RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 04-05-2020, 01:15 AM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5378
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
The Ties That Bind

Game NameThe Ties That Bind
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeParty Driven Adventures
FlavourVaries
Plot Summary
ConceptThis will be run completely different from your typical RPGCrossing See 'Application Process' belowapplication. Here, parties of friends will set up their own goals, backstories, and such on their own and tell the Me! Numen Wraith, though I may eventually recruit Co-DMs, if anyone is interested.DM what they want out of the adventure. I'll take the information provided and twist it just enough to make it a story Hopefully?worth playing.

The point is to give people a chance to play with a self-selected group of dependable players that won't disappear a week after character creation or cause spats that collapse the game in the middle of the first combat.

If you're more interested in DMing, please message me.

Application Process
  1. Recruiting
    • Find 3-6 friends. Your choice!
      • Hopefully you know some people on the site and have people you've wanted to have a game with. PM them and get them involved.
      • If not, don't worry. Recruit in here!
      • Make all of your posts private to that group and myself so others don't have to pick through the thread to find their friends' posts.
      • After the game is set up, I may switch things to get people their own private threads in game folders.
  2. Building
    • Decide on a goal.
      • Big Bads are good.
      • McGuffins are great.
      • Political intrigue is But not my forte as a DM. Sorry.amazing.
        • Try to keep the goal "one-shot" oriented in scope and scale.
          • We may eventually exceed that, but it's a good start
    • Create a joint backstory.
      • Please use the Forgotten Realms or Critical Role settings.
      • More for you than me, but I'll pick over the bones.
      • How'd y'all meet?
      • What binds you together?
      • Has there been any strife between you?
      • Which Or Prince!princess did you save?
      • What taverns are you 86'd from?
    • Decide your character level.
      • Rememeber your party goal and backstory while thinking of this.
      • I'm comfortable from 1-20, but 3-7 is my sweet spot with most classes.
      • Multiclassing considerably lowers my comfort level, but I can go with it to a reasonable degree.
    • Decide your party Or unbalance!balance.
      • Classes
        • You can be 6 rogues if you want.
        • You can be a Cleric, Wizard, Fighter, Rogue party. I don't care!
      • Roles
        • Think about combat and non-combat roles.
        • This is a good opportunity to come in with a set "face," "leader," etc.
        • Also a good time to decide who checks for traps, who leads the way through the woods
        • Is your bard your DPS, your wizard your tank, your ranger your control-freak?
          • None of this has to be nailed down or constant, but you should probably discuss it.
      • I will I said "try"try to customise the campaign to your party makeup.
    • Make ALL your character sheets.
      • I'm not going to pick through them with a fine tooth comb, but try to be honest with yourselves and others about what you want.
      • If I see everyone carrying a Holy Avenger while wearing Power Armour, I know you want to fight your way through all Nine Hells.
      • If you need a thread to roll stats, look here.
      • Check each other's work, please.
        • Please include sources for any mechanics outside of PHB.
  3. Message
    • Create one concise post with all the above information.
      • Please include sources for any mechanics outside of PHB.
    • Send me a message with a link to the post.
  4. Play
    • If I'm not already running too many games, I'll try to get you up and running as quickly as possible.

I will happily talk to anyone interested in helping DM a group.

Last edited by Numen Wraith; 04-05-2020 at 08:30 PM.
Old 04-05-2020, 06:26 PM
Dim Henchmen of Pang!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12964
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
I'm talking with at least one other person... How do you feel about Eberron, as a setting?
Old 04-05-2020, 07:06 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unko Talok View Post
I'm talking with at least one other person... How do you feel about Eberron, as a setting?
Eberron mechanics are fine, but please use Forgotten Realms for world building/background.

Edit:

Critical Role Worlds (Tal'Dorei or Wildemount) are also acceptable.

It's mostly about my knowledge and comfort with running a campaign in a world.

Last edited by Numen Wraith; 04-05-2020 at 08:25 PM.
Old 04-05-2020, 08:22 PM
Dim Henchmen of Pang!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12964
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
We both failed and didn't read that correctly. Sorry to waste your time, haha. This really does seem like a great idea for how to run a game! I wish you luck.
Old 04-05-2020, 08:53 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unko Talok View Post
We both failed and didn't read that correctly. Sorry to waste your time, haha. This really does seem like a great idea for how to run a game! I wish you luck.
I appreciate the bump.
Old 04-06-2020, 12:09 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3591
Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik Kshnik
Interested
Old 04-06-2020, 12:23 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 832
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Still working out some of the details, but two of us had an idea that we were going to use for a different game, but didn't make the cut. I was going to be a Yuan-ti Pureblood Pirate Captain (Divine Sorcerer, dip of Death Cleric) for a literally cold-blooded pirate, and his first mate, a Tabaxi swashbuckler. Possibly starting at 6th level. The idea was that we were Privateers wherever possible. Why just rob people when you can be PAID to rob people!? though obviously going through a bit of a dry patch if there's no wars to make money off, and just looking for a big score/payday.
Old 04-06-2020, 03:21 AM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by triedtherest View Post
Still working out some of the details, but two of us had an idea that we were going to use for a different game, but didn't make the cut. I was going to be a Yuan-ti Pureblood Pirate Captain (Divine Sorcerer, dip of Death Cleric) for a literally cold-blooded pirate, and his first mate, a Tabaxi swashbuckler. Possibly starting at 6th level. The idea was that we were Privateers wherever possible. Why just rob people when you can be PAID to rob people!? though obviously going through a bit of a dry patch if there's no wars to make money off, and just looking for a big score/payday.
I like it. Hope y’all get it rounded out.
Old 04-06-2020, 04:18 AM
Adult Dragon Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2193
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift
definite interest
Old 04-06-2020, 05:37 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 384
Delafontaine Delafontaine Delafontaine Delafontaine
New player here and interested in a long-term / sandbox campaign. Working from home (even before the curfew), so commitment to frequent posting is not an issue. Unfortunately couldn't find IRL friends to convert to PbP.

Wouldn't mind being adopted by an existing group, or forming a new one. Perhaps with Kshnik and Jasontheswift?
Old 04-06-2020, 07:15 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 832
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
@Delafontaine - Do you want in with the Pirate-y campaign? I need at least one other player.
@Numen Wraith - We were thinking we were performing trading runs out of Waterdeep to make ends meet.
Old 04-06-2020, 07:30 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 384
Delafontaine Delafontaine Delafontaine Delafontaine
Quote:
Originally Posted by triedtherest View Post
@Delafontaine - Do you want in with the Pirate-y campaign? I need at least one other player.
Sure, sounds fun! I mean... Yarr, that be sounding amusing!
Old 04-06-2020, 09:17 AM
More or Less Gorm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4027
Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga Niyaga
I’m interested as well Numen Wraith. I like the concept and plan to
a) contact some fellows with a couple of concepts and,
b) express interest in CO-DMing or just helping with material, ideas, maps or anything else you might like

One game I’ve always wanted to do is a Rogues Lore game involving big bads that can’t be beaten instead requiring stealth, trickery and puzzles to succeed. 3D rooftop battling, in through the window action. 5e lends itself well to stealthy builds across classes so the party needn’t all be Rogues. That’s my wish list game
Old 04-06-2020, 09:34 AM
Queen of Silly Ideas

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 633
ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco
You know, I really like the idea of this game, only I don't know who to involve in this... :/
I'll ask around.

Recently I've been playing a half-drow, ex-slave mercenary swordswoman and sorceress in a live campaign. I'd just reached a critical point in character development when the campaign crashed leaving me with the serious need to play her more...

@Niyaga: your concept sounds like something my character would work with. She's pretty stealthy.

Last edited by ElCosoLoco; 04-06-2020 at 09:36 AM.
Old 04-06-2020, 11:10 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 104
Zangul Zangul
Looks like arrrrr group is getting bigger.