A Hunka' Hunka' Burning Plague - Page 6 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > A Series of Unrelated Events
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #76  
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 12:27 AM
dragonfire's Avatar
dragonfire dragonfire is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 18th, 2015
RPXP: 887
dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire
Posts: 5,890
Once again with the order to check traps, Kegan looks at Jort, You know the best way to check for traps is for you to open the door really fast. If you open it fast enough you will disarm any trap that may have been set. While saying this Kegan does
Dice Roll:
1d20+8 (2)+8 Total = 10
glance over the door and area around it.. I doubt what ever did this took the time to set the traps and unless this miners were kobolds I dont thing we need to worry about them setting anything
__________________
(\__/) A true warrior does not fight for honor but with honor
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination!! Come over to the Darkside we have cookies.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old Dec 8th, 2010, 01:10 AM
tylernull tylernull is offline
Juvenile Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 17th, 2011
RPXP: 41
tylernull
Posts: 38
Not having an amazing grasp of sarcasm, Stamos heeds Kegan's advice and (without waiting for Kegan's trap assessment) opens the door quickly.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old Dec 8th, 2010, 08:42 AM
HughtheHand's Avatar
HughtheHand HughtheHand is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 20th, 2021
RPXP: 5017
HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand
Posts: 3,077
For Stamos' sake, everyone suddenly hopes that Kegan is right as the cleric pulls open the door. The heavy wood creaks back extremely loudly to reveal another large, square room (25x25) containing four long wooden tables, each with a bench on either side. On top of the tables lie a number of wooden bowls and eating utensils. There is a passageway on the rightmost wall, leading off though at the current angle you can tell where. In the southeast corner of the room, a small stewpot steams over a fireplace carved into the floor. A pungent odor hangs in the air and it wafts violently towards your nostrils, making you want to gag. If it weren't for the smell, you could imagine a bunch of mining buddies kicking back at the end of a long day's toil, but where the happy drunk singing miner's should be there are, in fact, four kobolds with bowls of stinky stew in front of them, jaws hanging open, staring at the cleric with the strangest hat they've ever seen. The faint sound of kobold yapping echoes down the corridor to the right as the two groups stare at each other.

OOCInitiative! I'm gonna try this a new way. I want to give you guys the chance to use your own initiatives, but I also want combat to move smoother without anyone needing to wait, so here is how it goes. Everyone rolls initiative, I roll initiative for the kobolds. I am going to take your average initiative and compare it to the kobolds average initiative, then I tell you who goes first, PCs or Monsters. For example, if you win all you guys may post your actions for the round, then I'll post the kobolds, then you're turn again.

Also, I am trying out a new way to do the map, and I think it will work well. Just say where you are moving to in your post and I will update the map every round.

Please post your current HP, AC, and position on the map in the Title Bar: E.G. Reginald. AC: 14, HP: 12, Pos: A4


 

Last edited by HughtheHand; Dec 8th, 2010 at 08:43 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old Dec 18th, 2010, 04:25 AM
HughtheHand's Avatar
HughtheHand HughtheHand is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 20th, 2021
RPXP: 5017
HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand
Posts: 3,077
OOCI rolled initiative for you and the kobolds and you won, so first you guys can all post, in any order, and then the kobolds will post.

Last edited by HughtheHand; Dec 19th, 2010 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Crazy spelling mistakes
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old Dec 18th, 2010, 05:12 AM
HenryLockwood's Avatar
HenryLockwood HenryLockwood is offline
Barbarus sum
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 1st, 2023
RPXP: 21513
HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood
Posts: 9,962
Jort: Init 5, AC 17, HP 18/18

Jort begins frothing at the mouth. "Filthy kobolds!" he yells, moving to attack the nearest one.

OOC
Dice Initiative:
1d20+2 (3)+2 Total = 5

Entering rage (free action)
Move to E4 (move action)
Power attack k4 (standard action)
Dice Attack:
1d20+5 (17)+5 Total = 22
Dice Damage:
1d10+7 (1)+7 Total = 8

__________________
Looking for a PF2e game to join. PM me!
Maps for my Wrath of the Righteous game
Pronouns: he/him/his, etc.

Last edited by HenryLockwood; Dec 18th, 2010 at 05:12 AM. Reason: Adding title
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old Dec 18th, 2010, 11:55 AM
dragonfire's Avatar
dragonfire dragonfire is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 18th, 2015
RPXP: 887
dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire
Posts: 5,890
Ac: 17 hp: 11/11

Seeing Jort acting like a rapid dog, Kegan Move to E5moves to the closes Kobold and
Dice Roll:
1d20+5 (10)+5 Total = 15
thrust my rapier into the kobold with the hopes to
Dice Roll:
1d6+4 (6)+4 Total = 10
end its life quickly.
__________________
(\__/) A true warrior does not fight for honor but with honor
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination!! Come over to the Darkside we have cookies.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old Dec 19th, 2010, 05:48 PM
tylernull tylernull is offline
Juvenile Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 17th, 2011
RPXP: 41
tylernull
Posts: 38
Stamos
AC -15
HP - 8
Position- A1

"You all take that one! I'll take care of the other!" Stamos then somewhat awkwardly Toward A1moves toward a kobold, seeming delighted and confidant since he is actually facing an opponent shorter than he is. Stamos then grips his quarter-staff and
Dice Roll:
1d20+2 (13)+2 Total = 15
attempts to
Dice Roll:
1d6+2 (1)+2 Total = 3
bash the kobold on the head.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old Dec 29th, 2010, 07:39 AM
HughtheHand's Avatar
HughtheHand HughtheHand is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 20th, 2021
RPXP: 5017
HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand
Posts: 3,077
Jort roars and charges the first kobold, which looks up with big wide eyes and an open mouth still full of food. Realizing its sudden danger, it raises the only thing it has in its hands, its food bowl, up above its head, the last bits of mush flying backwards. But a food bowl is no match for Jort who slices clean through the bowl and the kobolds right shoulder, cleaving the arm off completely.

Its left arm still clinging to half a bowl, the kobold (k4) is about it scream in pain when Kegan races in with his rapier, skewering the kobold through the throat, silencing the reptile forever.

Stamos moves along the wall, yelling to his comrades. This kobold, watching its friend get chopped and skewered, doesn't even react until the cleric raps it smartly on the head right between the eyes.

Shaking its head, the kobold grabs its spear from behind it and thrusts it towards Stamos, but the weapon is awkward to use while seated and Stamos bats it away easily.



Reginald raises his longbow and lets an arrow fly at the kobold seated in the corner, who had he been ready for the attack may have dodged it, but instead his reflexes only serve to turn his head so that the arrow can meet his eye, driving straight into his brain and knocking him back off the chair, dead before he hits the ground.

The final kobold(k1) springs up, grabs his spear, and races for the hallway to the right, jumping over the body of his fallen comrade and disappearing around the corner.


 

Last edited by HughtheHand; Dec 29th, 2010 at 07:45 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old Jan 1st, 2011, 11:43 PM
dragonfire's Avatar
dragonfire dragonfire is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 18th, 2015
RPXP: 887
dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire
Posts: 5,890
Seeing the last kobold, Kegan moves to C5moves up just a bit closer and shouts out to the kobold, I dont know if you can understand me but if you wish to live drop your weapon and tell us what you have done to the workers here.
__________________
(\__/) A true warrior does not fight for honor but with honor
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination!! Come over to the Darkside we have cookies.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old Jan 2nd, 2011, 02:32 PM
Shen's Avatar
Shen Shen is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 25th, 2011
RPXP: 39
Shen
Posts: 134
Reginald slings his bow taut. Yes. Tell us what sort of evil and terrible things you have done here and we may let you live... for a moment longer.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old Jan 2nd, 2011, 04:18 PM
HughtheHand's Avatar
HughtheHand HughtheHand is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 20th, 2021
RPXP: 5017
HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand
Posts: 3,077
The two of you see that the kobold is backed up against a big wooden door at the end of a hallway, its teeth bared in a growl as it yips angrily at you in fast, broken common. The diminutive reptilian creature clutches its spear and points it towards Kegan "Yip-Yip! You no scara me! Sipsik kill much-a-much human! Sipsik say no you front! Bring it! Yip-Yip! Grrrrrr...."


OOCJust to let you guys know, there is still a kobold that Stamos is fighting. It's your turn for now, but he and Sipsik go next. The talking is a free action.

Last edited by HughtheHand; Jan 2nd, 2011 at 05:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old Jan 4th, 2011, 06:41 PM
Shen's Avatar
Shen Shen is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 25th, 2011
RPXP: 39
Shen
Posts: 134
HP: 8, AC: 12, Pos: G1

Bring it? As you wish. Reginald Atk
Dice Roll:
1d20+3 (16)+3 Total = 19
lets fly an dmg:
Dice Roll:
1d8+1 (6)+1 Total = 7
arrow at the arrogant Kobold.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 01:51 PM
HughtheHand's Avatar
HughtheHand HughtheHand is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 20th, 2021
RPXP: 5017
HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand
Posts: 3,077
Still Round 2

OOCJust in case there was confusion, Jort and Stamos still have an action this round, then the kobolds will go (I guessed that Kegan's standard action was to not attack and reason with the kobold.) If no one goes after a day or two I'll just move on to the kobold's turn and the next round.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old Jan 6th, 2011, 06:38 PM
dragonfire's Avatar
dragonfire dragonfire is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 18th, 2015
RPXP: 887
dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire dragonfire
Posts: 5,890
OOCKegans Idea was to block the potential exit and try to get him to surrender so we can info from him
__________________
(\__/) A true warrior does not fight for honor but with honor
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination!! Come over to the Darkside we have cookies.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old Jan 7th, 2011, 01:55 AM
HughtheHand's Avatar
HughtheHand HughtheHand is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 20th, 2021
RPXP: 5017
HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand
Posts: 3,077
OOC:Sounds good, there is still that other kobold that Stamos is fighting though.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:11 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB