Game Thread Chapter Seven: Bloodlines - Page 15 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 3.5e > Homebrew: S-V > Seis'kerta > Trials of the Young King
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #211  
Old Jan 8th, 2021, 12:10 AM
dalarangreen's Avatar
dalarangreen dalarangreen is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 26th, 2023
RPXP: 12830
dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen
Posts: 6,903
Brood walked into the room impassively...as always. The twin-horned tiefling wore simple, pragmatic black outfit, but it was well-fitted and looked good on the Child. In contrast to the rest of her outfit, the tattered scarf that was tied around Brood's neck made her outfit an unintentional fashion statement. Brood did not typically wear her finest clothing (and when she did, it was quick to get caked with dirt and dust), so she hadn't noticed that her scarf stuck out with its silver embroidery. It had been given to her by Aunt Humility and she always wore it. Even when it made the room uncomfortably hot...

Uncomfortable. There was a word that captured her feelings in the moment. A few minutes earlier, she had been given the opportunity to Perform: 25let loose on her flute with the deadwings rhythm section. It was not her most stellar performance (even with all her training, sometimes she couldn't ignore the eyes of the crowd), but it was still a memorable part of the show, especially for those who had never heard Brood play before. At the beginning she had tried not to stand out, but with everything on her mind, the notes had just started to spill out. Silverforge's warnings about something happening this evening. Potentially involving Eve, the recently beheaded woman who hovered at Kala's side. The Unknown God's supposed revelations. Morgan. Zilara. The coin in her pocket.

Yes, the coin was the biggest conundrum. Given to her by Faces, she had been told to return it to its proper owner. No more clues: typical of the Unknowns. Luckily, Mrith had given her a little direction and suggested she show it to Morgan. But the opportunity had yet to present itself.

With each note of her flute, Brood expressed the feelings she rarely showed upon her face: confusion, anxiety, and curiousity. But also intermixed were moments that captured the essence of the celebration: those fleeting moments of joy, the seemingly ephemeral peace, and the whisper of hope.

It was a more vulnerable performance than she had intended and Brood was almost glad when she had an excuse to leave the stage. But now, standing in the conference room, Brood almost wished she were back on the stage. At least there she had her music. Social gatherings were not her thing.

So Brood did what she did best. Watched and listened. She decided to take up a position against the wall opposite Eve. Brood wasn't sure what to make of Silverforge's warnings. For one, Brood found it difficult to believe the Unknown Gods would be so careless as to let an enemy (if she was an enemy) listen in on this meeting. They had suggested it wasn't a "secret" meeting...

Brood took a deep breath, maintaining her impassive posture. Whatever was about to unfold, she would do her best to be vigilant and prepared.
__________________
...
Academy of Heroes [DM]
Catrin Gantzlan in The Founding
Reply With Quote
  #212  
Old Jan 8th, 2021, 09:03 AM
Makenshi's Avatar
Makenshi Makenshi is offline
Weaver of Worlds
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 7th, 2021
RPXP: 3967
Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi
Posts: 8,984
 

 

 
__________________
DMing...: Trials of the Young King [3.5, Full] | Working on...: The Godling Sagas [PF, Gestalt, TotYK Sequel]
Reply With Quote
  #213  
Old Jan 8th, 2021, 08:17 PM
Acathala's Avatar
Acathala Acathala is online now
His divine shadow
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 1st, 2023
RPXP: 8501
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Posts: 21,697
"I was under the impression that the gods had only one archgate. Is that not the case with Fisali?" Nallaul said in an attempt to defuse the situation before it worsened. He smiles and nods to Sulion, hoping they can talk soon. Tries to be discreet as he looks her up and down, taking in every scandalous detail.
__________________
Quia iocari libet mihi
Reply With Quote
  #214  
Old Jan 8th, 2021, 08:44 PM
Makenshi's Avatar
Makenshi Makenshi is offline
Weaver of Worlds
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 7th, 2021
RPXP: 3967
Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi
Posts: 8,984
Anorde raises an eyebrow at Nallaul's wandering eye but doesn't mention it. "No, she only has the one Archgate, Kerberos. I'm just a Watcher, which is basically a fancy way of saying I'm one of her eyes and ears beyond just being a worshipper of hers. We can't interfere in world events without her permission. If we break that agreement then she'll literally smite us, typically by turning us into an animal along with withdrawing her power from us."

Sulion, who is either unaware of Nallaul's attention or likewise choosing not to mention it, smirks. "Oh, and do you have any special insight into that? A misspent youth where you got in over your head perhaps? I picture you as something with hooves. A goat or a sheep perhaps?" Her tone is more teasing than mocking and yet Anorde obviously doesn't appreciate the comment. For those who'd interacted with him before it was likely the first time someone had seemed to get under the normally relaxed information broker's skin.

"Hardy har little miss sunshine." Anorde glances to Nallaul. "If that's all then I'll leave you two to...'reacquaint' while I go get drunk enough to deal with whatever madness is going to happen soon."
__________________
DMing...: Trials of the Young King [3.5, Full] | Working on...: The Godling Sagas [PF, Gestalt, TotYK Sequel]
Reply With Quote
  #215  
Old Jan 9th, 2021, 05:32 AM
Acathala's Avatar
Acathala Acathala is online now
His divine shadow
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 1st, 2023
RPXP: 8501
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Posts: 21,697
"I thank you then, watcher Anorde. Our talk has been helpful. I hope you at least enjoy the alcohol." Nallaul said meaning it. He's not even a little embarrassed Anorde caught him looking.
Once Anorde departs, Nallaul turns to Sulion playfully. "I thought Gul had difficulty making friends. You have a reason for provoking him? I doubt it was to have alone time with me. I'm handsome but I know I'm not that handsome, little miss sunshine. Oh I like that name." Nallaul said teasingly to her.
__________________
Quia iocari libet mihi
Reply With Quote
  #216  
Old Jan 9th, 2021, 04:26 PM
Blue's Avatar
Blue Blue is offline
Custom Titled
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 15th, 2023
RPXP: 2124
Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue
Posts: 2,984
Upon noticing Didina waving at her, Mrith made a small curtsy her way.

She cast a quick glance around the room while suppressing a smile and walked over to join the duo.
In their company she almost but not quite wished she had changed her attire to something more regal. But class could be expressed with so much more than mere cloth.
She maintained her usual elegance and made a bow in a more personal greeting to Didina and another for Misa. Maintaining eye contact with the later was still strangely pleasant. Perhaps an empathic feeling from Nevh's keepsake, who... or which..? still seemed very pleased with the way things had played out. She would send further thoughts to the pair.

Last edited by Blue; Jan 9th, 2021 at 04:26 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #217  
Old Jan 9th, 2021, 08:23 PM
dalarangreen's Avatar
dalarangreen dalarangreen is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 26th, 2023
RPXP: 12830
dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen
Posts: 6,903
Brood's eyebrow twitched. Bane had a way of irritating her, just for the fun of it. Though he rarely got much of a reaction out of her, he seemed to be able to read her cues and it was almost a game for him to see if he could get a larger reaction from her.

Luckily, Bane didn't seem to be trying to play hard ball in the present company.

"Perhaps you should have your ears checked. Have you been listening to the sweet-tongued words of any sirens recently?"

It was a poor retort at best, but Brood wasn't much of a conversationalist. She looked at Bane more closely before trying to change the topic.

"What do you think of referring to the Unknown Gods and the Halvan visitors, but Brood is being unintentionally vague.all this?"
__________________
...
Academy of Heroes [DM]
Catrin Gantzlan in The Founding

Last edited by dalarangreen; Jan 9th, 2021 at 08:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #218  
Old Jan 10th, 2021, 12:39 PM
Makenshi's Avatar
Makenshi Makenshi is offline
Weaver of Worlds
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 7th, 2021
RPXP: 3967
Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi
Posts: 8,984
 

 

 
__________________
DMing...: Trials of the Young King [3.5, Full] | Working on...: The Godling Sagas [PF, Gestalt, TotYK Sequel]
Reply With Quote
  #219  
Old Jan 10th, 2021, 02:28 PM
Acathala's Avatar
Acathala Acathala is online now
His divine shadow
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 1st, 2023
RPXP: 8501
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Posts: 21,697
"Oh you and Gul have more in common than you might think. You both saved my life, and I'm very attached to that. Admittedly Gul saved my life because I suspected something was up with the meeting I was invited to, but he still saved it."
He looks over to her brother when she does. "I like your brother actually. Just helped him with one of his ideas." Nallaul looks her directly in the eyes, hopefully not hurting himself in the process. "I think you would do anything for him, just as I would for Tel'shar. That's something we have in common."
He looks away after a moment, his thoughts returning to the dead. If this had been a house social event, and Tel'shar or Xufaer weren't available, he'd probably be talking to Alamen, or at least sticking close by. Possibly Gul, though less so since Nallaul had discovered what hobby Gul was into. That was one of the harder blows to take, as Gul was the closest thing to a son Nallaul had. Really he should have seen it coming when Gul started hanging out with Fairy. Sighing he knows of the people in his "family" would have murdered him, if it meant getting ahead, but he was still going to miss most of them. On some level Nallaul knew that was kind of really messed up.
__________________
Quia iocari libet mihi
Reply With Quote
  #220  
Old Jan 13th, 2021, 03:46 PM
Makenshi's Avatar
Makenshi Makenshi is offline
Weaver of Worlds
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 7th, 2021
RPXP: 3967
Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi
Posts: 8,984
Sulion nods sombrely as Nallaul talks of Tel'shar. "The lengths we go to for those we love, even to protect them from themselves." She looks pensive herself for a moment as he dwells in his own thoughts before speaking again. "I know what its like to lose people, some of whom weren't exactly the best, but they were allies, friends...comrades at least." She looks over to Nallaul. "There's no shame in mourning for them. They don't have a chance to change like you or Xufaer. To grow in this new world. Could they have been better? Overcome their upbringings? We'll never know, and that in itself is tragic. It's why most of the Children tried to save as many as they could, especially the young."

Sulion let out a deep sigh. "As cold a comfort as it is, at least you're not alone. Tel'shar's still alive at the moment and if I was making a list of people who could wriggle out of his current predicament then he'd be pretty near the top of that list. Felynda, Falynfyn and Xufaer too, not to mention many more rescued by the Children. They took them back to the Shadow Plane and have been looking after them as best they can and as best as some Drow will allow. Your people aren't dead. As a whole, as well as some of those close to you. Hold on to that. To the hope of a better tomorrow. It makes the emptiness felt by those left behind sting a little less at least." She had been up front with Nallaul ever since she revealed herself, but this felt like a much more candid conversation to him. He could certainly believe she'd felt some degree of the loss he felt.
__________________
DMing...: Trials of the Young King [3.5, Full] | Working on...: The Godling Sagas [PF, Gestalt, TotYK Sequel]
Reply With Quote
  #221  
Old Jan 14th, 2021, 02:36 AM
Blue's Avatar
Blue Blue is offline
Custom Titled
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 15th, 2023
RPXP: 2124
Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue Blue
Posts: 2,984

Didina's offer was appreciated but Mrith still almost apologetically waved her refusal.
"I'd be surprised if this place could make me any more sober than I currently feel. To say nothing of a dragon's liver... no. It would be a waste of good wine."

Another glance around and, thinking about it, this place kind of reminded her of a similar establishment within which she had fought for her life not so long ago. For some of those who had accompanied her it had been too close a call. Things were actually dangerous, and the impression of being in danger had not yet lost its novelty. A new feeling still too fresh ...Fear couldn't be all that far behind it, she knew, and that wasn't something she could afford to dwell overmuch.
It would feel good to leave this place or, better, show it her kind of mercy by bringing down its walls nice and proper.

Last edited by Blue; Jan 20th, 2021 at 09:24 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #222  
Old Jan 14th, 2021, 08:21 PM
Acathala's Avatar
Acathala Acathala is online now
His divine shadow
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 1st, 2023
RPXP: 8501
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Posts: 21,697
Nallaul puts a hand on her shoulder when she speaks of loss, a gesture that he grieves with her. He wouldn't dare do that in the underdark, as that would invite punishment. "I think I just realised I wasn't going to see most of what we laughingly called a family again. Yes I shall miss some of them."
The wizard removes his hand from her. "I think it's good that the young have been rescued. They have the best chance of adapting to the world. The further from the underdark, the better. I think the exchange knows the future is on the surface too."
He looks at her directly again. "I don't think I ever told you my pet theory about the underdark, did I? I've always suspected it's been a factor in how crazy and evil we are. Think about it, elves were not meant to live underground in darkness. We adapted yes, but what damage did that, along with the fun magical radiation? Plus the darkness made it way easier to do evil. Don't get me wrong Sulion, I'm only saying it's factor, nothing else, not absolution."
Having a think about what else she said, he nods. "I can certainly see some of the "family" on different paths. Definitely not Xul'olin, and if I'm being honest, probably not Gul either, even though he's the closest thing I had to a son. He liked to torture people, and on the surface, he'd probably worse without fear to rein him in"
__________________
Quia iocari libet mihi

Last edited by Acathala; Jan 16th, 2021 at 01:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #223  
Old Jan 16th, 2021, 01:11 AM
dalarangreen's Avatar
dalarangreen dalarangreen is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 26th, 2023
RPXP: 12830
dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen dalarangreen
Posts: 6,903
"The Sword in the Dark is wise to be suspicious of those who keep their machinations so secretive," Brood replies, "Even if they are on our side, whatever pact of silence they have sworn themselves to only implies something even darker looming on the horizon."

Brood scans the room, trying to identify the Unknowns who had arrived already.

"You've met some of them before, have you not Bane? Do you trust them?"
__________________
...
Academy of Heroes [DM]
Catrin Gantzlan in The Founding
Reply With Quote
  #224  
Old Jan 20th, 2021, 06:11 PM
Makenshi's Avatar
Makenshi Makenshi is offline
Weaver of Worlds
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 7th, 2021
RPXP: 3967
Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi Makenshi
Posts: 8,984
 

 

 
__________________
DMing...: Trials of the Young King [3.5, Full] | Working on...: The Godling Sagas [PF, Gestalt, TotYK Sequel]
Reply With Quote
  #225  
Old Jan 22nd, 2021, 09:25 PM
Acathala's Avatar
Acathala Acathala is online now
His divine shadow
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Oct 1st, 2023
RPXP: 8501
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Posts: 21,697
"I'm somewhat of a Drow historian myself. Though what I cover is distinct from the period before they entered the underdark." Nallaul comments, making a mental note to indeed talk with the god. "Oh a theory similar to mine? What was it? Wait, you smile with such fondness. Should I be jealous? Lighting up somebody else's life have we?" Nallaul places his hands over his chest where his heart should be, joking that he's heartbroken.
When talk turns to Xul'olin again, Nallaul's face hardens. "I'm pretty sure she isn't as insane as she appears to be. If you have the chance, put her down hard. Just don't underestimate her. She may not be a threat to you or your kin, but she's fully capable of doing mischief to other people before you take her down. I'm damned lucky she didn't realise I had a phase door. Otherwise I would not be here."
The wizard let out a sigh. "I'm just wondering if we shouldn't be worried about Triss. It's unfortunate she was saved."
Feeling the conversation has gotten way more serious than he would like, Nallaul leans in to whisper in her ear. "So then your divine luminescence, bringer of light to the shadows of the heart, this lowly mortal desires the pleasure of her company at his mansion, to share time with her in her radiance, after this meeting has ended, in a desire to know her more fully, to set aside the worries of the world for a while."
__________________
Quia iocari libet mihi
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:55 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB