... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old 12-06-2019, 04:25 PM
Groom'd

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13748
DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina
I suppose my application is complete.

https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...71#post8596171

If there are any questions or if you feel I need to add more RP or backstory or anything, let me know. I'll still be tinkering with her, but without any actual stats it will more be an exercise in build speculation and minion stats.
Old 12-06-2019, 04:29 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 116
WideningGyre WideningGyre
BasicsName: Avazen
Race: Fetchling
Class: Spiritualist (Fractured Mind, Priest of the Fallen)
Intended Role: "My minion and me" melee combat, miscellaneous supporting magic and effects, spookiness.
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Crime: High treason

BackgroundSomar Kayali was an archaeologist, a historian, and a chronicler. With his wife, Invira, he traveled the whole of Talingarde and beyond. Together, they searched for evidence of that nation's past: the tales of its great heroes and lost artifacts of national importance, all in service to House Darius. Somar, especially, was a true patriot of Talingarde, and even professed his love for his country while the fires of Branderscar Prison took him and his wife to their fate for blasphemy.

This is not his story.

Somar Kayali had a son, and this story belongs to him. Avazen had a difficult childhood; his conception was unexpected, and neither of his parents wanted to set aside their life of field work to raise a child. Often he was given to friends or even political allies while Somar and Invira were off on some distant expedition. When the family was together, they moved often, always chasing the next scrap of history. Somar perhaps knew that he was not a particularly good parent, that his choices would make his son's life more difficult. So whenever opportunity allowed, he told Avazen stories of the heroes of the past -- people who had overcome adversity, pain, loneliness, and loss to do great things. To be heroes. Generals and scholars, priests and performers. In many ways, Avazen was isolated from the wider world; he was rarely given a chance to form real friendships, but he came to feel a kinship with these figures of heroic history.

Indeed, he felt a great many things. Where his father viewed the world with cool scholarly logic, young Avazen was a creature of his emotions. Anger and jealousy, but dedication and zeal. Far too often, they would rule him, and his tendency to cause disruptions made it increasingly difficult to place him in the care of others when travel required it. For better or worse, Somar counselled his son to take an orderly approach to his emotions. To catalog them, compartmentalize them. And then, once he understood them, to realize that all those mythic figures that made Talingarde's history great had felt those same exact emotions. Was Admiral Richaine, the first great pirate hunter, not angry when her home was raided by the Red Fleet? Could he imagine her hatred and despair when she was marooned on Isle Delabor by her first, treacherous crew? And when she returned to lead the Scuttling Armada, she channeled her zeal for the cause. It was a success, perhaps more so than intended. History's heroes had always been his friends, but now young Avazen began to see himself in their place. After all, if his thoughts and emotions were the same as they had had and felt, what difference was there?

What no one had really noticed was that there was an awakening magic in Avazen's mind, and Somar's "lessons", though given with the best intentions, were feeding a dangerous power. And then... it all came crashing down. Events seemed to move with a lightning swiftness. The witch hunters were at their door. His parents, taken. Sentenced. Jailed. Burned. Avazen was judged to be innocent of whatever blasphemies Somar and Invira were seemingly guilty of, and was deemed old enough to be emancipated. But the family's treasures and estates were forfeit to the church of Mitra for their crimes, and House Kayali's name was struck from the rolls. That night, as Avazen wept alone in the darkness, a ghostly figure borne of a troubled young man's mind, and given the form of a long-dead admiral, placed an ectoplasmic hand upon his shoulder...

Avazen has crafted a sort of solipsistic mythology for himself in the wake of his family's execution. All those heroes of the glorious past? He felt a kinship to them, to their stories, to their emotions, because they're all him. A sort of gestalt reincarnation, or spiritual echoes, or... something; he doesn't trouble himself with the details. And why should he? After all, that means that he has been Talingarde's real hero all along.

The country took his father and his home. Heroes get justice for the dead. Or at least vengeance. He would take the country's king and wipe the slate clean.

But an angry young man seeking to overthrow a kingdom can't get very far, not even when his emotions take the spectral form of idolized images of legends of the nation's past. If one were to pry deeply enough, there might have been cause to question whether Somar and Invira should have ever been arrested at all, much less burned at the stake. But their son? No, he deserves the cruel fate that awaits him in Branderscar. He sought to kill king and country alike, and if he somehow escapes that fate, he'll find a way to attempt it anew. As many times as it takes.

Because the fragments of Avazen's broken mind can take the shape of a dozen of history's greatest men and women. But no matter how he tries, they can't take the form of his father.

Last edited by WideningGyre; 12-06-2019 at 04:30 PM.
Old 12-06-2019, 05:57 PM
???%

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14425
AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviltedzies View Post
@AwesomeEli - The hard part now is since this isn't gestalt..... which side of Lyssa do you want to let shine more? Admittedly without Path of War it somewhat helps you narrow down your options but I'm curious to see what you might do with Sphere's material available for Lyssa to tinker with.
#WizardLYFE

That was the first time I ever got to play Lyssa gestalt, and it was great. But without that, it's ride or die wizard! Gotta investigate the SoP stuff to see if it works, but I'm not sure it does unfortunately.
Old 12-06-2019, 06:38 PM
Groom'd

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13748
DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina DAquilina
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeEli View Post
#WizardLYFE

That was the first time I ever got to play Lyssa gestalt, and it was great. But without that, it's ride or die wizard! Gotta investigate the SoP stuff to see if it works, but I'm not sure it does unfortunately.
Spherecasting is very different from standard spellcasting. If you want straight versatility then I feel like wizard is probably a better option, but from what I've seen of the system thus far there are some really interesting playstyles that emerge from the SOP options. I think that this necromancer I put together could have definitely been done vanilla, but not this way, and probably not without incurring a great deal more cost.
Old 12-06-2019, 07:17 PM
???%

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14425
AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli
I'm pretty familiar with Spheres, but I'm not sure the character would be all that viable. Just gotta look into it a bit, is all.
Old 12-06-2019, 09:24 PM
Ghost

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19203
LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron LeoByron
The SoP Necromancer scares me tbh. I made an Illusionist/Conjurer Fey Adept and it's scary what they can do.
Old 12-07-2019, 01:03 AM
Bowties are COOL...

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3183
TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor TheGoodDoctor
A Little Danger
right-aligned image

Name: Scrum, the Bold
Race: Blackfire Goblin
Class: Asmodean Warpriest, Magus VMC
Intended Role: Frontline Skirmisher, Infiltrator, Demonlitions
Alignment: Lawful-Evil
Crime: Piracy
Traits: Trapfinder, Color Thief, Surprise Weapon
Drawbacks: Power Hungry
Flavor: Working Class Antihero

WIP

Last edited by TheGoodDoctor; 12-07-2019 at 10:15 PM.
Old Yesterday, 04:58 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2661
Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik Frederik
Application finished.

Starkad
Name: Starkad Ulrikason
Race: Half-troll
Class: Skald
Intended Role: Buffer and striker, with a bit of utility
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Traits / Drawback: Armour expert, Army minded(Community minded), Viking Blood and Power-Hungry
Crime: Piracy

Last edited by Frederik; Yesterday at 05:00 PM.
Old Today, 12:19 AM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Lythari
left-aligned image

Name: Gush
Race: Goblin
Class: Shifter (Spheres version.)
Intended Role: Melee combatant, Battlefield annoyance, Sneak/Scout, Tracker, Some utility.
Alignment: Lawful Evil.
Crime: Arson, Attempted Murder, Murder.

Height: 3’2’’ | Weight: 34 lbs
Hair: Long, greasy strands of black hair.
Eyes: Yellow.
Usual Attire: Old, worn, and loose clothing stolen from larger races. Often wrapped in several bandages.

Description:

Personality:

Background:

Last edited by Lythari; Today at 12:20 AM.
Old Today, 01:03 AM
Rules of Paradise

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6026
Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis Vaerdis
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeoByron View Post
The SoP Necromancer scares me tbh. I made an Illusionist/Conjurer Fey Adept and it's scary what they can do.
I found out some scary things a SoP character can do with spellcrafting, 10 min/level duration haste and (greater) invisibility in a single spellcast sound busted to anyone else?