Game Thread Chapter 1: Fractured Reality - Page 9 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Pathfinder RPG: City of Tears > Archives
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #121  
Old Oct 20th, 2008, 04:29 PM
OwenQuillion's Avatar
OwenQuillion OwenQuillion is offline
I HATE Ninjas
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 17th, 2023
RPXP: 170
OwenQuillion OwenQuillion
Posts: 684
Beau, wincing at the pain, loads another bolt into his crossbow, raises it to fire, and jerks as he brings it level and pulls the trigger, causing the bolt to fly erratically. Damn, damn, damn. He curses his own apparent lack of pain tolerance and starts to think about alternate tactics he can pull from his bag of tricks.

Battle InfoHP: 9/12
AC: 14 (14 Touch, 11 FF)
Ini: 11
Actions:: Move action to reload, standard action to fire...
I swear I had an 18 and a 4 when I previewed that post, even with the -4 for firing into melee.
__________________
I'm a big adventure hound, and goblins are my dog biscuits!
  #122  
Old Oct 21st, 2008, 12:11 AM
Jinx_Greyflower's Avatar
Jinx_Greyflower Jinx_Greyflower is offline
Lovin' McLovin
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 5th, 2009
RPXP: 93
Jinx_Greyflower
Posts: 2,985
[Ophelia] HP 7/13; AC 17

Ophelia swings her blade, doing her best to keep her foe off balance. She has little hope of actually defeating the creature herself, but is certain that she can give enough time to the gnome to cause more damage from afar.
__________________
"...the good guy is gonna win! How? Because I have a weapon you'll never wield...Love! Also, an incredibly powerful laser."
- Wiley Schlub

Last edited by Jinx_Greyflower; Oct 21st, 2008 at 12:11 AM.
  #123  
Old Oct 21st, 2008, 12:12 AM
Pojo's Avatar
Pojo Pojo is offline
A Flightless Pheonix
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 9th, 2017
RPXP: 1515
Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo
Posts: 2,411
The old woman laughs as the little creature retreats. "Well, that sounded perfectly well like a prophecy. I do love a good prophet, they spin a delightful yarn and they get the funniest looks on their faces when nothing works out the way they said. I suggest we confound the little bugger, eh?"

She turns, squinting. "Now, which one of you is the elf and which one is very short?"

Last edited by Pojo; Oct 25th, 2008 at 09:19 PM.
  #124  
Old Oct 21st, 2008, 05:06 PM
BrokenPlayer's Avatar
BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer is offline
Come here often?
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 5th, 2018
RPXP: 4570
BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer
Posts: 5,995
Not completely sure that she was doing it, Sydney swung her massive greatsword down at the creature as it ran towards her. She missed, naturally, but the thought was still there. Her arms shook from the sheer shock of the experience; that, coupled with the creature's crazy antics, caused Sydney to wish she was back at home, back at the the farm with her mother.

Turning, Sydney watches as the creature spouts some more gibberish before retreating back into the thicket. Slowly, Sydney pulls her greatsword off the ground and places it back into its leather strap upon her back. She then hears the crazy old woman speak once again, and this time she turns her attention onto her.

"Who are you?" Sydney asks, still shaking a bit from the experience.
__________________
  #125  
Old Oct 21st, 2008, 05:45 PM
Pojo's Avatar
Pojo Pojo is offline
A Flightless Pheonix
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 9th, 2017
RPXP: 1515
Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo
Posts: 2,411
"Well, I'm Emma Vandragon, dear, thanks for asking. And this" she plucks the tiny chicken off of her head, "is Prometheus, and we're both ever so delighted to meet your acquaintance, especially since you're neither an elf nor a short person and therefore in no need of saving. Unless you're very good at disguises, mind you, I once met a little hobbit-person who was actually a hill giant in disguise - very good illusionist, that one, also exceptionally nice, except that he tended to muck up the furniture a bit - but all in all I expect you're exactly what you say you are, except you didn't really say anything about yourself, did you... what's your name again?"

Last edited by Pojo; Oct 21st, 2008 at 05:46 PM.
  #126  
Old Oct 21st, 2008, 08:56 PM
EnixH's Avatar
EnixH EnixH is offline
Young Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 17th, 2010
RPXP: 0
EnixH
Posts: 65
Allan was genuinely surprised by the appearance of the man-beast, raising his staff defensively but holding back, listening to the crazed words. He began to think who this unlucky pair, the 'elf' and the 'wee one', and what they had to do with the current situation.

As the strange creature scurries and leaps past him into the nearest tree, the wizard backs up in surprise, not wanting to get caught between 'it' and its escape. He looks up after the fleeing creature as it dissappears,then rubs his forehead with his left hand.

"Things are getting more interesting the longer we stay here..." He speaks, and looks around at their companions. "So,whats our move?"
  #127  
Old Oct 23rd, 2008, 12:28 AM
LordJecks's Avatar
LordJecks LordJecks is offline
A Mystery EvenTo The Gods
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 9th, 2018
RPXP: 1897
LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks
Posts: 3,940
Brother Damian - HP: 17/17 AC:18 Saves:+4/+3/+5 Perception+3

Brother Damian sighed and turned to face the group, "This way if you please" he said his patience wearing thin, before turning around and walking into the forest with or without them. Didn't they comprehend the meaning of lets go? Granted he didn't have any idea where they were going but it was better than standing around here and waiting for that crazy monkey thing to return. One crazy person in the group, with a chicken, was enough for him.
__________________
From the ashes of a crappy year I return stronger and slightly crazier than before!
  #128  
Old Oct 23rd, 2008, 09:27 PM
BrokenPlayer's Avatar
BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer is offline
Come here often?
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 5th, 2018
RPXP: 4570
BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer
Posts: 5,995
Trying hard to smile, Sydney replies to the odd, older woman. "My name is Sydney Me--Rose." She tries quickly to cover up her mistake of almost giving her real last name, but manages to do it somehow.

Hearing the priest's words, Sydney nods, adjusts her belongings, and moves to follow the older gentlemen into the forest.
__________________
  #129  
Old Oct 23rd, 2008, 10:20 PM
Pojo's Avatar
Pojo Pojo is offline
A Flightless Pheonix
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 9th, 2017
RPXP: 1515
Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo
Posts: 2,411
"Well, Sydney Merrows, it's a delight to meet you. That's a very lovely sword you have there. Quite flashy. I always say if it can't be done right it should be done flashy and if it can be done right then why not have a little flair? I've a mighty huge scythe myself, mind, but then it's mostly for show. Partly for dismemberment but mostly for show. I just found it lying on the ground, would you believe it? Still got a little blood on it. Still, I think it's got a little heft..."
She continues to chatter mindlessly into Sydney's ear as she follows the rest of the group.
  #130  
Old Oct 23rd, 2008, 11:16 PM
Timeless Prophet's Avatar
Timeless Prophet Timeless Prophet is offline
Posing As A Team.
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 21st, 2013
RPXP: 205
Timeless Prophet Timeless Prophet Timeless Prophet
Posts: 1,812
[Ophelia, Beau]
OOC Jinx I wasn't sure what exactly you wanted done (whether or not you wanted to go defensive this round or me to count the attack). I will count the attack.


Beau fires but the bolt erratically flies over the creature's shoulder. The creatures roars again sending its chains sailing over Ophelia's head. Ophelia swings once more but the blade doesn't find its mark.

[Damian, Allen, Sydney, Emma]
Damian charges off into the forest with the insane rambling woman and Allen following closely behind Sydney. He wanders through the forest for a few minutes before he comes to a clear. He passes straight into the middle before he realizes something very odd. He is clearly standing in the same opening that he landed after falling from the sky. Twisted remnants of the glass ceiling he fell through even remain strewn across the floor. The blue creature that had tormented them not moments before, slinks down from the canopy and hangs inverted on a branch into the center of the clearing.

"Something wrong....keyyyruuuureeeee....?"
__________________
"What frightens us about the carnival, I think, is not that it will come to town. Or that it will leave town, which it always does. What frightens us is the possibility that it will leave forever, and never come back, and take us with it when it goes." ~Charles Unwin, The Manual of Detection
  #131  
Old Oct 24th, 2008, 11:06 PM
Pojo's Avatar
Pojo Pojo is offline
A Flightless Pheonix
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 9th, 2017
RPXP: 1515
Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo Pojo
Posts: 2,411
"...and that's when the goblins declared me empress." Emma grinds to a halt, her bones literally making grinding noises as she stops to survey the scene. "I say, this place looks a little familiar. In fact I think I was just here some short time ago. Oh, it's the thing-that-lives-in-trees-and-shouts-crypticisms! Perhaps it can tell us where we're at."

Last edited by Pojo; Oct 24th, 2008 at 11:42 PM.
  #132  
Old Oct 25th, 2008, 12:13 PM
BrokenPlayer's Avatar
BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer is offline
Come here often?
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 5th, 2018
RPXP: 4570
BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer BrokenPlayer
Posts: 5,995
As polite as she could be, Sydney Rose tries to listen to the old woman's ramblings but finds it progressively difficult. Oddly, she is grateful when the small group returns to the same spot they were in, complete with the deranged creature lurking above them.

"What happened?" Sydney asks, looking around for anything that could help her find an answer.
__________________

Last edited by BrokenPlayer; Oct 25th, 2008 at 12:15 PM.
  #133  
Old Oct 25th, 2008, 06:40 PM
LordJecks's Avatar
LordJecks LordJecks is offline
A Mystery EvenTo The Gods
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 9th, 2018
RPXP: 1897
LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks LordJecks
Posts: 3,940
Brother Damian - HP: 17/17 AC:18 Saves:+4/+3/+5 Perception+3

Brother Damian sighed, rambling old woman, crazied monkeys, it was going to be a long day. Did they even have days here? No not the time for thinking about such things. Turning to face the general direction the blue creature's voice had come from he states clearly "Yes. It seems we can't leave, as I'm sure you know. Care to enlighten us, if you would be so kind, on how we might leave this place, as you seemed to be the local authority."
__________________
From the ashes of a crappy year I return stronger and slightly crazier than before!
  #134  
Old Oct 25th, 2008, 08:59 PM
OwenQuillion's Avatar
OwenQuillion OwenQuillion is offline
I HATE Ninjas
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 17th, 2023
RPXP: 170
OwenQuillion OwenQuillion
Posts: 684
"It's common courtesy for old wrecks like you to keel over when someone like me comes calling!" Beau yells at the thing as he releases another ball of force towards its face. He takes a keen look at its reaction as he loads another bolt into his crossbow, knowing he couldn't keep those up forever and that he might want to expend his energies on a trick to help him get away.

"Let me know if you want to retreat, lady, I think I might have something to cover us! Discretion is the better part of valor, you know!"

OOCI dug back and looked at the original description of this guy, dan, and I can't quite decide if it's readily apparent if he's blind or not. Mainly, I'd like to know if Beau knows so he can make a reasonable guess about a Color Spray.


Battle InfoHP: 9/12
AC: 14 (14 Touch, 11 FF)
Ini: 11
Actions: Move action to reload, standard action to cast a five-damage Magic Missile.
__________________
I'm a big adventure hound, and goblins are my dog biscuits!
  #135  
Old Oct 27th, 2008, 12:37 AM
Jinx_Greyflower's Avatar
Jinx_Greyflower Jinx_Greyflower is offline
Lovin' McLovin
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 5th, 2009
RPXP: 93
Jinx_Greyflower
Posts: 2,985
2nd level, I can get weapon finesse!

[Ophelia] HP 7/13; AC 19
[Note: Fighting Defensively]

Ophelia deftly switches from one combat stance to another, less aggressive one. She turns her focus from hitting the creature to preventing herself from getting hit. Nonetheless, when she sees an opening, she strikes. As she does so, she maneuvers around the creature, attempting to give her gnome ally a less-obstructed view of their common foe.

__________________
"...the good guy is gonna win! How? Because I have a weapon you'll never wield...Love! Also, an incredibly powerful laser."
- Wiley Schlub
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:32 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB