Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry Retry
Of course its okay
Old 10-28-2019, 11:47 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 119
Axiom Axiom
Hey all, I have to admit I am brand spanking new to this website and while I have lurked around spying on posts here and there this will be my first attempt at applying for a game. I'm still not super familiar with how all of this works but I will start my application now and have it finished by tomorrow night.

Application
right-aligned image

Name: Reygen Mournel

Race: Illuskan Human

Class: Cleric of Ilmater

Personality: For the most part she is soft spoken and perfectly comfortable with others carrying the conversation or leading the way. The only time she is not like this is when she is passionate about something. Unfortunately this can tend to happen a lot. Reygen has a very jaded outlook on the world and is extremely receptive to the pain and suffering of others that she happens to come across. While she has an extremely kind heart and expresses a level of empathy for others that is rarely seen, she does not drift through the world with rose colored glasses firmly planted on her face. She understands that there are harsh realities and limits to what a person can do in the face of overwhelming odds. When she gets that look though... setting her jaw and clenching the fist of her sleeved arm so tight that it begins to shake, there is very little reality that is going to keep her from going full tilt at whatever it is that has her ire.

Appearance: Reygen is tall and fair-skinned with long black hair and dark, piercing eyes. To some she would seem rather shy and plain, her manner tending to withdraw from the gaze and attention of others. For those who take a longer look it might be decided that there is a sullen, perhaps even dark beauty to her. She dresses plainly and maintains her hair simply with pins to keep the bangs out of her face and braids to keep the hair in the back from flying about in the wind. Despite all of this there is a subtle grace to her. It seems as if at some point in her life at least she was shown the finer points of being a lady, perhaps even a noble one. Even though she would prefer to avoid the attention of others she does not shy away from it. When she does meet a gaze she holds it with a stubborn confidence until she decides to break it. The one thing that stands out in her ensemble is the gloved left hand tucked into a tight fitting sleeve pulled tight to her elbow. Embroidered along the sleeve are silvery patterns that look almost like gemstones.

Background: Courtier

Personality Traits:
"Even kindness has limits. I will not be made a fool of."
"Hope doesn't mean idly wishing things get better. Hope is fighting, persevering, keeping yourself going no matter the cost because you know that if you stop there is no hope at all."

Ideal: "I'm committed to people rather than ideals"

Bond: "All who suffer at the heel of tyranny should be released from their torment and I will always see that they are."

Flaw: Melancholy Bitterness - "The hearts of greedy men are black as night and cold as winter's chill. They feel nothing and I feel nothing for them."

Backstory:

Reygan is the first born of twins to a moderately wealthy merchant noble house in Mirabar. The Mournels first became a wealthy house through the efforts of her grandfather. A skilled artisan and renowned gem-cutter Roland Mournel had been able to negotiate his services into a percentage claim to one of the mining veins beneath the city. The more precious gemstones he was able to cut loose from the unearthed rock and ore, the more his wealth and expertise came to rise. Eventually he was able to take on apprenticeships, expand his business and invest in an estate among the upper echelons of society. When his only son Robarin (Reygen's father) had come of age he was placed into an arranged marriage with another noble family from Luskan who were sworn to one of the High Captains of that nefarious port. The arrangement gave the Mournels a fairly safe avenue for overseas trade as well as the ability to ply the markets of Luskan with little fear of being extorted or outright robbed as often tended to be the fate of outside operations there.

Though her youth was not much different from any other well off child, lavished in frivolity and want for nothing, she and her twin brother Raymond grew up almost exclusively with her mother in Luskan. As one might expect from this sordid environment she was just as much exposed to the shadier sides of the family business as anyone else. Her mother's family were privateers, part of one of many rackets "unofficially" under the purveyance of the High Captain's management. On the surface it would appear her mother's ships provided a service to both the local governance and the merchant ships that traveled the sea lanes to Luskan and beyond. It wasn't until her early teens that Reygen learned the truth of things but she had become rebellious to her family's wishes long before then however. Despite all of her mother's efforts to teach her of social graces and how to navigate the pompous affairs of economics and the nobility, Reygen would only parody it at best with complete disinterest. She learned to wear a smile and curtsy while her insides screamed in protest at the sheer ridiculousness of it all.

Her twin brother Raymond had quickly taken to seafaring and martial training and was often gone for long stretches of time. When he would return, Reygen would sneak away and listen to him and his crew-mates tell stories of their ventures in dimly lit smoke filled dockside taverns. Her brother had become enamored with the pirate lifestyle while she was less enthused. It all seemed so frivolous to her and she often felt empathy for those who suffered ill fates for the sake of her family's fortune. She learned of an elderly woman who was forced to work the docks to pay off a debt incurred by her late husband. A simple fisherman who had refused to surrender a portion of his catch for some fictitious "protection" tax that was demanded of him by some ignorant collection thugs under her mother's employ. The fisherman had dared to draw his knife against them and was hastily put to sword. Reygen found the whole story revolting and had decided to do something about it. Using her father's seal she relinquished one of the family's vaults of some precious gems and silver and snuck to the docks to present it to the elder widow as a reparations gift. The woman profusely thanked her and heeded her advice to take the earliest fare out of the city as soon as the sun broke the horizon on the following morning.

It did not take long for the woman's absence to gain notice nor did it take long to determine the link between her disappearance and the coincidental missing gems from the vault. Reygen was ultimately brought to question and realizing how many lies would have to be told to free her from blame she defiantly confessed and welcomed any punishment. Even immediate family could not be forgiven the breaking of strict mercantile laws and an act of betrayal against house and Lord was as severe as it gets. To the dismay of her mother and brother she was imprisoned without trial and interrogated ruthlessly by guild thugs demanding to know where the elder woman had fled to with the gems. When it seemed imprisonment and the occasional beating wasn't enough, her brother was brought down to plead with her to confess the woman's whereabouts. When she still refused to answer, her brother was forced to watch as her arm was held above an open flame. The flesh seared and smoldered as she screamed in agony. When all was said and done, she cradled her ruined arm on the floor as tears streamed down her cheeks. The guild agent leaned down and demanded one last time through gritted teeth. "For the last time, tell us where she went." Reygen's bottom lip trembled as she held back the words at first until finally she managed to whisper just audible enough for all to hear, "Go to Hell."

************************************************** ******************************

It has been three years since that fateful night. She can still remember the look of shock and horror in her brother's eyes as it happened. Neither of them had expected her treatment to be so cruel at the hands of the guild agents. She still wasn't even sure if that is who they really were. Rumors had been rampant at the time of the Zhentarim spreading influence throughout the economic circles of Luskan. Her brother even thought that one of the gems she had relinquished from the vault and given away had been more than just some mere pretty stone. That is what he told her as he freed her from her prison that same night at least. Raymond Mournel was and always will be a cutthroat and a scoundrel but there was no question he loved his twin sister. Watching her be punished in such a way was enough to conjure forth whatever sliver of morality he still held tucked away in his soul. A friend of his was a competent fence and smuggler whom he trusted with seeing her safely out of the city. She still remembers his embrace and final words to her, "Be well sister." A sigh escapes her at the memory, so long ago. That was the last time she had seen her brother.

"Sister..." the words came from behind her and she nearly jumps out of her boots. Her skin blanches and eyes widen as she spins around to face the speaker. The monk disciple quickly puts a hand up in apology at her startled response. "I am sorry to have startled you Sister Reygen, forgive me."

Reygen lets out the breath that had been caught in her throat with a dramatic release of tension as her shoulders sag and gaze falls to the ground. "No, Brother Tobias, all is well. No apology needed. I was simply deep in thought."

The monk simply nods. "The Revered Mother has asked for your assistance in the temple's infirmary. There are more wounded."

"Of course," she offers in response and quickly falls into step behind him. She had been in the service to the Temple of Ilmater ever since she had recovered from her wounds in one of their beds. A bed in the very infirmary that she made haste to now in fact. The Revered Mother had taken her in and quickly came to admire her strength and perseverance. Considering the amount of suffering and all that she had lost for the sake of protecting someone she barely even knew, a life in service to the Broken God seemed almost too perfect a calling. Despite all the care that was shown her by the temple when she first arrived she still carries the scars from that night three years ago. Most of them can't be seen by eyes alone but the long black sleeve that covers the length of her left arm ensures that the rest can't be seen either.

Last edited by Axiom; 10-29-2019 at 11:17 PM.
Old 10-29-2019, 08:31 AM
Here to help

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13210
Welcome Axiom, I'm honored to be the first game you applied to

Please let me know if you need any assistance! If you don't have any of the source books to work off of you can access the 5e SRD in the top right of your screen by selecting Tools > Resources > 5e SRD
Old 10-29-2019, 10:25 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Mephiska Mephiska
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Emrus Belzilos

Race: Hill dwarf

Class: Clerics (Life domain)

Personality:. He is constantly devour by the fear to be used by stranger and his will to help them. Emrus doesn't speak so much but try to elaborate his though as much as possible. Always trying to be gentle, this behavior is broken when he is exhausted or drunk. He can't avoid to shout when thing goes south. His left cheek keep the mark of the fire at his home temple, his gray hair fulfill the camouflage. He get angry when the wind shows the scar, he doesn't like to talk about this past. He's willing the fight dark force and bad people.

Appearance: He's 121 pound and 4 feet tall, a bit small for a dwarf but for an average size. He have short hair and short beard well cut. The fire at his first temple leave noticeable mark on his face. His hair is gray but an early gray that can be misinterpreted for an older dwarf. Body hair on his arm are replace by burn scar.

Background: Acolyte.

Personality Traits: I’ve spent so long in the temple that I have little
practical experience dealing with people in the outside world. I see omens in every event and action.
The gods try to speak to us, we just need to listen.

Ideal:Change. We must help bring about the changes the gods are constantly working in the world. (Chaotic)

Bond:I will someday get revenge on the corrupt temple hierarchy who branded me a heretic.

Flaw:I am suspicious of strangers and expect the worst of them.

Backstory: Emrus was force to serve the temple as young as he can remember. First born of two spiritual radical, nothing is more gratful in their life to give their child to the temple. Emrus doesn't remember them or any memories. They vows to forget the son. The only thing that can be related to them , he's not sure, it's a leather pendant with a black wooden cross incrusted with dark gray pebbles. The religion he was force to serve help a false king to rule over poor citizen. He heal wound of dishonored knight, prostitute and assassin. One day, there was a rebellion inside the cult, there was a group that wanted to punish all non believers by death at the town hall. The situation creat enourmous mindchanging in Emrus and he opposed to this genocide. We was cast away during the grand mess of spring. The cult separated in two began to argu then fight each other. Civilian broke into the temple, thrown oil everywhere and start a fire. Cover with oil, Emrus tried to saves some innocent people here, he catch on fire then the flame burst onto his beard and hair. Leaving him bold with scar. He flee the massacre as fast as possible. He grab some armor and stuff form the corrupted elder and took the road in the forest. He wish to help people bury their dead in a respectful manner. No matter their religion. He wish to become a traveler and teach his god's way. On his way to the unknown, he make some friends that believe in him and him way to live. They heading to Phandalin, wishing to find a goal in his life.

OOCHi @Retry, it's my first campaign with party and i'm very interresting to play this one. I read a lot about rule and dnd5e. I'm ready to set this up at session zero.

Last edited by Mephiska; 10-29-2019 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Add Picture and OOC
Old 10-29-2019, 10:35 AM
Master of None

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8432
Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenjitsu View Post
@Alatere Yes. We need one more Elf Rogue to start our own Thieves' Guild.
Now that would be awesome. If, by chance, all 3 of us are accepted, I am happy to reflavor my rogue to be a swashbuckler, scout, or even the new UA Revived.
Old 10-29-2019, 02:30 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
Perisso Perisso
Application
Name: Ammos

Race: Tiefling

Class: Sorcerer (Draconic); I have plans for 2 levels in Warlock.

Personality: Most consider him a wild card due to two things:
1. He has a personal code he follows strictly (written down in a small book for more obscure rulings). However, he has no qualms regarding the safety of allies or followers and doesn't care who he hurts so long as the mission gets done.
2. When a major decision needs to be made and/or there are only two options, he flips a coin, and the decision is made based on the outcome (i.e., killing or sparing an NPC or enemy).

This has resulted in unease in his presence. He's known for his sway with people and the ability to deceive, persuade, and intimidate his targets into doing what he says or believing what he claims.

Appearance: Ammos is relatively short (5'4) and has deep-blue skin with a leathery texture. He has small horns sprouting from his forehead and tusks sat either side of his mouth. He is often seen wearing a simple brown overcoat with a hood and a pair of leather boots.

Background: Spy

Personality Traits: I am always calm, no matter the situation. I never raise my voice or let my emotions control me. I always have a plan for what to do when things go wrong.

Ideal: Honor. I don't steal from others in the trade.

Bond: I'm trying to pay off an old debt I owe to a generous benefactor.

Flaw: I have a "tell" that reveals when I'm lying.

Backstory: Ammos was raised by a human father and Tiefling mother who taught him the way of subterfuge and deception. He used this when he infiltrated the courts of nobles, eventually gaining their trust. One particular family, the Ver, would hire him as a personal spy and assassin for enemies of the family.

One night while on a mission, he encountered a small band of cultists who worshipped the unborn Tiamat, and became exposed to the raw draconic magic laden in their rituals. This resulted in him falling unconscious for nearly four days, after which he discovered his powers during another assassination attempt (the previous one had failed due to his 'disappearance').

Since that night, he's further used his Sorcerous power to his advantage and has become notorious in courts of great cities.

Last edited by Perisso; 10-29-2019 at 02:32 PM. Reason: Image link doesn't work.
Old 10-29-2019, 03:45 PM
Here to help

Tools
User Statistics
Going to close apps as I have enough folks to get groups going now

Thank you everyone for interest in the game. I'll be sending out PM's shortly.

For those reading who didn't have the opportunity to apply do not fret as I will likely be taking on more later.
I'll update this post when I am.
Old 10-30-2019, 06:04 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 820
Nai Nai Nai Nai Nai Nai Nai
Hello.. Darn it I missed the app time. Just posting interest if you need a back up character. I'll try to keep an eye on this post! PM if needed.
Old 11-03-2019, 02:35 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 290
Joria Joria Joria
whoops, I'm happy when I read that you're accepting a new member but now that you're closing applications that means I just have to wait for 2nd batch of recruitment ... if there's any.
Old 11-03-2019, 06:02 PM
Very Young Gnome

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 162
GNOME GNOME
Application
right-aligned image
JORNAN THE BARBARIOUS
Race: Variant Human
Class: Barbarian
Personality: Jornan is your stereotypical barbarian: he loves to fight, he loves to drink and he loves the loot. He doesn't treat fighting, arguing or any other kind of conflict as something bad, on the contrary, it's all fun to him.
Appearance: He is very tall and muscular. Jornan doesn't care much about his look and that's why his black hair run wild. Usually wears nothing but a loincloth, sometimes leather bracers and if it's particularly cold, a fur cape.
Background: Outlander (tribal marauder)
Personality Traits: Thinking is for other people. I prefer action.
I watch over my friends as if they were a litter of newborn pups.
Ideal: Nothing and no one can steer me away from my higher calling.
Bond: I want to be famous, whatever it takes.
Flaw: If there's a plan, I'll forget it. If I don't forget it, I'll ignore it.
Backstory: Jornan was born in one of many savage clans of north. He lived like they did, fighting and pillaging, trying to get by in this harsh lands. He always was fascinated by stories of great heroes told by their clan's shaman. His favourite one was of Kornan the Blade Tornado, known for his prowess in battle by using a certain technique of spinning really fast with weapons pointed at the enemy (truly a tactical mastermind). Jornan's simple mind created a connection that since their names were so similar they surely must be related! He left in footsteps of his ancestor, seeking glory on battlefields of south.

Last edited by GNOME; 11-03-2019 at 06:04 PM.
Old 11-05-2019, 06:58 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 290
Joria Joria Joria
Varga Redbeard

Name: Varga Redbeard
Race: Hill dwarf
Class: Monk
Background: Hermit
Personality Traits: I am utterly serene, even in the face of disaster.
Personality: He is always looking for opportunity to better himself, improve his skills, and hopefully reach enlightenment that he seeks.
Ideal: Greater Good. My gifts are meant to be shared with all, not used for my own benefit. (Good)
Bond: I'm still seeking the enlightenment I pursued in my seclusion, and it still eludes me.
Flaw: I harbor dark, bloodthirsty thoughts that my isolation and meditation failed to quell.
Appearance: Varga is seen as the taller end of his people with 154 cm height, even though his name is Redbeard but he doesn't have a long beard like other races like to think about his, instead his jaw is clean and tough as a rock, the only red on his head are his short-trimmed hair. He wears brown clothing and baggy pants that at first looks like it's a bit oversized for himself, not many would notice he chose the pants for its ease of kicking people.
Background: Varga had a normal dwarf life when he was young, living for the clan underground and help his father mine precious ores to trade them with foods and other necessities with the surface dwellers. His life was peaceful before a gang of mountain bandits saw their caravan and decided to make Varga's family their next target. After he saw his father killed before him, something changed inside varga. He was no longer the quiet boy he once was but his anger turned him into a bloodthirsty savage as he proceeded to kill every single bandits.
Someone saw that event took place, a monk from a nearby monastery that happened to buy food supplies for his fellow monk. Zeria was his name and he knew there was a dark entity that reside in Varga's heart. After properly buried Varga's father, Zeria took the boy to his monastery, to care for him and find out about the dark entity inside his heart.

In the monastery Varga learned self control through meditation and martial art, his dark self never make an appearance. Zeria was happy about this though Varga always feared that his dark self would show up again. In order for Varga to reach higher enlightenment, monastery head ordered him to walk the outer world, to channel his power for the greater good.

Last edited by Joria; 11-07-2019 at 01:26 AM. Reason: adding detail for app
Old 05-21-2020, 11:23 AM
Here to help

Tools
User Statistics
Recruiting new blood

Looking for new adventurers!

Reopening this ad to bring in new adventurers! The front-page ad has been updated but I'll also post a copy of the updated ad below.

I welcome newer players and veterans alike to join in this adventurer. It is a fairly simplistic adventure, but that frees us up to forge our own story from it!

Looking for at least 5 people for one group, but might be willing to take on a group and a pair if you have a reliable friend you wish to adventure with.

Going to pick folks around 09:30 EDT on Jun 11,2020

Last edited by Retry; 05-21-2020 at 01:26 PM.
Old 05-21-2020, 12:26 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4778
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Application
right-aligned image

Name: Diesel
Race: Elf Eladrin
Class: Bard (College of Glamour)
Personality: Diesel is a very outgoing elven woman of slender build. Having grown up in the fey realm she has a certain eloquence about her. Around most she simply seems to be much more refined if not a bit cool, or aloof. She focuses her mind on the task at hand and is driven to do her absolute best in everything she does. She is used to getting things her way, by persuading others what she desires is best.
Appearance: Diesel is average height for a female elf with a slender and shapely build. Each part of her body seemingly in perfect unison with the rest. Her hair is a golden blonde and mostly shaved on one side the rest being brushed over the other side. Her lower lip is pierced as well as multiple piercings in both ears.
Background: Courtier
Personality Traits: It's not pompous and boastful if it is true. You approach everything with enthusiasm, even the most mundane chores.
Ideal: Aspiration: I work hard to be the best there is at my profession.
Bond: I owe everything to my mentor-a wonderful person who was taken from this life early.
Flaw: Anything worth doing is worth doing again and again.
Backstory: Diesel grew up in the court of the Feywild her mother a Courtesan her self. Growing up Diesel was always interested in music of all kinds. She could sit and watch or listen to the performers for hours on end. When not tending to her education, she was teaching herself to play the instruments she saw others playing. Music came naturally to Diesel, if she heard it she could often remember and play it back with ease. Her mother taught her many things including how to speak and act around others, to get the most from each conversation.

By the time Diesel reached adulthood, she was a skilled courtier moving through the court with practiced ease. She was smart and quick determining others motivations based upon their actions. Her insight served her well and even though she enjoyed her life at court, she wanted to experience the world beyond. Bidding her mother goodbye she parted ways leaving the Feywild behind her trusty lute and her meager possessions to explore and make a name for herself in Faerun.

Since arriving she had been performing in any inn or tavern that will pay her or offer her room and board in return collecting tips from the customers when she performs. Fortunately she is good at impressing people having grown up in a place where the strangest and most wonderful things are commonplace.
Old 05-21-2020, 03:44 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1290
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
Rontae
left-aligned image

Rontae of Baldur's Gate, urchin
UA Revised Ranger
Ghostwise Halfling (SCAG)

Personality Traits: I never worry about tomorrow but live in the moment. I am always up for a new adventure.
Ideal: People. I help the people who help me-that's what keeps us alive.
Bond: Curiosity is my ruling passion, there is always something new and exciting to be discovered.
Flaw: I use smiles and humor to keep people at a distance.
Goal: Adventure: While he loves Baldur's Gate, it is time to spread his horizons, meet new people, see new things.
Why is he travelling? ?(fill in name) traveled through Baldur's Gate, as all Sword Coast travelers eventually do. He/she seemed exciting so Rontae invited himself along.

Appearance: Small, skinny, pale skin when it shows through the layer of dirt, Rontae seems a typical urchin. He seems a bit more graceful than most, a bit more likely to smile, a bit less obsequious. Although at first typical, after a minute or two you realize the urchin in front of you doesn't think of himself as poor or needy or starving. In fact, he seemed strangely confident. Why?

Personality: Although an urchin, Rontae isn't starving or abused. Instead he has a circle of strangely assorted people in the city who will feed him if he's hungry or let him sleep in a shed or stable if he needs to lie low. It's all about the favors. He does favors for people, not for money, though sometimes they tip, but just to create a balance where others will do favors for him if needed. And, of course, for the pleasure of the game.

Backstory: The son of a local back alley woman of fallen stature, Rontae knew nothing of his father. No name, no profession, only the remains of a battered badge with a Flaming Fist on it and an indecipherable parchment, which he carried strung like a charm around his neck. His mother had gone out at his birth and he had been passed around the other girls like a chartreuse blouse, leaving him with too much knowledge of humanoid nature and no real attachments. So in Baldur's Gate Rontae grew, surefooted in its slums, its back alleys, and its meeting spots where men and women go to be unseen by others.

RP Sample: Rontae sat, in defiance of municipal orders, on the great war catapult Grond on her platform of mounded earth; one of the two great engines which overlook the sloping plains that lead to the East Gate from which attacks on the city always came. Who hold Grond and her sister Guri, the "Bringers of Death," hold Baldur's Gate and therefore the Sword Coast for they are always the first line of defense against any attackers.

There was some cosmic reason in this for it was the watchmen of the Flaming Fist that held the city for the Duke and Rontae, though unknown and unacknowledged, was a son of a watchman. He had pushed off Faziros Velthos, the dragonborn son of the powerful sorcerer, Farmasch. The Empire of the Dragon had been a time of great magics and sorcery, but it had fallen from power long ago. "Let me up," cried Lorben Halfelven, whose family controlled the (legal) trade from the harbor that brought the city wealth, but Rontae would not let him climb the lever arm. Instead he hopped up and down in triumph, hooting a rude remark at one of the Fist posted at the gate, but they just smiled.

All the men of the Fist knew Rontae of old, he was practically a watchman himself, though not paid or on the rolls, and often invited himself along in an unofficial capacity when things looked interesting. All the herbalists, the sweetmeat sellers, and the ladies of negotiable virtue knew Rontae too, for this was Baldur's Gate, slumming in majesty amid the adventurers and the cutthroats of the Sword Coast.

Last edited by penbeast0; 05-27-2020 at 06:05 PM.
Old 05-21-2020, 04:40 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1232
Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar
Hunald Froststone
left-aligned image

Name: Hunald Froststone
Class: Barbarian
Race: Mountain Dwarf

Appearance: Deep blue eyes peer out past scraggly, rust coloured hair. There is a beard mixed in somewhere behind the curls as well, but with so many knots and rat's nests, it would probably be easier to just shave everything, than try to comb or separate one from the other at this point. Hunald has a complexion similar to mud, which could confuse those that come across him. Is that really his skin? Or does he just really need to bathe? (A yes to both points)

-X-X-X-X-
Custom Acolyte
Trait #1 I see omens in every action. The Gods try to speak...we just need to listen.
Trait #2 I judge people by their actions, not their words.
Ideal I am a free spirit. Nobody tells me what to do.
Bond Nobody should get preferential treatment from the law, as nobody is above the law.
Flaw I harbor dark, bloodthirsty thoughts, that isolation and meditation have failed to quell.

Backstory Hunald was raised in the small city of Settlestone, with stories of the many Gods ringing through his brain on a daily basis. Every action, every desire, every result, he was taught, had been directed in some way by one those above. He yearned to see for himself, those who held such superiority over their dominions; and as he grew older, and stronger, so to did this yearning for some kind of divine interaction. He reasoned, as he had been taught to, that if you desired something badly enough, then it must have been foretold. Many suspected such a pious young man to be destined for the clergy, and indeed many Clerics of every stripe had come to personally investigate this young dwarf's potential. However, none who met him, or spent time in his presence, would stake a claim to his soul. This constant spurning by those who held (at least the outward appearance of) contact with those of whom he so desperately wanted a relationship with. Grew a black spot within him, a dark anger of rejection that grew every day that his desired interaction did not come. Eventually, the Clerics stopped coming to see him, and Hunald decided that it was up to him to search out the Deities directly himself. That relying on intermediaries might have been foolhardy. The Gods would only appear to those they felt strong enough to be of service, those they felt were worthy of their gifts, and their friendship. He found that he could tap into the anger he had nurtured over the years; drawing an immense strength from it to help aide him in martial combat. And this revelation made the young dwarf proud, they made him feel as though the many years of pain had at least held some positive purpose of impact within him. This might be the very gift that would make him worthy enough to be noticed.

Note about Hometown: I'm not overly familiar with the FR setting, so if the hometown I chose doesn't make sense I'm perfectly fine with him being from pretty much anywhere.
Why are they traveling? Hunald travels due to a wanderlust. How can he commune with the Gods, if he doesn't act to seek them out in the world?
What is their over-arching goal? Hunald is torn between two masters, He has desired from childhood to find the Gods, and to have them active in his own life. At the same time, his constant rejection has opened his eyes to the possibility this might never happen. And if this is the case, he wants to be able to find a wonderful place to grow old, to settle down and enjoy his life, once his adventuring days are behind him.

Last edited by Alemar; 05-25-2020 at 11:10 PM.