RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jul 27th, 2022, 08:34 PM
Bad Robot

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19201
Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek
Pilot Application
right-aligned image

Name: Hasan Bashar
Sex: Male
Homeworld: Ariel
Skillset: Pilot

Background
Hasan never questioned the decisions that led him here. Walking the docks with each new arrival, he considered why a pilot like him, the son of a rather influential cargo shipping baron, was looking for work once again. If his father had had his way, he'd be serving in an office or as the captain of some massive hauler. He'd luckily stayed out of the war as a younger man thanks to the work nepotism granted him. When the discussion of taking on more 'corporate' duties - something his father wanted to happen because his father did it to him and his father to him… - he'd very much declined. By then, he'd gone from being a teenager that raced suped-up shuttles to piloting the ships carrying the most valuable or 'no questions asked' cargo. He had no interest in becoming some stuffy middle-management type that had him looking over his shoulder…literally.

The disownment wasn't all bad. It gave Hasan the freedom he never knew he really wanted. Even though he loathed the thought, he'd actually learned a bit from his father, especially when it came to talking his way out of trouble. He wasn't much for fighting or drinking…or blood for that matter. He just didn't have the stomach for any of it. He'd learned that 'good business' was something that got you by. Unlike his father, who was all about profit, Hasan understood that his 'reputation' was a far more valuable commodity. When you shook his hand on a deal, you could count on him following through: whether that be to complete a job or devote himself to make sure his crew made it through every flight.

Pulling a lift with his collection of luggage, he overheard someone saying they were trying to find a pilot, and off he went to make a somewhat awkward introduction…

Last edited by Saratek; Jul 29th, 2022 at 12:28 PM.
Old Jul 28th, 2022, 12:48 AM
Shakiest Gun in the Verse

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14669
kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth
Raife Gilkyson
Name: Raife Gilkyson

Archetype: Mercenary/Tough

Alignment: Anti-Hero Anger has thoroughly burned all the gentle feelings from Raife. He covers a cold burning rage with black humor or genuine disinterest.

Description: Tall, rangy and weathered. A pair of brown canvas dungarees, dung stained work boots, two worn button up shirts and three changes of underclothes make up his entire wardrobe.

Background: Raife had forty acres, a hundred head of cattle and a house built out of sandbags and solar sheeting. Raife's wife was plain, but honest; his son was simple, but hard working; his daughter, though, was the apple of his eye. Sweet and joyful was she and the brightest spot in every life she touched. He considered himself a lucky man and was prepared to live the rest of his life right where he was.

Then one day, as so often happens, the whole thing unraveled. An argument between his son, Einer, and one of the McIlry boys ended in the well pump being smashed. His son, being a responsible young man, went over to demand compensation. Raife never found out who actually shot his boy or why. When he got the news, gun in hand, he came runnin'.

He traded rounds with the McIlroy's and even wounded one, then drug off Einer's body and headed home. The McIlroy's hadn't waited idly by for Raife to show up, however. They knew his kind and that he wouldn't likely entertain an apology. They'd sent a party to the Gilkyson place almost before young Einer's corpse hit the ground, hoping to catch the tall cattleman unaware.

By the time Raife got back, his wife, Sibyl was cold dead and his baby girl, Cassy, was missing. To add insult to injury, the scoundrels had already talked to the sheriff, claiming Raife'd started the fight. A brief, bloody conflict between Raife and the law left the sheriff dead and his deputy barely clinging. A posse formed, lead by ol' "Brick" McIlry himself, to bring the lawless Raife to justice. They weren't much in need of a trial.

Raife swallowed back his anger, wiped away his tears and made his way to the spaceport. Without coin or trade for passage, he signed on to the first ship that would take him.

Writing SampleThe captain slaps the big red button to close the loading ramp and storms at Raife. "What the hell was that crap?Juh Shi Suh Mo Go Dohng Shee?!"

Raife is wholly unmoved by the the captain's wrath. "Well," he begins in his usual leisurely deadpan, "I met me an ol' friend o' my son. Bet him my gran'dads gold-plated pocket watch he could fly. The boy rather vehemently disagreed. Damn it allTa Ma Duh if he wasn't right. Boy couldn't fly a stroke."

He shrugs and smiles without humor. "On the upside, hittin' the pavement kilt him dead, sos I get to keep my watch."

Raife turns, sure the conversation is over, and heads to his bunk. It'd been a sultry day and he could use a wash.

Character Sheet

Last edited by kenneth; Jul 28th, 2022 at 06:11 PM.
Old Jul 28th, 2022, 01:10 AM
Pretty cool Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13405
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
So I was planning on getting the character posted today, but it is so balls hot that my brain isn't working well. Hopefully I'll get it Friday. In the meantime as another teaser here's the character's theme song.
Old Jul 28th, 2022, 05:48 AM
Spectral Cookie Master

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5588
Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442 Ghost6442
@Kenneth,

It appears the .jpg/png/Filetype is missing from the end of your image link and that is why it is not working.

My Posting day is Mondays AEDT (GMT +10/+11)
Old Jul 28th, 2022, 11:49 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 27633
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
APPLICATION SUBMISSIONS CLOSED

I've included everyone who has posted in the app thread below. With all the submissions, I think it will be a well rounded bunch to add to those already in the game. I "think" everyone can be accepted, but I'll hold off on confirming that until everyone has completed their applications. I think a deadline of 8/5, Friday by 11:59 pm CST is reasonable for everyone to have their apps completed.

Update of where applicants are so far...

PLAYER CHARACTER PREFERRED ROLE APP COMPLETE?
Ghost6442 Hero Tyson Mechanic Yes
Saratek Hasan Bashar Pilot Need Character Sheet
Zangul Malcolm O'Brien Gunhand WIP
kenneth Raife Gilkyson Mercenary/Enforcer Yes
SpatulaOdoom John ? ?? WIP

Note that the site has a Serenity character sheet you can use that works quite well.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; Jul 28th, 2022 at 09:08 PM.
Old Jul 28th, 2022, 12:10 PM
Bad Robot

Tools
User Statistics
Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek Saratek
I thought we didn't need a sheet for the application?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
Character generation will take place after your player has been accepted (though it you wish to get a head start, feel free to do so, but this will not sway acceptance into game).
I was hoping to look over the others' sheets so that with the secondary skills Hasan would have they would be complimentary.
Old Jul 28th, 2022, 12:54 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratek View Post
I thought we didn't need a sheet for the application?

I was hoping to look over the others' sheets so that with the secondary skills Hasan would have they would be complimentary.
You don't need a sheet to put in an app, but now that you are likely to get in the game, I'd like one.
Old Jul 28th, 2022, 12:59 PM
Bad Robot

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
You don't need a sheet to put in an app, but now that you are likely to get in the game, I'd like one.
Such a pushy GM sometimes...

I'll get on it once I get this last owed reply out. I'll have the sheet posted either this evening or tomorrow. I forgot until about half an hour ago I had a meeting this afternoon. Honestly, besides doing skill allotment, I had the rest of it done. Serenity/Cortex isn't a terribly complex system when it comes to character generation.
Old Jul 28th, 2022, 01:18 PM

Tools
User Statistics
kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth kenneth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost6442 View Post
@Kenneth,

It appears the .jpg/png/Filetype is missing from the end of your image link and that is why it is not working.
Thanks Ghost.
Old Jul 28th, 2022, 01:53 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@Ghost6442 - Your character is accepted. Move on over to the game thread HERE and drop your app/sheet in the character thread and say hey in the OOC post.
You may also begin posting in the new Game thread.
Old Jul 28th, 2022, 04:20 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Y'all have a mule onboard already? Be happy to spring for one o' them slick, floaty 10 tonners. Don't make much sense, me startin' out with fancy armor an' such, so the cash has to go somewhere. Plus I had to have a way to get to town. Just makes sense. Otherwise I'll just show up with m' pockets a bit fuller than I might otherwise.

While I'm thinkin' on it, I might bring along enough stuff to tack together a few garden bunks. I'm partial to veg of the fresher variety, comin' straight off the farm an' all.

Lemmie know. No hurry, but the ship leaves when the ship leaves.
Old Jul 28th, 2022, 04:51 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
Y'all have a mule onboard already? Be happy to spring for one o' them slick, floaty 10 tonners. Don't make much sense, me startin' out with fancy armor an' such, so the cash has to go somewhere. Plus I had to have a way to get to town. Just makes sense. Otherwise I'll just show up with m' pockets a bit fuller than I might otherwise.

While I'm thinkin' on it, I might bring along enough stuff to tack together a few garden bunks. I'm partial to veg of the fresher variety, comin' straight off the farm an' all.

Lemmie know. No hurry, but the ship leaves when the ship leaves.
You might want to rethink that Mule anyway because per the advert, your character is on the Reno Skyplex that is a half day's hard burn from Hera, or a mite more. That's where you're joining the crew.
Old Jul 28th, 2022, 06:13 PM

Tools
User Statistics
I'm callin' it done.

Here's the finished application.
Old Jul 28th, 2022, 06:14 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth View Post
Can you add public permission to the character sheet please?
Thanks.
Old Jul 28th, 2022, 06:38 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Can you add public permission to the character sheet please?
Thanks.
Think that should do it.