Story Rebirth of Brevoy - The Trading Post : Act I - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Kingmaker - Rebirth of Brevoy > Stolen Land Archives > Game Archive
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old Feb 16th, 2014, 10:09 PM
Storm's Avatar
Storm Storm is offline
South of Heaven
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 23rd, 2020
RPXP: 2082
Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm
Posts: 3,265
Making New FriendsThe burly man standing besides Oleg places both arms on the table full of diner ware and cutlery and lowers his head in thought. Listening while his head lowers, the man seems to nod as if the clarity of your message is indeed intact and making head way. He raises his head after you finish speaking, some how your look of all in attendance rings very true. The man introduces himself as James, with both arms to his sides, James begins to speak to Darian, Konstantine and Lina.

Paladin....your words ring very true as well as yours Cavalier but I quite wasn't sold till the Oracle told of what's to come if Happs Bydon has his way. We have only tolerated him because he has not affected our business here at the Trading Post. In some way, we are at fault for letting this get this way to our friend Oleg. How can we be friends Oleg?". as James turns to Oleg and places an arm upon Oleg's heart. " We are simple people and Bydon can be very intimidating so as long as it was not happening to us, we stood idly by and let these situations occur! I will not speak for any others but you have my sword arm when they arrive." Then more people stand up slowly at first as James word clings to the air, several more stand up and say, " Aye count me in!" and then almost in a surge of excitement, men and woman from all over the main dining all walk towards the six of your table and begin to hug and shake your hands. Feelings of happiness and courage wash over you as you have won over the people of Oleg's Trading Post. James begins to talk again while the wash of excitement wins over this day, "Let us know what the plan is and we shall take up arms!"

Last edited by Storm; Feb 16th, 2014 at 10:18 PM.
  #47  
Old Feb 17th, 2014, 05:17 AM
SolarDragon SolarDragon is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 19th, 2018
RPXP: 654
SolarDragon SolarDragon SolarDragon SolarDragon SolarDragon SolarDragon
Posts: 1,150
ErdrathThe quet man in the corner watches, allowing his more martial-minded colleagues to rouse the villagers, meanwhile thinking through possible scenarios and how to best apply himself, shaking his head at the little he can contribute.
__________________
Characters, concepts, and more
"Player and adjacent target die"
Natural 20's: 4
Natural 1's: 15
  #48  
Old Feb 17th, 2014, 09:42 AM
Geldar's Avatar
Geldar Geldar is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 6488
Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar
Posts: 5,197
I Love It When A Plan Comes Together!Darian nods his head and smiles. It is truly a great day; the once unwilling people of Oleg’s trading post are now ready to take up arms in the fight against the banditry of The Greenbelt. Whether their initial hesitation was due to fear, obstinance, or a bit of both, it is of no matter. It seems the party is enjoying its first taste of group success.

Ah yes, so the plan, good people of Oleg’s Trading post…my associates and I have been working to devise a plan that we think will best serve us. My group will be setting up watches throughout the night and into the morning. Essentially, we’re looking to make like “business as usual,” lure the bandits into a state of surprise and get the jump on them as they try coming in. My companion Konstantin here is a formidable rider, and I’ll have Hardbiter ready to go as well; together the two of us will ride into them and skirmish with their front-line. Our intrepid scout Corinth, I presume, intends to cover us with bow and arrow. Matthias and Eldrath will also make trouble for the enemy in their own ways I'm sure. Lina Hykule, the Oracle of Brevoy, will provide healing and whatever other support is needed.

The paladin looks around at the people gathered, his confidence again growing. We will need additional support of javelins, knives, rocks…whatever the people of Oleg’s Trading Post have at the-ready to launch at the enemy as they arrive. Take care fighting in-close; but those of you confident with sword and club, have at them. We can use whatever force you can each contribute.

Darian thinks for a moment on any additional way in which the people might help them. Are there any logs available, along with perhaps an incline plane of some nature? I’m thinking maybe loading wooden logs onto a rather simple incline and launching them at bandits a-la the Ewoks vs. the Imperial Scouts in Return of the Jedi, something that a rather simple but intuitive population could conceivably put together against an imposing force in a fantasy setting; just another thought; anybody have Knowledge: Engineering, by chance?to inhibit their movement and balance. Darian turns his attention to his companions, or whomever has not yet left the room during his incessant talking. Team, how does all that sound to you? Anything else we need to relay to the willing people of Oleg’s Trading Post as far as their efforts are concerned?
__________________
Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Geldar; Feb 17th, 2014 at 10:00 AM.
  #49  
Old Feb 17th, 2014, 09:58 AM
Totentanzen's Avatar
Totentanzen Totentanzen is offline
Dice are now Fate Cubes
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 19th, 2022
RPXP: 7505
Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen
Posts: 4,279
Plan..?Corinth thinks about the plan and likes it, except for its obvious lack of fire, it is a good plan. "I think that is it, maybe we can just set a time where they can meet us and maybe just have them be prepared if they come earlier than expected? Otherwise I think we are set. Do we have the watches set up? I am taking second watch, Darian is taking the third watch, who will be taking the first watch? Let us get this together and get some rest I expect a long day to come."
  #50  
Old Feb 17th, 2014, 08:02 PM
Storm's Avatar
Storm Storm is offline
South of Heaven
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Dec 23rd, 2020
RPXP: 2082
Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm
Posts: 3,265
Then they arriveIt mattered little, for into the night this feast waned and so with the first watch out of the way, the second watch arrived with not a whisper on the open plains. With keen eye set to night, your vision extends outward as you make round after round upon the gang way above the old Forts guard towers. After awhile you station yourself for either the opening gates position or near the southwestern or southeastern walls. Leaving the gate up the plan is simple, ride upon thy enemies and strike swift and hard. With the trading post's men behind you, the confidence around the old Fort has been established and all it is now is a waiting game.

There was much to do in the meantime. Set plans of actions to station James and a few others in the guest houses with pitchforks and farmer's tools and Darian and Konstanin will ride upon them with mounted horses. Remembering old strategies with your Cavalier mentor, the way to handle combat is to sweep with your weapon of choice. Some would say that taking certain angles into battle will only overwhelm the horse, hopefully Corinth will pick them off and safe guard your flank.

It is nearing dawn, only four hours away roughly three in the morning and Darian relieves the noble Elf named Corinth. He does not want to go but you insist that he get some shut eye before the Raiders arrive in the morning. Oleg mentions that they usually arrive when the sun first glances it's rays from over the mountains and peaks in the east. Certainly the camp activity slows down as the excitement from the preparation of battle to ensue gives a moment of peace within the old Fort. For once the Levetons do not have to worry about loosing their pockets or Happs Bydon threating to have his way with Oleg's wife Svetna.

The time has arrived and the sun shows it's first glance upon the borders of Restov. The chill is fraught with cooler temperatures although the sun warms the morning up tremendously. People wake from their sleep and begin to take position among the old Fort. Finishing your rounds any last minute preparations are quickly enforced as one of the men calls out their approach. They number in the twenties upon horseback.
  #51  
Old Feb 17th, 2014, 08:22 PM
Totentanzen's Avatar
Totentanzen Totentanzen is offline
Dice are now Fate Cubes
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 19th, 2022
RPXP: 7505
Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen Totentanzen
Posts: 4,279
Time to DanceCorinth wakes up in a flash as he hears the call ring out. A grin creeps onto his face "About time!" He thought to himself. He quickly got upon and donned his sword and crossbow, already cranked, and jogged off to the courtyard. He immediately found a place off to the side where he could hide and remain out of sight of the bandits. He double checks his gear and does his best to contain his excitement. He loads the poisoned arrow onto the stock. "I want their leader alive." He smiled to himself "His death will be mine."
  #52  
Old Feb 17th, 2014, 08:24 PM
Shadow0136's Avatar
Shadow0136 Shadow0136 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 8th, 2021
RPXP: 4557
Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136
Posts: 8,803
Lina's Preparations
Come third watch Lina had been woken by Darian, and she helped him don his armor in preparation. Only this morning she stopped him before he headed out and asked him "Darian, could you help me with something before we go?" and as he turned she pulled a metal breastplate, asking for his help to put it on.
  #53  
Old Feb 17th, 2014, 08:52 PM
Geldar's Avatar
Geldar Geldar is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 6488
Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar
Posts: 5,197
Armored DisbeliefEver-watchful and always ready, Darian did have one stumbling block: he wasn't always at his most-alert at the dawn of the day. But this particular morning, his level of alertness rises tremendously, when he glances at Lina and her need for assistance with medium armor!

What're you doing?!. Our noble warrior cannot believe his eyes. The Oracle of Brevoy was attempting to don an armored breastplate! Why, the weight of that device will bring her to the ground! How can this be?! Lina, dear...you know I must protect you; if this piece of armor is for your protection, then by all means wear it; but don't think you'll be fighting these bandits up-close; that's my job! I cannot have you placing yourself in harm's way. I cannot...

He begins getting rather emotional, and stops himself just short of raising his voice to a furious volume enough to perhaps make the bandits nervous from even afar.

Just promise me Lina, that you'll be careful. It is beyond me to deny anyone armor; but you must use caution and discretion. This is very serious.

And so Darian Danster, paladin of Erastil and protector of the Oracle Lina Hykule, rises to help his companion don a breastplate before going to prepare Hardbiter and his freshly-sharpened blades for battle.

Old Deadeye help me if we fail.
__________________
Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Geldar; Feb 17th, 2014 at 09:04 PM.
  #54  
Old Feb 17th, 2014, 10:45 PM
SolarDragon SolarDragon is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 19th, 2018
RPXP: 654
SolarDragon SolarDragon SolarDragon SolarDragon SolarDragon SolarDragon
Posts: 1,150
ErdrathThe Magister rises from his bed, not the hardest he has had by any means, to see the previously meek Lina donning armor, unrolling his own armor and donning it, before making his way quickly to a tower, to overlook the entranceway.
__________________
Characters, concepts, and more
"Player and adjacent target die"
Natural 20's: 4
Natural 1's: 15
  #55  
Old Feb 18th, 2014, 02:17 AM
Kadaver's Avatar
Kadaver Kadaver is offline
Beard Officianado
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 27th, 2016
RPXP: 223
Kadaver Kadaver Kadaver
Posts: 202
Mathias RedMathias had taken the morning watch, having slept well through the night and enjoying the early morning more than any part of the day. The chill from yesterdays noon and evening was little compared to the bite of this morning. Digits dropped another pinch of 'smoke' as Red called it, into the pipe. Green orbs gazed outwards at the horizon, watching. The wind of the cold pulled at his loose cloak and hood, distorting the green rangers form and giving his stillness an eerie macabre.

Red wore his armor, and was armed with his usual weapons. The stillness of the fort did not sit well with the Ranger. A man of the wilds, he was used to the sway and chatter of the creature. He had found comfort in the knowledge that the gleeful speech of animals were often the first to go in danger. Here the air stood in silence. Only the occasional crackle of fire seemed to disperse the somber night and early morning. He was relieved when day broke, and the rays of the sun began to sweep across the plains.

With the morning came the crow of the birds and the whine of dogs, as well as the many bandits.. Raising from his seat, Mathias walked to look out at the force nearing the fort. Keeping his distance, as to not give himself away as a lookout, Mathias stepped away to look out over the out post. The fort had erupted in action in preparation, but still Red worried. Mathias would remain in his tower, as he was most effective at a range, but would close distance as soon as necessary. Mathias prided himself on his ability with the bow, and knew his marksmanship to be great enough to allow him to poke holes through the melee, without pricking his allies. Still he worried of the number difference. He and his allies were the only true warriors of the out post, yet he did not fret for his survival or that of his companions. They had come for this, prepared and had been chosen, for this. These people were forced into the defense of their home and lives, either by he and his party or the bandits, their fate hung upon the blood of many.

A sigh allowed a cloud of white evaporate out into the air. Glancing up to Erdrath as he came into the tower. " Good morning friend. "

Last edited by Kadaver; Feb 18th, 2014 at 02:19 AM.
  #56  
Old Feb 18th, 2014, 05:10 PM
Shadow0136's Avatar
Shadow0136 Shadow0136 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 8th, 2021
RPXP: 4557
Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136
Posts: 8,803
Lina's preparations
Lina sat still as Darian helped her prepare for the coming events, although when he spoke to her she sadly shook her head at him. "Darian... you know that I am not one to lie on a serious matter. Last night, when I said that I would join the fighting I meant it. I can promise you that I will be cautious, but what I cannot promise, is that I will stay out of the fight... I swore that I would fight to protect these people, and I will stand against the bandits without your permission if I need to." Lina then turned back to her baggage that had been removed from her horse and pulled out a sheathed longsword.

Turning back to Darian she drew the blade from it's sheath and flicked her wrist to ensure that it still felt right within her hand. And this would also give Darian time to admire the blade's craftsmanship, it's sharpened edges and the shine of the light reflecting off of the blade before it would hit him. "Why does Lina have such a blade!?"
  #57  
Old Feb 18th, 2014, 11:47 PM
SolarDragon SolarDragon is offline
Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jan 19th, 2018
RPXP: 654
SolarDragon SolarDragon SolarDragon SolarDragon SolarDragon SolarDragon
Posts: 1,150
ErdrathThe light chain clinked gently beneath the robe as he knelt below the fence of the tower with Mathias.
"How many are there?"
The simple question, accompanied with a small puff of frosted breath, was just that. No worry, no panic, no joy.
__________________
Characters, concepts, and more
"Player and adjacent target die"
Natural 20's: 4
Natural 1's: 15
  #58  
Old Feb 19th, 2014, 01:24 AM
Kadaver's Avatar
Kadaver Kadaver is offline
Beard Officianado
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 27th, 2016
RPXP: 223
Kadaver Kadaver Kadaver
Posts: 202
Mr. Red" Twenty...Twenty five..." The words painted the air in opaque grey white smoke. Tentical like trails of the wisp lashing out from the young mans lips. His eyes moved quickly over the small mass of men. " They arrive on horse. " Mathias clamped again onto the stem of his pipe and puffed softly as he stared out. ' Hopefully, their numbers and horses will only hamper them. The confusion from a sudden attack should...Hopefully...Spook the horses and throw the men.' Should they kill quick, and kill many, the outpost could cause a critical blow to the enemy force. " I am hoping... That should we be effective in our surprise, they might throw down arms. Courage is courage, but watching twenty turn to eight is a harrowing experience."
  #59  
Old Feb 19th, 2014, 08:15 AM
Geldar's Avatar
Geldar Geldar is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 23rd, 2023
RPXP: 6488
Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar Geldar
Posts: 5,197
Longswords for OraclesThe head of our paladin shot sideways as he sees the Oracle of Brevoy brandish a longsword! Still reeling from the very notion of his protected-one entering close-combat with bandit foes, Darian had little to add upon seeing the blade. He nervously and awkwardly remarks Well, if that steel is somehow a cane to help you navigate yourself, I want to have a word with its crafter! Ha ha…ha…ha… As his feeble words attempting to fill-in awkward silence and disbelief trail-off into the troubled atmosphere, Darian simply smiles and nods. Well, if she is going to do this then I’ll simply have to keep a close eye on her and make myself available to fight at her side. With bandits coming, time is too short to argue such an obvious point. Point…ha… He chuckles nervously again but abruptly stops, as he quickly realizes no one else could possibly appreciate the pun unintentionally created by his inner monologue. And the paladin goes from experiencing emotions of confusion, to funny irony, to anger, in a matter of seconds.

Fine, Lina, fine! We will fight these bandits! We will fight them to the bitter end, we will! And there will be much weeping and gnashing… He begins moving forward to her as he continues speaking, stopping only when he is almost nose to nose with her. There will be shouting and screaming, and there will be blood spilled Lina; so much blood that the very walls of this gods-foresaken fort surrounding “Oleg’s Trade Hitch” or whatever-you-call-it will be stained deep-red into its very wooden fibers! It will all be like nothing you’ve ever seen before, Lina! He becomes very animated with hands and speed of voice, desperately emphasizing his graphic point. They’ll hear our steel cutting into their throats and bellies for miles! ‘Tis a sight no one should EVER want to see, Lina! No one, EVER!

Then, he stops.

And he looks down, with his hands on his waist and biting his lip.

He takes a breath, looks back up at her and begins to smile slightly, but sincerely. I'm Sorry.

This…this is something you really plan to do? Very well. Then we fight together, Lina. You, me, Konstantin, Matthias, Corinth with his…his contraband, and even Erdrath,
he smiles as he says the final name, curious as to what their robed companion might have in-store.

So come; when you are ready, we will vanquish this evil. This is our day.
__________________
Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Geldar; Feb 19th, 2014 at 08:20 AM.
  #60  
Old Feb 19th, 2014, 09:03 AM
Shadow0136's Avatar
Shadow0136 Shadow0136 is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 8th, 2021
RPXP: 4557
Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136 Shadow0136
Posts: 8,803
Reassuring Darian
Lina looks at Darian in confusion as he attempts to make a joke, unsure of just what was going through the man's mind at that moment. So instead she finishes her inspection of her blade, its sharpness and balance before resheathing it. By then she hears a nervous chuckle from Darian and raises her eyes to meet his as she watches the rapidly changing emotions play out across his face. "I didn't think that Darian would get this worried... Maybe I should have talked this out with him before we got here."

As the anger was beginning to settle on Darian's face, Lina began to say "Darian, I..." But her words were quickly cut off in his angry tirade. This was a side of Darian that she had not seen, and truthfully she was not sure what to think of him at the moment. By now he had begun to advance on her, forcing her to back up against the wall as he leaned into her face, painting a picture of what would soon be happening. Something which she knew very well, and was not looking forward to seeing. But for the people it would have to be done. She couldn't bring herself to say anything in response, his furious expression and graphic depiction still fresh in her mind as he stood before her and stared at the ground.

But then he looked back into her eyes, and as his expression softened he whispered "I'm sorry."

After the final, much kinder portion of his speech she felt relieved, and happy that the old Darian was back. But now was the time to get ready, and so she smiled back at him before planting a soft kiss on his cheek. As he let her get away from the wall in surprise, she grabbed her cloak and headed over to the door. Pausing in the doorway Lina looked back at Darian and said "We have to get set up for this Darian. Just remember that i'm not a little girl, so i'll be outside whenever you're ready." She finished with a teasing grin, quickly heading outside with a blush on her face as Darian stood alone in the room.

Last edited by Shadow0136; Feb 19th, 2014 at 10:05 AM.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:59 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB