Game Thread Pranks and Pitfalls - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Band of Misfits
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old Dec 13th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Frogman's Avatar
Frogman Frogman is offline
Oh not again
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 18th, 2020
RPXP: 1567
Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman
Posts: 2,122
What else do you expect me to call you when you don't introduce yourself? Soilir says brushing the hand off her head, You're dressed like the villain in a fairy tale. Somebody like you would obviously not want to be known for the incredibly touchably soft curse that you're under. I assumed that calling attention to it would get your attention.

So now that we're all on the same page how about we exchange names, or barring that stop acting crazy and focus on getting out of this insane place?
__________________
What is a funnybone sandwich?
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old Dec 13th, 2011, 01:55 PM
Still_Pond's Avatar
Still_Pond Still_Pond is offline
Insert User Title Here.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 29th, 2023
RPXP: 30114
Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond
Posts: 15,179
The little pooka is just so cute when she's trying to get everyone to behave, like a cute little momma bunny. Guiness doesn't move from his little nook, but he does speak, his languid voice hissing from the darkness. "I have already introdusssed myssself." ssSimple mindsss need repetition it ssseemssss.

"My name is Guinessss. I am an ormu telepath. I am to bring thisss cloak to ssSeer'sss Point. The curssse sssseemsss to have transformed my vision. Everything iss colorsss and much too bright."
__________________
((()))


Last edited by Still_Pond; Dec 13th, 2011 at 01:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old Dec 13th, 2011, 02:10 PM
sammichweasel's Avatar
sammichweasel sammichweasel is offline
Aged Cheddar
Newsletter Staff  

Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 27th, 2022
RPXP: 14960
sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel
Posts: 14,105
The gnoll scratches at his mangy fur, trying to remember if he had introduced himself. He can't, so he hedges on the safe side. His growl is the first semblance of a word since the en-dog-ifying. "Garrrrrr."
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old Dec 13th, 2011, 03:03 PM
Frogman's Avatar
Frogman Frogman is offline
Oh not again
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 18th, 2020
RPXP: 1567
Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman
Posts: 2,122
Yes I remember you two, Guiness, Garr, (I think the little goblin there is Tinkerer). I'm Soilir and I'm sure you can tell what my curse is. Like Guiness here I was sent to retrieve an artifact and bring it to Seer's Point by the tight-wads in my village. I don't know why they wanted me but I suspect it was to get rid of me...anyway you are? Soilir notices the eyes on her hand and moves over to the growling gnoll-dog to resume scratching behind his ear. Well, he did do like I asked...may as well keep the promise.
__________________
What is a funnybone sandwich?
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old Dec 14th, 2011, 09:05 AM
Caput's Avatar
Caput Caput is offline
Guy 5/Corpse 10/Lich 5
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 31st, 2016
RPXP: 807
Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput
Posts: 2,655
Vell puts her hands on her hips. "I'm not dressed like a villain, I'm just dressed like a serious warrior! It's a big difference, 'cause it means we could be getting along fine if you'd just asked nicely. Now shut it. The rest of you, I'm Vell of Terelae. Guessing you haven't heard of me, being all kinds of folk like you are. I'm going to seers point too." She pauses when she notices what Gar and Soilir are doing. That... has to be the first time I ever saw a cute gnoll."
__________________
Ingle Land?
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old Dec 14th, 2011, 10:21 AM
sammichweasel's Avatar
sammichweasel sammichweasel is offline
Aged Cheddar
Newsletter Staff  

Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 27th, 2022
RPXP: 14960
sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel
Posts: 14,105
Cute. Cute! She just called Garr cute!

... IS Garr cute now? He can't tell. OOOooooooOOOh that's the spot.

