RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Apr 6th, 2021, 11:56 AM
I await a great tale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8119
taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50 taleteller50
Just wait until I start writing out some of the myths for my god
Old Apr 6th, 2021, 05:42 PM
Simply Doomed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1557
Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by taleteller50 View Post
Just wait until I start writing out some of the myths for my god
Honestly my hope is there will be a lot of player made myths and legends. Judging off the submissions, no one is particularly sticking to any of the major well known gods, or even official gods, which is means we can go nuts with the lore
Old Apr 6th, 2021, 06:30 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3525
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Old Apr 6th, 2021, 06:32 PM
Simply Doomed

Tools
User Statistics
Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf

Last edited by Preacherwolf; Apr 6th, 2021 at 06:33 PM.
Old Apr 6th, 2021, 06:37 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3525
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Preacherwolfoh, bummer...I can understand though
Old Apr 6th, 2021, 08:10 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4206
CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook CatCanCook
I updated by application post to indicate that I'll be withdrawing. Some interesting work going into this game, but on further reflection this particular brew is not the right mix for me. Wishing you all a good game.
Old Apr 7th, 2021, 10:42 AM
Of the Fartnocker Clan

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 42940
Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak Squeak
Application
left-aligned image

Name: Father Nimor Imphrazel, Soul of the Jaerzed Chaullsin
Race: Drow

Description:As the Soul of the Jaerzed Chaullsin, Nimor is quite a striking figure. Tall for an elf, with a wiry physique, his body is covered by a fine robe with detailed embroidery. His platinum hair is slicked back, framing fierce dark eyes that seem to penetrate the darkest of depths. He has a face that has seen much in it's nearly seventeen decades of life, yet is bereft of the laugh lines worn by most others of his age. All his movements are large and perfectly balanced, like those of a wild animal, although at times he seems a wild animal held in a cage too small for it.

RP Sample: The finely dressed drow stands before the crowd, holding his hand up for a moment to quiet them before he speaks. His voice is smooth and melodic, each honeyed word flowing from his tongue like a hug to those around him.

"I know that many of you look at me and see little beyond my ancestry and the color of my skin. You are right to do so, for the atrocities of my kin deserve nothing but the utmost condemnation. It is my desire to make amends for the actions of my people that we have come here, with hopes of making the world a brighter place.

If you allow me and my merry band of misfits to lend aid to your good city, we will revolutionize the way that things are done. After only a few months of working with the good people of this town, we should be able to completely eliminate the arduous, backbreaking labor that occupies most of our everyday life. We will build lines of trade and usher this fair city into a prosperity beyond that which any of you could have imagined. And once our master plan is complete, we will not only have financial prosperity, but we will be able to enjoy and focus on the most precious and finite gift.

Time. Time to spend with friends and family, time to focus on the arts. Time to enjoy life.

So I ask you good people. Will you take this leap with us? Will you join us in making our town into the place we all know it deserves to be?"
the drow asks, his wry smile making it clear he knew his words had an impact on the people of the village.

My idea, including mechanics: The task to building the perfect city is greater than any individual can accomplish. Only through a herculean effort of an entire group working in concert can this be done, which is where the Jaerzed Chaullsin comes in.

Led by a pair of powerful individuals, the Jaerzed Chaullsin moves in perfect harmony unlike many large organizations. Father Nimor Imphrazel is the leader, taking guidance and advice from The Revered Grandfather Mauzkyll.

The PlanTHE PLAN
The world is spending far too much time on menial tasks. The advancements that have been made in the world of magic can virtually eliminate the need for back breaking, time consuming labor. With the right financing and proper planning, need could be eliminated for the world! No longer would people be worried about having enough to eat. No longer would people have to worry about having a nice home.

Like a stool, the plan focused on 3 pillars, which can be set in place only by a group with the combined unique talents found within the Jaerzed Chaullsin.
  • Undead. The world contains more than 10 times more corpses than living flesh, all of which could be harnessed for the betterment of civilization. From mining to chopping wood, from cleaning to manufacturing, many of the physically demanding and time consuming tasks in our life could be made easier with animated assistance!
  • Magic There any many magical spells that can be cast by the youngest novice, that can make life significantly easier. Prestigitation cast by a novice replaces cleaning homes and scrubbing floors. Create Water cantrips cast in succession or a decanter of endless water are enough to not only provide a steady stream of fresh water, but will also make way for a quality plumbing system.
  • Constructs: When available, constructs will be created to use as defense as well as other menial tasks as well as with the defense of the city.

My Assistant:
left-aligned image

Name: The Revered Grandfather Mauzkyll, Heart of the Chaullsin
Race: half drow/half vampire - but with stats of a DhampirDhampir

Description: The legendary Revered Grandfather Mauzkyll is seldom seen by mortal eyes, preferring to remain in the darkness. He is typically cloaked in fine silken garments, there is little you are able to see from the mysterious creature, save his red eyes, which seem to see through you.

Background: Little is known about the Revered Grandfather Mauzkyll of the Jaerzed Chaullin. He is seldom seen outside of his lair, preferring to communicate with Nimor or other members of the Jaerzed Chaullsin to get tasks accomplished.

What do you, the player, want to do? Same thing we do every night Pinky, Try and take over the world!

Last edited by Squeak; Apr 7th, 2021 at 10:47 PM.
Old Apr 8th, 2021, 01:24 AM
Kinda Machiavellian

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3762
HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel

Last edited by HellsingsRaziel; Apr 8th, 2021 at 01:25 AM.
Old Apr 8th, 2021, 02:33 AM
Simply Doomed

Tools
User Statistics
Old Apr 8th, 2021, 08:11 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2362
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
@Preacherwolf - I know you said that you weren't looking for a full description and/or stats for our Assistants, but if we were to have a description from somewhere that they were itching to use, what level/stats could we use for them, and would they be of PC or NPC classes?

Follow up question to that, would you allow any material from the Spheres of Might 3rd Party Supplements?

Last edited by triedtherest; Apr 8th, 2021 at 08:15 AM.
Old Apr 8th, 2021, 08:51 AM
Simply Doomed

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by triedtherest View Post
@Preacherwolf - I know you said that you weren't looking for a full description and/or stats for our Assistants, but if we were to have a description from somewhere that they were itching to use, what level/stats could we use for them, and would they be of PC or NPC classes?
I'm not going to say no to extra fluff. If you've got them all kitted out go ahead. As for level stats, use the leadership feat as a guide and everyone seems to have given their assisstant a PC class and I see no reason to curb that now.

Quote:
Follow up question to that, would you allow any material from the Spheres of Might 3rd Party Supplements?
Yeah, thats a hard no on all of that. We're going to get crazy here, but thats too crazy

Last edited by Preacherwolf; Apr 8th, 2021 at 08:52 AM.
Old Apr 8th, 2021, 10:18 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2362
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
I was just going to use the Followers Talents of the Leadership Sphere to sort out just what his minions could do. Still a no to that?
Old Apr 8th, 2021, 03:02 PM
Of the Fartnocker Clan

Tools
User Statistics
Stupid question. Is leadership out because we already have the leadership feat per se?
Are followers from the leadership ability allowed?

Could our assistant/cohort take leadership? I had thought I read somewhere that it might be OK, but only if we used NPC classes, but now I don't see anything.
Old Apr 8th, 2021, 03:36 PM
Simply Doomed

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
I was just going to use the Followers Talents of the Leadership Sphere to sort out just what his minions could do. Still a no to that?
Still a no I'm afriad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeak View Post
Stupid question. Is leadership out because we already have the leadership feat per se?
Are followers from the leadership ability allowed?

Could our assistant/cohort take leadership? I had thought I read somewhere that it might be OK, but only if we used NPC classes, but now I don't see anything.
I did mention it a while back here. I'm not explictily banning Leadership, but the minions and assistant would give you more than that feats provides so I personally don't see the point in taking it. If you take the Leadership feat, all it'll give you is more minions of higher levels for your bidding, but all minions feat or no will have NPC classes. Now if your assistant to have it, I see no reason for that, but their cohort and extra minions would be restricted to NPC classes only as well
Old Apr 8th, 2021, 04:34 PM
Of the Fartnocker Clan

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacherwolf View Post
If you take the Leadership feat, all it'll give you is more minions of higher levels for your bidding, but all minions feat or no will have NPC classes. Now if your assistant to have it, I see no reason for that, but their cohort and extra minions would be restricted to NPC classes only as well
Verbiage is a bit unclear.

Can you confirm my understanding of this is right?
  • If the main character takes it, they would only get the minions and they would be NPC classes.
  • If the cohort takes it, then they would get their own cohort and extra minions, but all would be NPC classes.

So logically, it makes more sense for the cohort to take it, unless the main character is off the charts with leadership skill.

Last edited by Squeak; Apr 8th, 2021 at 04:37 PM.