RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 02-22-2013, 06:44 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2685
TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic
I don't think those work together, they both modify Bardic Music, and in a fairly incompatible way, as one revolves around doing damage with your performance and the other only allows you to target yourself with it.

EDIT: An ifriti dancer of the dawn sounds pretty neat though, nice synergy.

EDIT continued: On another note, Strix age one third over again as fast as a human, so the five year old is about a six or seven year old human.
To get within the age category you probably want something closer to 8 or 9

EDIT 2: Return of the editor
Quote:
@TheMystic - as to your app, ultimately you'll have to choose which one to go with. The class archetypes compliment each other, so they're all good. Is that Lucy from Narnia?
I know I'll have to pick, but for the moment two approaches to more or less the same character have arisen independently, I'll probably get more attached to one or the other once I've done the RP samples and that will sort it. But if you have a preference for which one you would like me to develop feel free to let me know.

I think it's Lucy, but that's not why I chose it, to be honest I typed "Mermaid" into google images and picked something that looked both childlike and somewhat wily.

Last edited by TheMystic; 02-22-2013 at 06:57 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:54 PM
Precious

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1968
Dpete Dpete Dpete Dpete Dpete Dpete Dpete Dpete Dpete Dpete Dpete
The two performances replaced by Sound Striker, inspire competence and suggestion, are not affected by DD. It fits the flavor of my character, as she throws a vocal tantrum when she doesn't get what she wants, eventually getting so strong to cause damage.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:57 PM
Nos defendat nostra

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13605
Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer
@ Dpete - I see your point. I was hoping for more racial variety generally because PF offers more odd species, but it is what it is.

I'll be checking archetypes in detail tonight. If things clash, I'll get back to you in detail on it, and where the clash(es) are.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:59 PM
Precious

Tools
User Statistics
Awesome. I appreciate your timeliness in replies!
Old 02-22-2013, 07:01 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic TheMystic
ahh, I had missed this

Quote:
All other types of bardic performance work normally (affecting the bard and his allies, or the bard’s enemies, as appropriate).
EDIT 2: Return of the editor
Quote:
@TheMystic - as to your app, ultimately you'll have to choose which one to go with. The class archetypes compliment each other, so they're all good. Is that Lucy from Narnia?
I know I'll have to pick, but for the moment two approaches to more or less the same character have arisen independently, I'll probably get more attached to one or the other once I've done the RP samples and that will sort it. But if you have a preference for which one you would like me to develop feel free to let me know.

I think it's Lucy, but that's not why I chose it, to be honest I typed "Mermaid" into google images and picked something that looked both childlike and somewhat wily.

Last edited by TheMystic; 02-22-2013 at 07:02 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 07:33 PM
Nos defendat nostra

Tools
User Statistics
Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer Atalla Wanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMystic View Post
Nope, you're not doing an Aasimar, so it's all good. Not that there's anything wrong with aasimars, I just didn't realize they'd be this popular. Just figure out which one feels natural to you and run with it.

@ Everyone - I'm going to be posting my house rules in the game thread... sometime tonight... and providing a link from the advert, so you can all take a look at them. It's rather comprehensive, as I'll be going through on a class by class basis.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:10 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quick question: Is it one safe house for everyone? If so, does it have an underwater entry?
Old 02-22-2013, 08:35 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6850
Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf Thamewolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalla Wanderer View Post
@Thamewolf - I'll take a look at them, but remember you're playing a child. So unless you can pull off the mad scientist kid thing... Which if you can, would be totally amazing.
Actually, after looking at the archetypes more closely, I realized the vivisectionist kind of dumbs down the evil mad scientist vibe of the plaguebringer a bit (no contagion bomb because vivisectionist takes away bombs). Then, I realized that I'm ok with that. It actually fits better with the story (and with being a child) for it to be a sort of combination of accident and picking a few things up from watching. Since ratfolk are from the commerce district, it would make sense that his father was an alchemist. I've got the backstory in my head and am just waiting for the time to write it all out (probably later tonight) but I'll say for now that my idea about the plaguebringer stuff comes from an accident in the rush to escape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalla Wanderer View Post
I've amended the rules, saying up to two archetypes can be applied per class, as long as they don't conflict.

@Thamewolf - where's the Plaguebringer one?
Plaguebringer is in the Advanced Race Guide. It's a ratfolk only alchemist archetype. You can also find the info here.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:18 PM
Why not Zoidberg?

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1384
Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum
put up a RP sample let me now if it is long enough.

Thank you so much for your support and patience everyone!!!
Old 02-22-2013, 09:20 PM
Nos defendat nostra

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMystic View Post
Quick question: Is it one safe house for everyone? If so, does it have an underwater entry?
So you found your way to the game thread? LOL, judging by views you all did - still I added a link in the advert. Know that House Rules aren't complete yet.

As for the question: everybody will be using the same safehouse until it is sacked and burned by the Collectors. This is decided by me rolling a d100 secretly each "day" (wherever I say "day", I mean in-game day, not RL day). A roll of 3 or lower means they're going to attack. Maybe you'll be there, maybe not. If you're there, they'll try to capture you. If not, they'll just steal anything you're keeping within. You may or may not have a chance to retrieve your belongings.

The safehouse, besides providing a place to store your equipment, weapons, etc. and sleep safe, along with regular food and water, is the meeting place.

Though I'm accepting 8 players (one from each Section - the Section you're from is not dependant on your race, but will be decided by the 8 players who get in) you will only go out in parties of 4. So each "day" there will be two game threads running for that quest, or rambling, or whatever you want to do. Each night you regroup, share information, and decide what to do next (via OOC). Additionally, you can rearrange who's in what group on a "day by day" basis.

@Thamewolf - gotcha.

@Statutory Plum - looks good to me (the length - I only skimmed it).

Last edited by Atalla Wanderer; 02-22-2013 at 09:27 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:25 PM
Precious

Tools
User Statistics
Interesting party system, and very thorough on the house rules. I'm not quite grasping the concept of initiative; does it mean the initiative stat is useless? Kind of has a big affect on traits I'm planning on taking and the consequent quirks of my character.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:33 PM
Nos defendat nostra

Tools
User Statistics
Yep. Initiative is useless. You'll never roll for it.

If four people are in a group - A, B, C, D - and they see a monster, they each get to attack first, in whatever order they want, they the monster goes. Then it's the group's turn again, but they don't need to follow their previous order. Everyone goes again, in whatever order they want, then the monster goes again. If it's a big meanie, then the monster will hit the group before they're aware - essentially a surprise attack.

This is a better system for pbp since our members come from all around the world, all different time zones. It's annoying to be waiting on posting knowing that the person you're waiting on is from the other side of the globe and won't be able to post until you're asleep - then everyone is waiting on you! I've used it as a player, and it really speeds up combat.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:42 PM
Why not Zoidberg?

Tools
User Statistics
Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum Statutory Plum
Question is my character app complete or am I forgetting anything?

also you say we each pick a sector we came from, is this made before the game or once accepted into it?

Old 02-22-2013, 09:43 PM
Why not Zoidberg?

Tools
User Statistics
by the by game looks fun and I relish the opportunity to RP as a kid, been about 10 years since I was 13!

Old 02-22-2013, 09:47 PM
Nos defendat nostra

Tools
User Statistics
The eight players will decide where they're from, one from each Section, once they are selected.

Marked you as complete, Statutory Plum.

Thanks, I'm glad I was able to kick up something exciting.

Last edited by Atalla Wanderer; 02-22-2013 at 09:52 PM.