The Adventure Begins - Page 7 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #91  
Old May 20th, 2014, 03:18 PM
Togot's Avatar
Togot Togot is online now
Lone Wolf
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 2nd, 2023
RPXP: 8064
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
Posts: 9,220
right-aligned image

As Kria returned to the material realm, she let out a roar akin to that of a jungle car. Baring her fangs and flexing her claws, she took an aggressive stance, looking about for any sign of danger. Being dismissed in such an unexpected manner had given her the impression Skurvin was under attack, and she was eager to defend him, and kill whoever had separated her from her master.

Skurvin smiles happily and gives a light chuckle, delighted to see her back and well. He had feared he would need to spend an hour bringing her back, and the uncomfortable questions that might raise. It was going to be hard enough explaining this already.

"It's all right, my dear, we are quite safe." he says in a soothing voice.

Kria quickly complies, but she glares at Errya.
__________________
I'm not intellectually arrogant, I'm just right all the time

Last edited by Togot; May 20th, 2014 at 03:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old May 20th, 2014, 03:34 PM
statesman88's Avatar
statesman88 statesman88 is offline
Force of Balance
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 28th, 2018
RPXP: 1794
statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88
Posts: 1,292
"Are you going to answer me?" Jasen called to Errya, even more loudly. Rather than pursue her, even though she is apparently a con-woman, he decided to make one final check. He sang three high notes--similar to what he did when trying to find the secret door--and cast Detect Magic. ((If the scroll has an aura, he will concentrate on it.))

 
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old May 20th, 2014, 05:11 PM
LizziG's Avatar
LizziG LizziG is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 29th, 2017
RPXP: 18
LizziG
Posts: 121
Valtyra fished in her bag and pulled out 10 gold coins. She shyly held them out to Jasen. "I know this is far less than what you lost, but its all I have." She felt terrible about this whole mess, and wanted to do whatever she could to help her companion recover from this very disappointing set back.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old May 20th, 2014, 07:21 PM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,321
MadantyaMad stands at the southern entrance to the room, and turns back when the commotion starts up. Apparently it seemed that it was a con after all, unless there was something behind the map being magical. For twenty gold pieces, you'd imagine there was some magic involved, but it seemed more likely they were crooks. She unhooked her crossbow from her side, and held it in her hands, though she did not level the sights. She would wait for the others reactions, before moving to assault Errya and her bugbear companions. When Skurvin resummoned Kira, she found her suspicions were correct. She noted the kindness in Valtyra's actions, it was as if she held onto an innocence that Mad had not known in some time. Most would chop it up to a weakness, and allow the man to suffer his loss, but she was willing to break her coin to try and help appease Jasen.

If it is just blank... perhaps we'll take the coin back from the man who recommended the map dealer, on our way out of this place... Each person plays a roll in a con, and when we make it back alive, he will have to answer for it... She thinks to herself, watching and standing ready to shoot into action if need be. She may have done some unsavory things in her life, but she did not have to resort to thievery and cons. Mad spits off to the side, and continues to wait.
__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; May 20th, 2014 at 07:22 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old May 22nd, 2014, 05:49 PM
gunner525's Avatar
gunner525 gunner525 is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 24th, 2014
RPXP: 31
gunner525
Posts: 257
Even with Jasen's spell, nothing appeared on the "map" and no aura of magic was apparent. It was, indeed, a con. Errya climbed the stairs out of sight.
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old May 22nd, 2014, 06:05 PM
statesman88's Avatar
statesman88 statesman88 is offline
Force of Balance
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 28th, 2018
RPXP: 1794
statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88
Posts: 1,292
Jasen looked angry until Valtyra offered him some gold. Then he smiled. "Keep your gold. I'm the one who bought something from a woman in a cave without bothering to insist on seeing the goods first. But that's very kind of you."

His faith in humanity apparently restored, Jasen gazed at the stairs. "Well, friends, you think we can handle those monsters of hers?" He tightened his grip on his ranseur, stowed the scroll in his pack, and walked back into the room of pillars.

 
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old May 22nd, 2014, 08:11 PM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,321
MadantyaMad stares down the path a little loner, and finally turns back to the others. She replies to Jasen's question. "Possibly, but there is that possibility they're expecting it, and an ambush lies in wait... either that or they think we are not foolish enough to try, a bug bear is no joke." And there are two of them... She thinks to herself. "Perhaps there will be a way to regain your coin later, who knows what things of value lay around this place."
__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old May 23rd, 2014, 12:57 PM
LizziG's Avatar
LizziG LizziG is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 29th, 2017
RPXP: 18
LizziG
Posts: 121
Valtrya slipped the gold back into her bag. She watched Jasen walk back into the pillar room and stopped when Mad spoke. She was inclined to agree with her. There was little she would be able to do in a room protected from magic. "Maybe we can find a way to make her pay later on? It looks like she's not going anywhere..."
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old May 24th, 2014, 01:19 PM
statesman88's Avatar
statesman88 statesman88 is offline
Force of Balance
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 28th, 2018
RPXP: 1794
statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88
Posts: 1,292
"An ambush does seem likely." Jasen walked around the room and
Dice Perception, in case anything's in this room:
1d20+6 (15)+6 Total = 21
looked at the pillars thoughtfully. He pulled out some ink and a quill and began trying to make a map of the rooms visited so far, on the blank scroll. "I'm not sure how useful this will be, but it's worth a try."

"Where shall we go next?"

 
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old May 24th, 2014, 06:38 PM
gunner525's Avatar
gunner525 gunner525 is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 24th, 2014
RPXP: 31
gunner525
Posts: 257
Even as Jasen and the others searched the room, there was nothing else to be found.
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old May 25th, 2014, 01:14 PM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,321
Madantya"Well, No point and hanging around here... let's head south to certain doom." She says mockingly, though there is the faintest bit of concern locked behind her eyes. "With such a well traveled place, it's best to scare off as many as you're able, to save the best prizes for last... or to protect one's horrible interests they may have." She thinks to herself, and starts walking south. "Last call for objections? Going once..." She continues to walk, heading down the stairs slowly. "Going twice..."
__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old May 25th, 2014, 02:02 PM
gunner525's Avatar
gunner525 gunner525 is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 24th, 2014
RPXP: 31
gunner525
Posts: 257
In the blink of an eye, one of the stone pillars became a silk-draped, beautiful female figure wielding a bastard sword. It let out a ghastly scream and charged for Madantya's retreating back.

((Roll for initiative and give your first round's actions, please.))
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old May 25th, 2014, 02:15 PM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,321
Madantya Lin LightbringerThe scream caught her attention like nothing else, having her first think the sound of movement was her companions following her. She turns around as quick as she's able, bringing her shield up, preparing for the advancing aggressor. "Damn it." A look of anger crosses her face, as her eyes try to determine just what the shrieking being is. She immediately starts walking the screaming figure with the bastard sword, bringing her falcata out for a swing. She comes down quick with her blade, but already she knows the precision is off.


 
__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; May 25th, 2014 at 02:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old May 25th, 2014, 03:34 PM
statesman88's Avatar
statesman88 statesman88 is offline
Force of Balance
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 28th, 2018
RPXP: 1794
statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88
Posts: 1,292
Jasen
Dice Initiative:
1d20+2 (9)+2 Total = 11
started at the newfound attack. He positioned himself about 10 feet behind the woman, in an attempt to flank her with Madantya, and tried to use his ranseur to
Dice Disarm -- +4 CMB +2 Disarm weapon:
1d20+6 (18)+6 Total = 24
Note that the ranseur is a reach weapon, which is why he's 10 feet away.
wrench the bastard sword from her grasp.

"What is this--some kind of enchantment?" He asks no one in particular. "I thought we were in an anti-magic field!"

 
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old May 26th, 2014, 02:51 PM
LizziG's Avatar
LizziG LizziG is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 29th, 2017
RPXP: 18
LizziG
Posts: 121
Valtrya's heart nearly burst out of her chest. Her nerves were already on edge and being attacked by a magic pillar certainly wasn't helping matters. Instinctively, she reached out to Jasen and reached for her magic. It was only afterwards that she remembered the anti-magic field.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:13 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB