Game Thread Freedom is Never Free - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > A Fortunately Sinister Tale
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old Sep 13th, 2012, 06:11 PM
zevonian's Avatar
zevonian zevonian is offline
137 NPSG Graduates
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 28th, 2023
RPXP: 44996
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Posts: 40,281
Remembering what was read out loud to the recently freed, himself included, Jamuss wasted no time in answering. "We would have words with the one called sheriff." He looked at those he walked here with and pointed to the one he last saw holding a certain document. "You, you have the letter still. You should show it."
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old Sep 15th, 2012, 08:18 PM
IW2RP's Avatar
IW2RP IW2RP is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 15th, 2013
RPXP: 54
IW2RP
Posts: 389
"He's not here. You best turn around and-"

A man interrupts her, placing his hand on her shoulder and saying, "Now Ms. Hoyt, is that any way to speak to guests?" He is a husky man with a bearded. He wears clothes that are very dark, and clearly very expensive. "These people clearly have business with us."

Stepping past Ms. Hoyt, and out the door, he addresses you. "What is it that you need?"

Last edited by IW2RP; Sep 15th, 2012 at 08:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 09:58 AM
jm935's Avatar
jm935 jm935 is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 6th, 2015
RPXP: 937
jm935 jm935 jm935 jm935 jm935 jm935 jm935 jm935
Posts: 671
Zalmoxis

Zalmoxis fumbles to speak before his bellicose companions can get any ideas. "E-E-Excuse us, sir. Are you Garren Blackley? We're hoping you can tell us what we need. You see, we were bound for the island when orders came down to free us. We were directed here for instructions on the conditions of our freedom. There's a letter around here somewhere..."

It comes out in a rush of nervous breath, trailing off when the apprentice forgets which of his fellows has the letter. He coughs, embarrassed, and tries not to look threatening. Like he needs to try! Notorious prisoner or not, this pipsqueak of a conjurer wouldn't intimidate a girl of ten.
__________________
<Leopold & Elizabeth>

Last edited by jm935; Sep 16th, 2012 at 09:58 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 01:21 PM
zevonian's Avatar
zevonian zevonian is offline
137 NPSG Graduates
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 28th, 2023
RPXP: 44996
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Posts: 40,281
Jamuss continued to point to the last person that he saw with the letter. And that would be the person he saw open and read it to begin with. "Ask that one for it." It seemed as if the orc blood was not pleased with still having to wait for the document to be produced.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old Sep 16th, 2012, 10:51 PM
IW2RP's Avatar
IW2RP IW2RP is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 15th, 2013
RPXP: 54
IW2RP
Posts: 389
A puzzled look comes across the mans face upon his hearing of your being pardoned. Stepping in the direction of the deep gnome he holds out his hand for the letter. "Produce this document and lets see if we can make some sense of all this."
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old Sep 17th, 2012, 10:24 PM
Alex M's Avatar
Alex M Alex M is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 26th, 2013
RPXP: 312
Alex M Alex M Alex M Alex M
Posts: 304
Nicholas Wilkes

Nicholas eyes the sherrif for a minute, then grunts impatiently. "We have no time for this. Give me that letter!" He snatches the letter from the gnome's hand, smooths it, and presents it to the sherrif. "Make of that what you will."

Last edited by Alex M; Sep 18th, 2012 at 09:47 AM. Reason: diction
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 08:59 PM
IW2RP's Avatar
IW2RP IW2RP is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 15th, 2013
RPXP: 54
IW2RP
Posts: 389
Garren takes the letter from you calmly and looks it over. When he takes notice of the seal he turns pale and rips the letter open. Quickly he reads over it's contents and begins to speak excitedly. "Get a good nights rest. When the sun rises you will begin your travel North to the town of Bellover, the journey should take about three days. When you arrive locate the Imperial Warehouse and ask to see the Store Manager about a shipment complaint. They will take you to him and you will tell him that you are very unhappy with your resent business transaction and wish to receive the premium discount. You will be given a shipment of weapons that you are to bring to the Fort. Any questions?"
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 09:33 PM
jm935's Avatar
jm935 jm935 is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 6th, 2015
RPXP: 937
jm935 jm935 jm935 jm935 jm935 jm935 jm935 jm935
Posts: 671
Zalmoxis kept his mouth firmly shut. Better this than exile, he supposed. He could always slip away if things got messy. At least this way he wasn't in chains.
__________________
<Leopold & Elizabeth>
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old Sep 18th, 2012, 09:49 PM
zevonian's Avatar
zevonian zevonian is offline
137 NPSG Graduates
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 28th, 2023
RPXP: 44996
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Posts: 40,281
The orc blood scanned the surroundings as the letter passed from hands to hands. He looked for personal guards, and for townsfolk. As the document was read, Jamuss snorted and eyed the reader for weapons.

Jamuss heard the part about resting. Then there was a mess of directions that he immediately decided he wasn't going to try to remember. But the part at the end, about questions, that part seemed like a clue as that it was time to speak up. "You would have place for us to sleep?" It wasn't that he minded roadside slumber, he just wanted at least one local, allegedly in charge, to decide whether he and the lot he was unchained with should be left unattended.

Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 08:01 AM
Raunchel's Avatar
Raunchel Raunchel is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 18th, 2016
RPXP: 700
Raunchel Raunchel Raunchel Raunchel Raunchel Raunchel Raunchel
Posts: 1,334
Khryssa sways from side to side, in her head she hears the tune, but it is soft and does not make her move further, she hears the conversation and whispers: "Will we then be free from all this? The restraints on us? We want to dance, to feel the air and to follow the music. The chains are away but more can come. Promise that there will be no more."
__________________
My homebrew
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 10:12 AM
Alex M's Avatar
Alex M Alex M is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 26th, 2013
RPXP: 312
Alex M Alex M Alex M Alex M
Posts: 304
Nicholas Wilkes

Nicholas eyes the man distrustingly. "Only one question, sheriff. What's this all about? I appreciate being freed and all, but it looks like you didn't have anything to do with it. Now, before I go running halfway across this country I need to know what I'm running for." He steps back and sets his weight, hand resting lightly on the scimitar sheathed at his waist.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 02:34 PM
IW2RP's Avatar
IW2RP IW2RP is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 15th, 2013
RPXP: 54
IW2RP
Posts: 389
He listens to your questions and answers them as quickly as he can. He seems confused by Jamuss's question. "I'm not your babysitter. Can't you rent an inn room, or sleep outside? You seem the sort to enjoy such things."

He has to lean in to hear Khryssa's whispers, but when he does he seems amused. "You will not be forced into chains if you cooperate, my dear. You have my word."

Finally he hears Nicholas. "I won't lie to you. I can't tell you what this is about, because I do not know. What I can tell you is that freedom will not be your only reward if you do as you are asked."

"Now if that's all I'm afraid we must part ways. You have a long journey ahead of you." He rummages through his pockets and produces a pouch that jangles with gold and he tosses it into your group. "That should cover the price of the weapons shipment and you can keep whatever is left."

 

Last edited by IW2RP; Sep 19th, 2012 at 02:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 04:23 PM
zevonian's Avatar
zevonian zevonian is offline
137 NPSG Graduates
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 28th, 2023
RPXP: 44996
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Posts: 40,281
Jamuss gave a wave to a window in the house, indicant that the orc blood spotted the sheriff's lackey. Hedids not pick up the pouch, having instantly decided that this is a situation where he needs both hands ready to draw a weapon. After someone else picked up the gold, he shrugged and looked over Garren one last time. "Thanks for your time." There was something less than cheerful in his voice, almost sinister.

Our time in this town won't end well for some. But you and yours, you'll likely be left alone.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 05:16 PM
Hitman's Avatar
Hitman Hitman is offline
Gamer At Large
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2014
RPXP: 270
Hitman Hitman Hitman
Posts: 221
The Svirfneblin remained silent during the entire exchange. He was lost in thought, and as a result forgot he was holding the letter. Regardless, he screwed up his face when it was snatched from his hands. When the man Tenzin presumed to be the one they were looking for gave them orders and directions, Tenzin couldn't help but feel resentment. What do I owe them? If they free me and expect me to champ at their bit they are sadly mistaken. He was resentful, that is, until the mention of reward. Tenzin still had his skill and his wits, but capital was of intense interest to him. For now he would play along, but he wasn't above a cut-and-run strategy, especially when it came to the same powers that decided he was due for exile.

Remaining perfectly silent, Tenzin observed the exchange, waited until it's conclusion, and made for the town proper, attempting to locate a inn or alehouse, whose rooms were surely unfit for occupation by a civilized being, but would have to do for tonight.
__________________
"Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet."
-The Sniper, Team Fortress 2
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old Sep 19th, 2012, 10:12 PM
Alex M's Avatar
Alex M Alex M is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 26th, 2013
RPXP: 312
Alex M Alex M Alex M Alex M
Posts: 304
Nicholas Wilkes

Nicholas follows the gnome into town. Freedom and five hundred pieces of gold ain't bad for one night. As for the trustworthiness of this operation, there's no need getting hasty to decide that. For now, a cold mug of ale and nice bed will do.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:47 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB