DnD35e [Forgotten Realms] Lands of Intrigue - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 10-28-2010, 10:42 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1174
TPasq98 TPasq98 TPasq98 TPasq98 TPasq98 TPasq98 TPasq98 TPasq98 TPasq98
Lands of Intrigue

Game NameLands of Intrigue
Game SystemDnD 3.5e Forgotten Realms
ThemeUnlikely heroes (or villains) caught up in devious plans of intrigue and conquest!
FlavourClassic DnD Adventure
Plot SummaryWelcome to Tethyr... poor bastards!"
- Dugan 'the Arm'

It is the Year of the Risen Elfkin (1375 DR) and war has come to the Sword Coast. For five long years, the Lands of Intrigue have been at war with each other. Even now the bards sing tails of the troubles within these lands.

Northward along the Sword Coast, deep within the slums of Waterdeep, a lithe woman Bard entertains a tavern crowd as she sings the tail of the valiant King Haedrak and his courageous stand at Ithal Pass. To the south, among the crowed streets of Calimport, stands a man spinning the tale of Queen Zaranda and her struggles against the massive and vile Ogre Hoards! Even on the distant shores of Maztika rumors are flying as the settlers wonder upon the fate of their Amnish homelands.

Indeed, word has spread far and wide that the roads of Tethyr are no place for travelers... Yet you find yourselves here. Lured in by the promise of king's ransoms and glorious adventure, you and your caravan have finally arrived in the ancient city of Zazzesspur, but just barely.

Even now as you lick your wounds and count your bounty, evil brews and deceitful plans are plotted all around you. Like so many here in the Lands of Intrigue, you are about to be caught up in events that might shape a nation, yet you may never know it.

And so, as you kick your feet up and wet your throat with one of Dugan's frothy ales, you can't help but wonder...

"Why in the nine Hells did I ever come to these god-forsaken lands!!!"

Additional Info
This will be a classic DnD adventure designed for 4 – 5 level three characters of good to neutral alignments (Chaotic is okay but please try to steer clear of evil characters). Most classes will be considered, but a well balanced group will be essential.

Just about any book will be considered, just note which books you are using for character creation and which pages where I can find the information. FORGOTTEN REALMS CAMPAIGN SETTING IS ESSENTIAL… Do not apply with out one.

Last edited by TPasq98; 05-13-2020 at 11:47 AM.
Old 10-28-2010, 10:47 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3060
Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers Whispers
Can never pass up a Forgotten Realms game...

I'll be putting together an application for a wizard of some sort.

Name: Masoj the Seer
Race: Human
Alignment: Neutral
Homeland: Sembia
Class: Diviner
Appearance:Masoj is a tall slender man, his face gaunt and lacking color. His attire consists of a simple hooded-robe fashioned in a light gray hue. His clothing and lack of strong physical characteristic leave no doubt about his mastery of the Art. He carries a staff of gnarled wood but it lacks the typical battle marks of such a weapon.
Personality:
Background:

Last edited by Whispers; 10-31-2010 at 08:46 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:04 AM
Magic Missile: Darkness!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2149
Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador
Name: Heffron
Alignment: LN (Contrary to his teacher's wishes, Heffron has not become a good person- he has simply learned to accept, and follow, a wisdom greater than his own.
Homeland: Amn (specifically Murran, fled during the occupation of the ogre magi army).
Class: Crusader 1 / Cleric 2 (of Mystra)
Purpose for Entering Tethyr: Help rebuild the Nine Star Towers of Mystra (burned and sacked during the Interregnum. Queen Rhinda once served there as a lay sister). [Source: 2nd edition Lands of Intrigue, pg. 5 (Tethyr).]

Last edited by Lormador; 10-29-2010 at 02:01 AM.
Old 10-28-2010, 12:34 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 126
Halberd Halberd
Count me in!
Old 10-28-2010, 01:24 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 316
keloth keloth keloth keloth
I'm brand new to Forgotten Realms, but I've been reading the wikia. Was wondering if flaws/traits were allowed, and if evasion from 2 classes stacked to make improved (see below).

Name: Lotho "Shadowfingers" Underhill
Race: Tallfellow Halfling
Class: Rogue 2/ Swordsage 1
Homeland: Crimmor, Amn

Seamus, Exalted Druid

Last edited by keloth; 10-28-2010 at 01:26 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 01:42 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 941
IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt
Would you allow a lesser tiefling

Natural 20's:13
Natural 1's: 2
Old 10-28-2010, 02:22 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@ Whispers - nice!
@ Lormador - good use of campaign materials...
@ Keloth - not sure about the evation thing, check with "ask the sage thread."
@ Irish Kat - I'm not sure about 'lesser tiefling'. Where can I find info on these?
Old 10-28-2010, 06:35 PM
A Boss

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 461
thuglife236 thuglife236 thuglife236 thuglife236 thuglife236
Name: Courtland Fleetwater
Class: Swashbuckler Lv 4
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral: Developed strong morals at an early childhood, and hatred for the "justice" system after witnessing the hanging of his father for piracy.
Homeland: Waterdeep

Born into a poverty-stricken family, Courtland took a liking to the sea at a young age. His father was a simple man with one priority; provide for Courtland and his younger siblings. Arasthmus Fleetwater took odd jobs on merchant ships and pirate ships alike, serving the highest bidder. That all ended during one job, where Arasthmus was assigned to sail west to the High Forest to apprehend a group of female moon elves. The sponsor of this trip claimed they were fugitives, but upon arrival the captain of the ship made it clear that they were not searching for specific elves, Just make sure they're young enough to impregnate."
Arasthmus quickly realized he was helping create a breed of half-elf warriors to infiltrate the High Forest. He had to do his job, he needed the money for his children. When the group returned to Waterdeep, Arasthmus took his pay and reported the captain to the authorities. The captain of the ship already had planned on being compromised, and had the entire ship convinced to blame Arasthmus for the entire ordeal.
Courtland watched his father being hung in front of an audience, for doing the right thing and protecting the innocent. He spent years training in battle and manning sea vessels of every variety. If it could float, Courtland could pilot it. He sailed the Sea Of Swords leading a small group of friends, stealing from merchant ships, and disrupting the lawmakers and enforcers as much as possible

Last edited by thuglife236; 10-29-2010 at 01:19 PM.
Old 10-28-2010, 07:57 PM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 392
crazycanuck crazycanuck crazycanuck crazycanuck
lvl 3 start off thug
Old 10-28-2010, 10:44 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Dagomar Dagomar
Hello!

Would you be willing to allow variant genasi, as detailed here? Also, the "lesser X" races are at the back of the Player's Guide to Faerun.

Thanks, Dag
Old 10-29-2010, 01:19 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@ Isrish Kat - going to look into the lesser races soon, but I'm thinking that you shouldn't need them due to the fact that the game is starting at level 3... Just take the LA.

@ Dagomar - get back to you on the genasi varient for sure later on, but for now go ahead and go with it.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:25 AM
Magic Missile: Darkness!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2149
Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador
No need to overly concern ourselves with mechanics at this point, but if my concept is accepted, I'd just like to make it clear that my goal is melee cleric. One of the tank+control kinds, with the Standstill feat, Combat Reflexes, and Stone Power.

If that's not going to be appropriate, I'm quite open to changing Heffron's mechanical expression. He could be a straight cleric, a straight fighter, a paladin, or even a favored soul. I'm not married to the Tome of Battle, but I would like to use it if it's available.
Old 10-29-2010, 03:26 AM
<= IT'S GIR!!!!! :D

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 925
Cloudpiroth Cloudpiroth Cloudpiroth Cloudpiroth Cloudpiroth Cloudpiroth Cloudpiroth Cloudpiroth
Posting interest. I used this character in other campaign before it died :/ I have to edit it a little but it's ready to run

CharacterName: Vimak Pailum
Class: Fighter (Samurai-style)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Description: Vimak stands a menacing 6’6” and weighs in at 265 lbs. He has black hair that covers his ears. His eyes are dark brown. His eyes belie none of his emotions or his thoughts. He has a 3 inch scar that runs from just above his right eye down to his cheek bone. He wears his many battle scars from his travels with honor whenever he is out of his armor.

Personality: Vimak has a certain many qualities that are found amongst the Crab Clan. He is somewhat gruff with people, especially when they dance around what they are trying to say. However, he isn’t quite as impulsive as his fellow clansmen but he still has a tendency to be a bit rash. He has no qualms about working in a group, in fact he is all for it. He has no true bad habits with the exception of his tobacco smoking every night before he goes to sleep.

History: Vimak was born in the Crab village of Sunda Mizu Mura, or better known as the Clear Water Village. From the time he was able to walk, his father taught him the way of the Samurai, Bushido, and honor. When he was first able to wield a weapon, his father taught him how to wield the no-dachi (Fullblade). When he came of age to enter the Samurai school (age 12), he showed exceptional skill with the use of such an unusual Samurai weapon. After he had finished his training (age 21), his father presented him with the family’s ancestral weapon, a no-dachi which is named Bishamon, who is also the Fortune of Strength.

A short while after he had finished his training, his father called him into the family’s meeting hall. When he arrived, his father was also accompanied by Hida Kuroda, the Crab clan’s daimyo. After all the formalities had been performed, the daimyo explained that something in the world was amiss. He told Vimak to travel to far off lands to see if this feeling was true and, if possible, to help to destroy this threat.

Greatly honored by this request by the daimyo, Vimak graciously accepted this assignment. The daimyo asked Vimak to keep his assignment quiet to the rest of the clan. Vimak accepted this condition and told the daimyo that he would not fail him. Vimak left three days later.

It has been two years since that fateful day. Vimak has traveled far and wide, battling many creatures and foul foes. However, he feels that he still hasn’t accomplished what he was sent out for. He has come to this area by way of one of the wild magic portals. It had suddenly pulled him in and as soon as it spat him out, it disappeared behind him, stranding him here.

RP Example
The sun was high in the sky, bringing light and warmth to those who were outside. It was early spring, the beginning of the planting season on the plains. Looking around at the farms, Vimak saw a lot of serfs hard at work in the fields, tilling and planting the soil for the season. Few looked up from their work in the fields and fewer still even took notice of Vimak.

Vimak turned his attention away from the surrounding fields and turned his sights inward. Vimak was thinking about the most recent letter from his clan daimyo. Although it had been almost two years since Vimak left, at the daimyo's request, he maintained close correspondence with him. The daiymo was growing more and more concerned with recent events, from the wild magic to the tensions between the clans rising even more than they ever have.

It seems to me that if the clans continue down this path, then our duties of fending off the Shadowlands will all be for naught. Enemies will be all around us part of the letter read. It was this part of the letter that concerned Vimak the most. Suddenly, a strong, firm voice snaps Vimak from his thoughts.

Hail and let yourself be known, noble samurai of the Crab Clan. Vimak looks up to see that about a fifty feet away stood a samurai. His telltale katana and wakizashi hung at his side. I am Marisutso Rintao, samurai of the Lion Clan. What business do you have in these lands?

Well meet noble Rinto-san. Vimak replies back. My name is Vimak Pailum of the Crab Clan. My business is my own but I assure you that I mean no ill will or harm to the noble Lion. Vimak looks over the samurai, he looked only a few years his senior but he carried himself in a good way, a humble way, the way of a samurai. Vimak thought about it for a moment.

On second thought noble Lion Vimak starts as he shrugs off his furoshiki off his back and moving closer to the other samurai. If you can beat me in a single-draw iaijutsu duel, I shall tell you why I'm traveling. But I must warn you, I've never been bested in duel. He stops five feet away. He places his hand on his blade and slips into his stance.

I accept your challege noble Crab replies the samurai. Let us see who is better for I too have never been bested in a iaijutsu duel either The Lion slipped into his stance and faces Vimak, determination stamped on his face.

The world can wait Vimak thinks to himself. This is what I live for....

Natural 20's: 26 Natural 1's: 15

Last edited by Cloudpiroth; 10-29-2010 at 08:03 AM.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:25 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 208
Allistair Allistair Allistair
Posting my interest in this. Always looking for a good Forgotten Realms game.

Name: Alaluloar Fairslash
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Ranger / Lv 4
Alignment: Neutral-Good
Deity: Mielikki

Background: Alaluloar grew up on the outskirts of the Yuirwood in Aglarond. His father being a Human male who had fallen in love with an Elf of the forest. As a child of mixed race, he was taught about the cultures of both peoples and so he had a rich and varied childhood. Although his father was a human, Alalulaor was drawn towards the life of the Elves in the Yuirwood. His features were more elven than human with his ears being pointed as is natural to his elven heritage.

He lived his childhood in the Yuirwood with his parents and although they were on the outskirts of the forest, they lived in a small elven community among which his father was welcome even though he was the only full-blooded human amongst them. Alaluloar was taught by the elders of the community of his ancestors and of the ways of the forest and this along with his the curiosity that was inbred from his half-human blood he quickly developed into something of a budding ranger.

Alaluloar was taught to worship Mielikki and upon reaching adulthood he underwent the rite of adulthood as passed down among his people. Being sent into the forest, Alaluloar was to spend a year and a day amongst the trees, seperate from any contact. Time passed and Alaluloar returned to the small community after the rite had been completed. He never speaks of what happened to him during this period although something profound did happen as he returned a maturity that exceeded someone of his age.

He was not content to be confined to the small community however and so a short time later he left to wander the wilds, his soul soaring with every step he took. Alaluloar had many encounters and met strangers from lands afar during his travels. His current known location is Zazzesspur.
Old 10-29-2010, 05:29 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 38
Aves

Willing to give a newbie a chance? (if you've got room that is)

Name: Cendric Uthdar
Race: Half-drow (as specified in Races of Faerun)
Alignment: Neutral
Homeland: Unknown, but he settled in Calimshan.
Class: Swashbuckler
Appearance: (only short, sorry) 5'2", particularly elfish build even for a half-elf, white hair, silver eyes, black skin (normal half-drow stuff), and in a full, hooded, traveler's cloak otherwise he appearance tends to cause some upset.
Personality: Having come to terms with his birth and upbringing Cendic is normally open and positive but has little to no time for those that are slow of mind or body or course of tongue.
Background: Born of a drow soldier and a half-elf female he was abandoned at birth, taken in by a merchants caravan, stolen away as a child by a band of renegade drow and half-drow worshipers of Eilistraee and raised by them, left them and went to live in Calimport. (only a teaser, if I hear more I'll post up the full story)

Character Concept: An inteligent and diplomatic swordfighter, one happy to stay back and wait for his opponents to make a mistake.

Character Notes: As a half-drow he has the Darkvision to 60ft and Drow Blood instead of Low-light Vision and Elf Blood racial abilities.
I have also equipped him using 500 gold and non-core equipment is a Jambiya, a Sleeve Blade, a Wrist Sheath and a Framed Pack.
He was created using the 4d6 drop one method using the hamete virtual dice server, a print screen can be provided of the rolls if necessary.

Last edited by Aves; 10-31-2010 at 07:53 PM. Reason: I originally created this character for an Underdark game arround the Dalelands, just editing him a bit to fit this campaign.