff
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 9th, 2023
RPXP: 8955
Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw Aosaw
Posts: 10,128
"Just one," said Daega, leaning back in his chair. "But it can wait."
  #27  
Old Jan 11th, 2011, 02:32 AM
Pilgrim's Avatar
Pilgrim Pilgrim is offline
Rogue Economist
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 28th, 2011
RPXP: 812
Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim Pilgrim
Posts: 1,519
Gesturing at the sphere, Andreal says, "I'll try some of those words on our way. In the meantime, I need to clean up and get packed. I'll see you at the north gate in two hours."
__________________
Rise of the Runelords - GM | Black Match - Casey Lyons
  #28  
Old Jan 11th, 2011, 12:00 PM
MorganLockbreaker's Avatar
MorganLockbreaker MorganLockbreaker is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 24th, 2011
RPXP: 128
MorganLockbreaker MorganLockbreaker
Posts: 67
Kelvin puts on his pack and drops some coins for the ale,I'm ready to go. Kelvin then looks at Cole, Cole, are you ready?
__________________
"In the action business, when you don't want to say you ran like a mouse, you call it 'taking cover.' It's more heroic." Jim Butcher (Dead Beat)
I'm a blogger. Go figure. http://marshallsgeekblog.blogspot.com/
  #29  
Old Jan 11th, 2011, 11:38 PM
Huhart's Avatar
Huhart Huhart is offline
Foolish Mortal
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 1st, 2023
RPXP: 14491
Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart
Posts: 4,120
"I'd better go check on the horses. Knowing Barrett, Kelvin and I will be riding little white ponies with their manes up in curls and ribbons in the tails." Phin rolls his eyes.

"Come on, Harold, looks like you'll be walking. Don't look at me like that! You need the exercise, you fat ape!" This is the last you can make out as Phineus and Harold leaves the place.
  #30  
Old Jan 11th, 2011, 11:42 PM
Acheron's Avatar
Acheron Acheron is offline
Dancer in Darkness
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 8th, 2011
RPXP: 128
Acheron Acheron
Posts: 71
***Cole***

"Yes." Cole said to the halfling as he finished his food. "Although I might have to do a quick change, there are still some places on this continent that I am not welcome. Do You have any suggestions?" The Changling said as he stood. He slung the rather light pack at his feet onto his shoulder then dropped a few coins onto the table to mirror his friend's previous action.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:48 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB