Game Thread Chapter 1: Fractured Reality - Page 14 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Pathfinder RPG: City of Tears > Archives
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #196  
Old Dec 16th, 2008, 03:37 PM
OwenQuillion's Avatar
OwenQuillion OwenQuillion is offline
I HATE Ninjas
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 17th, 2023
RPXP: 170
OwenQuillion OwenQuillion
Posts: 684
"Well, I don't know where you found that thing, but it's not really the sort of thing that's around for no reason, right?" Beau pipes up, wanting to get the center of attention off the family feud and onto whatever Adventure the group had stumbled into. He starts a rather spirited step, placing himself roughly in the middle of the group (as long as he can keep up, at least), and after a moment's reflection on his earlier comment, adds, "'Course, I suppose it could just as easily be a bad reason, like, leading us into a trap, as actually showing us the way out. But, hey, I bet it can't be any worse than here! Unless it's those tunnels from before, those weren't so pleasant..."

Beau shrugs and stops his rambling for the time being, putting his faith in the little monster and the strength of these strangers.
__________________
I'm a big adventure hound, and goblins are my dog biscuits!
  #197  
Old Dec 16th, 2008, 11:46 PM
LordJecks's Avatar
LordJecks LordJecks is offline
A Mystery EvenTo The Gods
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 9th, 2018
RPXP: 1897
LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks
Posts: 3,940
Brother Damian - HP: 17/17 AC:18 Saves:+4/+3/+5 Perception+3

"Do you mind if I take a look at those wounds?" asked Brother Damian to Ophelia and her new friend, after he'd open the door. "Seems like you got into a bit of a scrap, and could use some patching up".

Should have noticed that earlier but this place effects my thinking

OOC Assuming they would be visually signs of your fight
__________________
From the ashes of a crappy year I return stronger and slightly crazier than before!
  #198  
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 08:31 AM
Jinx_Greyflower's Avatar
Jinx_Greyflower Jinx_Greyflower is offline
Lovin' McLovin
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 5th, 2009
RPXP: 93
Jinx_Greyflower
Posts: 2,985
[Ophelia]

"Yes, of course," she replies simply, grateful for the attention. Battered and bruised, it's fairly obvious that she's been in a life-or-death battle recently, and that she nearly lost.
__________________
"...the good guy is gonna win! How? Because I have a weapon you'll never wield...Love! Also, an incredibly powerful laser."
- Wiley Schlub
  #199  
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 04:25 PM
LordJecks's Avatar
LordJecks LordJecks is offline
A Mystery EvenTo The Gods
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 9th, 2018
RPXP: 1897
LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks
Posts: 3,940
Brother Damian - HP: 17/17 AC:18 Saves:+4/+3/+5 Perception+3

Brother Damian nods and places his hands on either side of Ophelia's head. "Hold still please" he said soothingly as he channeled some of his god's power into the woman. A faint flow surrounds the cleric's hands and it slowly flows onto to Ophelia. Down her body thinning as it went it dulled the pain and some of the wounds disappeared to be replaced with fresh healthy skin.

Brother Damian removed his hands and stepped back. "Better?" he asked.

OOCBurning a Divine Power to cast Cure Light wounds to heal Ophelia 4 hp
__________________
From the ashes of a crappy year I return stronger and slightly crazier than before!
  #200  
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 05:37 PM
OwenQuillion's Avatar
OwenQuillion OwenQuillion is offline
I HATE Ninjas
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 17th, 2023
RPXP: 170
OwenQuillion OwenQuillion
Posts: 684
Beau shakes his head at Damian's offer. "I'm a little scraped up, but I can walk it off. Save it in case we need it later."
__________________
I'm a big adventure hound, and goblins are my dog biscuits!
  #201  
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 10:32 PM
Jinx_Greyflower's Avatar
Jinx_Greyflower Jinx_Greyflower is offline
Lovin' McLovin
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 5th, 2009
RPXP: 93
Jinx_Greyflower
Posts: 2,985
[Ophelia]

"Better? Yes, much," she answers. "Now, let's see about finding something useful in this gods forsaken place. Food? Shelter? Someone who won't try to eat us. I've seen none of the above, and would like to know one way or the other if any of those things even exist here."
__________________
"...the good guy is gonna win! How? Because I have a weapon you'll never wield...Love! Also, an incredibly powerful laser."
- Wiley Schlub
  #202  
Old Dec 17th, 2008, 11:21 PM
BrokenPlayer's Avatar
BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer is offline
Come here often?
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 5th, 2018
RPXP: 4570
BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer
Posts: 5,995
Listening to the conversation, Sydney turns around to face Ophelia and Beau as she continues to walk somewhat backwards. "Did you fight something?" she asks, wondering why the two new faces would be in need of healing.
__________________
  #203  
Old Dec 18th, 2008, 02:15 PM
OwenQuillion's Avatar
OwenQuillion OwenQuillion is offline
I HATE Ninjas
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 17th, 2023
RPXP: 170
OwenQuillion OwenQuillion
Posts: 684
"Oh, boy, did we fight something. Big... Well, to me, he was about the same size as the rest of you, I guess. Details like that aside, he was all wrapped up in chains and angry-like - I think he'd already been looking for Ophelia here, maybe," Beau starts to ramble.

"Blew through the door like a mad wizard's lab gone critical and started beating us up. Ophelia kept him on the floor and I rained down magic and bolts on his head. And right when I thought we were done for, I closed my eyes, raised my hand, and BAM! - Struck him right in the head and he, uh, faded away into nothing, I think," he continues, making all the requisite hand gestures, including mock-firing a crossbow.

"Little odd, now that I think about it, but he did give us a bit of trouble. But all's well that ends well, and like I said, things tend to end well when I'm around." The gnome flashes a big smile and nods as if such a result were a foregone conclusion.
__________________
I'm a big adventure hound, and goblins are my dog biscuits!
  #204  
Old Dec 18th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Timeless Prophet's Avatar
Timeless Prophet Timeless Prophet is offline
Posing As A Team.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 21st, 2013
RPXP: 205
Timeless Prophet Timeless Prophet Timeless Prophet
Posts: 1,812
As the party exchanges words, Nariel or "Ginny" moves into position in front of the door. The rock creature skitters down to where it is resting just above the door frame. Nariel hand juts and heads straight for the door handle. A low gravely pitched howl emits from the rock and Nariel jumps back with a yelp.

"Dear me! What in the Hell Maw is that thing?" She declares nervously.
__________________
"What frightens us about the carnival, I think, is not that it will come to town. Or that it will leave town, which it always does. What frightens us is the possibility that it will leave forever, and never come back, and take us with it when it goes." ~Charles Unwin, The Manual of Detection

Last edited by Timeless Prophet; Dec 19th, 2008 at 03:47 AM.
  #205  
Old Dec 18th, 2008, 11:58 PM
BrokenPlayer's Avatar
BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer is offline
Come here often?
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 5th, 2018
RPXP: 4570
BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer
Posts: 5,995
"Uh-huh," Sydney says every so often as she listens to Beau's story. She tries to follow the gnome's ramblings but it gets progressively hard as the story gets longer. At the end of the story, however, Sydney flashes a smile, a nod, and cautiously moves over to the door with the new female elf.

"That led us to Beau and Ophelia," Sydney replies as she peers over the elf's shoulder. "I don't think it's bad."
__________________
  #206  
Old Dec 19th, 2008, 04:03 AM
Timeless Prophet's Avatar
Timeless Prophet Timeless Prophet is offline
Posing As A Team.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 21st, 2013
RPXP: 205
Timeless Prophet Timeless Prophet Timeless Prophet
Posts: 1,812
The elven maiden shoots a nervous grin the young girl's way before looking back to the creature with a sense of distrust in her eyes. "Yeah I suppose so but it doesn't have to be so rude." She shoots the creature a dirty look before crossing to the priest and the other elf. She looks the two up and down curiously before floating over to Emma.

She very inelegantly plops down on the earth next to where the old woman stands and puts her elbow on her knee and plants her sharp chin in her hand. She calls out to the rock, "Well then Mr. Rock where do you suggest we go?"

The thing appears to skitter nervously about the area above the door before stopping once more as it seems to gaze out over the group. Nariel sighs before removing her hand from her palm and dropping her hands into her lap. She gazes lazily about the area taking only a slight interest in what is going on about her.

"So chains, monsters, and a keen interest in your lovely traveling companion," Nariel comments to Beau "sounds like one of those stories from..." The girl's voice trails off as a brief look of embarrassment crosses her face. "Right errmmm what was errrr I uummmm I uhhh..." The embarrassment only seems to grow as she struggles to find the words that may save face. "Errrr oh I am glad that you are alright."
__________________
"What frightens us about the carnival, I think, is not that it will come to town. Or that it will leave town, which it always does. What frightens us is the possibility that it will leave forever, and never come back, and take us with it when it goes." ~Charles Unwin, The Manual of Detection

Last edited by Timeless Prophet; Dec 19th, 2008 at 04:04 AM.
  #207  
Old Dec 20th, 2008, 03:28 AM
Pojo's Avatar
Pojo Pojo is offline
A Flightless Pheonix
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 9th, 2017
RPXP: 1515
Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo
Posts: 2,411
"Oh, honestly, Genevieve, broaching a subject and then running away?" Emma says in a mothering tone, staring irritably up at the little rock creature. "It's not as though we don't know what you were thinking. Sadomasochism. There. That's out in the open."

She chuckles. "An amusing word to say, actually, when you think about it. Sadomasochism. Saaaaydomaso-CHISM. Say. Do."

Setting Prometheus aside on the ground, she continues to play with the syllable structure of the word as she grabs the handle of the door and attempts to pull it open, eyeing the little stone creatures reaction.
  #208  
Old Dec 20th, 2008, 03:36 AM
LordJecks's Avatar
LordJecks LordJecks is offline
A Mystery EvenTo The Gods
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 9th, 2018
RPXP: 1897
LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks
Posts: 3,940
Brother Damian - HP: 17/17 AC:18 Saves:+4/+3/+5 Perception+3

Brother Damian sighed, it seemed no one was going to open the door for him. If the door was trapped at least he would escape the constant rambling of these two woman. Walking over to the door he gave the little rock crab a small wave and gripped the handle. He wait a few seconds and turned it opening the door and peering inside.
__________________
From the ashes of a crappy year I return stronger and slightly crazier than before!
  #209  
Old Dec 20th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Jinx_Greyflower's Avatar
Jinx_Greyflower Jinx_Greyflower is offline
Lovin' McLovin
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 5th, 2009
RPXP: 93
Jinx_Greyflower
Posts: 2,985
[Ophelia]

Watching the other prepare to open the door, Ophelia pulls her bow from her shoulder and draws an arrow from her quiver. She's seen little of this world, what she has seen has been all bad, and she's preparing for the worst. Though she focuses her attention on Damien and the door, she keeps an eye on the two strange women out of the corner of her eye.
__________________
"...the good guy is gonna win! How? Because I have a weapon you'll never wield...Love! Also, an incredibly powerful laser."
- Wiley Schlub
  #210  
Old Dec 20th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Timeless Prophet's Avatar
Timeless Prophet Timeless Prophet is offline
Posing As A Team.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 21st, 2013
RPXP: 205
Timeless Prophet Timeless Prophet Timeless Prophet
Posts: 1,812
Nariel sighs as Damian approaches the door. "Sadomasochism. Really it is just easier to indulge you sometimes rather than fight against it all god-mother..." Nariel's comment is cut short though. As Damian was turning the handle the door flies open with a great force smashing into Damian's face. The blow sends him reeling in pain as everyone jumps with a start.

As Damian struggles with the torrent of blood now streaming down his face, you are all caught off guard by something. All of you recognize Karlon standing in what appears to be his study. Bookshelves line the walls and against the south wall are tables and workbenches filled with an assortment of glass vials filled with strange liquids. The dwarf turns to the open door and his jaw drops at what you would imagine is the shock of witnessing a jungle dropped on his doorstep.

However, a moment later out step Ophelia and Beau from a door on the west side of the room, or maybe it isn't Ophelia and Beau. A gnome and elf who look exactly like the gnome and elf Damian and his traveling companions just met have stepped into the dwarf's study. Karlon turns his head to observe the two standing in his study and then the two standing outside the door in the jungle.

Nariel looks from Damian to the two traveling with her to the two in the study. She shrugs her shoulders before strolling in and plopping down in a large armchair covered in red velvet. She sighs lazily closing her eyes as she remarks, "Seems like something odd is going on here."

OOC Feel free to describe whatever additional furniture you want in Karlon's study. It could have potential to be an entertaining off jut from our dance through the crazy fields.

Also Damian take 6 damage from the door to the face.
__________________
"What frightens us about the carnival, I think, is not that it will come to town. Or that it will leave town, which it always does. What frightens us is the possibility that it will leave forever, and never come back, and take us with it when it goes." ~Charles Unwin, The Manual of Detection

Last edited by Timeless Prophet; Dec 21st, 2008 at 03:25 AM.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:09 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB