Game Thread Prolouge (In which the party comes together) - Page 6 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > World's Largest Dungeon Revamped > Archived Game Threads
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #76  
Old Dec 20th, 2012, 08:36 PM
Sauragnmon Sauragnmon is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 6th, 2021
RPXP: 739
Sauragnmon Sauragnmon Sauragnmon Sauragnmon Sauragnmon Sauragnmon Sauragnmon
Posts: 2,278
As Sadekar rejoined the group, he continues to ponder over his thoughts with regards to the situation. All the enemy went Up, but in different locations. Leads one to think there is More to these mountains than expected. The majority having gone through Caves suggests something underground. Best guess is that Wormtail went up the trail. Sadekar thought it over heavily before he spoke up.

"I realize our final goal is to take down Wormtail. That's a given, considering he's the head of this snake. Unfortunately, the man has a legion of followers, which we would have to contend with if we took the direct route. It would invariably take longer, but I think the better choice is to take one of the tunnels, and confront the legion in parts rather than as a whole - divide them into smaller groups and take them down seperately, whittling away what forces he has so that when we get to Wormtail, we've long since figured out his plan, his goals, his methods, and we know our enemy just as much, if not potentially more, than he knows himself. Let's face it, they're probably expecting an army to come after them, so a smaller unit of people, like us, with a variety of skills as we have, stands a better chance of slipping in behind them and starting by picking off the stragglers, much like a pack of wolves hunting deer."
  #77  
Old Dec 21st, 2012, 06:07 AM
Outmind's Avatar
Outmind Outmind is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 10th, 2022
RPXP: 1386
Outmind Outmind Outmind Outmind Outmind Outmind Outmind Outmind Outmind Outmind
Posts: 1,313
Darian knew he was out of his element here - a strange mountain, unexplored paths and a myriad of choices. He did have elvish blood in him, but all the years of toiling in the fields made his movements hard and purposeful, which would have certainly lead to a lot of noise had he joined the scouts. So he just remained at the base with a few of the others, pondering the scouting parties'' return.

After they returned and relayed to the others what they had found, Darian gave a nod of acknowledgement to Sadekkar. "I believe that Sadekkar has the right idea." he said, standing next to the rogue, both to show his support and to capture the others' attention. "Think about it - the tunnels offer much more protection than an open path, and we can position ourselves so that the less robust can be out of harm's way. Besides, if the monsters are devious enough to wait in ambush, it can only come from upfront. Finally, if we do happen upon their army, the cramped space can allow only a few of us to hold the line against a great many."
__________________
20s:5,1s:3

Last edited by Outmind; Dec 21st, 2012 at 06:08 AM.
  #78  
Old Dec 21st, 2012, 09:59 AM
Sir Alex's Avatar
Sir Alex Sir Alex is offline
The Pen Is Mightier
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 15th, 2016
RPXP: 5731
Sir Alex Sir Alex Sir Alex Sir Alex Sir Alex Sir Alex Sir Alex Sir Alex Sir Alex Sir Alex Sir Alex
Posts: 3,914
"Wolves. Stragglers. Cramped spaces. Sounds like a good plan." Evelyn's feet itched to be down in the mountain, to take her ever closer to the rat-like sorcerer. There were several openings down into the mountain. Her holy symbol slid across the collar of her breastplate as she turned her head back and forth to examine the options. "Let's be off, then. Any tunnel you had in mind?"

Last edited by Sir Alex; Dec 21st, 2012 at 10:00 AM.
  #79  
Old Dec 21st, 2012, 03:53 PM
SantaBaby's Avatar
SantaBaby SantaBaby is offline
Rollin' on Rick
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 3rd, 2013
RPXP: 69
SantaBaby
Posts: 67
Rey thought about Ashanti's question. 'There isn't anything there that anyone would really want... At least not that I've heard.' With a small smile she said, "No, there's nothing..." She was about to say more when the others returned.

After listening to their reports and the suggestions of her fellow adventurers, Rey decided it didn't matter which path they took, as long as they put a stop to Wormtail's plans. "Yes we should go," she states. "What are we waiting for?" She then walks to the nearest tunnel, and without another thought or consideration points it out and says, "Let's go up this one." and proceeds to put words to action, heading into the tunnel.

Once the rest are out of sight, she waits for a moment to see if anyone follows her.
  #80  
Old Dec 21st, 2012, 05:12 PM
Sauragnmon Sauragnmon is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 6th, 2021
RPXP: 739
Sauragnmon Sauragnmon Sauragnmon Sauragnmon Sauragnmon Sauragnmon Sauragnmon
Posts: 2,278
Sadekar didn't really argue with the decision from Rey, assuming that the tunnel she chose was one that was logical - they could all stand, had space to move around, all the basics. Following those Provisos, Sadekar would casually follow Rey - one tunnel was as good as another, far as he was concerned.
  #81  
Old Dec 21st, 2012, 05:14 PM
TeufelHeunden's Avatar
TeufelHeunden TeufelHeunden is offline
Ars artis gratia
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 22nd, 2022
RPXP: 24916
TeufelHeunden TeufelHeunden TeufelHeunden TeufelHeunden TeufelHeunden TeufelHeunden TeufelHeunden TeufelHeunden TeufelHeunden TeufelHeunden TeufelHeunden
Posts: 11,957
Blaban returned with Evelyn and Eligan back down the mountain to report what they had found, ďIt appears that the group has split up, all of the Lizard Folk followed Wormtail up that path up the mountain but there were no signs of any of the other creatures, either they went down the tunnels or disappeared somehowIt appears that the group has split up, all of the Lizard Folk followed Wormtail up that path up the mountain but there were nah signs of any of the other creatures, either they went down the tunnels or disappeared somehow

He listens as Sadekar and Darian seemingly confirm his suspicions, ďIf you found tracks leading into the tunnels then that does explain where the others disappeared toIf yoos found tracks leadin' into the tunnels then that does explain where the others disappeared to He scratches his chin as though in thought while the others continue to put forth their plan about going into the tunnels. ďI donít agree, I donít think those tunnels are as safe as you say they are, of course going up a trail in the open is not that safe either but I donít see any difference in the safety of the group from one over the other. I have seen many creatures that can hide in the best of places underground waiting for you to pass before coming up behind you. If we go into the tunnels we risk being completely surrounded with nowhere to retreat if things go bad. However if we stay out here in the open we could do so if things get bad. So far we arenít sure of the actual number we face, but we do know there are a lot more of them than there are of us. And we do know that they have split up so probably about half of them are up that trail, along with Wormtail, I suggest we go up the trail and see if we canít catch up to them. We could still do as you say and pick off the weak ones that trail behind to slim the oddsI donít agree, I donít reckon those tunnels are as safe as yoos say they are, of course goin' up a trail in the open is not that safe either but I donít see any difference in the safety of the group from one over the other. I have seen many creatures that tinnie hide in the best of places underground waitin' for yoos ta pass before coming up behind you. If we bloody go into the tunnels we risk being completely surrounded with nowhere ta retreat if things go bad. However if we stay out here in the open we could do so if things get bad. So far we arenít sure of the actual number we face, but we do know there are a lot more of them than there are of us. And we do know that they have split up so probably about half of them are up that trail, along with Wormtail, I suggest we go up the trail and see if we canít catch up to them. We could still do as you say and pick off the weak ones that trail behind to slim the odds
__________________
My apologies to all I game with, going through some challenging times with RL at the moment but I am still here and will persavere. TY for your Patience.
  #82  
Old Dec 21st, 2012, 05:17 PM
Sir Alex's Avatar
Sir Alex Sir Alex is offline
The Pen Is Mightier
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 15th, 2016
RPXP: 5731
Sir Alex Sir Alex Sir Alex Sir Alex Sir Alex Sir Alex Sir Alex Sir Alex Sir Alex Sir Alex Sir Alex
Posts: 3,914
Evelyn smiles at the young woman's initiative. So, this quest is to be led by headstrong women. Excellent. Perhaps we won't all be strangled by chest hair after all, or cleave off our toes in a fit of manly bravado. "Oh have a little faith, Balban. It's only an unexplored tunnel diving beneath tons of earth and stone, full of evil creatures. What could possibly go wrong?"

She hurries in and follows closely behind Rey. She calls The 0th level spellLight and affixes it to her own helmet like a divine halo.

Last edited by Sir Alex; Dec 21st, 2012 at 09:46 PM.
  #83  
Old Dec 21st, 2012, 09:29 PM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,629
Ash turns to Balban. "Well, looks like they've decided for us. No worries, they can wander in front and get eaten. Onward, noble steed!" Indeed, she's already leapt into his pack. When they reach the entrance of the cave, she pokes her head out to peer about. "And now you see the power of having an Ash at your side. Huzzah!" She cocks her head to the side, and gives it a mighty wiggle and shake. With this silly motion, her eyes light up a bright and festive red, sending two beams of light across the darkness.
OOCLight Cantrip: Never leave home without your head-lights.
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.
  #84  
Old Dec 31st, 2012, 12:35 PM
Draycos Goldaryn's Avatar
Draycos Goldaryn Draycos Goldaryn is offline
Master of Dungeon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 13th, 2013
RPXP: 275
Draycos Goldaryn Draycos Goldaryn Draycos Goldaryn
Posts: 236
Continued here.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:20 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.(© 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB