twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Closed Thread

Old May 27th, 2015, 11:27 PM
Immature Human

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1624
SwiftBlade SwiftBlade SwiftBlade SwiftBlade SwiftBlade SwiftBlade SwiftBlade SwiftBlade SwiftBlade SwiftBlade SwiftBlade
Juggernaut feedback

Last edited by SwiftBlade; May 27th, 2015 at 11:31 PM.
Old May 27th, 2015, 11:38 PM
Immature Human

Tools
User Statistics
SwiftBlade SwiftBlade SwiftBlade SwiftBlade SwiftBlade SwiftBlade SwiftBlade SwiftBlade SwiftBlade SwiftBlade SwiftBlade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coprea View Post
I can't help but notice that the Invisible Blade name is already taken by a WotC prestige class from the Complete Warrior book, that could be confusing.

edit: Well, I didn't know, sorry about it then, but I was just pointing it out because one could in Theory have Invisible Blade levels and then take a the PrC with the same name, and at that point it would really get weird.
I doesn't much matter thought, if you don't think it is a problem, then I am probably exaggerating it.
I once made a Warblade/Warior/Psychic Warrior/Warmind/.... I also once made a Warrior/Hulking Hurler/War Hulk but that was just so I could throw dead enemies at live ones to make them dead
Old May 28th, 2015, 04:31 AM
Bane of Life

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1945
Dread Reaper Dread Reaper Dread Reaper Dread Reaper Dread Reaper Dread Reaper Dread Reaper Dread Reaper Dread Reaper Dread Reaper Dread Reaper

Last edited by Dread Reaper; Dec 21st, 2015 at 03:18 AM.
Old May 28th, 2015, 09:37 PM
Immature Human

Tools
User Statistics

Old May 28th, 2015, 10:04 PM
Bane of Life

Tools
User Statistics
Dread Reaper Dread Reaper Dread Reaper Dread Reaper Dread Reaper Dread Reaper Dread Reaper Dread Reaper Dread Reaper Dread Reaper Dread Reaper
Since you can't quote a quote, I'm gonna have to do this the old fashioned way...

2) "Greater Bull Rush: on a successful Bull Rush you may choose to reduce the distance your target moves by half to knock them prone at the end of it"

"Juggernaut Rush: This attack does not get a bonus to damage from Str (though damage dice & any other damage bonuses apply), instead the target is knocked prone.

When performing a successful Bull Rush, you now knock the target back by 5 feet per point of Str Mod in addition to the amount granted by the check, you do not have to move with the target. If your check beats theirs by 5 points or more, they are also knocked prone at the end of the movement."

3) The reason for not saying "refer to the table" is because if you notice there are 2 separate unarmed damage progressions. One that increases the size of your damage die & another that increases the quantity.

6) Misunderstood what you meant, when I went & reread what I wrote originally I caught it & corrected it.

9) Yeah, Jug & Fighter levels stack to determine your Fighter level for fighter bonus feats. Which pretty much only relates to weapon related feats like mastery, supremacy, etc etc. So you could say the focus of the FBF is to improve combat prowess, but that is the wonderful thing abt FBF, you choose what to focus on.

Last edited by Dread Reaper; May 28th, 2015 at 10:06 PM.
Old May 29th, 2015, 08:33 PM
Immature Human

Tools
User Statistics
2) I read and reread it. I have no qualms with the bullrush part it is auto-knocking down Con mod worth of dragons/tarrasques/etc. is situationally broken even though 95/100 the enemy would have failed a bullrush attempt anyway. I can't quite tell if you are saying that there is a bullrush attempt to avoid prone, but there is nothing in any of the descriptions that explicitly states the abilities do. It's your PrC to create as you wish, but if I was DMing, I would have issues with that even though the broken pieces would very rarely come up.

3) I would just take a look at the phrasing sometime. Again, I think the progression itself is good, just that phrasing might be more clear.

9) Honestly it's a good balanced feature that gives fighters something to shoot for as 1) Weapon focus, G weapon focus, weapons specialization, G weapon special, and melee weapon mastery would all help the Jug and 2) G weapon focus, G weapon special, and weapon supremacy requiring warblade or fighter levels to access.
Old May 29th, 2015, 08:36 PM
Immature Human

Tools
User Statistics
P.S. these are not allowed in the Gladiator arena you DM correct?
Old May 29th, 2015, 09:03 PM
Bane of Life

Tools
User Statistics
2) I read and reread it. I have no qualms with the bullrush part it is auto-knocking down Con mod worth of dragons/tarrasques/etc. is situationally broken even though 95/100 the enemy would have failed a bullrush attempt anyway. I can't quite tell if you are saying that there is a bullrush attempt to avoid prone, but there is nothing in any of the descriptions that explicitly states the abilities do. It's your PrC to create as you wish, but if I was DMing, I would have issues with that even though the broken pieces would very rarely come up.
It only knocks down on a successful bull rush, The larger your target, the larger it's bonus to resist your bull rush & the more likely it will resist. Large get +4, huge +8, gargantuan +16 & colossal +32. This isn't even accounting for their likely massive strength scores.

3) I would just take a look at the phrasing sometime. Again, I think the progression itself is good, just that phrasing might be more clear.
I'll read up after this

9) Honestly it's a good balanced feature that gives fighters something to shoot for as 1) Weapon focus, G weapon focus, weapons specialization, G weapon special, and melee weapon mastery would all help the Jug and 2) G weapon focus, G weapon special, and weapon supremacy requiring warblade or fighter levels to access.
Agreed & the reason for incorporating it, but drastically slowing the progression
Old Jun 16th, 2015, 11:25 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2703
Tashakar Tashakar Tashakar Tashakar Tashakar Tashakar Tashakar Tashakar Tashakar Tashakar Tashakar
Native Spirit Warrior

Game Rule Information

ABILITIES: Wisdom determines how powerful and how many a spell can be cast by the Spirit Warrior and how hard they are to resist, along with their Merge ability, Strength lends to their battle prowess as Dexterity aids them in their defenses. In order to cast a spell they must have a Wisdom of at least 10+ the spell's level, and the DC for their spells is 10+ the spell's level + their Wisdom modifier, and wisdom determines the number of bonus spells they receive.

ALIGNMENTS: NG, LN, N, CN, NE

HIT DIE: d8

CLASS SKILLS: Balance(DEX), Concentration(CON), Climb(STR), Craft(INT), Handle Animal(CHA), Heal(WIS), Hide(DEX), Intimidation(CHA), Jump(STR), Knowledge Geography(INT), Knowledge Local(INT), Knowledge Nature(INT), Listen(WIS), Move Silently(DEX), Profession(WIS), Ride(DEX), Search(INT), Spot(WIS), Survival(WIS), Swim(STR), Tumble(DEX), Use Rope(DEX)

SKILL POINTS AT FIRST LEVEL: (6+INT mod)x4

SKILL POINTS AT ADDITIONAL LEVELS: 6+INT mod

Class Features

WEAPON AND ARMOR PROFICIENCY:The Spirit Warrior has proficiency with all primitive and simple weapons such as bolas, clubs, daggers, short and long bows, nets, spears, Tiger skull club, and other such items. They are also proficient with all light armors, using bone, hides and leathers and with hide and light wooden shields. Check penalties apply for armor and shields and the penalties for primitive weapons apply. As the Druid they try not to use to much worked metal or else it interferes with their abilities. They carry no more than 20 lbs of worked metal, including coins, unless they loose the Merge ability and must go through a 24 hour ritual to regain it once the weight is decreased.

SPELLS:The Spirit Warrior follows in the lines of the Druid and Ranger, casting Divine spells which are taken from the Ranger spell list, but follow the Rangers progression. Their Alignment may come into play when trying to cast spells that conflict with their ethical and moral practices and beliefs.To prepare a spell the Warrior must have a Wisdom score of at the least 10+ spell level ( 10 for 0, 11 for 1st and so on. ) The difficulty class (DC) to save against the Warrior's spells are 10+ spell level+ Wisdom modifier. Like other casters they are limited to how many spells they can cast per day. Their daily allotment is as follows in the chart below. They also gain bonus spells for a higher Wisdom.

They do not have the ability to burn a memorized spell to spontaneously cast a cure or call spell as the others may.

Native Spirit Warrior
Spells Per Day
LvBABFRWSpecial
011200Totem Companion, Fast Movement, Tracking, Wild Empathy
022300Nature Sense, Endurance, Favored Enemy 1
033311Totem Merge 2, Primitive Weapon Mastery
044411Totem Speak
055411Stealthy in home environment
066/1522Totem Merge 4
077/2522 
088/3622Alertness, Favored Enemy 2
099/4633Totem Merged 6
1010/5733Trackless Step
1111/6/1733
1212/7/2844Totem Merge 8, Wisdom +AC
1313/8/3844 
1414/9/4944Stealthy in second environment
1515/10/5955Permanent Totem Merge
1616/11/6/11055 
1717/12/7/21055Improved Speed +10'
1818/13/8/31166Totem Rage 4
1919/14/9/41166 
2020/15/10/51266Enlarge Totem Form
Lvl1234

04 0

05 0

BONUS LANGUAGES: As a Druid the Spirit Warrior gains the Sylvan language as a bonus option, which is the language of animals, and as a known language they gain Druidic as they are part of the circles and are forbidden to teach others how to speak it.

TOTEM COMPANION: At first level the Spirit Warrior goes through a ritual that call their Totem companion to them, giving them a friend and companion through their life. The animal must be chosen from one that lives within your environment ( woods=bear, jungle=ape, etc. some animals may be found in multiple environments at Dm discretion ) and can be one size larger at max, but may be smaller than the Warrior. This animal is the same as a normal animal of it's type with the exception of having max HP per Hit Dice and an Intelligence of 4. They do not gain the bonuses as a Druids companion does.

The totem animal can communicate with the Warrior through a telepathic and emphatic link, conveying what the see and hear but it is an interpretation of the animal and it's feelings on the situation, this has a range of up to 1 mile. When the animal is chosen the end of the ritual finishes with the tattooing of a representation of it on the Warrior's body, location makes no difference.

FAST MOVEMENT (EX): At first level the Warrior gains the same Fast Movement ability as a Barbarian, giving them a 10' bonus to base speed as long as they wear no armor greater than light and do not carry a heavy load. Gaining a second boost to speed at 17th level.

WILD EMPATHY (EX): At first level the Warrior gains the Wild Empathy class skill as a Druid, they can use body language and vocalizations and demeanor to improve the attitude of animals. This ability functions just like a diplomacy check and is as follows. Roll D20 and adds their Warrior levels and their Charisma modifier, and unlike the Druid this can not be used on Magical Beasts.

TRACKING: At first level the Spirit Warrior gains Tracking as a bonus feat

ENDURANCE: At second level a Spirit Warrior gains Endurance as a bonus feat

FAVORED ENEMY (EX): At second level A Spirit Warrior gains the Favored Enemy as the Ranger does, gaining all the same bonuses when dealing with said enemy and gain a second enemy at 8th with the perspective bonuses laid out in the Rangers description.

TOTEM MERGE (SP): At third level the Spirit Warrior by way of his spiritual tattoo gains the ability to go into a type of shifting like the Druids Wildshape, that merges them and their Totem companion gaining a mixed Humanoid Animal Hybrid form like a Lycanthropy. Merging with the animal gains the Warrior boosts in the stats effected as per the Lycan creation template, they also gain +2 to the skills listed for the animal and they gain the feats the animal has. Gaining all these for the duration of the merge. They also gain any size modifiers for any increase or diminishing in size for the merge. If the animal has a fly or swim speed they gain the ability also but have their base speed not the animals and their fly maneuverability is good. The duration of this merge lasts for 2x the Warriors Class Level plus Con mod after the merge rounds per day ( Min of CL ). The rounds can be spread throughout the day and do not need to be consecutive rounds and once the merge has been expended, no matter the length of time the Warrior suffers the effects of fatigue for Con mod minutes, suffering -2 STR, and -2 DEX. This ability can not be activated while wearing metal armors or while wearing medium and heavy armor. This merge is considered a full round action.

PRIMITIVE WEAPON MASTERY: At third level due to his training with the primitive weapons of his tribe he gains the Weapons Mastery feat as a bonus to one primitive weapon, gaining a +2 to attack and a +2 to damage.

TOTEM SPEAK (EX): At fourth level the Warrior gains the ability to speak any language they know while in his merged form, allowing them to cast their spells with verbal triggers, and converse with their traveling comrades.

STEALTHY: At fifth level the Warrior gains the Stealthy feat while in their home environment, if they hail from the woods then it works in all woods but not in jungles. They gain a second environment at 14th level.

ALERTNESS: At eight level the Warrior gains the Alertness feat as a bonus, if the Warrior already has this feat then instead of the +2 bonus they would gain they gain an additional +1 to their current bonus.

TRACKLESS STEP: At tenth level the Warrior leaves no tracks as they move through natural environments and can not be tracked. They may leave tracks if they desire.

AC BONUS: At twelfth level the Warrior gains their Wisdom modifier to his AC as a deflection bonus as long as they are wearing Light armor or non and do not exceed their metal weight restriction.

PERMANENT TOTEM MERGE (EX): At fifteenth level the Warrior and his Totem companion make one last merge becoming one entity. The Warrior gains the ability to change into the hybrid form or animal form as a swift action and can do so as many times as they wish with no restriction to time in those forms. The Warrior gains all the stats and feats for their Totem while in hybrid and animal forms and gains the skill bonuses in all forms, They gain a +2 to Wisdom in all forms and the CON bonus is gained in the Warriors base form along with the scent ability in all forms. They also gain any bonuses and penalties for size adjustments when in the two animal forms.

The Spirit Warrior does not gain the animals hit dice or any DR like the lycans do and all equipment melds into form just as the Wildshape ability of the Druid, and they no longer suffer the effects of fatigue for changing, They also gain the sub-type of shapechanger.

ENLARGE TOTEM FORM (SP): At twentieth level the Warrior gains the ability to enlarge their totem merge form as by the rule in the monster manual for a period of one hour per week and the time does not need to be consecutive.

EX-SPIRIT WARRIOR: If a Warrior leaves this class to multi-class then they loose the merge ability and the bonuses for the ability. Nothing can be done to regain them as if they had carried to much metal. If this class is crossed into from another then they can not return to their previous class or they loose the merge ability as stated prior.

SAMPLE TOTEM MERGE STATS:

Brown Bear: +16 Str +2 Dex +8 Con, +2 to listen, spot, swim, gained feats Endurance, run, track.

Last edited by Tashakar; Jun 18th, 2015 at 03:57 PM.
Old Sep 26th, 2015, 05:50 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 691
Xbow Xbow Xbow Xbow Xbow Xbow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaijin View Post
Feedback for Invisible Blade, copied from alternative thread:

Giving a 14th level character access to a single 7th level spell effect isn't unreasonable, since the comparable level casters are going to have far more ammunition at their disposal.

The Ring of Spell Turning is a 98,000gp item. Giving the Invisible Blade the equivalent of 1 use per 3/4 Wisdom Bonus, rather than a flat 3 uses, might be reasonable. That would give low, mid, and high power campaigns a decided point of scaling.
1) The issue is that if we give him spell refelct at 3/4 of the mod, someone can just stack it. Making them unreasonable to deal with.
2) as for the arrows, the class is not designed to have an answer for everything. IF he did it would become unfair and broken.
3)The class's purpose is so that it can handle its own in melee and capitalize on misses. It can also be used as an off tank for the rest of the party.
Old Oct 8th, 2015, 12:01 PM
Bane of Life

Tools
User Statistics
RACE
Saiyan
Saiyan

+2 Str, Dex, Con & Wis
-2 Int & Cha
Ki Empowered: Gain 1 Ki Point per Character Level
Ki Assault: As a free action, once per turn, a Saiyan may spend up to 1 ki point per character level to add 1d8 damage per Ki Point spent to all melee damage rolls until the start of their next turn.
Saiyan Heritage: A Saiyan gains 1 Temporary Ki Point for each full 10 points of damage they inflict in melee combat. Your temporary Ki Points combined with your normal Ki Points cannot exceed double your normal maximum Ki Pool. These temporary Ki Points disappear after five minutes.
Fearless: Saiyans get a bonus to all saves vs fear effects & on checks to resist being intimidated. This bonus is equal to 1/4 their current Ki Pool (Round down, minimum 1).
+2 LA

Last edited by Dread Reaper; Oct 11th, 2015 at 01:01 AM.
Old Oct 11th, 2015, 12:58 AM
Bane of Life

Tools
User Statistics
Maindohīrā

Closed Thread