DnD35e [Forgotten Realms] Lands of Intrigue - Page 6 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 05-15-2020, 12:18 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1174
TPasq98 TPasq98 TPasq98 TPasq98 TPasq98 TPasq98 TPasq98 TPasq98 TPasq98
Quote:
Originally Posted by orichulum View Post
@TPasq98

Do you have any specific details that you're looking for in a character submission? How much are you wanting on background, description, etc?
Hi Orichulum thanks for the question. The only specific I need in your Background is that you are currently in the city of Calimsham and accept a job as a caravan guard heading to Tethyr.

There are many different scenarios you can choose from to make this happen. Perhaps you are a Calimsham national born and raised in the region looking for adventure. Perhaps you are an exiled Tethyrian looking for a chance to return to your homeland. Maybe you are a renegade rogue on the run from the Shadow Thieves (or any other organization really) and you wound up in Calimhsam by accident as you worked towards evading your pursuers.

Other than that it is completely up to you and it doesn't have to be crazy fleshed out. Really just a paragraph or two to let me know what your character is about so I can try to weave in sub stories for you as the game moves along.

As far as the Description part of the application, I do like a quick paragraph just describing what your character looks like. Additionally, I really, really like it if you can find a 'picture' of your character somewhere online that we can use to add flavor to your post. I'll put out more information on that part once everyone is accepted into the game.

Last edited by TPasq98; 05-15-2020 at 12:19 PM.
Old 05-15-2020, 02:09 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 849
Reaper22187 Reaper22187 Reaper22187 Reaper22187 Reaper22187 Reaper22187 Reaper22187
Quote:
Originally Posted by TPasq98 View Post
My apologies Reaper but I don't think a Petal is going to work out well for this campaign, especially in the beginning. Is there another race you might consider?
I could run the build with kobold depending on if variants and flaws from UA are allowed. I just find the thought of a tiny fairy eventually getting strong enough to make even some of the most powerful creatures cower in fear to be very entertaining.
Old 05-15-2020, 04:01 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper22187 View Post
I could run the build with kobold depending on if variants and flaws from UA are allowed. I just find the thought of a tiny fairy eventually getting strong enough to make even some of the most powerful creatures cower in fear to be very entertaining.
Thanks for the inquiry Reaper... I am completely fine with a Kobold build if you want to go that route. I do allow variants on a case by case basis, so feel free to indulge UA if you like.
Old 05-15-2020, 04:53 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 228
orichulum orichulum orichulum
@Tpasq98 I have enough of a basic concept down I think and would appreciate your thoughts on if it would fit your game concept. If not then I may start working on an alternative concept.
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...44#post8762744

Last edited by orichulum; 05-15-2020 at 04:53 PM.
Old 05-15-2020, 05:59 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason View Post
You had me at 3.5!
Excellent! I look forward to seeing what kind of character concept you come up with Mason!
Old 05-15-2020, 07:17 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 364
Mason Mason Mason Mason
right-aligned image

Name: Kasim

Race: Human

Class: Wizard (Fire Domain)

Level: 2

Alignment: NG

Homeland: Calimshan

Background:
Kasim rose through the ranks of his guild with admirable quickness. And not like his peers who used their families’ influence. For him, the credit rested solidly in his own skills and nothing else. He had a distaste for politics and would remove himself from any such situation when possible. As with all in the Guild Arcane of Calimport, he had to specialize in one particular school or element of magic. He chose temperamental field of fire, a discipline where subtlety did not exist.

For many years, he bided his time. He did not want to gain too good of a reputation with his superiors to warrant a promotion. That would mean less freedom and more politics. Instead, he picked minor assignments that held a good deal of risk. Only through combat could he push his abilities and power. On the occasions where he felt that his superiors were looking too favorably on him, he would cause enough mischief to get himself into trouble, but not enough to be punished severely.

On his last assignment, he was to serve as part of a contingent designed to search out new information on the strange creatures that had been appearing along the western edge of the Marching Mountains. The leader of the expedition was a seasoned diviner from a powerful merchant family. A month into it, Kasim found that the leader was not as skilled as he claimed. After all, one would think that a powerful diviner would be able to see the moment of his own death. The group was ambush by what originally appeared to be large cats. But not only did they have a third pair of legs, they also had a pair of tentacles sticking out of their backs. They also proved difficult to target with spells. The beasts were eventually driven off, but the expedition suffered heavy losses and had decided to turn back.

Upon his return to Calimport, Kasim gave his report on the details of the creatures as well as what befell the fate of their dead members. Then the politics of the city set in. The family of the diviner insisted that someone be held accountable for his death. Since Kasim was not willing to play any of the games, the blame landed squarely on him. The Guild disavowed him and stripped him of his membership. And since he Guild Arcane controlled all magic and it's users, he was given the option to stop practicing his art or leave. He chose to leave. The perfect opportunity came when he learned of a caravan leaving for Tethyr that was hiring guards.

Non-Core Material: Not needed for build, but adds more flavor

Domain Wizard - Unearthed Arcana pg. 57
Bloodline of Fire (Regional Feat) - Player's Guide to Faerun pg. 35

Last edited by Mason; 05-15-2020 at 07:42 PM.
Old 05-15-2020, 07:25 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 364
Mason Mason Mason Mason
Working on getting that image resized
Old 05-15-2020, 10:41 PM
137 NPSG Graduates

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 36582
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Brief background added to application post.
Old 05-16-2020, 04:02 PM
Chainsaw Demon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 202
denji denji denji
Are you open for complete beginners?
Old 05-17-2020, 10:28 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Great applications and character concepts so far everyone! Really looking forward to getting started here soon. If you haven’t had a chance to post your concept yet please do so!
Old 05-17-2020, 12:11 PM
Superior Sorcerer Supreme

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6275
Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal
I've been itching to get back into the complexities of 3.5 lately. Too much 5e I think. And I have a fun character I made for another game I'd like to apply with!

Character App
right-aligned image

Name: Talia Silvercrush
Class: Warblade
Race: Half-Orc
Alignment: CG
Homeland: Silver Marshes
Background:

Last edited by Tyeal; 05-18-2020 at 01:52 PM.
Old 05-17-2020, 11:22 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2684
Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome
Character
right-aligned image

Name: Halo Redstone “Hawkeye”
Race: Human
Class: Ranger/Swordsage
Alignment: Neutral Good
Homeland: Tethyr

Appearance: He stands a tad over 6' and fills out his brown and black leather armor with a considerably well-toned body. He looks youthful but at the same time aged beyond his years. His skin is tanned from the many years of living outdoors. It contrasts nicely with his steel blue eyes, strong nose and cheek bones. He has several weeks’ growth of beard. His long shoulder length brown hair is flows freely. He usually has his traveling cloak hood up covering his head.

Personality: Hawkeye looks rugged and many mistake him for a rogue even though he is an easily approachable fellow. Work is work and play is play. He is serious when working, but usually in fairly good spirits when not. He walks with a purpose. He is friendly and outgoing and always helping others in need. He has worked a lot alone in the outdoors, scouting the deep woods for long periods. When he is in town, it gives him a chance reconnect with people.

Background: Hawkeye was born named Halo Redstone by his parents, Greta and Hal Redstone in the forest of Mir, not far from the town of Darromar in Tethyr. Halo enjoyed a fairly happy life as a kid.
His parents were hunters and traders who retired from the adventuring life. His father was a ranger and his mother was a swordsage by profession and they both trained him from a very young age. He had the best of both worlds and chose to continue in both professions. He quickly became proficient with the bow and several other weapons. Hunting and trading was a way of life for the family. He knew he wanted to adventure when he was old enough. He had the drive and his parents knew they would not be able to prevent him. They could not stop him so they trained him as best they could knowing someday he would leave for the road. He had learned, as did his parents before him, and their parents before them that they wasted nothing when they killed. They used the meat to eat, the skins and bones for clothes and tools. The extra skins were sold at the market for supplies as needed.
It was after he went to the last market that Hawkeye saw a posting for caravan guard work. It was the start of his adventuring career. He guarded his first caravan that went from Darromar through Zazesspur to the port city of Calimshan. Luckily, they saw little action. They only had to fight off some orcs and bandits. He was lucky enough to be hired on to guard another caravan heading back north to his homeland

Last edited by Clawsome; 05-20-2020 at 03:15 PM.
Old 05-18-2020, 02:18 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Thank you all for taking the time to apply for this game. All of you created fantastic character concepts, but unfortunately I can only accept 5 of you. For those of you that were accepted, please see the Invitation PM that I sent out moments ago for additional instructions.

For those of you who were not fortunate enough to join this game at this time, please do not lose heart. Keep an eye on the 'Games looking for players' thread as I may need additional players at some point. Feel free to visit the official game thread if you would like to follow along here.

Good gaming all… Application Thread is now closed.
Old 05-18-2020, 03:47 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 228
orichulum orichulum orichulum
Congrats to those chosen!
Old 05-18-2020, 04:28 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by orichulum View Post
Congrats to those chosen!
Orichulum yours was really good btw! I hope you find a game for her.