Notices

Old 07-20-2019, 12:04 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 101
Warlocked Warlocked
Hi hi, new Wod/3.5 player here

Hi all, I am looking to get into some RP which i have been missing so much. I have played 3.5 quite a lot, and played WoD for a while too (though by no means an expert on the subject, as i am sure i missed much during the time i self taught and then taught my group)

Would most likely want to get into a game of vanilla WoD or Mage if it was available, otherwise I would happily roll into a game of 3.5.

I am not a fan of min-maxing and more into making flavorful characters and making the most of that.
Old 07-20-2019, 05:04 PM
The Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 57687
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Welcome!

3.5 is still a great game, and still popular. 5e has taken a lot of thunder away from it, but there is still a legion of fans (I am one, for example).

Hope to see you around!
Old 07-20-2019, 05:05 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16750
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Welcome to the club chummer!

You're in luck actually, I just saw the first game of 3.5 in a while pop up on the games looking for players tab. 3.5 still has a die-hard following, but most people have migrated over to its cousin, Pathfinder.

Can't say I've seen much world of darkness beyond the occasional game of vampire, but one will pop up if you're patient. Better yet, be the change you want to see in the world. If you offer to run a game, I'm sure you'll get a group of good people to help you tell a great story!

Do you have much experience with Play By Post? I see you've already signed up for your solo game, Bravo! I can't recomend them to you highly enough!

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you settle in!
Old 07-20-2019, 09:25 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5783
DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold
Welcome! I've never played WoD before. Sounds interesting though.

You could also try posting in the players seeking games forum that you're looking for a gm for that system. I've seen quite a few games start with ideas in there.

Good luck. Hope to see you around!
Old 07-20-2019, 10:08 PM
Not so solo anymore

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 350
SoloGamer77 SoloGamer77 SoloGamer77 SoloGamer77
I still love and play 3.5. You are not alone for sure. Welcome aboard!
Old 07-21-2019, 02:19 AM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20340
chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla
Goodmorning Warlocked,

Welcome over here and cool to read you are experienced and into 3.5. Not sure if there are a lot of Adventures/Games recruiting but I am aware that we still have an active 3.5 crew out here ;-). Have you been checking the Games-looking-for-players yet or do you prefer a more private solo adventure first? Questions you have we can help you with?

please check out our Solo Games a private luxury DM will be included for free
~ taken the Oath of Sangus ~
Old 07-22-2019, 01:38 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 101
Warlocked Warlocked
I have the basic books from 5e so i suppose i could also play that, and whilst i feel it is a considerable improvement to 4e, 3.5 is what i am familiar with so i suppose i would try to play that first. I have considered getting the books for pathfinder, but from what i have heard, it is essentially 3.5. But i have a lot of money invested in 3.5 so i didnt want to go out and invest in essentially the same game.

I have had a little experience with play by post before, but the games/forums always died because 'that one player' who everyone was waiting on, just never comes back. or 'that one gm' ....

I have looked at the the Games-looking-for-players, but havent seen anything just yet. I thought i would give the solo quest a go, just because it sounds fun and will help brush off the dust and get me back 'in the groove'