DnD35e [Forgotten Realms] Lands of Intrigue - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 10-29-2010, 11:44 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1174
TPasq98 TPasq98 TPasq98 TPasq98 TPasq98 TPasq98 TPasq98 TPasq98 TPasq98
Old 10-29-2010, 07:21 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@ Thuglife: Swashbucker would be great, especially later on if he makes it to the port cities... But for now I dont have time to type all of the class info and send it to you. I can tell you that it is on page 12 of Complete Warrior... Good book/Good class!

Here's who has applied so far:

Human Wizard, played by Whispers
Human Cleric, played by Lormador
Halfing Rogue/Spellsword, played by keloth
Human Monk, played by Arguilios
Human Swashbuckler, played by Thuglife
Human Fighter (samuri-ish), played by Cloudpiroth
Half-elf Ranger, played by Allistair
Half-drow Swashbucker, played by Aves

Last edited by TPasq98; 10-29-2010 at 07:37 PM.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:42 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 38
Aves
Thanks for considering my character, I'll get the bio/description typed up very soon. That's a problem with keeping everything on paper
Old 10-29-2010, 09:43 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 941
IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt
Thinking of going a tiefling Ninja, but he would NOT be played like one.

lets see what I can come up with.

Natural 20's:13
Natural 1's: 2
Old 10-29-2010, 11:40 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 941
IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt IrishKatt
Valeran Vespith
Tiefling "Tracker" with a special skill set.

Class:
Ninja

Height:
5'7"

Weight:

Description:

Dark brown skin, so brown it looks red emphasize horned brows that adorn the majority of his head, from just above his eyes. Eyes that are like glowing orbs of amber, though no pupil or iris can be seen, as well you may think to see a reflection in this tarnished golden orb, but you will not find it. His hair is black, and falls loosely around his shoulders. Behind him hangs a long thick powerful tail, tipped with a barb like end, that looks as though is were an elven arrowhead. His clothes; simple, allowing a free range of mobility to his medium build taught with a hidden power, much like a jungle cat waiting to pounce.

Personality:

Valeran comes off as cold, but sadly he does not see the need for over enthusiastic outbursts. The young tiefling keeps to himself, and majority of the time out of sight. His mindset is different than many other peoples in the sense that nothing is pure. In his life Valeran has had no friends, only rivals, and enemies. This is probably because of his training, and his upbringing. Logic is the deciding factor in most all decisions Valeran makes, and when it isn't logic, it is instinct. To him friends are a liability, at least that's what he has been raised to believe. To say the least, the only thing Valeran has to fight for is survival, and money, neither of which require emotion, but in the long run the tiefling has nothing and no one to fight for.

Background:

Ankhapur is a large place filled with many dangers, and more than enough places to learn dark skills. After his Birth Valeran was taken from his family (with out much fight) and put into a chapel; or so was it's front. There they raised him, took him to the islands out of the River of steam, and even farther. Leaving him for dead with nothing but his "brothers, and sisters". These were to be his rivals, and his companions, but the wilds were a place of survival, and numbers would only dwindle your food supply, and bring more attention to you. After three days of being left in these wilds, all survivors were to meet at the north beach of what ever island they were on. Every time Valeran would be one of the very few. On the final test only he and a poison dusk lizard folk remained, her name was Sslissal, and they both were inducted, and set on their first real mission.

The mission was simple, they were both given a target of political intrigue in Ankhapur. After the assassination, they were to go into hiding, and live their lives using the skills they had honed, and learned. One day they would be called upon, and then the true tests would begin. Sslissal was never again seen by Valeran, and he hoped vice versa. Now Valeran takes trips to other dangerous places to hone and enhance the skills he already has. Where this takes him not many knows, but right now he is traveling, where to? Well, only he knows that.

Natural 20's:13
Natural 1's: 2

Last edited by IrishKatt; 11-01-2010 at 02:49 PM.
Old 10-30-2010, 02:40 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 126
Halberd Halberd
Are psionics allowed?
Old 10-30-2010, 10:31 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@ Halberd - I personally like Psionics, but...... For this one, when considering the apps that have already come in, a psoinic isn't going to get in. Please apply with a different class.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:05 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Halberd Halberd
How about a dragonfire adept from Dragon magic? or should I stick to something more core?
Old 10-30-2010, 11:35 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
That's fine Halberd, what ever you want besides psionic.... Get it in, I might be close to wrapping this thing up!
Old 10-30-2010, 03:25 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Dagomar Dagomar
Name: Akatha Windborn
Race: Genasi (looking at, in order of preference: Steam, Air, Smoke, Water)
Class: Beguiler 2 (PHB II) (LA +1)
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Homeland: Zazesspur (by way of Memnon)

Personality: Akatha verily embodies the concept of "free sprirt". Born and raised in the army town of Memnon, Akatha quickly came to realize she was different from most others in her home. Not by birth, of course; Calimshan is nearly a mecca of the planetouched, of all manner of lineage. Rather, Akatha was different in her outlook on life. Bhaelros was a favored god among many of her kin and neighbors, yet his dogma of chaos and destruction never appealed to her nature. Gifted with a natural curiosity, she felt herself drawn instead to choosing Akadi as patron deity, if I end up going with air genasi - still under considerationthe Lady of the Winds. After she fled her homeland, Akatha pursued her patron's spirit of exploration.

Background: Born among the planes-touched folk of Memnon, Akatha had no reason to think of herself as something out of the ordinary. Her kin were unusual, of course, but not so rare as to draw undue attention or favor. She ran the streets like any other urchin in her youth: pestering the garrison soldiers, begging for the stray coin or crust of bed from the foreign traders, causing the endless mischief that only packs of children can maintain.

As she grew older, and began to heed her parents' tales of her heritage, she reacted in different ways. She started to become somewhat arrogant to the mere human children she knew; never mean or hurtful, but proud nevertheless, and eager to show off her new talents. Akatha began to develop a faculty for arcane magic, her quick mind and powerful intellect allowing her to display an ever-growing facility with illusion and enchantment. She also become ever more free-willed and adventurous. If ever her parents tried to reign in her travels or antics, she replied with a laugh and a shrug, stating only "It is just my nature! before flitting off to the next bit of excitement.

Akatha began to see her free-wheeling days come to a close during one of the many uprisings among her homeland. Worshippers of the turbulent god Bhaelros, an aspect of the Storm Lord, had begun to circulate amongst the commoners, carrying their dark message of chaos and destruction. Memnon was swept by violent clashes as differing groups of fervent zealots tried to force their beliefs on others. As one of those touched by the spirits, Akatha often found herself at the center of such disputes, as evidence of the gods' favor, or as a sign of their displeasure. Such attention, and the frequent violence that accompanied it, was an early sign that perhaps Memnon was becoming inhospitable. When the civil unrest progressed too far, and Calishite troops were unleashed on the populace to restore order, and many planetouched were condemned as unholy scions, well, the carefree lass needed little more motivation. Gathering her few belongings together, she made her farewells without delay, and boarded the next transport headed out.

Akatha had developed a growing confidence in her otherworldly nature and her growing mastery of her magical skill, so had few concerns heading out on her own. Her first few months alone quickly taught her several valuable lessons, as she made her way along the coastal cities. She came to the conclusion that, perhaps, even for one of her prodigious capabilities, solo travel may not have been the wisest decision. After losing most of her coin to a trio of highwaymen, and only escaping worse misfortune through sheer luck, Akatha sought out a more secure calling. Finding herself in the port city of Zazesspur, she signed on with the Tethyrian navy. Her skills as an arcanist were highly sought after, and the adventure and travel of naval life appealed to her sense of adventure. She spent the next four years, including the most recent bout of hostilities, skating Firedrake Bay and the Race. Her ship, the Sea Snake, was a small but well-built vessel, tasked with seeking out hidden anchorages and outposts along the Tethyrian coast. Akatha found the work exhilarating, and quite rewarding. Several run-ins with Netherese ravers added a pleasing dollop of excitement, and the occasional plunder of a solo pirate ship or hidden redoubt kept her purse pleasantly plump. Travel as far as the great port of Athkatla provided enough new experiences to satisfy her drive for exploration. All in all, a very mutually rewarding relationship.

After one particularly harrowing encounter with a Netherese caravel, however, the Sea Snake was in desperate need of repairs and refit. Weighing anchor in Myratma, Akatha found herself with a deal of free time on her hands. Feeling just a bit too close to the unrest of her home town of Memnon, Akatha requested and was granted a leave of absence from her captain, Elvanor Kiril. Recalling that Zazesspur, the town where she started her naval adventure, was just a short trip north, she wrangled a spot with one of the many caravans headed that way. As the caravan arrived in Zazesspur, she wondered what new adventures awaited her...

Last edited by Dagomar; 10-31-2010 at 10:32 AM.
Old 10-30-2010, 03:51 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 162
Arion Wind Arion Wind
Working on a character, just posting to announce my intent.

Should be up sometime tonight.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:10 PM
Dark Lord of the Sith

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25
Roshti
Posting interest, trying to decide on character concept. should have a decision and sheet up tonight. Any alignment requirements/ restrictions?
Old 10-30-2010, 08:37 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 38
Aves
It's late now so I don't have time to post up all the bio but I'll just reply to a PM I've receved from TPasq98

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPasq98
Nice app... I like the character but I have a few questions if you don't mind.

1) How much dnd experience do you have? (i.e. how long have you played tabletop vs. play by post?)

2) How much experience do you have with Forgotten Realms?

T
Sorry for taking so long, still getting used to the site a bit.

I've been plaing D&D (started with version 3) since I was 11/12 and I'm 18 now. I've got a few years behind me. I've been doing play-by-post games for about 3 years but I will need to still get use to the style on this perticular forum as it is slightly different.

I've been playing FR games since I started D&D, I've got the campaign guide and have had it for some years.

I should probaly say as well that I am dyslexic so my grammer isn't good all the time. Just so your aware of that.
Old 10-30-2010, 09:15 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 162
Arion Wind Arion Wind
Name: Tilfis

Race: Drow

Alignment: Neutral Evil

Region: Cormanthor Drow

Class: Scout (CA)

Background: Tiflis' memories are are a bit of a mess, but what he can recall drives him unerringly forward. He was trained from birth in Menzoberranzan to serve as one of the Matrons' tools for finding and eliminating subversive elements withing the city. He quickly rose to prominence above his comrades and, despite frequent attempts on his life, emerged as the preeminent hunter in that city. As he discovered and eliminated group after group of dissenters and revolutionaries singlehandedly, his reputation grew, but so did his dissatisfaction.

He came to believe that that without him, the city would fall to these ruffians. And despite his obvious necessity to their continued existence, the Matrons regarded him as a favoured pet, at best. Convinced it was his right to rule instead of such unfit cowards, he staged a (greatly miscalculated) coup and was unlucky enough to be captured alive. They made a grotesque example of him, not only torturing him bodily, but also shredding his mind and soul, leaving him a shell of his former self. On the eve he was to be executed, a masked drow offered him a bargain; If he vowed to serve Vhaeraun, the Masked Lord would not only help him escape, but put him on the path to his vengeance. Tiflis readily accepted.

In a dazzling display of Power, the drow whisked Tiflis to an Vhaeraunite outpost in Cormanthor to recover and re-learn some of his old skills. During this time, he learned much of the surface people as well as his new god. Once his skills were restored to the bare level necessary for survival, a priest came and spoke to him. According to their god's command, Tiflis was to be banished from the encampment to travel the surface world. He was not to return until he had gathered sufficient strength, allies, and alien artifacts to bring down the matriarchy for good, this time. The priest was, however quite adamant that the banishment was only a safeguard against complacency, and that he went out with his god's full favour.

Tiflis' subsequent journeying has led him to Tethyr, though he has since begun to wonder if he erred in his judgment. . .

Personality: Tiflis makes every possible attempt to appear friendly and agreeable. He is well aware that his kind are hated and feared on the surface (jealous of his obvious superiority, no doubt), and as such wants to avoid being seen as dangerous. When and if he finds companions willing to stand with him, he is truly and steadfastly loyal, knowing that any sign of treachery will turn his allies against him, and above all else, he fears being left alone in this hostile world. Because of this underlying fear, he often surprises his companions by being the most ardent supporter of unity and courtesy within a traveling group.

All that said, his fundamental nature has still not changed. It is not uncommon for townsmen who were (in his mind) overly rude to him to be found dead shortly after Tiflis has moved on. There have also been rare incidents when travelers within his group have met with some fatal ill luck at the worst possible moment under suspicious circumstances, but since each of these unfortunates has, to a one, been considered a major threat to the other travelers, nobody has looked too deeply into these sad -- but unavoidable -- occurrences.
Old 10-31-2010, 05:06 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Halberd Halberd
Name: Qulum

Race: female kobold

alignment: NG

Class: Dragonfire adept 3
Appearance:
60 cm from the ground this little skiny creature is nothing be scared of. Weighing no more than 15 kg's it can be easily kicked around, but as always looks are deceiving. Redish to brownish scales cover her body, the colors having no true border.

Personality: Always helpful and curious to everyone and everything, she is always protected from an ingrained sense of carefulness.

Background: Q for short was hatched from an egg that belonged to the infamous slave-lord yuan-ti abomination Zstulkk Ssarmn from Skullport. Being small and weak, toppled with the fact that she was a slave didn't make life more easier for the kobold. Constant beating for not executing an order from her masters to the letter or just for amusement was how she spent most of her life. This however helped her, fueled by rage and frustration she slowly began manifesting draconic powers, slowly but surely unlocking her draconic heritage. In the little free time she had, she hid well and practiced her draconic breath, every possible day she could.

As time passed and Q grew older she was allowed a little bit of freedom, by allowing her to be one of the personal slaves of her master Ssarmn. This allowed her to peek into the world while serving her master's guest. As bitter and cruel as most of them were, the small kobold did have the luck of serving drinks to a beautiful human woman. As she came close to give the woman her drink a strange feeling of familiarity and warmth overwhelmed the kobold, her small legs refusing to move for a moment. This moment was missed from everyone except the human woman, but she didn't show any sign of it. Q was ordered to leave and go to the servants room to wait for further orders.

After a half-hour of talks it was revealed that Q was sold to the said woman and was her property now. The woman took Q to the city of Waterdeep and revealed her true identity. She was actually Jalanvaloss a dragon using spells to hide her identity, thus allowing her to live in the city without trouble. The dragon showed Q the how to be free, how to fully manifest her dragonfire powers and her last gift to Q, before allowing her to leave, was curing her of her all the cruelness and bitterness that found place in her heart.