Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Dungeons & Dragons: 5e > the Wild Sheep Chase
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 01-24-2017, 09:20 AM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20986
chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla
Baaaah, baaaa-aaaaah (sheep chatter)

--- please click this ---

left-aligned image

Sheep

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The sheep (Ovis aries) is a quadrupedal, ruminant mammal typically kept as livestock. Like all ruminants, sheep are members of the order Artiodactyla, the even-toed ungulates. Although the name "sheep" applies to many species in the genus Ovis, in everyday usage it almost always refers to Ovis aries. Numbering a little over one billion, domestic sheep are also the most numerous species of sheep. An adult female sheep is referred to as a ewe (/juː/), an intact male as a ram or occasionally a tup, a castrated male as a wether, and a younger sheep as a lamb.

Sheep are most likely descended from the wild mouflon of Europe and Asia. One of the earliest animals to be domesticated for agricultural purposes, sheep are raised for fleece, meat (lamb, hogget or mutton) and milk. A sheep's wool is the most widely used animal fiber, and is usually harvested by shearing. Ovine meat is called lamb when from younger animals and mutton when from older ones. Sheep continue to be important for wool and meat today, and are also occasionally raised for pelts, as dairy animals, or as model organisms for science.

Sheep husbandry is practised throughout the majority of the inhabited world, and has been fundamental to many civilizations. In the modern era, Australia, New Zealand, the southern and central South American nations, and the British Isles are most closely associated with sheep production.

Sheepraising has a large lexicon of unique terms which vary considerably by region and dialect. Use of the word sheep began in Middle English as a derivation of the Old English word scēap; it is both the singular and plural name for the animal. A group of sheep is called a flock, herd or mob. Many other specific terms for the various life stages of sheep exist, generally related to lambing, shearing, and age.

Being a key animal in the history of farming, sheep have a deeply entrenched place in human culture, and find representation in much modern language and symbology. As livestock, sheep are most often associated with pastoral, Arcadian imagery. Sheep figure in many mythologies—such as the Golden Fleece—and major religions, especially the Abrahamic traditions. In both ancient and modern religious ritual, sheep are used as sacrificial animals.
Old 01-24-2017, 11:09 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4057
Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos Dargos
Hey Choco. I noticed you said this is a level 4-5 AP......so considering domestic sheep are real dangerous....can we all get a level bump or 2? PLEASE>>>PLEASE>>>>PLEASE?????
Old 01-24-2017, 11:43 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5241
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
Actually, she told told me we are going up a level!

But wondering if we get a gp bonus. For having "finished a job" maybe? I mean maybe?
Old 01-24-2017, 12:12 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by lydklein View Post
Actually, she told told me we are going up a level!

But wondering if we get a gp bonus. For having "finished a job" maybe? I mean maybe?
Yes! Cool stuff happens at 4th level. 5th the only thing is 2x attacks per round and hp.
Old 01-24-2017, 01:48 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein lydklein
All that cool stuff depends on the class or race doesn't it? Except for the feats/ stat points, right? Do we get both or choose between the two?
Old 01-24-2017, 03:08 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Everyone gets +2 to stats or a feat. You don't get both. But yeah you should read up on the class description this see what else there is.
Old 01-25-2017, 01:23 AM

Tools
User Statistics
chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla
Level 4 it is
Old 01-25-2017, 02:45 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Hey, choco, took a feat instead of the + to stats. Also took the half HP +1 per level upgrade and re set my stats. Let me know if I should adjust that. Here is my Character Sheet if you would like to look it over.

Posted some in the pre-game thread. Thought it would be fun if we just yes, I know what they say.assumed we just continued after a messy PotA adventure. Don't know how the adventure actually ends, but alluded to it.

Last edited by lydklein; 01-25-2017 at 04:47 PM.
Old 01-26-2017, 11:57 AM

Tools
User Statistics
This game is being put in the fridge, I'll explain later
Old 01-26-2017, 10:49 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Bummed about this. Was looking forward to it, but I hope you keep Asha in mind for any other games you run above 2nd.
Old 01-26-2017, 11:32 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Same with ayla, I would love to run her as a 3rd or 4th lvl character.
Old 01-27-2017, 01:04 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Maybe, choco might be willing to put both of them in the same game.
Old 01-27-2017, 04:29 AM

Tools
User Statistics
left-aligned image

Goodmorning,

The two of you are most definitely the first I am going to PM when I have found a higher level game!

For now I can recommend you two things;
  • If you haven't already; have a look at this adventure DM-ed by Osse over here
    Game is still open for applicants
  • if you want --> keep posting in character in the PRE-GAME thread.
    If you ever need a roleplay example in general; or written in-character for an application to a Game; you can link to these posts.
    The thread is open and view able for all so you might want to make a couple of solid posts you are proud of and point potential DM's to here
  • I will not be here to moderate anymore though, going to close the Sheep-chapter and maybe at some later point in time I will get back into it.
    Obviously now is not the right time.

I'll see the two of you around and please have a look at Osse' game

Greetzzzzz

Last edited by chocoladevla; 01-27-2017 at 04:30 AM.