The Adventure Begins - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #16  
Old Apr 28th, 2014, 11:37 PM
gunner525's Avatar
gunner525 gunner525 is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 24th, 2014
RPXP: 31
gunner525
Posts: 257
Valtyra's face grew green for a moment, and she gagged for a moment, but managed to keep the vomit down.

Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old Apr 29th, 2014, 12:35 AM
statesman88's Avatar
statesman88 statesman88 is offline
Force of Balance
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 28th, 2018
RPXP: 1794
statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88
Posts: 1,292
When the dark-haired woman asked what else Jasen saw, he got thoughtful. "I saw darkness... and tunnels... and a strange bearded man with stars in his eyes. Maybe he's the one sending people these visions. It happened right after someone said the name, 'Undermountain,' so maybe that was a trigger for his magic."

Seeing a pattern in every member of the table (except the quietest) sharing a vision, Jasen looked at the light-haired woman. The corners of his eyes crinkled in concern as she downed a rather large amount of alcohol--possibly too large for someone so small. "What about you?" he asked her. "What brings you to the Yawning Portal Inn? Did you have a vision, too?"

 

Last edited by statesman88; Apr 29th, 2014 at 12:35 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old Apr 29th, 2014, 07:26 AM
Daojin's Avatar
Daojin Daojin is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 15th, 2014
RPXP: 377
Daojin Daojin Daojin Daojin
Posts: 1,029
The door opens and in comes a wide-eyed and somewhat distraught lightfoot halfling. He wears a fine green silk jacket of a set or dark brown and green trimmed leather armor. He has a full head of sandy brown hair that hangs down shaggy about his face almost covering a pair of benevolent looking light green eyes. A bow whip is drapped around him and a home made looking light mace hangs from his hip.

He stands in the doorway for a moment and takes in his surroundings suspicioulsy.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old Apr 29th, 2014, 08:25 AM
LizziG's Avatar
LizziG LizziG is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 29th, 2017
RPXP: 18
LizziG
Posts: 121
Valtyra looked at the hand offered to her. She reached out, and tentatively shook it. "V-Valtyra" she stuttered. When the dark haired woman next to her turned back to listen to the smaller man, Valtyra went back to staring at the table, also listening.

When the other man addressed her she looked up. "Oh. Um, yes. Except. I don't really remember what I saw. It was like a dream, you know, gone once its over? There was a man and a tunnel maybe? I'm not sure." She trailed to a faltering stop.

Last edited by LizziG; Apr 29th, 2014 at 08:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old Apr 29th, 2014, 06:22 PM
Daojin's Avatar
Daojin Daojin is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 15th, 2014
RPXP: 377
Daojin Daojin Daojin Daojin
Posts: 1,029
Calin listened to the conversation going on for a moment. 'Were they talking about the same vision he had? And why had he appeared here out of all places?' Calin started to feel as though some powerful magic had brought him here.

He wasn't one to attract attention and he was so much smaller then the others in the room that he felt even if he did speak nobody would hear him. He descided to listen in for a bit and see if he could find out what was going on. Visions of that man screaming came to mind.

He made his way through the crowded Inn, excusing himself as he passed unfront of people and nodding slightly when ever anyone looked his way. He approached inn keeper and sat near him, listening to the crowd converse. He was hoping to see if anyone had a simular vision like he had. he had heard abiout this inn before and rumor had it that it's cellars led to the fabled dungeon complex under Mt. Waterdeep. He wanted to find more information on the place as he sat quietly and listened.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old Apr 29th, 2014, 07:17 PM
statesman88's Avatar
statesman88 statesman88 is offline
Force of Balance
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 28th, 2018
RPXP: 1794
statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88
Posts: 1,292
Jasen looked over those sitting at the table with him. "Well, it seems that we've all had visions leading us here, for one reason or another. It could be that some diety or great wizard is calling to us. Either way, this is the most well-known place to enter Undermountain, and I, for one, plan to go looking for kidnapped children there. Regardless of the visions, people are saying that this is where the children are being taken." He pulled a single, empty child's shoe out of his pack and placed it in front of him.

He took a deep breath before continuing. "But it's dangerous down there, and I'd rather not go alone. Do any of you intend to go? We could go together and protect each other."

 

Last edited by statesman88; Apr 29th, 2014 at 07:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old Apr 29th, 2014, 07:20 PM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,321
Madantya Lin Lightbringer
left-aligned image
Madantya.
"Pleasure to meet you Valtyra." She sits back in her chain, and removes her flask for another drink. More people kept coming and going, and more words about visions flew around the room. When the blonde haired woman spoke, she informed them that she was among those to have seen things. Just as I thought... they keep migrating this way. She noted that a man was mentioned in several of theirs, and responded. "What do you remember of the man in your visions, is it possible that they are the same person? If you think back, are there any outstanding features?" She pokes and prods the others, trying to help figure out a connection, knowing the more minds that heard the more details, the more likely they were to put meaning to it.

Madantya's caught sight of the door opening, and when she did not see a man walk in, she raised an eyebrow. She maintained her primary focus on the group around her, listening to whatever they had to say, as they all started to make introductions. A glimpse of movement from the door, revealed a halfling standing not far off, and seemingly listening to his surroundings. She couldn't help but notice, that it seemed he was focusing on the chatting group, though she could be mistaken. Mad doubted so. She waited to make eye contact with the little one, and gave a brief smile and a nod. Another one perhaps...




 
__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; Apr 29th, 2014 at 07:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old Apr 29th, 2014, 07:48 PM
Daojin's Avatar
Daojin Daojin is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 15th, 2014
RPXP: 377
Daojin Daojin Daojin Daojin
Posts: 1,029
Hearing more talk of vision and then hearing about dieties and or magic bringing them here, Calin took his que to speak up. He moved over beside the man who was speaking and waited politely for a chance to speak up. He wasn't very good at public speaking and he was often over looked. But summoning up the courage he managed to speak up.

" Um.. hello there." He cleared his throat while politely putting his hand infront of his mouth as to not offend these people before he could find out what was going on. his mother had always taught him good manners above all else. " I don't mean to eavesdrop, but I couldn't help but overhear that you had a vision of a man and that.. children have been kidnaped?" he shakes his head at this. " I don't pretend to know exactly what is going on here, and I am certainly not an expert at rescuing children, but I would like to do all I can to help. If you'll let me that is." Calin spoke in a quiet polite voice and shied away slightly as a bunch of eyes turned to him as he spoke. But he stood his ground and finished what he had to say.

' Undermountain..' maybe that is where his father was being held. He descided not to mention his father's perdicument to these strangers, as he did not want to burden these people with his problems. especially since he didn't quite know if what he saw was really happening or only a figment of his imagination. But from what he was hearing about these people's simular vision, it made him nervous abouot the validity of his visions.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old Apr 29th, 2014, 08:56 PM
LizziG's Avatar
LizziG LizziG is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 29th, 2017
RPXP: 18
LizziG
Posts: 121
Valtyra considered the dark haired man's words. Maybe this was what the goddess had meant when she had said she "had plans" for Valtyra. The man had said that children were missing. She hadn't seen anything about that but knew that she would never forgive herself if she didn't help to rescue them. Besides, she had left her home town looking for a place to fit in. Will they even want me along? she thought.

"I-I am not very skilled at combat. Or anything else really. But I would like to help. If you will let me. I won't get in the way. I promise." She stared at the other man, unblinking. Say yes, say yes, say yes. Say. Yes!

Last edited by LizziG; Apr 29th, 2014 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Grammar Fixes
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old Apr 29th, 2014, 11:22 PM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,321
Madantya Lin Lightbringer
left-aligned image
Madantya.
Madantya turned to look at the halfling, he approached with more gusto then she'd expected. He also wasted no time getting to business, and that was just the kind of person she liked. Valtyra followed suit with the others words, making it known she wanted to be a part of this scenario. These visions really are causing everyone to want to go down there... Just to save children... or a screaming man, there must be more to some of their stories, hard to believe there's this many "Kind hearts" in the midst of Waterdeep. Mad smiles at the both of them, and gives a look towards the rest of the group with visions.

"I wasn't there was so much desire to descend into that place... but as it seems, you're determined.. and the two of you must really want to go. After the horrors I've seen, I am fairly certain, that there are those that need to be brought to justice down there. It also seems this reoccurring man, has a role to play in some fashion." She steps back from her seat, and shakes her head. "I will join your group into that place, but if there is a fight to break out... and you don't handle yourself well within it, I will ask now that you stay back from the front lines. One can't fight at their full potential, when worrying about collateral damage." She pauses only a moment longer, to let that sink in and speaks back up. "But other than that, you seem like a right honorable bunch... perhaps one of the most capable lot I've seen since I've arrived. She specifically eyes the Summoner and his hooded 'friend'. "I need to go pick up a few supplies, and ask a local connection about this 'Man' many of you've seen, just to see if the description rings a bell... Any other details you have on him?" She asks finally, waiting for an answer before she goes to head out the door.

"I will be back in less than twenty minutes."


__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; Apr 29th, 2014 at 11:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old Apr 30th, 2014, 10:50 AM
statesman88's Avatar
statesman88 statesman88 is offline
Force of Balance
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 28th, 2018
RPXP: 1794
statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88
Posts: 1,292
Jasen was surprised and pleased by the positive response. "Yes, of course, I can use your help," he said to the timid woman and the polite halfling. "And we'll look forward to having you along, as well," he says to the darker-haired woman. "That's four so far," he thought.

In answer to Madantya's prompting, he said
Dice Knowledge-Local to remember who the man in the vision might be:
1d20+6 (11)+6 Total = 17
thoughtfully, "I just remember that the man in my vision had a beard and very... intense eyes. There was magic in them, I think."

"I'm Jasen, by the way, musician and aspiring member of the city guardsman. I think I heard the names Valtyra and Madantya over here," he said, nodding towards the women as Madantya left.

 

Last edited by statesman88; Apr 30th, 2014 at 10:53 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old Apr 30th, 2014, 01:45 PM
Togot's Avatar
Togot Togot is online now
Lone Wolf
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 2nd, 2023
RPXP: 8064
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
Posts: 9,221
Skurvin soaked in the information his new acquaintances so readily provided without complaint. Information was power, and Skurvin loved power. He made a note of the common threads in their visions, it was the most likely clue. Either the man wanted them to come to him, or someone else wanted them to kill him. Either way Skurvin did not like the thought of someone being able to invade his mind. This would have to be dealt with.

"A pleasure to meet you all," he says with a charming smile. "I am Skurvin Blackmane, and this is my associate, Kria." He gestured to the cloaked figure who remained silent, staring over the group. "As we all seem to be headed for the same place, it would be best to travel together, at least so long as our interests align. Though I am primarily a businessman, I do have a talent for magic." Skurvin hated giving information about himself, but he knew he had to show that he had value for the group to respect him. "Most of the front line stuff is done by Kria." Skruvin smiled proudly. "She's quite good at it."

 

 
__________________
I'm not intellectually arrogant, I'm just right all the time
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old May 1st, 2014, 11:54 PM
gunner525's Avatar
gunner525 gunner525 is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 24th, 2014
RPXP: 31
gunner525
Posts: 257
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old May 2nd, 2014, 07:55 PM
bgfnjk's Avatar
bgfnjk bgfnjk is offline
Grate Worm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 18th, 2018
RPXP: 402
bgfnjk bgfnjk bgfnjk bgfnjk bgfnjk
Posts: 676
"That group seams almost ready to go. I wounder if they have place for me to join them? Wistloon thinks as he watches the group next-to him. "I feel the less that know about the relic the better. If word gets out, The evil army that once was may come forth and I am none to stop them."

Setting down his now empty mug, Wistloon turns to Skurvin and replies to his statement "I have yet to fully test my power, but I to wish to go to the Unermountain. I think your associate will get lonely being the only one to give serous hurt, and sometimes you need something more then the simple--but effective--claw." Offering his hand to Skurvin he says "I too have had a vision and I too have a reason to descend. I wish to join your expedition."
__________________
Why?
Why not?
And Why why not?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old May 2nd, 2014, 08:07 PM
Togot's Avatar
Togot Togot is online now
Lone Wolf
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 2nd, 2023
RPXP: 8064
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
Posts: 9,221
Skurvin looks at the newcomer addressing him. He offers a tight smile as he accepts the handshake. More fodder for the cannon, he thinks. Why not?

What he says is, "Glad to have you. It seems we all have business below the mountain. Best to travel together."

With that introduction out of the way, Skurvin glances at Kria. Even he is unable to tell if she is offended by this new competition. He does know that her claws are indeed effective, as well as her teeth and tail, but if this fellow wanted to take a few hits for her, Skurvin wasn't going to complain.
__________________
I'm not intellectually arrogant, I'm just right all the time
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:23 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB