Game Thread Freedom is Never Free - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > A Fortunately Sinister Tale
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 03:18 AM
Raunchel's Avatar
Raunchel Raunchel is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 18th, 2016
RPXP: 700
Raunchel Raunchel Raunchel Raunchel Raunchel Raunchel Raunchel
Posts: 1,334
Khryssa sweeps up the gold as she whirls outside, she has to be sure that it won't e taken away from her.
__________________
My homebrew
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old Sep 20th, 2012, 05:47 PM
zevonian's Avatar
zevonian zevonian is offline
137 NPSG Graduates
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 27th, 2023
RPXP: 44996
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Posts: 40,276
The girl picked up the gold. That meant the girl understood the value of coins, and likely everything the mayor-sheriff-whatever said, and acted accordingly. That meant the rest of them would follow her. If she found a place to stay in town, that much jangle of coin would mean someone would try to rob her. No, he thought of no such thing as lawful, good people through and through a town.

Jamuss walked near the girl, he figured it was for the best. Best for getting a chance at a fight with some of those who mocked him as he first enetred the town.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 08:56 AM
jm935's Avatar
jm935 jm935 is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 6th, 2015
RPXP: 937
jm935 jm935 jm935 jm935 jm935 jm935 jm935 jm935
Posts: 671
Zalmoxis tagged on in Nicholas's wake. This one seemed most trustworthy. He hailed the man. "Wait up, friend." A night of sleep and some time to meditate would put his head right.
__________________
<Leopold & Elizabeth>
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 06:47 PM
IW2RP's Avatar
IW2RP IW2RP is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 15th, 2013
RPXP: 54
IW2RP
Posts: 389
You return to the Tavern that you were stopped by earlier. The sign outside reads "The Royal Lodge" and the lights are mostly out when you get there. The door however still stands open, though there are few patrons within. When you enter you see a woman sweeping. When she sees you come in she stops sweeping and looks up at you.

"There you are. I told Alamar you'd drag yourselves in here if he let me keep the door open long enough. Everyone's gotta sleep. I suppose your needing a room? Maybe a even a drink? Don't worry the old man is asleep right now, but I can serve you."
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old Sep 21st, 2012, 06:58 PM
zevonian's Avatar
zevonian zevonian is offline
137 NPSG Graduates
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 27th, 2023
RPXP: 44996
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Posts: 40,276
Jamuss pulled out a small gem, careful not to snag the small pouch it was contained in. "This would pay for room and food for two, or common floor space and food for three." He spoke as if his information was matter of fact, and not some sort of haggling.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old Sep 22nd, 2012, 09:51 AM
Alex M's Avatar
Alex M Alex M is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 26th, 2013
RPXP: 312
Alex M Alex M Alex M Alex M
Posts: 304
Nicholas Wilkes

Nicholas greets the woman warmly: "Ah, I do love a business-minded innkeeper. Rooms come later. For now, a drink!" He nods to his companions and takes his place at a corner table. "Any of you fine fellows to join me?"
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 02:22 AM
IW2RP's Avatar
IW2RP IW2RP is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 15th, 2013
RPXP: 54
IW2RP
Posts: 389
The woman, having been surprised by the half-orc's unconventional offer, is very pleased to hear Nicholas's words. "Innkeeper! Oh no no no. I'm just a barmaid. Name's Kimber. The old man just lets me watch over the place when it suits him. You'll have a round of ale then? I'll have it out in a bit. Sit down and relax while you wait." She gestures to the other patrons, a group of three sitting at a table not far from you. "Maybe you can have a word with Yvette's group over there. They are the adventuring type too. You might learn a thing or too from each other." She walks behind the counter and begins pouring ale into a mug before asking, "Will that be one for everyone?".

The group at the table consists of two woman, a half-orc and a human, and a half-elf man. The half-orc is large and wears studded leather, a large axe leans against her chair. The half elf is very small and pale, he wears fur and carries a scimitar at his side. The human woman wears a chain shirt and has a short sword laying on the table by their drinks. The human turns when the barmaid says "Yvette".

Last edited by IW2RP; Sep 23rd, 2012 at 03:05 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 12:24 PM
Alex M's Avatar
Alex M Alex M is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 26th, 2013
RPXP: 312
Alex M Alex M Alex M Alex M
Posts: 304
"One for me, at least, good Kimber," Nicholas nods and turns to the seated trio. "And, Yvette, companions, a good e'en to you. I am Nicholas, and these my new compatriots. Will you share a drink with us and tell us of your travels?"
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 03:09 PM
jm935's Avatar
jm935 jm935 is offline
Very Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 6th, 2015
RPXP: 937
jm935 jm935 jm935 jm935 jm935 jm935 jm935 jm935
Posts: 671
Zalmoxis

The apprentice sits heavily at the table, glad to rest from days walking in chains. He has little interest for the other patrons, but the ale's a different matter. "Aye, miss. For me as well." He isn't much for drink but tonight he didn't hesitate. Later, a bed and time to meditate. For now he keeps his quiet and waits on Kimber.
__________________
<Leopold & Elizabeth>
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 03:14 PM
zevonian's Avatar
zevonian zevonian is offline
137 NPSG Graduates
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 27th, 2023
RPXP: 44996
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Posts: 40,276
"No ale for I. Clean water, and food, if you have any. That is all." There was no anger in the orc blood's voice, just a statement of preference, in matter-of-fact form.

Jamuss went about getting three chairs. One was for himself to sit upon, should it seem sturdy enough, and placed so that he could watch the front entrance. One was for his sword, for he chose to have the hilt off the ground. The third was for the girl that grabbed the gold at their previous location, and this was made obvious as he placed the chair near her, whenever it was she went looking for a seat.

He only sat after everyone else made choices in regards to staying standing. He then eyed the other group in the building, looking for scars and belt notches.

oodmJamuss hasn't bothered learning anyone's names. But to be clear, the third chair is for Khryssa.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 03:49 PM
IW2RP's Avatar
IW2RP IW2RP is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 15th, 2013
RPXP: 54
IW2RP
Posts: 389
Kimber nods to and continues preparing your orders.

Yvette looks back at the other members of her table and then back to you. "We just got back from Bellover. We were helpin' some noble deal with some of the leftover Dankil thugs that were givin' 'im trouble. Tomorrow we are going to head to the minin' settlement to the southeast. They seem to be havin' a little troglodyte trouble. She pauses for a moment and looks over your group. "You're them Exilers they released earlier aren't you? How did you manage that?"

Last edited by IW2RP; Sep 23rd, 2012 at 10:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 03:55 PM
Raunchel's Avatar
Raunchel Raunchel is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 18th, 2016
RPXP: 700
Raunchel Raunchel Raunchel Raunchel Raunchel Raunchel Raunchel
Posts: 1,334
Khryssa weaves through the room but starts to seem tired. She comes to a halt near the chair the orc has taken for her and sits down, swaying. She says: "Clean water, all else drowns the music."
__________________
My homebrew
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 04:26 PM
Alex M's Avatar
Alex M Alex M is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 26th, 2013
RPXP: 312
Alex M Alex M Alex M Alex M
Posts: 304
Nicholas Wilkes

Nicholas sits across from Yvette and leans to speak with interest: "Bellover, eh? We're fixin' to go there ourselves. Seems the general has some side work needs doing without marching a whole army that way. Way I figure, there ain't much to us except cheap. And you can't get cheaper than a dead man, can ya? Either way, it's better than Exile." He stops to take a sip of ale. "Say, since you've just been there, why don't you share the lay of the land with a fellow traveler? I'd lie to tell you we were aught but strangers in these parts, and any information you're like to share would be welcome indeed."

Here Nicholas pauses,
Dice Perception:
d20+3 (16)+3 Total = 19
eyeing the strangers. He can play the rough companion all night, if needed, and it's worth it for any warning of the road ahead. All the same, best not to mention the Sheriff or any sneaking arms shipments. You never know who anybody's working for, and until he know's who he's working for he won't take any chances.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 05:09 PM
zevonian's Avatar
zevonian zevonian is offline
137 NPSG Graduates
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 27th, 2023
RPXP: 44996
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Posts: 40,276
The dancing girl knows to avoid drinks of unknown sources. Good for her.

Jamuss looked at his fellow unchained. He saw what was left of the shackles upon them. One of them introduced himself to the other party in the tavern. Words were exchanged, words that brought no smile upon the man with the barbed gloves.

They know where we're headed now. And who suggested our travel. No good will come of this.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old Sep 23rd, 2012, 06:35 PM
IW2RP's Avatar
IW2RP IW2RP is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 15th, 2013
RPXP: 54
IW2RP
Posts: 389
Kimber comes around with food, water, and ale in hand. She is placing them in front of you and overhears your words. "Bellover huh? Watch yourself on those roads. I hear the wolves have been getting a bit out of hand to the north."

Yvette laughs, "Wolves will be the least of their worries. Some ogre has gotten 'imself kicked out of 'is tribe for one reason or another, and he's been makin' a mess of the roads that way. Personally I suggest you hide, and run if you's unlucky enough to get found. If you don't want to do that-and you're lucky enough to kill 'im-I hear the mayor o' Bellover is offerin' a nice sum for his head. Either way it wouldn't hurt you to swing by Hendricks concoctions in the morning."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:16 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB