The Adventure Begins - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old Apr 28th, 2014, 12:24 AM
gunner525's Avatar
gunner525 gunner525 is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 24th, 2014
RPXP: 31
gunner525
Posts: 257
The Adventure Begins

The Yawning Portal Inn was loaded with people who had seen strange visions during the earthquake, who had begun to be called the Called, due to the fact that so many of them now felt a strange force drawing them closer to Undermountain. Inside the tavern, the tavernkeeper, a man named Durnan, passed out drinks while listening to tales of the adventurers and offering to lower people down into Undermountain for 1 gp per trip (either down to the depths or up from them). Other than this, there was a motley collection of individuals in the tavern that night.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old Apr 28th, 2014, 02:08 AM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,321
Madantya Lin Lightbringer
left-aligned image
Madantya.
A woman in a dark colored scale mail, makes her way through the streets of Waterdeep. Her black as night hair, hangs loosely in her face, nearly hiding her darkened hazel eyes. Her lips are small but full, fitting well with her features. Despite her ominous look, she is quite an attractive woman, and she seems to care about her complexion. She doesn't wear any make-up, so it seems her looks come from a natural beauty. She does bare several scars on her right cheek and her neck, though they've healed quite well and are only faint. He gear clinks and clangs together, as her heavy foot falls make very little noise. A backpack is thrown over one shoulder, with a light crossbow and a shield hooked on to it. A sheathed sword is on her hip, and a single dagger visible dagger on her right boot. She makes her way to her destination, knowing it to be just around the corner.

Madantya stands across the street from the Yawning Portal Inn, her head running with thoughts of what lay before her. She watches for a time, seeing the traffic come and go. She packs her small wooden pipe full of tobacco, and lights it up. She remains for a time, smoking and thinking. After a half an hour, she crosses the street and lets herself into the building.

Mad made her way to the tavernkeeper, and purchased a mead to sip at, while she moved about gathering information. "Just like Waterdeep, somebody to milk an event like this, for some extra coin." She knew of the reputation of this city, and while checking Undermountain was something she planned to do, entering via this extortion wasn't exactly how she'd wanted to go about it. She searched for an open seat, where she could rest and listen to others stories, about visions they've had. "Perhaps I will share my visions in due time..." She drinks and rests for a few, before making her way to intermingle with the crowd. She had questions that needed to be answered, and she was quite determined, to find out what she could about this Undermountain.


 
__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; Apr 28th, 2014 at 02:27 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old Apr 28th, 2014, 03:15 PM
LizziG's Avatar
LizziG LizziG is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 29th, 2017
RPXP: 18
LizziG
Posts: 121
Valtyra cautiously pushed open the door to the inn. Why are there so many people? she wonders. Did all these people have visions like mine? She hesitantly entered the establishment, lingering towards the back of the room. She was uncomfortable being around this many people.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old Apr 28th, 2014, 03:27 PM
Togot's Avatar
Togot Togot is offline
Lone Wolf
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 8th, 2023
RPXP: 8064
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
Posts: 9,236
A man dressed in finer clothes and neatly trimmed hair, sat quietly
Dice perception to listen:
d20 2
listening to the conversations around him, picking up what he could. People let all sorts of things slipped once ale loosened their tongues while talking to their friends. He glanced at anyone entering the establishment, but did not stare long enough to draw attention to himself.

Standing nearby like a guard dog was a cloaked figure, tall and hooded. Those with a keen eye could see that the stranger had no shoes, but instead clawed feet with oddly jointed ankles. When the light flickered just right, or when the figure turned to look around, one could catch a glimpse of a blue-skinned woman with demonic features underneath. Deep red eyes
Dice Perception:
d20 18
scanned the crowd for any sign of danger.

 

 
__________________
I'm not intellectually arrogant, I'm just right all the time
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old Apr 28th, 2014, 04:53 PM
gunner525's Avatar
gunner525 gunner525 is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 24th, 2014
RPXP: 31
gunner525
Posts: 257
Skurvin, having already been in the tavern, sat at a table to himself as the room began to fill up, by the time that Valtyra and Madanya arrived, his was the only table left with available seating, his curious hooded shadow scaring away everyone else.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old Apr 28th, 2014, 05:26 PM
statesman88's Avatar
statesman88 statesman88 is offline
Force of Balance
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 28th, 2018
RPXP: 1794
statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88
Posts: 1,292
Jasen entered confidently, a longsword sheathed on his left side, a whip coiled on his right, and a large trident-like weapon (a ranseur) on his back. A flute poked up out of his backpack, and his eyes scanned the entire room, taking everything in.

His eyes lingered on the shadow by Skurvin's side, flicking from her red eyes down to her clawed feet. Deciding that a mysterious being like this might know a great deal about the kinds of mysterious information he was seeking, Jasen approached the shadow. He nodded at Skurvin, placed on hand on the back of another chair, and addressed the blue-skinned, cloaked woman. "Excuse me, miss. I'm looking for anyone who has had a vision of Undermountain, or who knows anything about several children who have gone missing. Do you know anything about that?"

 

Last edited by statesman88; Apr 28th, 2014 at 07:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old Apr 28th, 2014, 06:23 PM
Togot's Avatar
Togot Togot is offline
Lone Wolf
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 8th, 2023
RPXP: 8064
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
Posts: 9,236
Kria turned to look at the man, staring in an unnerving, unflinching way that put ones mind to an animal assessing whether or not something was prey. Her neutral gaze gave no hint to her thoughts, showing neither anger nor pleasure at being spoken to. For several uncomfortable seconds, she stares in indifferent silence.

Skurvin smiled slyly as he took a drink from his cup. It always amused him when people tried to speak with his eidolon. Truthfully even Skurvin didn't understand what was in her head when it came to other people. Aside from acknowledged that they existed, she seemed not to care at all.

"I'm afraid my companion doesn't speak much," he says with a casual shrug in an attempt to keep the conversation friendly. "I can tell you that she had no vision, though I did. I'm afraid I don't know anything about any children, sadly."

 

 
__________________
I'm not intellectually arrogant, I'm just right all the time

Last edited by Togot; Apr 28th, 2014 at 06:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old Apr 28th, 2014, 07:46 PM
LizziG's Avatar
LizziG LizziG is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 29th, 2017
RPXP: 18
LizziG
Posts: 121
Valtyra stayed at the back of the room for several minutes,
Dice * Roll:
1d20+7 (1)+7 Total = 8
watching the other people in the crowded bar. She spotted the one table that seemed to be less than full. She took a deep breath, gathered every ounce of courage she had, and walked over to the table. She grabbed an open chair and sat down, hard, staring at the center of the table. She sat, shoulders slumped, hands folded in her lap, at a complete loss for what she should do next. She desperately hoped that if she just ignored everyone else at the table, they wouldn't ask her any questions.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old Apr 28th, 2014, 08:16 PM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,321
Madantya Lin Lightbringer
left-aligned image
Madantya.
Madantya had made her way around the tavern, from one end to the other. It was far to crowded for her taste, but she was able to cope with it fine. She hadn't felt that she was gaining any solid information, as each persons story varied from the other. The only similarity in most cases, was the location itself.. Undermountain. She rounded a group of people, and saw some open seats at a table. Mad casually made her way there, pulling out one of the chairs, setting her drink on the table and took a seat. She gave a brief nod and a faint smile to the others that sat there, and spoke up, her voice full of confidence.

"Visions as well?..." She asks her voice crisp and clean, as she grabs her mug and takes a sip. The mead here tastes like piss... She thought. Madantya started to eye the other woman at the table, she seemed to be sulking or something of that sort. Mad directed her next words at Valtyra. "You look like you could use a drink." The dark haired woman chugged the rest of the horrible tasting mead, and spat off to her side, giving her head a good shake back and forth. "..and not any of that garbage." She took a flask out from her coat, and filled the mug partially up with some dwarven stout she acquired elsewhere. Mad slid her cup across the table to Valtyra. She took a sip out of the flask afterwards, and leaned back over the chair, her back letting out a nice "crack" while she did so. Much better.
__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; Apr 28th, 2014 at 08:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old Apr 28th, 2014, 08:28 PM
statesman88's Avatar
statesman88 statesman88 is offline
Force of Balance
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 28th, 2018
RPXP: 1794
statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88
Posts: 1,292
Jasen met Kria's stare with a raised eyebrow, not turning away until Skurvin spoke. He opened his mouth to tell Skurvin that he'd had a vision, too, but two women sat down, and one of them beat him to it. His stormy gray eyes widened, and he sat down eagerly. He had asked so many people about this, with no success, and now...

"You've both had a vision?" He asked. "I did, too. I was trying to track down a kidnapped child, and I had a vision of them being taken and sold into slavery, in Skullport, I think. I saw other things, too..." he trailed away, as if not sure how to explain the rest of the vision.

"What did you see?"

 
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old Apr 28th, 2014, 08:38 PM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,321
Madantya Lin Lightbringer
left-aligned image
Madantya.
Madantya looked up towards the man with the whip, and raised an eyebrow, a look of compassion crossed her face. "Children getting taken and sold into slavery, does sound like a terrible ordeal. She paused only a moment, before speaking back up. " What about these... other things you think you saw?" She waited for an answer, before looking down, a look of bother on her face. "I am not comfortable talking about what I've seen... not yet, just know that there were women and children involved, and slavery would have seemed like a picnic, in comparison." She shakes her head back and forth, sighing and looking towards the finely dressed man, with the most interesting 'companion.

"What about yours... do they haunt you as well?"

__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; Apr 28th, 2014 at 08:43 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old Apr 28th, 2014, 08:50 PM
Togot's Avatar
Togot Togot is offline
Lone Wolf
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 8th, 2023
RPXP: 8064
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
Posts: 9,236
Skurvin noted the new arrivals to his table without complain, and listened to their conversation with keen interest, taking note of how they each seemed to have seen something different...something strong enough to entice them to continue further. Bait for a trap perhaps?

When the woman spoke to him he offered a small nod, "Well I wouldn't say it haunts me, but I did see Skullport. Rather curious don't you think? That we should all see things that give us reason to venture forward rather than turn us back?" He nods to the man. "Children to appeal to your compassion." He nods to the woman, "Something equally troubling to compel you as well, and I had my own bait laid out before me. I can't say I like being invited in like this."

 

 
__________________
I'm not intellectually arrogant, I'm just right all the time
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old Apr 28th, 2014, 09:12 PM
bgfnjk's Avatar
bgfnjk bgfnjk is offline
Grate Worm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 18th, 2018
RPXP: 402
bgfnjk bgfnjk bgfnjk bgfnjk bgfnjk
Posts: 676
Hearing conversation pick up at the table besides him, Wistloon sets down his mug, pickes up his bedroll, and pushes his way thought the dense crowed to the table. He pulls up a chair and climbing into it he says "Did you perhaps see a screaming man in your vision? I to feel drawn towards the undermountain. I think that he, or it wants us to go down there." Although his question is not aimed at anyone in particular, Wistloon glances around the table to see who else is discussing the vision.
__________________
Why?
Why not?
And Why why not?

Last edited by bgfnjk; Apr 28th, 2014 at 09:12 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old Apr 28th, 2014, 10:49 PM
LizziG's Avatar
LizziG LizziG is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 29th, 2017
RPXP: 18
LizziG
Posts: 121
Valtrya froze. What do I do! She'd never had any alcohol before, her mother had forbidden it. Valtrya's eyes darted back and forth as she debated with herself. She was so engrossed with her own thoughts she didn't even notice the small man who had joined the table. Suddenly, Valtyra lunged forward grabbed the mug, and
Dice Fort Save:
1d20+2 (9)+2 Total = 11
downed it all.

Last edited by LizziG; Apr 28th, 2014 at 10:50 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old Apr 28th, 2014, 11:17 PM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,321
Madantya Lin Lightbringer
left-aligned image
Madantya.
Madanya's eyes shot wide open, when the short blond haired girl, chugged the entire mug of stout. Her hazel iris' reflecting some of the light from the room, as she just stared at Valtrya. After about ten seconds of trying to watch her reaction, Mad couldn't contain herself, and let out long spit of laughter. "Bahaha.... Oh... She tried to stop herself, and found her stomach ached just from trying to fight it. "Well if that doesn't loosen your nerves, I don't know what will... I've seen men twice your height and triple your size, have a rough time drinking that dwarven stout. Though, I just think they didn't appreciate, the art that goes into making such a fine drink." She says back with a smile, knowing that she just chugged some very strong alcohol. She reaches her hand across the table, and offers it to the girl who just impressed her. She then introduces herself. "Madantya Lightbringer... "

Mad turns over to the new comer, and listens to him speak, she simply responds with. "So much screaming, hard to tell..." She pauses a moment, and then follows up with "..though I'm sure most of it was from the men." She says with a wry smile, implying jokingly that men were lesser than women. She does let the joke fade off, and shakes her head. "But in seriousness... it is odd that so many are drawn to this place... this is something completely out of the norm."
__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; Apr 28th, 2014 at 11:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:36 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB