Game Thread Elegy of a Penal Ship (Fair Maiden) - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Raiders of the Savage Coast > Archive
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old Oct 9th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Colatine's Avatar
Colatine Colatine is offline
Rat of Dubious Liniage
Event Judge  

Former Staff  

Hall of Fame DM 2008
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 6th, 2015
RPXP: 1731
Colatine Colatine Colatine Colatine Colatine Colatine Colatine Colatine Colatine Colatine Colatine
Posts: 5,609
Reia was unsure as to the Captain's motives, trying to find some avenue of escape. Meanwhile, above deck, the others tried to discuss what to do about the trouble that was brewing; whatever Simon had to say must have been of some import. On a ship like this, it was easy for a man to disappear.

If things weren't already screwed enough, it was about to get a bit worse; the lights got turned out; completely. Within seconds, utter darkness swallowed the ship, the sun suddenly being enveloped in darkness. What was truly disturbing was not the eclipse, but rather that even those with darkvision could not see. In moments, the hush that had fallen over the Fair Maiden had burst like a pustule. screams of pain and panic, shouts of anger and despair, all rose up in a cacophony of bloody chaos.

OOCEveryone is effectively blind. Fend for yourselves!
__________________
"Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing."
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old Oct 10th, 2009, 12:28 AM
Rekal Rekal is offline
Rogue at Heart
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 26th, 2017
RPXP: 1211
Rekal Rekal Rekal Rekal Rekal Rekal Rekal Rekal Rekal
Posts: 1,221
"What in the bloody hell?" Tate cries out and grasps hold of the rail to maintain his balance and confirm his position. Blind? No, others are screaming, it must be happening to them as well... "Olly! Grab the rail! Don't get lost and fall overboard, you hear me?"

He waits several moments, listening to the sounds and screams before deciding on his next course. Tate gropes along the rail, and uses his memory to guide him off of the upper deck. "I'm going to try and get below deck. I'll feel safer without an ocean of water waiting to swallow me up after I trip..."

Last edited by Rekal; Oct 10th, 2009 at 12:28 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old Oct 10th, 2009, 05:25 PM
AlwaysCivilMike's Avatar
AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike is offline
And... he's back
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 23rd, 2020
RPXP: 10687
AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike
Posts: 7,130




CAPTAIN'S CABIN.....

The captain smiled at his newest crewMATE and said "My dear, am I happy you are on board. You know that the sea is such a lonely place." He started to unbuckle his belt while he stepped forward. Once the belt was undone he started to reach out for Riea's arm. However, the arm never reached Riea arm as the world went BLACK as night. There was a "What the...." A footstep...something bumped and a "OUCH MY LEG! Curse it woman, give me your hand."



ON DECK......

Tate and Olly are about to step downstairs and see if they can talk to Simon when the world....went DARK.

 

Last edited by AlwaysCivilMike; Oct 10th, 2009 at 05:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old Oct 10th, 2009, 11:03 PM
Amos's Avatar
Amos Amos is offline
Imported From Detroit
Hall of Fame DM 2010
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 3rd, 2013
RPXP: 6553
Amos Amos Amos Amos Amos Amos Amos Amos Amos Amos Amos
Posts: 6,765
Caught in the middle of a yawn, Olly's eyes were closed when he heard Tate scream out. Quickly regaining his breath, the young cleric grabbed for the rail as well, but stopped once he had it in hand. "No Tate, don't leave the safety of the rail, if you let go you may not find anything else to cling to." Thinking that getting below the level of the rail might be a good idea, Olly sat straight down while still holding tight. "Try getting as close to the deck as you can, keep your head down and hold on tight!"
__________________
Seriously slammed at work, instead of getting better, things are getting more hectic. Please hang in there or NPC me as needed.

Last edited by Amos; Oct 11th, 2009 at 07:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old Oct 11th, 2009, 04:39 PM
zevonian's Avatar
zevonian zevonian is offline
137 NPSG Graduates
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 31st, 2023
RPXP: 43520
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Posts: 39,949
Lydak heads off to where he saw the Captain and the Girl head off to. If he thinks they're in the Captain's quarters, he will knock before even thinking about entering.

oocapologies for the brief post. My regular net access is down today and tomorrow.

Last edited by zevonian; Oct 11th, 2009 at 04:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old Oct 12th, 2009, 03:12 AM
Humble Athena's Avatar
Humble Athena Humble Athena is offline
The Midnight Fairy
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 31st, 2023
RPXP: 37733
Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena
Posts: 14,668
Reia's eyes bug open wide as the Captain begins So.. not just interested in a friendly chat, then. She holds up her hands in front of her and begins to back away. "Not like this..." she starts to say, just before everything goes black.

Startled at first, then relieved at the interruption in the Captain's plans, she quickly realizes that he has the advantage of being familiar with the ship and especially the room they are in. Slowly and quietly she drops to the floor, listening for sounds of the Captain's location, and feeling the unseen ahead of her to avoid making the same telltale sounds of revelation, before following what seems to be the best path away from the captain, around and towards the door.

 
__________________
"There's something so human about taking something great and ruining it a little bit so you can have more of it." - Michael, The Good Place
'W' key on my posting laptop is acting up. Please forgive me and let me kno if I miss an instance of it dropping.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old Oct 13th, 2009, 06:30 PM
zevonian's Avatar
zevonian zevonian is offline
137 NPSG Graduates
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 31st, 2023
RPXP: 43520
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Posts: 39,949
Darkness struck as he went below deck. The instant disorientation left one of his senses less than useful. Must not start a panic. May be only I have been blinded. He leaned against one wall upon making it down the final step. He remained calm and slowly walked towards the Captain's Quarters. The years of training in balance and the multiple times he had already walked this path during guard duty served him well, for he was soon at the Boss' door. He knocked twice and loudly stated, "Captain. There is a problem."

oocAs I was down the deck already before darkness panic hit, would you be allowing a Take 10 on an Acrobatics check? That would give me ample score to beat the DC 12.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old Oct 14th, 2009, 11:26 PM
AlwaysCivilMike's Avatar
AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike is offline
And... he's back
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 23rd, 2020
RPXP: 10687
AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike AlwaysCivilMike
Posts: 7,130
THE CABIN……..

The captain was busy with some part of his body that bumped into a table or something else very hard. Distracted, he never noticed the moving little maiden in his presence until she was past him. She was not that stealthy mind you, but the fact that there was NO light and the captain was cursing a storm sort of helped out in that area. Feeling the walls she managed to move her way across to the door to the cabin. Just as she reached it she heard the captain say “Now, where did you go lass? Do be going and breaking anything in here now. There is trouble a brewing and I need to find out what it is.” Whether she believed him or not was not in her train of thought at the moment, escaping was. She pulled open the door and moved out onto the deck. Before she could even take one step, she ran into something big. So started by running into something that she fell back on her buttocks.

ON DECK…….

Moving cautiously Kydak managed to move his way across the deck to where he remembered the captain’s quarters were. Feeling the outline of the door frame and finally the doorknob made him smile because it was no simple feat to maneuver on a ship in a total blackout. He was about to knock when the handle was pulled out of his hand (swung inward) and something or someone moved and ran smack dab into his chest. Whatever it was did not have his mass as it bounced back and landed on the floor.

Last edited by AlwaysCivilMike; Oct 14th, 2009 at 11:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old Oct 14th, 2009, 11:49 PM
zevonian's Avatar
zevonian zevonian is offline
137 NPSG Graduates
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 31st, 2023
RPXP: 43520
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Posts: 39,949
Lydak slides one foot back and adopts a defensive stance. Unsure what to expect, he bellows into the darkness of the quarters. "Who goes there? Captain? Someone...need help."

oocCan Lydak see anything at all in the room? I shall edit the post if that's the case.

Last edited by zevonian; Oct 14th, 2009 at 11:51 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old Oct 15th, 2009, 06:26 PM
Amos's Avatar
Amos Amos is offline
Imported From Detroit
Hall of Fame DM 2010
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 3rd, 2013
RPXP: 6553
Amos Amos Amos Amos Amos Amos Amos Amos Amos Amos Amos
Posts: 6,765
Olly, still enveloped in the seemingly unnatural darkness, continued to hold on for all he was worth. The young cleric wasn't willing to let go and potentially get lost, but he was beginning to worry if the light would ever return, and if it did, what the scene would look like?

"Tate ... Tate are you still ok over there?"
__________________
Seriously slammed at work, instead of getting better, things are getting more hectic. Please hang in there or NPC me as needed.

Last edited by Amos; Oct 15th, 2009 at 06:32 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old Oct 16th, 2009, 07:09 AM
Rekal Rekal is offline
Rogue at Heart
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Aug 26th, 2017
RPXP: 1211
Rekal Rekal Rekal Rekal Rekal Rekal Rekal Rekal Rekal
Posts: 1,221
Tate gropes along the rail, futilely trying to find a way below deck. "Yes, I'm still over here." He grumbles back at Olly and then curses when he realizes he's not getting anywhere. "What is with this unnatural darkness?"

OOCPerception: 6 - To find a way below deck
Knowledge (Nature): 25 - To figure out what could be causing the blackout.
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old Oct 18th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Humble Athena's Avatar
Humble Athena Humble Athena is offline
The Midnight Fairy
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 31st, 2023
RPXP: 37733
Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena
Posts: 14,668
"Oooph!" Reia can't help the little gasp as she bumps into something... someone... large, and falls flat on her bum. Who's there? she wonders in a panic. If it's the Captain's second in command standing guard at the doorway, her chances of getting free just got a whole lot slimmer, as in next to none. The passages of a ship are too narrow to simply slip past unnoticed.

She scrambles to her feet quickly, still staying low for balance, not that it had done her a lot of good. "Please, let me pass." She whispers, though she has no doubt the sound will carry into the cabin behind her.
__________________
"There's something so human about taking something great and ruining it a little bit so you can have more of it." - Michael, The Good Place
'W' key on my posting laptop is acting up. Please forgive me and let me kno if I miss an instance of it dropping.
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old Oct 18th, 2009, 06:12 PM
zevonian's Avatar
zevonian zevonian is offline
137 NPSG Graduates
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 31st, 2023
RPXP: 43520
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Posts: 39,949
Lydak thinks he recognizes the voice whispering to him. It seems to belong to one of the few people he has spoken to on this vessel, the woman he was looking for.
"Ship covered in darkness. Stay to the left and step forward, woman."

He steps to his left, giving her time to pass. As soon as she has moved past him, he then retakes his stance, blocking further exit from the room. He leans forward ever so slightly and openly questions the air. "Anyone else in here?"

Last edited by zevonian; Oct 18th, 2009 at 06:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old Oct 19th, 2009, 04:11 PM
Humble Athena's Avatar
Humble Athena Humble Athena is offline
The Midnight Fairy
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 31st, 2023
RPXP: 37733
Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena
Posts: 14,668
"Thank you." Reia whispers, quickly slipping past the benevolent figure. She tries to feel her way to the open deck, that she not be cornered again so easily. Meanwhile, his words begin to break through her panic. The entire ship, covered in darkness? How was that possible? What did it mean?
__________________
"There's something so human about taking something great and ruining it a little bit so you can have more of it." - Michael, The Good Place
'W' key on my posting laptop is acting up. Please forgive me and let me kno if I miss an instance of it dropping.
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old Oct 19th, 2009, 06:20 PM
zevonian's Avatar
zevonian zevonian is offline
137 NPSG Graduates
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 31st, 2023
RPXP: 43520
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Posts: 39,949
Lydak speaks to her quietly. "This is Lydak. Take one step forward. Reach to wall on your left. Tell me who else in room."
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:34 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB