User Statistics
RPXP: 13740
Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
The Dragon of Icespire Peak

Game Name
normal image without text wrap
Dragon of Icespire Peak
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeAdventurers traveling the Sword Coast to gather the strength to take on a Dragon.
FlavourPublished Adventure, Job Quests, Survival
Plot Summary
OverviewOverview:

right-aligned image
"Explore this introductory adventure to get started playing the world's greatest roleplaying game"

Peace had found the once tumultuous region surrounding the town of Phandalin. The Lost Mines of Phandelver, recently unearthed brought with it droves of adventurers seeking their chance at adventure and fame. Though, as time passed so to did the amount of adventurers and life returned to normal. Reconstruction of various portions of the town were nearing the end of their progress and trade has been good with the various surrounding towns.

Though, peace would not last for long.

Driven from the icy northern portion of the Savage Frontier, a young white dragon by the name of Cryovain has decided to claim the snow-capped mountain range as its new domain. With the arrival of the young dragon a wave of terror has begun to spread through the land as its very presence has changed the ways of life. Orcs, chased from their home have begun raiding nearby settlements, caravans and livestock under constant threat of being Cryovains next meal, and rumors of the Cult of Talos settling in somewhere among the Neverwinter Woods has put everyone on edge.

Coming to the town for reasons unknown, the hope and fate of the region falls upon a pair/group of unknown adventurers to liberate the land from Cryovain's growing tyranny. The only question is: are they up for the challenge? Or will they become the next frozen statue to adorn the young dragon's lair?

InfoWhat am I looking for?

Story-tellers.

Plain and simple. It is far more fun to explore characters and watch them grow during the adventure. If your goal is to make a mechanical beast of a character to make me weep - don't worry, you'll succeed haha! The key will be are they interesting to others? If you're making a stone-faced beast of a character who never speaks and never engages with the group I'll happily show you the door.

DetailsDetails
  • Setting: Forgotten Realms - Sword Coast
  • Allowed Sources: Player's HandbookPHB, Dungeon Master's GuideDMG, Xanthar's Guide to EverythingXGtE, and Sword Coast Adventurer's GuideSCAG. (Blood Hunter & Its on you to flavor it for Faerun. Remember, this isn't Eberron.Artificer are allowed. PM me for other sources and UA material. )
  • Attribute Scores: 15, 14, 13, 12, 10, and 8 in any order you wantStandard Array or 27 point-buy
  • Alignments: No NE or CE. PM me for any planned LE.
  • Gear: Class starting equipment and background gold
  • Pantheon: Forgotten Realms
  • Character Advancement: We'll be using milestones. You'll be going from Lv 2 to Lv6 by original game's end.
  • Multi-classing: Is allowed but limited to one. Main Class + Secondary Class. Also make it believable/PC-background relevant.
  • Post Rate: Minimum of 1/wk. Teams can set the pace if they want faster/slower, I will follow.
  • Party Size: Two groups of five will be accepted. One will be DM'd by me, the other will be handled by my Co-DM, Lashiec.
  • Factions: Allowed! I can easily weave side-quests into this game if anyone is interested in the various factions.
ApplicationsWhat do I want in your app?
  • Your typical app; Name, class, race, appearance, 5e background, two personality traits, ideal, bond, flaw.
  • Post a pic so I have tokens for maps, be sure to resize it to at least 250x250px, please.
  • A backstory that includes a few things:
    • Their story, of course
    • Their hometown here in Faerun
    • Why are they traveling?
    • What is their over-arching goal? {Their goal does not need to be within the confines of this adventure, this can easily be a stepping stone in their journey. But having a driving force often brings more life into the character, i find.note}
  • I would recommend against making a sheet right off the bat - though I can't honestly stop you either

Below is a template to help you get started.

Cleared for new apps on 21/5/20
Current Apps
User NameClassRaceStatus
JaredSynDieselGlamour BardDMG verEladrinComplete
penbeast0RontaeRangerGhostwise HalflingComplete
AlemarHunald FroststoneBarbarianShield DwarfComplete
tomplumUrobor ShuuthtarPaladin/SorcWhite DragonbornComplete
grumpydadNikoArcane ArcherHumanComplete
routzongMugoDevotion PallyHalf-orcComplete
ZazoAndrov   Interest
In the MixTheresa MervaChampion?HumanComplete
cookieyummyAzariah UladithasArtilleristHalf-elfComplete
HalcyonRhysKethri YlsanCleric/RangerHumanComplete
voodoozombie ApprovedWu Jen MysticV.HumanWIP
SnakeOilCharmerHanelyn BodenshawDraconic SorcLightfoot HalflingComplete
Chaos HavikWrthia RashnnakStorm HeraldHalf-OrcComplete
CruciusWorjhan UlxaacnerbikZealotSilver DragonbornComplete
Nade   Interested
TheWeekend72Aerwyn Naenti ElnynLife-ClericDwarfComplete
SaratekKahlan AckermanDivine SorcererDM-ApprovedScourge AasimarComplete
ZangulKalamirStorm BarbarianWas approved for this characterMinotaurComplete
SinnerBetaSylmaerE.KnightSun ElfWIP
Chylopan Bel-Anar Cleric (Order)Sun Elf Complete
Krazy"Shotty" ElnepWizardGnomeWIP

DM Review = I haven't read through it fully yet.

QuestionAnswer
UA - class variant? Negative - While extremely cool due to the high degree of customization, I'm running multiple teams. The more stuff I have to look up/remember, the more mistakes I'll likely make. Saving myself the trouble.
Is [source] allowed? Generally no. I provided an "allowed sources" for a reason.
What about this [UA]? PM me what you're planning, lets see! If its interesting and not too much work for me I'll likely approve it.
Will we have a Discord or something?While I DO have and use discord for my games - IceSpire I will not. If you need to reach me for certain reasons just shoot me a PM. I'm on RPGx most of the day anyways.
Do you allow DndBeyond sheets? Yes, and I have a campaign for this game that you are free to connect to and enjoy my shared sources. I do not require my players to use it and accept any form of character sheets, long as I have access to them.

Last edited by Retry; Today at 11:34 AM. Reason: Updating table
Old 10-28-2019, 11:31 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 174
Lord Lord
would you be okay with two backgrounds for a character?
Old 10-28-2019, 11:34 AM
Here to help

Tools
User Statistics
you can flavor it as so, yes. You'll need to provide what is taken from what background.
Old 10-28-2019, 12:08 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Lord Lord

Name: Haldir Reynan

Race: Half-Elf

Class: Rogue

Alignment: Neutral Good

Physical Description: light frame with dark brown hair that rests on his shoulders and a constant smirk on a hard face. He wears a cape with dark coloured clothing and leather cap.

Background: Charlatan & Criminal

Personality: Haldir is a social butterfly who relishes the spotlight and a chance to entertain. He loves to be snarky, sometimes rude, and poke fun at anything and everything he can. Living in a world or color and deceit for his father’s circus Haldir is slow to trust, but earnest and sincere to those he cherishes.

Personality Trait:

(Charlatan )I put on new identities like clothes.
(Criminal ) I am incredibly slow to trust. Those who seem the fairest often have the most to hide.

Ideal:

( Charlatan ) I'm a born gambler who can't resist taking a risk for a potential payoff.

Bond:

( Criminal ) My ill-gotten gains go to support my family.

Flaw:

( Charlatan ) I'm convinced that no one could ever fool me the way I fool others.

Short Backstory:

Last edited by Lord; 10-28-2019 at 05:39 PM.
Old 10-28-2019, 01:27 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 639
Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Orion
Race: Wood Elf
Class: Rogue (Plan: Assassin/Fighter)
Personality: Makes a good first impression as being charming and friendly, but can get down right mean when mad. Seems like he would make a good friend, willing to fight for what he believes in.
Appearance: Although he wears well-kept leather armor, wrapped in a green cloak that could easily be mistaken as a collection of leaves, his clothes are also well-worn and his dirty blonde hair hangs passed his shoulders not exactly messy, but also not exactly clean cut either. He looks every part of a hunter who spends the majority of his time in the woods. But if you look into his dark green eyes, there is a pain that is deep within his soul that is enough to make you want to look away.
Background: Charlatan
Personality Traits: Flattery is my preferred trick for getting what I want. Sarcasm and insults are my weapons of choice.
Ideal: I am a free spirit - no one tells me what to do.
Bond: A powerful person killed someone I love. Someday soon, I'll have my revenge.
Flaw: I'm convinced that no one could ever fool me the way I fool others.
Backstory: Once a simple hunter living off the bounty of the woods, Orion's life changed in an instant when a dragon killed his wife. Now, he spends every moment he can preparing to get revenge and kill that dragon. Orion has lived in the dark corners of society, picking up whatever tricks of the trade he can in order to be a world class assassin one day, for he may get only one chance to get his revenge and he will do whatever he can to ensure his life's mission is successful and is willing to dedicate as much time as he needs to have the skills he might need. When in public, Orion keeps up the persona of a simple huntsman looking for work, never mentioning his true skills or abilities.
1 Peter 1:13-16
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by Kenjitsu; 10-28-2019 at 02:28 PM.
Old 10-28-2019, 01:43 PM
Master of None

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8508
Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede
Application Status - SUBMITTED FOR REVIEW

Shaede
left-aligned image
Name: Shaede
Race: Wood Elf
Alignment: Neutral
Class: Rogue
Background: Charlatan
Personality Traits: I always have a plan for what to do when things go wrong. I am always calm, no matter what the situation. I never raise my voice or let my emotions control me.
Ideal: Freedom. Chains are meant to be broken, as are those who would forge them.
Bond: Someone I loved died because of I mistake I made. That will never happen again.
Flaw: An innocent person is in prison for a crime that I committed. I’m okay with that.
Appearance: Shaede is a medium sized elf with green eyes and light skin. His hair is light brown, though you wouldn't know it as he is constantly has the cowl of his cloak over his head. He is fast and nimble, and his movements are graceful.
Personality: Shaede is a sarcastic, yet cautious elf. He has seen it all and know to always have a way out of any situation. He tries to forsee anything and everything that could wrong and make contingencies to avoid anything affecting him negatively. He doesn't mind conversation and sometime will try to talk his way out of a situation, should he find himself in one. Though, this is all a guise to the inner turmoil that he actually feels as he never wants to feel the pang of loss that he did when his father was killed.
History: Shaede comes from a dark past. A son to a wealthy merchant who dealt in the arcane. His father was betrayed by a Drow warlock named Kieran after he was commissioned to collect a rare spellbook containing secrets of the undead. Shaede was working in his father's shop when Kieran came to settle up. Upon obtaining the book, Kieran used some unseen power to petrify his father. Shaede could only watch and did nothing.

Ashamed, he vowed revenge and left his life and family in search of his father's killer. He hid in the shadows and lived on the streets. He learned his trade of thievery and trickery to obtain the information he needed. He then framed one of the warlock's accomplices for murder to hurt the Kieran's network.

Always, he seems to be one step behind, but is gaining ground. He searches the world for information on the whereabouts of his archnemesis. His most recent travels have brought him to Phandalin where he has caught word of strengthening magic and the search for long missing dwarven mines. During the journey from Waterdeep to Phandalin, however, the wagon team had also mentioned the rise of a young white dragon in the Sword Mountains. Seeing as Shaede was in need of gold, he decided he may be able to kill two 'dragons' with one stone.
Roleplay Example: The Job

Posting Rate: Maximum: Many times per workday (M-F CST). Only once or twice on weekends; Minimum: once per day during workday, none on weekends.
Old 10-28-2019, 02:26 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Lord Lord
Lots of charlatan elves in this thread. Might change Haldir to something else.

Last edited by Lord; 10-28-2019 at 02:58 PM.
Old 10-28-2019, 02:43 PM
Crazy Kobold

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7119
Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere
Not new to the site but I am new to 5E so I could do with some practice... does that count as newish or would you prefer players that are less experienced with pbp?
Old 10-28-2019, 02:50 PM
Here to help

Tools
User Statistics
No, new to 5e is fine as well, I do what I can to help folks learn 5e if they're willing

Last edited by Retry; 10-28-2019 at 02:58 PM.
Old 10-28-2019, 03:10 PM
Crazy Kobold

Tools
User Statistics
Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere Alatere
Ok I’ll put something together then... I hear elf rogue is the way to go...
Old 10-28-2019, 03:58 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 639
Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu Kenjitsu
@Alatere Yes. We need one more Elf Rogue to start our own Thieves' Guild.
1 Peter 1:13-16
I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Old 10-28-2019, 05:13 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 591
Imaginate Imaginate Imaginate Imaginate Imaginate Imaginate
Not quite new to RPGC (I disappeared for a time last year), but I am little new to 5e, and completely new to playing a caster. This would be my first time trying a character that wasn't shooting pointy things or chasing after goblins with a greataxe or greatsword in a frenzied rage. I hope to be part of the group and look forward to the adventure! Love Forgotten Realms.

Character Application

Character Picture:

Name: Ander

Race: Halfling (strongheart)

Class: Wizard

Alignment: Chaotic Good

Physical Description: Small in height for a halfling, Ander stands at just under 3’0”. He is unsure whether it was an issue of his birth, or it was truly his exposure to drinking a dark-colored caffeinated concoction at an early age. However, what he lacks in height he more than makes up for in girth. Last that his previous employer and master checked, he weighed just over 60 lbs. It is hard for him to find robes that a wizard and/or wizard apprentice would normally wear without him floundering in material, so he sticks with a few simple combo-colored tunics and britches that his previous wizard master had tailored for him. He has curly brown hair, the ends of which settle almost on top of his shoulders and frame his round and beefy cheeks and hazel eyes. Other than that, his face seems bare and often makes people think he is much younger than he really is.

5e Background: Cloistered Scholar (PHB: Sage/Wizard’s Apprentice).

Personality:
There are times that Ander can be as robust in personality as he is in his tiny but thickly insulated frame. Explosive laughter will escape him at the most awkward of situations or jokes in one turn, and then he is wrapped in absolute silence to focus on any particular book or pastry in the next. Most of his personality has had to be crafted, due to his awkward upbringing with a human wizard who apprenticed him. As Ander has more experiences, the more he observes, and the more refined his personality becomes.

Personality Trait 1:
I’ve read every book in the world’s greatest libraries--or like to boast that I have.

Personality Trait 2:
I am horribly, horribly awkward in social situations.

Ideal:
The goal of a life of study is the betterment of oneself.

Bond:
I have an ancient text that holds terrible secrets that must not fall into the wrong hands.

Flaw:
I am easily distracted by the promise of information (especially when it concerns the location of certain delectable delicacies).

Short Backstory:
Ander’s journey to becoming first, a slave, and then an apprentice to a minor wizard in Silverymoon is as complicated a telling as a chief cook’s tale on baking sugar lemon pasty’s, which Ander very much desires between his book studies. He was a wee halfling found in ship wreckage on a beach near Waterdeep. He was sold along with other goods to a merchant/wizard who was buying the freedom of slaves, coin by coin. Instead of just giving Ander his freedom though, the wizard took Ander with him to his home and laboratory/library in Silverymoon. It was there that Ander developed a knack for the arcane and became an apprentice. As the wizard aged, the human lacked the ability to travel on errands as he did in the past. Ander has become his feet, eyes, and ears, and a trip to Phandalin is Ander’s first real journey on his own, leaving the halfling ready to prove himself as a full-fledged wizard in his own right...and also, leaving him quite hungry for sugar lemon pasty’s.

Last edited by Imaginate; 10-28-2019 at 11:57 PM. Reason: Character picture added!
Old 10-28-2019, 05:38 PM
Crazy Kobold

Tools
User Statistics
Time for the anti-Elf rogue

Application
right-aligned image
Name: Brogan Ironforge
Race: Shield Dwarf
Class: Fighter

Personality: Brogan being a young Dwarf is quite Jolly in nature, he is quick to break into song and laughter and he takes nothing too seriously unless combat is involved then he becomes deadly serious. Brogan is good hearted and loyal and a steadfast friend though he can be overcome by the dwarven lust for gold and gems at times. In combat Brogan maintains a calm head and tries to first use his head to win a battle before relying on his might. One of Brogan's strongest beliefs is that teamwork is the key to most victories.

Appearance: Brogan stands only 4’1 high, what this diminutive warrior lacks in height he makes up for in muscle, every inch of Brogan’s body is toned from years of hard labour in the forges of the Iron forge clan and from training under the great warrior and Adventurer Grimin Battlehammer a local cleric who teaches the ideals of Clangeddin Silverbeard. Brogan‘s skin is dark looking like he has a dark tan though in reality he has seen little of the sun, though Brogan is very young for a Dwarf he appears much older his hair and beard are both long and are silver grey in colour, his beard is neatly platted and well maintained while his hair is usually just much more roughly tied back and out of the way. Brogan’s eyes are quite an unusual shade for a dwarf being a bright blue in colour and his eyes in particular are the only area of Brogan’s body that seem to give away his youth. When travelling Brogan wears heavy armour well made and well maintained, over this he usually wears light blue tabards with a dark blue cloak with a hood. Along with this he bears a large metal shield bearing a light blue background and Clangeddins twin axes on the foreground. In combat Brogan favours the use of a large and sturdy Dwarven waraxe though under the teachings of Clangeddin he has trained with most weapons.

Background: Acolyte

Personality Traits: I am larger than life in all that I do. I am loud and boisterous and make a point to enjoy life as much as possible.

Ideal: Faith - I trust that my deity will guide my actions. I have faith that if I work hard things will go well.

Bond: I will do whatever it takes to keep help my kin and the Dwarven people thrive and to keep them safe.

Flaw: I lack subtlety and rarely know how to face a problem other than head on.

Backstory: Brogan was born in the deep halls beneath Citabel Adbar into the Ironforge Clan. Brogan was the third child of Bragnor and Gurti Ironforge though he was the couples first son. When Brogan was born he was born with an unusually large amount of bright silver hair, Brogan’s parents saw this as a blessing from Clangeddin Silverbeard himself so while Brogan was young he received much schooling from the local Cleric of Clangeddin Silverbeard, though Brogan did not show any real talent as a Cleric he continued his lessons into adulthood all the same. When he was not studying the ways of Clangeddin he was often kept busy in the family forges helping in the crafting of great works of arms and armour. Brogan’s early life was very secluded and he very rarely ever saw a non dwarf, yet he felt a longing to see the world so when barely reaching adulthood he decided he would leave his clan halls and see the world.

At his first oppertunity Brogan signed up as a guard on a dwarven caravan heading to a human city and bid his parents and two sisters goodbye as he ventured into the wide world to test the teachings of Clangeddin.

The life of a caravan guard was not as glamorous as the young dwarf had hoped and after several succesful trips where Brogan helped to fend off little more than rabbles of badly organised and poorly equiped bandits Brogan once again felt wanderlust take control of his feet and the stout dwarven warrior left the caravan and found himself alone in the town of Phandalin looking for something more exciting. Where being a caravan guard had failed to provide the excitement that Brogan longed for perhaps becoming an adventurer would succeed!

Last edited by Alatere; 10-29-2019 at 03:40 AM.
Old 10-28-2019, 06:20 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1642
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
kalxori
Name: kalxori
Race: aasimar(protector)
Class: fighter going sword bard
Background: solider
backstory: kalxori has always been defensive over those he's cared for the first was his brother, Xander. Then when he was called to defend his home he did just that but how can one be prepared for a dragon. It's not cowardice to retreat from one. Well, that's what he did. Though voices have begun to guide him into becoming stronger or so he believes. He travels to phandalin as told by the guides.
Old 10-28-2019, 10:16 PM
Ein Úlfur

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6320
DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs DanshiiWithWulfs
This is awesome, @Retry! Never completed a D&D module before so I'd like to join, if that's okay?

Application, COMPLETE!
right-aligned image
Name: Aska
Race: Half-elf
Class: Sorcerer
Personality: Aska is young and therefore oft underestimated, despite having the demeanor of a warrior and the skill to back it up. She hated that, but relished moments when those who were foolish enough to do so realized their error too late. Her mother, Elara, once reprimanded her for being too eager; eager to mature, eager to gain power, eager to die. But that is only because Aska felt the weight of her task and took it seriously; to be the wearer of the Circlet of Chazzar was her burden and hers alone. She had to be ready for anything. Therefore the young woman never stopped training to improve herself, both in body and mind; she valued discipline and duty, sometimes to the detriment of other aspects of life.
Appearance: Tall, slender, and athletic, Aska stands at a height of 5'6" and has jet-black hair that frames a young and feminine face with fair, smooth skin and intense gray eyes. Others had noted that she possessed golden eyes, not gray, but they were few and far between, if not dead. A black padded leather jerkin for travel adorns her fit torso, wrapped under a thick red cloth belt with leather straps for utility; a long two-edged dagger hangs by her hip. What is most noticeable in Aska's accoutrement is not her lack of other weapons, or her form-fitted leather trousers and boots, but a circlet made of slim black leather with an impossibly-red jewel in the center that resembled a reptilian eye.
Background: Inheritor
Personality Traits: I'm confident in my own abilities and do what I can to instill confidence in others. When I set my mind to something, I follow through no matter what gets in my way.
Ideal: Duty. It is my burden to bear the Circlet of Chazzar; for only I can withstand both its power and its madness.
Bond: My mother and younger brother still live, somewhere. One day I hope to see them again.
Flaw: I have a nagging sense of dissatisfaction; there's always something more just out of reach.
Backstory:

Last edited by DanshiiWithWulfs; 10-28-2019 at 11:01 PM.