He tries to glare at Vell, but can't get the dopey, satisfied grin off his face as his leg involuntarily thumps in time with the skritches. He does point to his book, and manage to talk, if just a little bit. "Cookbook. Book... to cook. Rr. Take to Pointy Seer."
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old Dec 14th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Frogman's Avatar
Frogman Frogman is offline
Oh not again
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 18th, 2020
RPXP: 1567
Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman
Posts: 2,122
Honestly that's a first for me too... Soilir says while continuing to scratch she steals a couple more glances at Vell, Vell, I'm sorry we got off to a poor start. Soilir gently tugs on one of her earsAs you can see I've had a bit of a shock so...yes...er...that's a nice mace surrounded by tormented souls...
__________________
What is a funnybone sandwich?
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old Dec 14th, 2011, 06:27 PM
JonnyGulliver's Avatar
JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver is offline
You remind me of the Babe
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 28th, 2023
RPXP: 10541
JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver
Posts: 7,552
Nonchalantly, Tinkerer dopily wanders toward the Garr-opened door, grabbing at Vell with one hand as he walks by, sucking the thumb of his other. "FuzzyWuzzy Vell. Tryses too hard to be toughie. Is too cutie. Sad for moose-thing." Like a sleepy child with a stuffy, he wanders through the door without any concern.
Opposed Grapple, to avoid being dragged into room w/ Tink
Dice Roll:
1d20 9
__________________
Canni hear a Woop-Woop?

Last edited by JonnyGulliver; Dec 14th, 2011 at 06:41 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old Dec 15th, 2011, 10:24 PM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,586
The door is shoved open with heroic might, sending a small cloud of dust wriggling past you. Beyond is an octogonal room, with a ledge 5 feet up from the ground at the other end, and two ramps leading up it on either side. Two pillars stand in the middle of the room, looking impressive and such.

Your eyes, however, are drawn to a ring of yellow stone, floating in midair at the top of the shrine. It's currently spinning about slowly, and as you watch, a large canid(a wolf, you think) materializes mid-leap in the middle of the ring, landing with a slight thud on the ground. It's dressed in an odd leather barding of sorts, as if it were meant to look regal and imposing.

A piece of parchment flutters in mid air in front of you, with the message "I maaaay have activated the temple guards too. You'll be fine, right?" in Elven. A second wolf leaps out of the Summoning Ring as the message flaps to the ground. You really need to speak with whomever made this shrine, and tell them to leave the deathtraps out of their next edifice.
OOCInitiative + Actions! There's currently two summoned wolves, plus the Summoning Ring. On the Map, Black lines are walls, Grey lines are obstructions(in this case, the ledge/pillars), Blue lines are doors. I forgot to make Tink/Soilir/Skog small on this map, but it'll be fixed next round.

 
 
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.

Last edited by Fragmaster01; Dec 15th, 2011 at 10:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old Dec 15th, 2011, 11:00 PM
sammichweasel's Avatar
sammichweasel sammichweasel is offline
Aged Cheddar
Newsletter Staff  

Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 27th, 2022
RPXP: 14960
sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel sammichweasel
Posts: 14,105
Dice Init:
1d20+3 (1)+3 Total = 4
Without thinking, Garr leaps towards the nearest wolf and gets to work! Wolves are not particularly tasty, but Garr knows a nice oyster of meat towards their spine that cooks up beautifully. He tries to extract that with a quick
Dice swipe:
1d20+9 (6)+9 Total = 15
Dice pain:
1d6+7 (3)+7 Total = 10
swipe of his claws.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old Dec 15th, 2011, 11:21 PM
Frogman's Avatar
Frogman Frogman is offline
Oh not again
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 18th, 2020
RPXP: 1567
Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman Frogman
Posts: 2,122
Initiative:
Dice Roll:
1d20+3 (4)+3 Total = 7
That's just lovely...
Soilir mumbles with all of the understated irritation of an overworked secretary. She focuses on Garr and Garr gets my ward +2 deflection to AC and +2 to all saves (ends when hit by something)places a protective ward on him before taking a step back.
__________________
What is a funnybone sandwich?
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old Dec 15th, 2011, 11:33 PM
Still_Pond's Avatar
Still_Pond Still_Pond is offline
Insert User Title Here.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 29th, 2023
RPXP: 30114
Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond Still_Pond
Posts: 15,179
 


Guiness casually listens to the banter between the others, choosing to stay out of it himself. He moves away a bit more as the big strong people open the door. Looking past all the brightly colored auras he tries to see what is in the room beyond. Some kind of magical paper floats down and he tries to read what is on it. Beyond that is the brightly colored floating disk that radiates odd wisps of energy. The the wolves come in their rainbow spender. At leassst I'm in the rear. he thinks to himself gratefully.

He unslings his little black crossbow and loads a bolt into it. He cranks it back and aims, but everybody is in the way. He decides to hold the bolt for later, and instead focuses on the closest wolf. He watches it, and as soon as the creature gets close enough, he'll scramble it's brain.

 
__________________
((()))

Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old Dec 16th, 2011, 01:14 PM
Caput's Avatar
Caput Caput is offline
Guy 5/Corpse 10/Lich 5
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 31st, 2016
RPXP: 807
Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput Caput
Posts: 2,655
Vell grins at Soilir behind her helmet, allowing Tinkerer to drag her away. "That's ok. You noticed the souls? Most people don't. It's ok, they're not that tormented. Half the time they're just mopy and irritable.".

 


When she realises things are about to turn violent, Vell strides up to the front of the group, striking a dramatic pose and spinning her flail over her head. "If whoever set these things on us can hear me, you should know you're messing with the mighty Vell, champion of the town of Terelea, who fights beside the furious spirits of the dead!"

OOCReadying an action to smack anything she can reach that attacks the party.
__________________
Ingle Land?
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old Dec 17th, 2011, 06:20 AM
JonnyGulliver's Avatar
JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver is offline
You remind me of the Babe
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 28th, 2023
RPXP: 10541
JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver JonnyGulliver
Posts: 7,552
 


Seeing some big bad wolfies in dandy armor barely fazes the gobbokid, who thinks as of thus far, this temple as been a Magical Journey through Wonderland. "YAAA-SIES! MORE FUZZIES!", he shouts, dropping Vell suddenly.

And seeing as this seems to be the absolute worst time to act before EVERYONE, the kid is bounding up to the creatures ready to give the doggies a nice big aqueezie hug before anyone else can stop him, showing indeed the downside to the Curse of Innocence.

Round 1Move: Near 1st summoned wolf
Action:
 



OOC - Can someone PLEASE do an AoO on me?!?
__________________
Canni hear a Woop-Woop?

Last edited by JonnyGulliver; Dec 17th, 2011 at 06:46 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old Dec 17th, 2011, 04:59 PM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,586
 

Tink25
Wolves21
Vell13
Soilir7
Guiness6
Garr4
Tink: The doggy does not appreciate your hug. In fact, he grabs your arm. With his mouth. This isn't too bad, until he whips around, and flings you into the nearby pillar with great force.(4 damage + Prone)

The other wolf leaps forward to cover the first one, so that he can eat the goblin in peace.

Vell: Vell scooches towards Tink, to smack anywolf that tries to eat him further.

Soilir: You focus your mind, and cause a small field of dark red energy to surround him. Garr feels all glowy now.(+2 AC/Saves until next hit)

Guiness: You keep your defensive position, ready to murder any wolf that gets too close.

Garr: There is a doggy here who needs to be taught a lesson. The armor is a bit tough, but you manage to extract the spinal muscles reasonably well. Might have to clean them up later, though, as they're all over the floor.(10 damage + KO)

The ring spits out another wolf, standing on the top of the ledge imperiously.(Monster Summoned)
Round SummaryTink is prone, and painful. There's no one near him, thanks to Garr's vivisection work.
1 wolf remains on the lower level, 1 new one has been summoned up top. The ring and wolves are unharmed.
No map, because I'm traveling. Pretend it makes sense in your mind.
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.

Last edited by Fragmaster01; Dec 17th, 2011 at 05:11 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:03 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB