twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Closed Thread

Old Nov 11th, 2015, 09:45 PM
Ars artis gratia

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24916
TeufelHeunden TeufelHeunden TeufelHeunden TeufelHeunden TeufelHeunden TeufelHeunden TeufelHeunden TeufelHeunden TeufelHeunden TeufelHeunden TeufelHeunden
I want to see if there is a consensus on any of these recommendations and then we can wrap things up for the "Classic" sheet and move onto a "New" sheet. Some of these can be incorporated long after (round circles in place of the squares for instance). Others I would like to see if we can narrow down. Adding more boxes to a row would be backwards compatible since all of the existing boxes would be there on any sheets already created, but subtracting boxes would need some form of announcement in case someone was using all of them - and that would make some disappear. As for labeling, from what I understand there are a lot of items that can be interpreted different ways, so leaving a blank line instead of auto filling something predetermined feels like the best option, but I am not an expert with WoD.

THANK YOU everyone, for your input. We want to make these useful for those that will use them and not playing WoD darkness means we need your input. it is in no way criticising
Old Nov 11th, 2015, 09:49 PM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 46712
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
I'd definitely consider pre-filling the "Big 9" Physical, Social, and Mental attributes with the aforementioned standards.
Old Dec 4th, 2015, 11:02 PM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
We're still seeking input on this. If you're using these sheets in a game now, let us know how they're working for you. Thanks.
Old Jan 19th, 2016, 12:00 AM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
Just a quick bump to ask if there's any further comments about the sheets. If there's something missing or in error on them, please make mention of it here.
Old May 5th, 2016, 04:08 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 491
Abel Rain Abel Rain Abel Rain Abel Rain Abel Rain
1) I'm currently playing as a human (nwod) here

2) It would be very helpful

3) I would suggest using a God Machine character sheet as it's pretty much compatible with nwod and Chronicles of Darkness.

Integrity should be added if possible. The morality system is kind of crass, because a loss of morality doesn't hold up with becoming insane. and people with mental issues aren't necessarily immoral.

[/SPOILERBUTTON]

maybe the heading above integrity bar could be left blank, that way if people want to play inferno they can type in "infernal will" and so forth.

just an idea.

Last edited by zevonian; Jul 2nd, 2017 at 08:48 PM.
Old Aug 1st, 2016, 12:41 AM
in the damned

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5062
Legioned Legioned Legioned Legioned Legioned Legioned Legioned Legioned Legioned Legioned Legioned
I hope this is still ok to note changes.

1. Would it be possible to add some sort of equipment box, similar to the description boxes at the bottom? I think that would be a good fit.

2. A player of mine asked for a history box as well, though I suppose one could just as easily use notes.

3. The aforementioned player and I could not get the virtues lines to stay populated. Each time we filled them in and saved, then left the sheet they remained empty even after checking.

4. Would it be too hard to have different shaped boxes beneath willpower and blood pool? IE circular? It would allow tracking for temporary and permanent.

I have players actively using this now, and I like it!
Old Aug 2nd, 2016, 08:41 PM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
You're more than welcome to continue to post in here with suggestions, notices, etc.
Old Aug 3rd, 2016, 03:43 PM
Peace was never an option
Good People  

Event Judge  

Hall of Fame DM 2017

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 35380
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
Thoughts from a fellow player...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
Here's a few things, looking it over (I haven't seen your list):

1.) Nature and Demeanor need to be shifted, though that depends on whether you're using 1e or 2e. Virtue/Vice or Archetypes.
2.) Maybe make the Blood Potency section more broad? I understand why zev made it Blood Potency for oWoD since no one seems to play anything but Sparkletooth the Masquerade, but nWoD gets a lot different traffic.
3.) Maybe get rid of Flaws, since they're not utilized often in nWoD

Just a few.

And My own Additions...

Missing from Existing Character sheet
Virtue and Vice
Faction
Skills seperated into Mental, Physical, Social this helps with Character creation especially for new players.
Health instead of Humnanity
Field that can be adapted for Blood Potency/Gnosis/Primal Urge ect.
Field that can be adapted for Vitae/Essense/Glamor Resource

Possibly Field that can be adjusted for Clarity/Harmony/Humanity but not all games need it so could be covered in an "OTHER" field

Weapon/Attack
- similar to other RPGX character sheets Weapon/Attack Dmg Range Clip Init Str Size ect.
Equipment - Similar to other RPGX sheets Equipment Durability Structure Size Cost

Remains the same
Attributes Mental, Physical Social
Willpower

Last edited by Avner; Aug 3rd, 2016 at 03:45 PM.
Old Aug 3rd, 2016, 05:03 PM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
Thanks again everyone for the input. Be assured that Admins are checking out this thread when they can.

For the record, I did not code/create the WoD sheets for the site. Also, and just as a personal note, Vampire: The Masquerade preceded the Twilight books by several years. That whole "Sparkletooth" notion, nope, not feeling it.
Old Aug 3rd, 2016, 05:06 PM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
How many lines/slots do you think would be needed for equipment and attacks?

Does the sheet as is offer enough space for detailing how your "go-to" powers work?

Besides Blood points/potency, Gnosis, Primal Urge, what terms would you want as choices for that section?

Mage players: Is there adequate space on the sheet to track Paradox, or could you use something more?
Old Aug 3rd, 2016, 07:37 PM
Peace was never an option
Good People  

Event Judge  

Hall of Fame DM 2017

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 35380
Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner Avner
So basing myself off the official sheets lets define the following results:

Weapon/Attack Slots X4
Equipment Slots X4

Reqium - Blood Potency/Vitae/ Humanity
Forsaken - Primal Urge/ Essence/ Harmony
Awakening - Gnosis/ Mana/ Wisdom
Promethean - Azoth/ Pyros/ Humanity (same humanity as Reqium)
Changeling - Wyrd/ Glamour/ Clarity
Hunter- None/ None/ Integrity (Same 1-10 scale as Humanity)
Geist - Psychic/ Plasm/ Synergy (Same 1-10 scale as Humanity)
Mummy SEKHEM/ None/ Memory
Demon - Cover/ Pimum/ Aether
Beast - Lair/ Satiety/ None

As an Example of the scale I referred to:

1-10 Scale
Humanity/Integrity/Synergy/ Memory
10_____________O
9______________O
8______________O
7______________O
6______________O
5______________O
4______________O
3______________O
2______________O
1______________O
Old Aug 29th, 2016, 09:23 PM
in the damned

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5062
Legioned Legioned Legioned Legioned Legioned Legioned Legioned Legioned Legioned Legioned Legioned
Quote:
Originally Posted by zevonian View Post
How many lines/slots do you think would be needed for equipment and attacks?

Does the sheet as is offer enough space for detailing how your "go-to" powers work?

Besides Blood points/potency, Gnosis, Primal Urge, what terms would you want as choices for that section?

Mage players: Is there adequate space on the sheet to track Paradox, or could you use something more?
I have subscribed to this thread so I do not forget about it and let it go for a month before responding.

Well, beggars can't be choosers, but this is the comprehensive character sheet we used way back in the day (or this custom version is darn close): ***link removed***

That would allow a player some more flexibility without referencing all the time in terms of powers, equipment, weapons, armor, etc. I do realize that coding is not at all conceivable for me, so I leave to the respective persons involved to decide what goes in and what stays out. It always seemed to have enough room for all but the most complex of games.

I cannot speak very well to Mage.

As for the above poster - I believe the intent was to have this for Old World of Darkness (or just World of Darkness now). You're referring to New World of Darkness (or just Chronicles of Darkness now). I think the plan was to make a separate one for CoD later on, and this was a special project for WoD. Trying to make one that would fit both...I think would go as poorly as trying to make a 3.0 D&D character sheet match a Pathfinder character.

Last edited by zevonian; Jul 2nd, 2017 at 08:49 PM.
Old Nov 29th, 2016, 02:10 AM
---ALL HEART---

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3649
Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer
Thanks for all the hard work. Jumping into a new VtM, the character sheet made things very easy. It is easy, functional, and looks good. I think, however, that I have noticed a glitch. Under the Virtues column, the entered descriptions (Conscience, Self-Control, etc.) seem to vanish leaving only the red boxes selected as visible in that row.

I have entered and saved the descriptors more than once only to find them missing again. Thanks. I hope this helps.
Old Nov 29th, 2016, 07:03 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2200
Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67
I would go ahead and fill the attributes out; those never change so Strength, Dexterity, Stamina, etc.

Then have the other categories scroll down; So, when I hit a box a listing of skills in alphabetical order pop up so I can scroll & select. No need to delete lines or add them. If you just have a pop up.

That would also apply to disciplines, backgrounds, etc.

Now that poses a possible problem SO, the boxes that show Discipline for example should also be a scroll down box in order to alter the page if one chooses to play Werewolf or Mage for example.

Hope I explained it correctly if not PM me and I'll try to explain better.
Old Nov 29th, 2016, 12:42 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2200
Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67
Something for Admin. A couple of my players are claiming that after they saved their sheets the dots disappeared on them. I was notified today so just wanted to pass that up.