Notices

Closed Thread

Old Sep 8th, 2014, 03:09 PM
est. 2005

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 146
Dracc Dracc
If you start at a higher level, I like to enforce that my players make backstories that represent their previous experience. This works well because the players can play established heroes with confidence. Also, making them write backstories allows them to 'earn' their levels.
Old Sep 10th, 2014, 09:52 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 127
Mowque Mowque
Quote:
Originally Posted by th12teen View Post
If you start at a higher level, I like to enforce that my players make backstories that represent their previous experience. This works well because the players can play established heroes with confidence. Also, making them write backstories allows them to 'earn' their levels.
I once joined a Pathfidner game with mythic ranks. It was already on-going so I had to 'prove' I was an epic guy through my backstory. I had to create a pretty epic fight with a sea monster to prove my point....
Old Sep 25th, 2014, 03:41 PM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Vagrant
When I DM, I prefer to start at 3rd level when playing Pathfinder. 1st is just so boring!
Old Oct 5th, 2014, 09:07 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12
Aridor
Hi i gm pathfinder and tend to start running games with lvl1 characters, though in my present campaign I started them as base classes (npc classes i think cant remember the name) such as commoner, expert etc then did two simple adventures before gaining level 1. everyone enjoyed it as you think more because you are so vulnerable. the trouble with high level pathfinder, d&d i personally find is high levels become a number grind with hits in the hundreds
Closed Thread