Game Thread Chapter 1: Fractured Reality - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Pathfinder RPG: City of Tears > Archives
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old Sep 19th, 2008, 04:55 PM
OwenQuillion's Avatar
OwenQuillion OwenQuillion is offline
I HATE Ninjas
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 17th, 2023
RPXP: 170
OwenQuillion OwenQuillion
Posts: 684
OOCTook a little liberty with exactly how Beau got here, as I'm not entirely sure what was going on. I'd read back but I'm pressed for time right now and don't want to hold us up longer than necessary.


"Yes, yes, I'm awake!" the gnome says as he picks himself up off the floor. "And I'm with the dwarf here - he's been keeping me here the past few days, and frankly I'm tired of being kept in the dark," he says as he wipes his hands across his breeches. He then draws himself up to full stature and smiles, his robes in disarray - whether from the tumble or the fact they're made that way being unapparent. The top appears to be normal robes with a high collar and 'pauldrons' at the shoulders, with a bright-orange, braided strip on either side reaching down to his waist. They then promptly swoop out and form a sort of long coat-tail reaching a bit past his knees, where the plain sack-cloth breeches he'd wiped his hands on earlier cover the indecent bits from the front. His feet are devoid of shoes, each bearing a red stocking, the left more of a magenta, and the right more of a blood red.

As he begins to speak, he runs his hands through his shoulder-length hair a couple of times, and seems to assume that's sufficient styling for the day. "But before that, let me introduce myself properly - the name's Beau, Beau Cade. You might have heard of me. I'm kind of a big deal back home. There's also the bit the dwarf mentioned - before coming through the wall, I really don't remember much about the past few weeks at all. I remember being in jail - trumped up charges, mind you - and getting out, but not much after that. Next I know, I'm in this room, being harassed by this old codger! I'm pretty sure whatever it was was important though - it involved me, so it had to be! I'm Destined, you know," the gnome rambles, smiling all the time. After he finishes, he takes a breath and looks around.

"Don't suppose either of you've seen my shoes, have you? Pointed, bells on the end, lovely shade of peach? Ah, nevermind, I put them under the cot before I went to sleep, didn't I? Silly me," he says as he retrieves them and slips them on, giving someone else a chance to talk.
__________________
I'm a big adventure hound, and goblins are my dog biscuits!
  #62  
Old Sep 22nd, 2008, 10:03 PM
Timeless Prophet's Avatar
Timeless Prophet Timeless Prophet is offline
Posing As A Team.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 21st, 2013
RPXP: 205
Timeless Prophet Timeless Prophet Timeless Prophet
Posts: 1,812
[Ophelia, Beau]
The dwarf smiles but something appears wrong. He begins to warp and the entire room around him begins to change. No longer is it a quaint study but a dark dank passageway. You stand at the intersection of a tunnel that runs north and south and one that appears to run east and west.

[Allan, Sydney, Damian]
As you stand talking amongst yourselves you suddenly hear the blood curdling scream of a woman on the floor above you.
__________________
"What frightens us about the carnival, I think, is not that it will come to town. Or that it will leave town, which it always does. What frightens us is the possibility that it will leave forever, and never come back, and take us with it when it goes." ~Charles Unwin, The Manual of Detection
  #63  
Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 03:50 PM
BrokenPlayer's Avatar
BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer is offline
Come here often?
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 5th, 2018
RPXP: 4570
BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer
Posts: 5,995
Sydney Rose cannot help but feel uncomfortable standing amongst the other individuals. She has no idea who they were, plus she was still shaken from the vortex so he mind was all over the place. Still, despite all of this, Sydney was able to hear a woman's scream from the floor above both her and the others in the room.

"Did you hear that?" she asks aloud, looking up at the ceiling.
__________________
  #64  
Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 05:03 PM
OwenQuillion's Avatar
OwenQuillion OwenQuillion is offline
I HATE Ninjas
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 17th, 2023
RPXP: 170
OwenQuillion OwenQuillion
Posts: 684
"Uh... Miss... I don't believe I caught your name. Do you have any idea what just happened? I certainly don't," Beau says as he scrunches up his face into a very perplexed look. "This place is certainly less pleasant than that old codger's study, and that's saying something."

He takes a few tentative steps forward, listening, peering down the corridors, and even giving the air a little whiff. Assuming he doesn't detect anything worth checking out, he turns back and says. "I say we should head down the east corridor. Any objections, lady elf?"
__________________
I'm a big adventure hound, and goblins are my dog biscuits!
  #65  
Old Sep 23rd, 2008, 06:07 PM
LordJecks's Avatar
LordJecks LordJecks is offline
A Mystery EvenTo The Gods
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 9th, 2018
RPXP: 1897
LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks
Posts: 3,940
Brother Damian - HP: 17/17 AC:18 Saves:+4/+3/+5 Perception+3

"Well atleast we know we're not alone here..." says Brother Damian in response to the strange woman's questioning. "Shall we go investigate? By the sounds of it theres a lady in need of our aid, and making some connections in this new place wouldn't hurt our chances of survival."

Shrugging he makes for the exit to the room and makes his way towards the source of the scream.
__________________
From the ashes of a crappy year I return stronger and slightly crazier than before!
  #66  
Old Sep 24th, 2008, 02:46 AM
Jinx_Greyflower's Avatar
Jinx_Greyflower Jinx_Greyflower is offline
Lovin' McLovin
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 5th, 2009
RPXP: 93
Jinx_Greyflower
Posts: 2,985
[Ophelia]

Quote:
"That, my darling elf, is Beau and he just came through the wall magically a few days ago. Tell me what has been happening the bar for the last week?"
"You know about as much as I do about what's been going on in the bar this past week," she responds. Glancing down at the blanket-entangled gnome, she adds, "Probably a little more than I do, I would wager."

Quote:
The dwarf smiles but something appears wrong. He begins to warp and the entire room around him begins to change. No longer is it a quaint study but a dark dank passageway. You stand at the intersection of a tunnel that runs north and south and one that appears to run east and west.
"This," she adds as the room finishes it's transformation, "this is entirely new and unexpected." She draws her dagger and looks around, surveying the intersection. "I'm entirely under-armed and under-armored for this. Any thoughts?"
__________________
"...the good guy is gonna win! How? Because I have a weapon you'll never wield...Love! Also, an incredibly powerful laser."
- Wiley Schlub
  #67  
Old Sep 24th, 2008, 08:23 AM
EnixH's Avatar
EnixH EnixH is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 17th, 2010
RPXP: 0
EnixH
Posts: 65
Allan's head perks up as he hears a female's scream, and grips his quarterstaff tightly as he looked at his two companions, a bit of nervousness showing in his eyes as he speaks up. "It could be the inn owner thats in trouble,as well...lets go." He gives a curt nod to both the cleric and the white-dressed woman, and follows Damian to the room's exit.
  #68  
Old Sep 24th, 2008, 09:28 AM
BrokenPlayer's Avatar
BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer is offline
Come here often?
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 5th, 2018
RPXP: 4570
BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer
Posts: 5,995
Gulping and shaking just a bit, Sydney Rose follows the two men in the room as they all head for the noise. She breathes deeply as the trio walks, trying to calm her nerves but, at the same time, wondering what could be in store for them. She decides to get her mind filled with different thoughts, at least for a few moments. The greatsword on her back did little to help her.

"My name is Sydney, Sydney Rose," Sydney says suddenly, expectantly. "Who are you two?"
__________________
  #69  
Old Sep 24th, 2008, 08:51 PM
LordJecks's Avatar
LordJecks LordJecks is offline
A Mystery EvenTo The Gods
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 9th, 2018
RPXP: 1897
LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks
Posts: 3,940
Brother Damian - HP: 17/17 AC:18 Saves:+4/+3/+5 Perception+3

Brother Damian turns to face the woman claiming to be called Sydney. "I mentioned it once already but I will repeat if as you no doubt still adjusting to your new situation. My name is Brother Damian, a priest dedicated to the service of Pharasma. As for my coleague I'll let him name himself this time" His piece said the Priest turns back about and continues his way up the stairs.
__________________
From the ashes of a crappy year I return stronger and slightly crazier than before!
  #70  
Old Sep 26th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Timeless Prophet's Avatar
Timeless Prophet Timeless Prophet is offline
Posing As A Team.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 21st, 2013
RPXP: 205
Timeless Prophet Timeless Prophet Timeless Prophet
Posts: 1,812
[Ophelia, Beau]
OOC I am going to let you two answer each other as I have read and only have the suggestion of a direction to go not necessarily that you are going that way. Something like 6 seconds have probably passed in your talking to one another so feel free to go back and forth some more or pick a way.


[Allan, Damian, Sydney]
You travel around the stairs taking a the winding passage around and around again and again. After what seems like a few minutes, much longer than what it seems this little adventure should of taken, you pause and rest for a moment. Suddenly there is a slow grating noise and a click far off in the distance and the wall bursts apart as a scythe comes swinging at you.
OOC Make a reflex save if you would, please.
__________________
"What frightens us about the carnival, I think, is not that it will come to town. Or that it will leave town, which it always does. What frightens us is the possibility that it will leave forever, and never come back, and take us with it when it goes." ~Charles Unwin, The Manual of Detection
  #71  
Old Sep 26th, 2008, 10:25 PM
LordJecks's Avatar
LordJecks LordJecks is offline
A Mystery EvenTo The Gods
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 9th, 2018
RPXP: 1897
LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks
Posts: 3,940
Brother Damian - HP: 17/17 AC:18 Saves:+4/+3/+5 Perception+3

That scream sounded a lot closer thought Borhter Damian as they were walking, then the scythes burst out the wall. Brother Damian fell to the floor on instinct. But was he quick enough...
__________________
From the ashes of a crappy year I return stronger and slightly crazier than before!

Last edited by LordJecks; Sep 30th, 2008 at 10:40 AM. Reason: title
  #72  
Old Sep 26th, 2008, 11:25 PM
BrokenPlayer's Avatar
BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer is offline
Come here often?
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 5th, 2018
RPXP: 4570
BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer
Posts: 5,995
"Sa, sorry," Sydney says, apologizing to the priest. "Yeah, I.. I don't really know what's going on."

With the formalities out of the way, Sydney continues to follow the two males around passageways and up staircases until, after several minutes, the trio decides to rest a bit. But this was a mistake, as a scythe came bursting out of the wall near the three individuals. Sydney, very-much surprised, shuffles to the side in an attempt to get out of the blade's path.
__________________
  #73  
Old Sep 26th, 2008, 11:34 PM
OwenQuillion's Avatar
OwenQuillion OwenQuillion is offline
I HATE Ninjas
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 17th, 2023
RPXP: 170
OwenQuillion OwenQuillion
Posts: 684
Beau shrugs at the elf's question. "Your guess is as good as mine. And what, pray tell, makes you think this place is dangerous? Well, apart from the atmosphere. And the looks. And the general doom and gloom... Well, maybe you've got a point there, now that I think about it."

"Anyway, no sense waiting for something to happen; Fortune favors the bold, you know, and Fortune has quite a thing for me already," he continues as he takes a few cautions steps eastward. "Well, uh, ladies first?" he says with a smile as he turns back and gestures down it.
__________________
I'm a big adventure hound, and goblins are my dog biscuits!
  #74  
Old Sep 27th, 2008, 01:39 AM
Jinx_Greyflower's Avatar
Jinx_Greyflower Jinx_Greyflower is offline
Lovin' McLovin
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 5th, 2009
RPXP: 93
Jinx_Greyflower
Posts: 2,985
[Ophelia]

"So, this isn't where you came from, then?" the elf asks curiously. She looks around the intersection, trying to gain her bearings relative to where the dwarves room was, and to determine if this is the same set of corridors she had drifted into earlier.

If she's able to get her bearings, she will suggest retracing her steps from earlier, going opposite the way she arrived here. Otherwise, she'll allow the gnome to choose, but makes certain that he leads the way.
__________________
"...the good guy is gonna win! How? Because I have a weapon you'll never wield...Love! Also, an incredibly powerful laser."
- Wiley Schlub
  #75  
Old Sep 27th, 2008, 04:02 AM
EnixH's Avatar
EnixH EnixH is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 17th, 2010
RPXP: 0
EnixH
Posts: 65
After Brother Damian finishes introducing himself, Allan turns around and nods,smiling slightly. "And I am Allaneron Visoric. You can call me Allan for short." He nods as he follows Damian up the stairs

After several minutes of travel and they pause to rest,Allan leans on his staff,catching his breath before he hears the clicking noise and looks up, seeing the scythe hurling towards him as he moves to the side, hopefully dodging the hurling projectile.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:49 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB