The Adventure Begins - Page 8 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #106  
Old May 27th, 2014, 09:14 PM
Togot's Avatar
Togot Togot is offline
Lone Wolf
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 8th, 2023
RPXP: 8064
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
Posts: 9,236
Skurvin
Dice Skurvin's initiative:
d20+1 (15)+1 Total = 16
Considers falling back into the anti-magic field. If this creature was indeed magic, and it certainly
Dice knowledge arcana:
d20+5 (1)+5 Total = 6
seemed to be, he would be safe there, but then he had no intention of simply staying there.

5 ft step away from enemyStepping back he aimed his crossbow and
Dice crossbow attack:
d20+1 (8)+1 Total = 9
Dice pircing damage:
d8 2
fired, while giving Kria the simple order of, "Kria, kill it."

His companion
Dice Kria's initiative:
d20+5 (9)+5 Total = 14
steps forward boldly, speaking for the first time. "As you wish," is all she says before lunging at the animated enemy and
Dice claw attack:
d20+8 (4)+8 Total = 12
Dice slashing damage:
d4+5 (3)+5 Total = 8
swiping at it with her claws.

 

 
__________________
I'm not intellectually arrogant, I'm just right all the time
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old May 31st, 2014, 10:21 PM
gunner525's Avatar
gunner525 gunner525 is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 24th, 2014
RPXP: 31
gunner525
Posts: 257
Madantya's attack was, indeed, off, and the tall woman stepped to the side, away from the blade.

Valtyra cast her spell from outside the room, and, while there didn't seem to be any effect on Jasen, she could still feel, somehow, that her spell had attached itself to him. It was suppressed, not dispelled.

With a start, Skurvin realized that he had absolutely no idea what this creature was. He fired his crossbow, but the bolt flew over the creature's shoulder and clattered against the far wall. He made sure he ended up outside the room again, so that Kria would not vanish again. ((I'm assuming that would be your aim, Togot))

It all seemed to be for nothing, however, as the creature took one look at Madantya reentering the room and then resumed her position and became a pillar again.

((Battle is concluded, at least for the moment. You can post as normal again.))
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old May 31st, 2014, 11:33 PM
Togot's Avatar
Togot Togot is offline
Lone Wolf
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 8th, 2023
RPXP: 8064
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
Posts: 9,236
"I see," Skurvin says, regaining his composure and loading another bolt. "It is activated by someone crossing the threshold of that room and deactivated when they are no longer there."

He finishes loading his weapon. "Well then, everybody get ready, and then someone step across the threshold. When it comes to life this time, we hit it with everything we've got."

Kria follows his direction without question, positioning herself in front of the statue with claws poised to strike.

 

 
__________________
I'm not intellectually arrogant, I'm just right all the time

Last edited by Togot; May 31st, 2014 at 11:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old Jun 1st, 2014, 08:10 AM
statesman88's Avatar
statesman88 statesman88 is offline
Force of Balance
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 28th, 2018
RPXP: 1794
statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88
Posts: 1,292
"Good idea." Jasen stepped across the line, next to Madantya, and He's readying an action. This should mean that he will get two attacks (a readied disarm attempt once she's 10 feet away, and an Attack of Opportunity if she tries to get any closer) before the pillar-lady can attack him. Here are the rolls, if it all works out:
Dice Disarm:
1d20+6 (17)+6 Total = 23
Dice AoO:
1d20+4 (18)+4 Total = 22
2d4+6 (3, 4)+6 Total = 13
(The AoO should get an additional +2 if he gets a flanking bonus.)
prepared to disarm the pillar-lady as soon as she came within range of his weapon.

 

Last edited by statesman88; Jun 1st, 2014 at 08:14 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old Jun 1st, 2014, 12:13 PM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,321
MadantyaThe spectacle of the form that came after her, suddenly reappearing as a pillar, was almost comical to her. She found herself chuckling at the plan, sheathing her blade as she did so. She then pulls up her crossbow, leveling it in her hands and aiming it towards the pillar. She eyeballs Jasen and his lengthy weapon. "You should place yourself within reach of another pillar as well, if you can be within a quick strike of both... just in case the creature doesn't appear from the same spot." She is truly no wizard, but she trusted in her instincts. Once everybody is in position, she'll cautiously step backwards over the threshold, with her crossbow aimed at the pillar that animated.


 
__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old Jun 3rd, 2014, 12:09 PM
LizziG's Avatar
LizziG LizziG is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 29th, 2017
RPXP: 18
LizziG
Posts: 121
Valtrya hesitantly pulled her dagger from her bag and held it out in front of her. It was clear she wouldn't be able to depend on her magic and she felt nervous at the thought of trying to fight with a material weapon. She took what she thought was a defensive stance, and waited.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old Jun 3rd, 2014, 04:45 PM
gunner525's Avatar
gunner525 gunner525 is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 24th, 2014
RPXP: 31
gunner525
Posts: 257
Madantya stepped out of the room once again. The pillar once again became the woman with the broadsword and began to head towards Madantya as the group reacted immediately to the transformation and attacked.

((Give me new initiative and attack rolls, for those who haven't yet. Since you were all prepared, you get to act in a surprise round))
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old Jun 3rd, 2014, 05:19 PM
LizziG's Avatar
LizziG LizziG is offline
Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 29th, 2017
RPXP: 18
LizziG
Posts: 121

Last edited by LizziG; Jun 3rd, 2014 at 05:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old Jun 4th, 2014, 06:16 PM
statesman88's Avatar
statesman88 statesman88 is offline
Force of Balance
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 28th, 2018
RPXP: 1794
statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88
Posts: 1,292
Dice Initiative:
1d20+2 (19)+2 Total = 21
Seeing the woman's surprise, Jasen took a single step towards her and made another
Dice Disarm:
1d20+6 (16)+6 Total = 22
disarm attempt.

 
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old Jun 4th, 2014, 07:30 PM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,321
MadantyaThe pillar comes back to life, and Mad lets the crossbow fire. She then drops the ranged weapon next to her, and goes to draw her weapon. She waits for the form to advance on her, staying just outside the barrier so it stays animated. Once she's within striking range, Falcata 1d8 18-20/x3,
Dice Atk:Falcata:
1d20+3 (20)+3 Total = 23
(+2 Flanking?),
Dice Critical Confirmation:
1d20+3 (13)+3 Total = 16
(+2 Flanking?),
Dice possible damage:
1d8+2 (6)+2 Total = 8
she swings a vertical slice with her Falcata, aiming for the chest and neck.


 
__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; Jun 4th, 2014 at 07:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old Jun 5th, 2014, 04:54 PM
Togot's Avatar
Togot Togot is offline
Lone Wolf
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 8th, 2023
RPXP: 8064
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
Posts: 9,236
The moment the figure took form, Kria attacked it with vicious swipes of her
Dice claw 1:
d20+8 (19)+8 Total = 27
Dice claw 1 slashing damage:
d4+5 (4)+5 Total = 9
Dice claw 2:
d20+8 (11)+8 Total = 19
Dice claw 2 slashing damage:
d4+5 (2)+5 Total = 7
claws. With an odd twist of her body, a long muscular
Dice tail slap:
d20+3 (19)+3 Total = 22
Dice Blunt damage:
d6+3 (6)+3 Total = 9
tail also swung out from under her cloak to swat the foe.


Skurvin takes a
Dice shooting into melee:
d20-3 (2)-3 Total = -1
Dice piercing damage:
d8 4
shot with his crossbow, though it is difficult to aim with so much gonig on.

 

 
__________________
I'm not intellectually arrogant, I'm just right all the time
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old Jun 5th, 2014, 07:28 PM
gunner525's Avatar
gunner525 gunner525 is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 24th, 2014
RPXP: 31
gunner525
Posts: 257
Jasen sprang forward and attempted to flip the woman's sword from her hand. To his astonishment, however, despite properly performing the maneuver, the sword seemed to be stuck in the woman's hand.



Madantya's bolt flew past the creature and struck the wall behind it. She pulled out her melee weapon and prepared for its charge.

Skurvin shot at the creature as well, but was too excited and lifted his weapon before the shot was fired. The bolt lodged itself in the ceiling above his head.

Kria, however, managed to make huge gouges in the creatures skin with her claws and tail. Everyone watched on, however, as no blood leaked from the wounds, instead looking like Kria had just carved into a chunk of clay.

Finally, Valtyra unleashed her own crossbow bolt, striking the creature's thigh.

((Actions for the first regular round of combat, please))
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old Jun 5th, 2014, 08:48 PM
statesman88's Avatar
statesman88 statesman88 is offline
Force of Balance
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 28th, 2018
RPXP: 1794
statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88 statesman88
Posts: 1,292
"The sword is part of her..." Jasen said softly. "She must have been created by magic, by someone who doesn't want us to go that way."

He
Dice Attack and Damage:
1d20+4 (8)+4 Total = 12
2d4+6 (3, 4)+6 Total = 13
jabs with his ranseur again, making no effort to spare an enemy that seems to be more construct than creature.

 
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old Jun 5th, 2014, 08:50 PM
Togot's Avatar
Togot Togot is offline
Lone Wolf
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 8th, 2023
RPXP: 8064
Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot Togot
Posts: 9,236
Dice initiative:
d20+5 (7)+5 Total = 12
Undeterred by the lack of body fluids, Kria continued to
Dice claw 1:
d20+8 (2)+8 Total = 10
Dice claw 1 slashing damage:
d4+5 (4)+5 Total = 9
Dice claw 2:
d20+8 (16)+8 Total = 24
Dice claw 2 slashing damage:
d4+5 (2)+5 Total = 7
Dice tail slap:
d20+3 (4)+3 Total = 7
Dice bludgeoning damage:
d6+3 (2)+3 Total = 5
rip into her opponent.

Dice initiative:
d20+1 (17)+1 Total = 18
Skurvin, disappointed that their initial attack had failed to drop the creature, reloads his crossbow, trusting Kria to keep the thing busy

 

 
__________________
I'm not intellectually arrogant, I'm just right all the time

Last edited by Togot; Jun 5th, 2014 at 08:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old Jun 6th, 2014, 12:37 AM
Spazztick's Avatar
Spazztick Spazztick is offline
I'm the Scatman!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 15th, 2021
RPXP: 3030
Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick Spazztick
Posts: 3,321
MadantyaMad holds her weapon down to her side, poised to strike. She stares at the animated being, taunting it with her eyes. She raises her free hand up, and starts to beckon the form towards her.


 
__________________
Ryart Dominrall Rinson | Sil Ka'Visscar

Last edited by Spazztick; Jun 6th, 2014 at 12:39 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:12 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB