Game Thread Princess For Sale, Very Cheap - Page 7 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Pookas and Paladins
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #91  
Old Jul 31st, 2014, 03:17 PM
Muggins's Avatar
Muggins Muggins is offline
Femme as Hecc
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 11th, 2022
RPXP: 8974
Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins
Posts: 7,000
Gabrielle didn't like the sound of chasing after kidnappers on foot - or tail, as it here. For one thing, their princess-thief was moving at a ludicrous rate. For another, she'd only just gotten the hang of 'walking' normally! With her slithery body and goopy consistency, her prospects of performing a successful chase seemed slim. Doubly so if they'd have to do some hiking along the way.

"Without transport, can we make it in time?" she asked her companions, "we'd be slower, especially with a climb." Gabrielle tapped at her chin, evalutating her options carefully. Could they even afford transport? She remembered putting down some money on her character sheet, the remainder from her pre-game purchases, but she wasn't entirely sure where she hid her inventory. Or where anybody else hid their inventory, for that matter. Hammerspace?

"Dear Pooka, we'll do our best!" she said, "but might you know of the fastest way west?" Cursing her own twisting, forked tongue, Gabrielle tried again. "By foot and tail we'll reach there soon," she mused, "but by then it shall be long past noon." She sighed, but the point was made; they'd need more than just optimism to reach Eldridge first, if at all.
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old Jul 31st, 2014, 09:39 PM
Morathor's Avatar
Morathor Morathor is online now
ArtistErrant
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 28th, 2023
RPXP: 10232
Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor
Posts: 3,880
Terri returns as quickly as she can in the somewhat cumbersome armor. It is already sweltering, but she has no intention of being caught unprotected again. She rejoins the group as Gabby is explaining, to the best of her ability anyway, the need for transport. This was usually the point in the game where she would have attempted to pressure or swindle the nearest authority figure into giving them some help with that, but Terri isn't really feeling it right now. Besides it's probably out of character, if that was a thing that mattered anymore. She clears her throat. "I have a little money, and I'll be glad to pitch in whatever I can. But, if your highness could offer us any assistance, we'd be most grateful."
__________________
Constantly updating my custom pathfinder races for my Ascana setting, would love thoughts, suggestions, and constructive criticism!

Last edited by Morathor; Jul 31st, 2014 at 09:40 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old Jul 31st, 2014, 11:30 PM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,629
The prince nods, and sets about getting you some horses. The horsemaster is a lizard with a poofy hat, and she looks at you oddly. You're having the gryphon. Ride a horse. Please don't eat her horses. That would be Rude.

Also there's the matter of the gremlin. Does she get her own horse, and hope for the best? Or does she snuggle up with Terri? Decisions decisions.
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.
Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old Jul 31st, 2014, 11:58 PM
Andramal's Avatar
Andramal Andramal is offline
Follower of Another Way
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 7th, 2016
RPXP: 249
Andramal Andramal Andramal
Posts: 1,363
The gryphon doth not need a horse...except as a packed lunch (I'm pretty sure I can fly. :P lol)
__________________
One day I'll find more things to put here, but until then, I'll just admire how I make a fine use of space and...oh, wait, I'm not doing that anymore as I typ~STOP TYPING DANGIT!
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old Aug 7th, 2014, 11:50 AM
Andramal's Avatar
Andramal Andramal is offline
Follower of Another Way
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 7th, 2016
RPXP: 249
Andramal Andramal Andramal
Posts: 1,363
[Double post because I can]

Gui/Kedrith could technically let ze Gremlin ride on him, though heights could be an issue, or air, or falling off. But surely he can catch falling gremlins!

There might be a death waiver involved though; just in case.
__________________
One day I'll find more things to put here, but until then, I'll just admire how I make a fine use of space and...oh, wait, I'm not doing that anymore as I typ~STOP TYPING DANGIT!
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old Aug 9th, 2014, 10:28 AM
Muggins's Avatar
Muggins Muggins is offline
Femme as Hecc
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 11th, 2022
RPXP: 8974
Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins
Posts: 7,000
While the negotiations had gone swimmingly, Gabrielle wasn't too sure about the horse riding. As the typical example of a city-slicker, she'd never actually seen a horse before - at least, not in person. The thought of having to ride one was harrowing at best. Where did she even start? Every horse had a saddle and stirrups, but how was she supposed to supposed to mount it without legs? The fact that she had a gloopy tail instead of two feet introduced some unpleasant dilemmas.

Furrowing her brow and looking a mite bit troubled, she prayed that at least Globule would know what to do. Given that her more slithery side had been so fond of the cats, she could only hope. Thus, Gabrielle waddled up to the side of the horse and - after a moment of mental crisis - began to climb up the side of the horse. The end result was something similar to a woman in a dress aboard a bike, with both legs on one side. Suffice to say, Gabrielle was not amused.

"Stupid game, stupid snake, stupid tail," she growled, "come on, then; let's follow that trail." She was clearly all too eager to just put it behind her and move on.

Dice Ride Check, for Funzies:
1d20+6 (3)+6 Total = 9

Last edited by Muggins; Aug 9th, 2014 at 10:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old Aug 11th, 2014, 04:00 PM
Morathor's Avatar
Morathor Morathor is online now
ArtistErrant
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 28th, 2023
RPXP: 10232
Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor
Posts: 3,880
Although Terri had asked about transportation, she is a little nervous about the horse. She's never ridden one, and she's not entirely certain she's ever seen one in the flesh. Surely she must have, though, maybe on a field trip of some kind? Regardless, she's not even really sure how to get on. But, she knows not to worry too much, as she can apparently call on Falaschi's skills and experiences--

Wait. Has Falaschi ever ridden a horse? It seems kind of weird for a goat guy to ride a horse. But then he is kind of a knight, so maybe? I don't think I put any ranks into Ride though... well, but I don't need that just to get on and off and ride around. That's only going to matter if there's any sort of trouble. Which there's pretty much bound to be. And with the armor check penalty... oh lord. I'm going to fall comically off this horse aren't I? At least I hope it will be comical. This whole setting is kinda playful, so it won't get too bad will it? Terri tries very hard not to think about the possibility of breaking a limb in the fall, or worse, being trampled by her steed.

Maybe I can come up with a good line for falling off a horse. Mulling over song lyrics rather than gruesome horse-related injuries, Terri scrambles into the saddle. It's a little hard; she's not entirely sure what she's doing and her armor is cumbersome.
__________________
Constantly updating my custom pathfinder races for my Ascana setting, would love thoughts, suggestions, and constructive criticism!
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old Aug 13th, 2014, 06:25 PM
Aerandor's Avatar
Aerandor Aerandor is offline
Bewitched by the Moon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 22nd, 2021
RPXP: 4261
Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor
Posts: 5,179
Miles had been quiet for some time, suddenly feeling unsure of how to go about actually being an adventurer. When it was just a game, he could gloss over the logistical parts, reading his comics while his companions finagled over the details. But now, he started worrying about what he should or shouldn't say to the new prince so his head didn't get lopped-off by that giant sword of his, or how worthwhile this whole adventuring idea really was. Sure, it sounded like fun, sure he'd likely get tons of cash, but, now lacking a DM to make sure nothing too bad happened to his character, just how much was he willing to risk his life? If he died in a game world, would he die in real life too? Briefly, he imagined trying to make a life for himself here, keeping a low profile and working whatever passed for a normal job until the end of his days. But in the end, there was really only one option he could live with.

His inner turmoil set aside, Miles looked up at his three companions. "Err, I don't think I could handle a horse, so could I ride with either of you, um.. boys? Sorry Gab, but there doesn't look like a lot of extra room for me up there with you." He really hoped that Terri wasn't offended, this whole gender change business being what it was.
OOCSorry for the long delay everyone. Things went pretty poorly for me recently and I'm still trying to bring my posting back up to speed. I'll try to be more consistent from now on.
__________________
Characters: Julia, Saru

Last edited by Aerandor; Aug 13th, 2014 at 06:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old Aug 18th, 2014, 03:23 PM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,629
Miles: You ride with Terri. The platemail is like a nice little car seat, except not as squishy.

Gabbi: After much consternation, you wrap your butt around the horse. This Worries it slightly, but it decides that you're not going to squish it after you pap it on the head gently. There there. Hugs are good for you.

You ride! Eventually you ARE there yet(after 2 hours or so), as the map pops up a little compass showing your general heading towards the place. A 3-d compass even, which is nice. Princess Alicia(and presumably Strange the Jerkbunny) are up... there. Nice sandstoney mountain to go with nice sandstoney desert. A little kangaroo rat looks up at you, before hopping away in disgust. You're not food.
Dice Search?:
1d20 17

Someone has not done a good job of hiding the SECRET CAVE ENTRANCE. You imagine the cave is more than just a little bear cave, if the map is pointing a ways up the mountain. Secret fortresses! This sounds like a proper DnD game. A boulder is covering half of the entrance, which is large enough to accommodate a Large size creature comfortably. There are no lights inside, so barring intervention on your part, you will be in danger of being eaten by a grue.

The moon is rising overhead. Hopefully you can get this done and back to town before morning.
OOCFrom here on out, Perception checks will be assumed to be just passively looking around, and I'll roll them when entering areas. If you want to take time to search a place in detail, tell me.
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.

Last edited by Fragmaster01; Aug 18th, 2014 at 03:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old Aug 19th, 2014, 01:20 PM
Andramal's Avatar
Andramal Andramal is offline
Follower of Another Way
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 7th, 2016
RPXP: 249
Andramal Andramal Andramal
Posts: 1,363
Gui/Kedrith doesn't have particularly fancy night vision he's aware of - or Cave Vision for that matter. He also doesn't have any spells for lighting things up either, so he looked to the rest of his group. "I don't suppose anyone has a 'light' spell of one sort or another handy?"

Personally, he'd like to regain his spells, but now it seemed sort of dickish to 'rest for the next day' or whatever when they were on a time crunch of sorts. At least he had sharp things to fight with..and hopefully that would do for now.
__________________
One day I'll find more things to put here, but until then, I'll just admire how I make a fine use of space and...oh, wait, I'm not doing that anymore as I typ~STOP TYPING DANGIT!
Reply With Quote
  #101  
Old Aug 19th, 2014, 04:37 PM
Aerandor's Avatar
Aerandor Aerandor is offline
Bewitched by the Moon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 22nd, 2021
RPXP: 4261
Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor
Posts: 5,179
"Uh, well, I can light things on fire or blind you, but that's the best I've got." Miles hadn't really thought about what spells would help the group the most, but now he kind o wished he had. He wasn't sure if there was still such a thing as 'leveling up' but if there was, he would try to remember to swap out one of his spells for something more useful in the future. As it was, he put away the current issue of Bone comics he was reading, looking around at the entrance to the cave.
__________________
Characters: Julia, Saru
Reply With Quote
  #102  
Old Aug 19th, 2014, 11:08 PM
Morathor's Avatar
Morathor Morathor is online now
ArtistErrant
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 28th, 2023
RPXP: 10232
Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor
Posts: 3,880
"Oh! Hold on. Hold on hold on. I've got this." Terri takes of her pack and begins digging through it. After nearly emptying the contents on the ground, she produces a small rock that... appears to be on fire. But it's not burning her hand, or the contents of her pack for that matter. "This should be it. I love these. It's an everburning torch, but cheaper for some reason. Also? Hands free. Hold on." After clenching her meaty fist around the stone, she lets it go, and the flaming rock floats up out of her palm and begins circling 1d3... er... a couple of feet from her head. She blinks a little as the light shifts and flickers. "Okay so in practice the orbiting light source is a little distracting... but still. I can always just grab it if we need steady light." She kneels down and repacks her pack.

But seriously
Dice Feet from Head:
1d3 1
__________________
Constantly updating my custom pathfinder races for my Ascana setting, would love thoughts, suggestions, and constructive criticism!
Reply With Quote
  #103  
Old Aug 20th, 2014, 12:01 AM
Andramal's Avatar
Andramal Andramal is offline
Follower of Another Way
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 7th, 2016
RPXP: 249
Andramal Andramal Andramal
Posts: 1,363
Gui nodded to that, looking a bit happier. "That's not a bad choice. Now that I think about it, I can probably turn into a bat or something if need be...I just have to try and remember everything about druids. Oh! And I have some of these pesky torches from those kits. Remind me to get one of those stones in the future." The gryphon rummaged his haversack pouches for some of his torches, ofering them to the others if they wanted to make lights of their own. He'll hold off on changes for now, and should they head toward the cave, he'll
Dice Perception:
1d20+12 (14)+12 Total = 26
look around actively for anything of interest.
__________________
One day I'll find more things to put here, but until then, I'll just admire how I make a fine use of space and...oh, wait, I'm not doing that anymore as I typ~STOP TYPING DANGIT!
Reply With Quote
  #104  
Old Aug 24th, 2014, 07:22 PM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,629
Gui: You spy with your gryphon eye... a tumbleweed. Roll, little katamari.

Inside the cave about 30 feet in, however, you spy a door. It's red wood, with gold-painted hinges(not actual gold, darn), and is large enough to comfortably let you through. You note a smaller, pooka sized door inset into it. Adorable.

Regardless, it's totally locked. Rude.
OOCMy bad. Didn't see that you'd lit up the thingy. Onward! Stealth mission! Metal Gear?!
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.
Reply With Quote
  #105  
Old Aug 25th, 2014, 06:43 PM
Andramal's Avatar
Andramal Andramal is offline
Follower of Another Way
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 7th, 2016
RPXP: 249
Andramal Andramal Andramal
Posts: 1,363
Gui's eyes were doing alright at least, and he pointed out the door to the others - assuming the need such pointing.

Gryphon jiggled handle, handle said no. He looked back to the others. "I don't suppose anyone can magically turn into a key or something?"

He looked toward the gooey counterpart of their group - hey, maybe it can happen!
__________________
One day I'll find more things to put here, but until then, I'll just admire how I make a fine use of space and...oh, wait, I'm not doing that anymore as I typ~STOP TYPING DANGIT!

Last edited by Andramal; Aug 26th, 2014 at 10:28 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:17 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB