Game Thread Freedom is Never Free - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > A Fortunately Sinister Tale
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 05:05 PM
zevonian's Avatar
zevonian zevonian is offline
137 NPSG Graduates
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 28th, 2023
RPXP: 44996
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Posts: 40,281
"You know we are free, then you can not call us prisoners."

The orc blood made a show of pulling out his oversized quiver full of spears from the crate. In that way, the elf knew that there was still a good range of motion to be had, despite the shackles. He also noticed he wasn't the only one with unusual weapons. The man next to him had a flask full of something that surely didn't look agreeable. The gloved swordsman thought it best to continue with his words, rather than just break free and throttle the pointy eared weakling.

"You are worried your wife would...kill...you? Would you like us to have words with her?"

He calmly stepped towards the elf, and doing so got closer to his shop, and in effect his woman. "Or you could free us, and neither of you would have us to worry about."


Last edited by zevonian; Sep 9th, 2012 at 05:07 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old Sep 9th, 2012, 05:23 PM
Hitman's Avatar
Hitman Hitman is offline
Gamer At Large
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2014
RPXP: 270
Hitman Hitman Hitman
Posts: 221
Tenzin chuckled at the Orc's proposition. Despite being of different races, temperaments, and disciplines, he and the Orc seemed of one mind. Tenzin began to flip the bomb casually in his hand as he added his voice once again to the Orc's, "We'd be glad to negotiate price with your wife, as I'm sure she's an amenable woman. Or, if it makes you feel better, simply loan us the use of your tools. With my eye and the Orc's arm, we could easily free ourselves and be on our merry way." Tenzin's eyes went from the blacksmith, to the bomb in his hand, and back again, "Or we could always go back my initial suggestion."
__________________
"Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
-The Sniper, Team Fortress 2
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 08:04 AM
Raunchel's Avatar
Raunchel Raunchel is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 18th, 2016
RPXP: 700
Raunchel Raunchel Raunchel Raunchel Raunchel Raunchel Raunchel
Posts: 1,334
Khryssa took a few steps in the direction of the blacksmith, the thin chain she used as a weapon swooshing around her. She said: "Please do cooperate good sir. I am but a delicate girl but my companions can be a bit rough, hihi."
__________________
My homebrew
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 09:57 AM
Alex M's Avatar
Alex M Alex M is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 26th, 2013
RPXP: 312
Alex M Alex M Alex M Alex M
Posts: 304
Nicholas Wilkes

Nicholas stumbles after the others into the blacksmith's shop. Not much choice when you're chained together both hands and feet. Really, all the prisoners had to do was wait a few hours for the guards to have their drinks, then they'd be freed in the course of duty. But patience is a virtue often in want. Either they're going to spend what little gold they've got to be freed, when the guards are bound to do so *for* free, or they're going to threaten and bully and make an enemy unnecessarily. Things are going to get tricky enough. Now, Nicholas is normally a fellow who will wait-and-see his way through most situations. But this is getting out of hand. Spitting quietly on the floor he speaks for the first time:

"Lads, lads, let's all calm down. Now," nodding at the blacksmith, "we can appreciate your apprehension. I'd be nervous too, in face of such fearsome fellows as we all appear to be. And I'd also not like to do work unpaid. But consider our situation: we are chained, yes, but as you heard we are also pardoned. Of course we can wait patiently for the guards to free us, and you can patiently watch us build up quite a grudge against you, out there fettered in the rain and mud; or, and let me stress that this is a better option, you can do a good work, set us free - and surely this is not an expensive operation for you in any respect but pride - and we'll owe you one.

"I don't know about you, but I'd personally take any chance available to have a favor owed me by such a rough and resourceful crew. I can't guarantee that my compatriots won't follow through on their hints and threats, though I hope that they do not. But I can promise you that it's better for all of us to remain congenial and to help each other out here. You might not stand to gain much now - as you can see, we are poor, dirty, and enchained - but it may be handy later to have some friends like us.

"And, if you need any further reason, consider: men such as we are will surely be a steady source of business for you in years to come. Let's call this job a little getting-to-know-you present, shall we?"



Nicholas here pauses, eyeing his companions. Talking won't always do the trick, but sometimes it's the only trick you need. And if not, there's always Plan B. He lets a smile slide across his crooked face and loosens his dagger in its sheath. Waiting would be best, but this crew seems the impatient sort. And Nic is nothing if not adaptable.

Last edited by Alex M; Sep 10th, 2012 at 10:02 AM. Reason: syntax
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Hitman's Avatar
Hitman Hitman is offline
Gamer At Large
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2014
RPXP: 270
Hitman Hitman Hitman
Posts: 221
Tenzin was content to let those around him accentuate his point, building what some would call a group threat to sway the Elf, until the mention of 'owing him one'. As soon as the Human spoke those words, Tenzin screwed up his face, impatiently awaiting him to finish his long-winded argument before speaking loudly and angrily, "Owe him one? Like hell we will! Listen here, Elf, either you remove these shackles or we remove them ourselves
Dice Intimidate Roll:
1d20-1 (6)-1 Total = 5
atop your ashes."
__________________
"Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
-The Sniper, Team Fortress 2
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 10:16 PM
Lord Dankil's Avatar
Lord Dankil Lord Dankil is offline
Juvenile Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 28th, 2013
RPXP: 0
Lord Dankil
Posts: 41
I belive we all could kill you in or out of chains becuase for there is olny on of you,says Aldwyn with a sly smile.
Dice Roll:
1d20 20
intimadate.

Last edited by Lord Dankil; Sep 10th, 2012 at 10:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 11:00 PM
IW2RP's Avatar
IW2RP IW2RP is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 15th, 2013
RPXP: 54
IW2RP
Posts: 389
The elf backed into the shop slowly. He muttered all the way. The level of fear in his voice slowly rising as his price descended to nothing. At last he said frantically.

"Fine! Fine... I'll do it for free... Just... Keep quiet about this."

As you enter the shop you see a number of weapons lining the walls. Across from the door sits a small forge. Near it is an anvil, on top of which sits a small hammer. It is with these tools that the elf breaks your chains. He frequently looks over his shoulder to make sure his wife is not investigating the racket. Soon enough you are all free.

Upon the completion of the task the elf, returning the tools to their places, looks back at you all.

"Your free. Please go now. I need to close shop. It's getting late." He motions to the window. Looking out you notice that it is now dusk. It's much darker now, and many windows glow with lamplight. "You need to get going, I believe you mentioned something about an appointment. You've got a long road ahead of you."
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old Sep 10th, 2012, 11:32 PM
zevonian's Avatar
zevonian zevonian is offline
137 NPSG Graduates
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 28th, 2023
RPXP: 44996
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Posts: 40,281
The orc blood let the rest of those shackled go ahead of him. He stayed at the front entrance of the shop, all the while eyeing the crates for potential robbers. When the others were free, he grunted so that people would know he was coming through.

The second that he was freed of all his chains, he gave a smile. "Thank you. Jamuss will remember you are a...good...man." He placed a small gem, a piece of onyx to be exact, and left the shop without another word.

Back outside, he went back to his crate. The oncoming darkness was no trouble to him, not with his vision. He strapped on his armor and repositioned the rest of his gear. Large sword slung over his shoulder, as opposed to being sheathed, he then looked to the one that read the letter to indicate which way they would go next.

Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 06:22 AM
Raunchel's Avatar
Raunchel Raunchel is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 18th, 2016
RPXP: 700
Raunchel Raunchel Raunchel Raunchel Raunchel Raunchel Raunchel
Posts: 1,334
Khryssa was elated to be free again, the moment that the chains binding her broke she let out a short cry and flipped away from her shackles. The music was strong again, temporarily she lost all sense of time and place as she whirled through the shop. After a few moments the elation seems to have worn off a abit and Khryssa leaps outside where she goes to the crate with her armour which she quickly puts on before dancing again.
__________________
My homebrew
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Alex M's Avatar
Alex M Alex M is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 26th, 2013
RPXP: 312
Alex M Alex M Alex M Alex M
Posts: 304
Nicholas Wilkes

Nicholas shrugs off his chains and thanks the blacksmith before going back outside to finish gathering his equipment. Waiting for the others to ready themselves he speaks: "Big house, center of town, the letter said. Let's go."
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old Sep 11th, 2012, 06:04 PM
jm935's Avatar
jm935 jm935 is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 6th, 2015
RPXP: 937
jm935 jm935 jm935 jm935 jm935 jm935 jm935 jm935
Posts: 671
Zalmoxis

Zalmoxis stumbles along behind the others as they bluster and berate the blacksmith to free them. At least one of them didn't seem to always want a fight. Loosed from the chains, he grabbed his goods and seconded that one's suggestion. "Aye. Let's." He headed toward the town's center, not waiting for the others to follow. Surely they were as impatient as he to get out of this town and on to better things.
__________________
<Leopold & Elizabeth>
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 05:48 AM
Raunchel's Avatar
Raunchel Raunchel is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 18th, 2016
RPXP: 700
Raunchel Raunchel Raunchel Raunchel Raunchel Raunchel Raunchel
Posts: 1,334
Khryssa heard the others speaking about visiting a town hall, this drew her back to her surroundings. She gamboled after the others and said: "We should do that, it is necessary to know what they want of us."
__________________
My homebrew
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 02:32 PM
zevonian's Avatar
zevonian zevonian is offline
137 NPSG Graduates
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 28th, 2023
RPXP: 44996
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Posts: 40,281
Jamuss sheathed his scratched-hilt flachion for the time being. As each of his counterparts got all of their gear out of their respective boxes, he actually took the time to place the lid back on each crate. Making sure no one left anything behind, he then stacked the crates two by two, as if he actually cared that they might be in the way of the townsfolk.

When everyone else was heading off towards another part of town, the orc blood went that way was well. His larger-than-most-men form allowed him to take great strides and walk with the rest of the group with ease.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 09:09 PM
IW2RP's Avatar
IW2RP IW2RP is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 15th, 2013
RPXP: 54
IW2RP
Posts: 389
The house is easy to find. The lights are still on, and you notice that those inside have taken notice of you. There is motion within and shadows move across the windows. A fat woman with a crossbow opens the door as you approach and speaks. "What do you want?"
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old Sep 12th, 2012, 10:44 PM
Hitman's Avatar
Hitman Hitman is offline
Gamer At Large
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2014
RPXP: 270
Hitman Hitman Hitman
Posts: 221
Tenzin couldn't help but smile whilst the blacksmith nervously freed him from his shackles. Tenzin wasn't prone to strong-arming, but with his freedom so close he decided calm negotiations weren't called for. Svirfneblin are far less yielding to discussion than other humanoids (save for perhaps Dwarves), and Tenzin found it funny that this blacksmith was so weak-willed the threat of a stranger, whose level of ability was a mystery, could cause him to collapse. When the shackles came off, Tenzin rubbed his wrists with the same wicked smile across his face, relishing his freedom of motion once more. Afterwards, he exited the shop and leaned against the wall of the smithy, waiting for the others.

Tenzin purposefully waited until the other members of their little procession had departed for the sheriff's home. He followed about twenty yards behind, watching any potential interactions between them, and keeping out of any potential altercations. He kept pace until the arrived at what appeared to be the house, at which point he stopped, waiting for the large woman's question to be answered by one of the people there.
__________________
"Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
-The Sniper, Team Fortress 2
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:20 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB