Game Thread Princess For Sale, Very Cheap - Page 8 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Pookas and Paladins
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #106  
Old Aug 26th, 2014, 08:25 PM
Morathor's Avatar
Morathor Morathor is offline
ArtistErrant
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 7th, 2023
RPXP: 10236
Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor
Posts: 3,884
Terri shrugs. "Well if nobody here learned how to pick a lock, we might be able to break it down. Or maybe like... dismantle the hinges or something?" She grabs the ioun torch and holds it steady so she can more closely
Dice Perception if needed:
1d20 4
examine the hinges, to see if they are accessible from this side of the door.

OOCI mean, if we can see the hinges then they may be on our side of the door.
__________________
Constantly updating my custom pathfinder races for my Ascana setting, would love thoughts, suggestions, and constructive criticism!
Reply With Quote
  #107  
Old Aug 26th, 2014, 09:07 PM
Aerandor's Avatar
Aerandor Aerandor is offline
Bewitched by the Moon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 16th, 2023
RPXP: 4261
Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor
Posts: 5,179
Having internet connection issues at home and so I'm in the midst of switching providers. Should be back up within 2-4 days at the latest. I'm hoping to use some free wifi to post tomorrow in the meantime, but worst case is 2-4 days, just fyi.
__________________
Characters: Julia, Saru
Reply With Quote
  #108  
Old Aug 26th, 2014, 11:47 PM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,629
Terri: They are on the inside. Granted, you could try out your goatfeet and smash it in. You hear fighters are good at that.
OOCWrong thread, but gotcha. Mcdonalds tends to have passable wifi, as do coffee shops.
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.
Reply With Quote
  #109  
Old Aug 27th, 2014, 03:54 PM
Aerandor's Avatar
Aerandor Aerandor is offline
Bewitched by the Moon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 16th, 2023
RPXP: 4261
Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor
Posts: 5,179
OOCOops, of course I didn't see this until after just posting in the OOC thread :P
__________________
Characters: Julia, Saru
Reply With Quote
  #110  
Old Aug 30th, 2014, 10:47 PM
Andramal's Avatar
Andramal Andramal is offline
Follower of Another Way
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 7th, 2016
RPXP: 249
Andramal Andramal Andramal
Posts: 1,363
Gui/Kedrith considered the door(s) for a minute. "Well, The smaller door might be less supported than the big one. If we can knock that in - I'm sure one or two of us can squeeze in to maybe unlock the other door?"

Wild thoughts
__________________
One day I'll find more things to put here, but until then, I'll just admire how I make a fine use of space and...oh, wait, I'm not doing that anymore as I typ~STOP TYPING DANGIT!
Reply With Quote
  #111  
Old Aug 31st, 2014, 06:12 AM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,629
Dice Strength?:
1d20 1

You stub your toe.
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.

Last edited by Fragmaster01; Aug 31st, 2014 at 06:12 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #112  
Old Sep 3rd, 2014, 06:57 PM
Aerandor's Avatar
Aerandor Aerandor is offline
Bewitched by the Moon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 16th, 2023
RPXP: 4261
Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor
Posts: 5,179
"Oh!? Duh! Miles exclaimed, smacking her forehead with a dainty claw as he suddenly remembered that this was the role he was meant to fill. "Let me give it a shot. I built Delara for this kind of thing, after all." She sized up the odd door for a moment before settling on trying the smaller lock first. There was a distinct possibility that it had been built so that the pooka could enter and leave easily while the larger door was likely trapped to prevent unwanted intruders. She looked at her bracers for a moment, before it dawned on her that she had no idea what the command word for them was supposed to be. "Err.. uh.. it's thievin' time!" She shouted at the bracers, barely hoping that the command word might work. To her surprise, the bracers suddenly vanished, replaced by a set of tools clearly meant for all sorts of nefarious projects. "Well, better get to it I guess.." Instinctively, she selected a pair of thin tools with small hooks on their ends and
Dice Disable Device!:
d20+10 (20)+10 Total = 30
jammed them into the lock on the door. Listening carefully, she wiggled them back and forth in the keyhole, waiting for just the right combination of click sounds while she combed the barrel with the hook.
__________________
Characters: Julia, Saru
Reply With Quote
  #113  
Old Sep 6th, 2014, 01:29 PM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,629
Miles: You make it look easy. Haha. Watch and learn, foolish numbfingers.

Inside is a little entrance hall(20x30). There is a sign on the left wall, noting "Welcome to the Fortress of Solitude #3 " Below it is a helpful sign-in sheet with Name, Date, and Reason of Visit. A little note tells you "Princess Pickups are first come, first serve." So polite.

The place could do with some better decorating, though. Two gargoyles(the statue, not the lizardine race) glare at the door leading further inward, and there is a tapestry on the wall of a Human running through the wilderness, holding a bewildered male Pooka over her head and proudly declaring "Boy.", as if this were a very rushed engagement indeed. The woodland creatures in the tapestry are all depicted with looks of horror and confusion. If the artwork was meant to provoke conversation and concern for the artist's mental health, it seems to be successful.

A coat rack and doormat are off to the right side. The rack is empty, but two traveling boots(Small size) have been left here. There is a box offering complimentary bunny slippers, but it is empty.
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.

Last edited by Fragmaster01; Sep 6th, 2014 at 01:30 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #114  
Old Sep 6th, 2014, 09:27 PM
Andramal's Avatar
Andramal Andramal is offline
Follower of Another Way
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 7th, 2016
RPXP: 249
Andramal Andramal Andramal
Posts: 1,363
Gui/Kedrith is quite glad the first door has been unlocked....now they just need the second, bigger door to be unlocked so he can come in with them! "Good to see just about everything works so far. I'm a little concerned about your activation words, though."
__________________
One day I'll find more things to put here, but until then, I'll just admire how I make a fine use of space and...oh, wait, I'm not doing that anymore as I typ~STOP TYPING DANGIT!
Reply With Quote
  #115  
Old Sep 13th, 2014, 02:35 PM
Aerandor's Avatar
Aerandor Aerandor is offline
Bewitched by the Moon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 16th, 2023
RPXP: 4261
Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor Aerandor
Posts: 5,179
Miles only took in the space at a cursory glance, looking for the lock mechanism on this side of the door to see if he could let the others in. Having accomplished that, he opened the door triumphantly. "Well, if you liked that, then you'll love the next one," he smirked, "Mischief managed!" The small kit of tools instantly changed back into the bracers the little gremlin had been wearing a few moments ago. "I just hope there's no such thing as copyrights for magic item activation here.."
OOCGuess I was holding up the game, sorry about that! Onward!
__________________
Characters: Julia, Saru

Last edited by Aerandor; Sep 13th, 2014 at 02:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #116  
Old Sep 13th, 2014, 07:28 PM
Andramal's Avatar
Andramal Andramal is offline
Follower of Another Way
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 7th, 2016
RPXP: 249
Andramal Andramal Andramal
Posts: 1,363
Gui shook his head at the words, and gave Miles a pat on the head in passing. "Good girl." Ouch! Impish Gryphon is impish!

heading in, Gui/Kedrith spotted the tapestry. He gave a snort of amusement at the antics going on. "Cute. It's like the Lion King, only Parody style?"

As per the words for the door and all that...well, that didn't mean the Princess wasn't here. Two things came across as odd to the Gryphon: 1st: two statues pointing at a door - open excuse to blowtorch or shoot darts into a person who was busy with the door? 2nd: A doormat off by its lonesome? Granted, maybe that's a way doormats use to work.

He took a
Dice Perception check:
1d20+12 (7)+12 Total = 19
look at the wall/area aroudn the doormat and the statues for any telltale clues of hidden doors or 'booby' traps...though that's more of a Rogue thing, he might at least get a clue about something. Or maybe just help out. "Door might be trapped. Or maybe these things come to life to try and gobble us up. Seems silly to risk getting shot in the arse though."
__________________
One day I'll find more things to put here, but until then, I'll just admire how I make a fine use of space and...oh, wait, I'm not doing that anymore as I typ~STOP TYPING DANGIT!

Last edited by Andramal; Sep 13th, 2014 at 07:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #117  
Old Sep 14th, 2014, 12:22 AM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,629
The gargoyles appear to have something in the eye... ah, there you go. You don't know what it does, mind you, but it doesn't look like a laser or anything. Doorbell?
Minor Divination, Use-Activated
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.
Reply With Quote
  #118  
Old Sep 14th, 2014, 03:19 AM
Morathor's Avatar
Morathor Morathor is offline
ArtistErrant
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 7th, 2023
RPXP: 10236
Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor Morathor
Posts: 3,884
"What do you think, Miles? Are you up to checking the door? Wait... Gui did you find something?" Terri makes her way over to the gargoyles, trying to see what Gui is looking at. "Is that... a button? Somehow I don't think that pressing a hidden button is a good idea. But at the same time it's probably the only way to advance..."
__________________
Constantly updating my custom pathfinder races for my Ascana setting, would love thoughts, suggestions, and constructive criticism!
Reply With Quote
  #119  
Old Sep 14th, 2014, 10:19 AM
Muggins's Avatar
Muggins Muggins is offline
Femme as Hecc
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 11th, 2022
RPXP: 8974
Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins Muggins
Posts: 7,000
Gabrielle had never been much of an art connoisseur. Sure, it was easy to critique art, but a real critic had rules for that sort of thing - and Gabrielle had never much been one for rules. Having a largely independent adolescence usually had that sort of effect on people.

After resolving that her sticky, tacky goo-hands were not the sort of appendages that one should touch paper with, Gabrielle was forced to face the reality of their predicament. On the one pseudopod, tracking down the kidnapper and his apparent headquarters had been a relatively easy affair. On the other pseudopod, the ease of everything made her that much more suspicious. In video games, simple quests often led into bigger quests. Bad ones, at that. Gabrielle wasn't sure if she was ready for that sort of thing.

"We've made good progress, but so what if you're wrong?" she asked, "intelligent thinking is great and all, but this is taking way too long." Lurching up to her companions by the gargoyle, Gabrielle tried her best to reach in and press the button. What kind of secret button would lead to somewhere bad? Why would you even have that sort of thing?
Reply With Quote
  #120  
Old Sep 14th, 2014, 03:34 PM
Fragmaster01's Avatar
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 31st, 2023
RPXP: 9179
Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01 Fragmaster01
Posts: 11,629
You press it, but it doesn't give or do anything. That's probably not what it's for.
__________________
EDIT: My brain is fight. Awkward MRIs don't help. Expect delays.
A satyr rises in the morning, and hangs the coffee mug on his horns, so that he won't lose it.
The coffee is done, but the mug isn't in its usual spot. Where did it go? He forgot.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:59 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB