Chapter 1: Attack! - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 11:35 AM
Duderlybob's Avatar
Duderlybob Duderlybob is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 17th, 2014
RPXP: 61
Duderlybob
Posts: 416
You can track by scent if you so desire, Fang. Though I'm a bit baffled by your fortune telling, which spell/ability are you using to scry? A Harrow Deck is an appropriate focus for a spell, but it's not capable of telling the future without an actual spell being cast.

Edit: And yes, Mr. Grippli, follow your raven to your heart's content!

Edit Edit: Also, Fang, note that we need a survival roll from your wolf specifically to track by scent.

Last edited by Duderlybob; Mar 13th, 2014 at 12:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 12:24 PM
nevets70's Avatar
nevets70 nevets70 is offline
Young Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 23rd, 2014
RPXP: 0
nevets70
Posts: 25
Heeling Mjesto next to the building with the chimney, the Grippli jumps off the dog and darts into the alley. He hears a commotion around the corner so he attempts to catch a peek around the bend.

Dice Stealth:
1d20+15 (15)+15 Total = 30

Last edited by nevets70; Mar 13th, 2014 at 12:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 03:37 PM
Fang727's Avatar
Fang727 Fang727 is offline
Juvenile Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 17th, 2014
RPXP: 0
Fang727
Posts: 26
For ruina to smell the trail
Dice traking scent:
1d20+1 (19)+1 Total = 20
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 04:21 PM
Duderlybob's Avatar
Duderlybob Duderlybob is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 17th, 2014
RPXP: 61
Duderlybob
Posts: 416
Taking over momentarily for Dee to keep the action going. Nevets, I had accidentally assigned your token's control to Nevrend, you should be able to move freely now.

@Fang727:
Ruina picks up the trail and howls, the hunt has begun! Following the trail takes far more time than it took to make the trail, but given a few hours, you come upon an old fort, worn down, dilapidated, thoroughly past its prime, but still fully able to fulfill its function. The bandits on watch stroll back and forth along the walls, offering the occasional salutary "RAWR!" down to the other bandits in the camp. By the light of the fires, you can tell that the fort is certainly inhabited by more than just the smattering of bandits on patrol, but beyond that, it's hard to get a bead on much of what's inside the fort.

@nevets70:
As the little frog creeps up to the corner of a house, a cry of "BACKUP! I NEED BACKUP!" resounds around the corner, and a bandit comes rushing by saying nearly every word that his mother taught him not to say. Another bandit thrashes about on the ground with an unconscious friend on top of him. "Dammit Tony! Ge' off me!"

@Yanza:
As Yanza saunters into town with the sight of the victory parade already playing through his head, a wagon tears off down the road, whipping by at the best gallop a horse with such a burden could possibly achieve. A blue-haired half-elf stands atop a giant pile of valuables while shouting a few parting insults back at the town. And with that, the cart gallops out of view and into the darkness, the thundering hooves growing ever quieter into the distance.

Inside town is a different scene altogether. A little kobold ducking beneath an equally small wooden shield is calling "BACKUP! I NEED BACKUP!" An unwashed fellow who was meandering around the road start moving towards the kobold at a jog with a shoddy looking blade in hand. "RAWR! No one gets left behind! Gooooooo Dragon Fangs!"

Given the course of events, seems like a good time to get initiative rolling for those in town.

Dice Bandit 1 Initiative:
1d20+1 (6)+1 Total = 7

Dice Bandit 2 Initiative:
1d20+1 (7)+1 Total = 8

Dice Bandit 3 Initiative:
1d20+1 (2)+1 Total = 3

Dice Bandit 5 Initiative:
1d20+1 (1)+1 Total = 2

Dice Bandit 6 Initiative:
1d20+1 (12)+1 Total = 13

Last edited by Duderlybob; Mar 13th, 2014 at 04:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 04:21 PM
Duderlybob's Avatar
Duderlybob Duderlybob is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 17th, 2014
RPXP: 61
Duderlybob
Posts: 416
Dice Gamagori Initiative:
1d20+2 (3)+2 Total = 5
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 06:30 PM
Fang727's Avatar
Fang727 Fang727 is offline
Juvenile Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 17th, 2014
RPXP: 0
Fang727
Posts: 26
sorry i forgot that my wolf has a plus 4 instead of a plus 1 to scent
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 06:37 PM
Fang727's Avatar
Fang727 Fang727 is offline
Juvenile Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 17th, 2014
RPXP: 0
Fang727
Posts: 26
"Ruina, run back to town and get others we need help to defeat this lot of bandits" Ruina takes of running towards town after she has been given a scroll.
"now to see how this place is laid out."
Dice Sneak:
1d20+10 (16)+10 Total = 26

Dice Detect Magic:
1d20+8 (8)+8 Total = 16
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 08:46 PM
nevets70's Avatar
nevets70 nevets70 is offline
Young Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 23rd, 2014
RPXP: 0
nevets70
Posts: 25
From his hiding spot, the Grippli scans the scene in front of him, yet not quite looking at those ahead of him. Instead, he tries to see if they have anything interesting on their person: shiny weapons, decorated armor, flamboyant necklaces or jewels; just for something that would make him goggle in awe of pure awesomeness.. or something kinda cool.

Dice Appraisal:
1d20+12 (8)+12 Total = 20


Also

Dice Initiative:
1d20+4 (8)+4 Total = 12

Last edited by nevets70; Mar 13th, 2014 at 08:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old Mar 13th, 2014, 09:39 PM
Nevrend's Avatar
Nevrend Nevrend is offline
Posting Rate Slowed
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 29th, 2020
RPXP: 1666
Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend Nevrend
Posts: 1,408
Sven takes the opportunity to quickly snatch up some of the trinkets the ratkin was packing away.
Dice Slight of hand:
1d20+8 (18)+8 Total = 26


Before anyone gets suspicious, he joins the battle.
Dice Sven initiative:
1d20+4 (15)+4 Total = 19
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old Mar 14th, 2014, 12:31 AM
Hemlocke Hemlocke is offline
Very Young Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 14th, 2014
RPXP: 0
Hemlocke
Posts: 6
Tyr stride forward and calls out to the remaining bandits in his area. Stand down and drop your weapons, for if I enter this frey, then you will not be brought to the authorities for judgement, you will be brought before the Gods!

Initiative
Dice Roll:
1d20+2 (11)+2 Total = 13
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old Mar 14th, 2014, 12:32 AM
Lina Inverse's Avatar
Lina Inverse Lina Inverse is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 26th, 2014
RPXP: 50
Lina Inverse
Posts: 63
@Fang727: There's a large clearing in the trees before the wall of the fortress starts lit by two braziers on either side and a large wooden door. There's no magic to be felt in the vicinity.

@nevets70: As the Grippli eyes the bandits, one thing becomes abundantly clear to him: These are some low-ranking, grubby-ass ugly bandits. Their armor is worn, the soles are peeling off their shoes, their shirts have patches... The list goes on. The only thing valuable these guys have would be whatever they managed to stuff into their pockets tonight.

@Nevrend: Sven blindly reaches into the bag and grabs a handful of loot. [zelda treasure chest noise] He grabbed:
Dice silver coins:
1d4 4

Dice copper coins:
1d4 2

• A silver spoon
• A shiny button

Last edited by Lina Inverse; Mar 14th, 2014 at 12:33 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old Mar 14th, 2014, 12:35 AM
Hemlocke Hemlocke is offline
Very Young Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 14th, 2014
RPXP: 0
Hemlocke
Posts: 6
Tyr's Intimidation check
Dice Roll:
1d20+4 (5)+4 Total = 9
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old Mar 14th, 2014, 12:56 AM
nevets70's Avatar
nevets70 nevets70 is offline
Young Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 23rd, 2014
RPXP: 0
nevets70
Posts: 25
The Gripplis spends a bit of time looking over the items, really taking them in and evaluating each one; and comes to the conclusion that really there is nothing here worth he time and effort in obtaining. He lets out a disappointed sigh, hangs his head for a moment, then looks over his shoulder to Unaghi and gives her the saddest pout face someone with a face like him can... It looked like his normal face oddly enough. He remains in the corner to watch the happenings, with a little less enthusiasm.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old Mar 14th, 2014, 01:05 AM
Duderlybob's Avatar
Duderlybob Duderlybob is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 17th, 2014
RPXP: 61
Duderlybob
Posts: 416
Posting actions out of initiative order to keep things moving.

Gamagori sees an opportunity as the kobold turns and looks away from him.

Dice Non-Lethal Power Attack:
1d20+9 (9)+9 Total = 18

Dice Damage:
3d6+15 (4, 5, 4)+15 Total = 28


Quickly thrusting the hammer down, Gamagori seems to miss until the hammer which ended up underneath the kobold is spun head upwards, then Gamagori spins around, leverages the hammer to his shoulder, and launches the hammer upwards with a lever motion. Gamagori, now facing the wolf behind him, offers a hand out to him. "Friend, I take it?"

Last edited by Duderlybob; Mar 14th, 2014 at 01:09 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old Mar 14th, 2014, 01:24 AM
Lina Inverse's Avatar
Lina Inverse Lina Inverse is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 26th, 2014
RPXP: 50
Lina Inverse
Posts: 63
@nevets70: He makes a face like this:
Yeah, I couldn't resist, sorry. XD

@Hemlocke: The bandits clearly did not expect a massive half-wolf creature to be staying in town, let alone threaten to kill them. They'll either 1) Drop their weapons and surrender or 2) run like hell.
Dice Bandits reaction:
1d2 2

Last edited by Lina Inverse; Mar 14th, 2014 at 01:27 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:20 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB