RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 04-07-2020, 01:29 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5378
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
My initial intent was three or four. I also already got a fellow DM involved. At this point, I'm going to accept two more and then feel it out.
Old 04-08-2020, 11:25 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1605
KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc
HI every one

You seem to be a bunch of great RPlayer ... And I love to be IN one (or more) game with you guys.

Anything type of game suite me and I can complete any group with what is need for character ... anyway .. I always have fun with any character ( and I think I give some fun to other too )

I got a flash ... and if I may throw some Idea here of a game I try to start some month ago .. .tell me what you thinking of it ... I can co DM it or help coDM with anyone too

- Old Pal Luc-
Old 04-08-2020, 12:51 PM
Wreathed in Flame

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4558
MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numen Wraith View Post
My initial intent was three or four. I also already got a fellow DM involved. At this point, I'm going to accept two more and then feel it out.
I am getting in touch with some good players from past games I've been in. We'll see if we can come up with a group and an idea for an adventure to pitch to you before all the slots fill up.
Old 04-08-2020, 02:06 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 551
DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII
@Triedtherest, might ye be interested in a goliath from the far north ta join yer crew? I've got plenty o' experience crewin' a longship and fightin' as a raider... how different can it be? I'd gladly pledge me axe and join the crew, in exchange fer a fair share o' the profits, o' course!
Old 04-08-2020, 02:11 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 832
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
It's share an' share alike on my ship m'boy! Come aboard.
Old 04-08-2020, 03:19 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 551
DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII
Thank ye, Cap'n! Ye won't regret it!
Old 04-08-2020, 03:42 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by triedtherest View Post
It's share an' share alike on my ship m'boy! Come aboard.
Are you quoting Stardust?
Old 04-08-2020, 04:14 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Numen Wraith View Post
Are you quoting Stardust?
Yes! I was worried that nobody would get the reference!

Also, can we add DurinVII to the crew?

Last edited by triedtherest; 04-08-2020 at 04:22 PM.
Old 04-08-2020, 05:11 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by triedtherest View Post
Yes! I was worried that nobody would get the reference!

Also, can we add DurinVII to the crew?
Done.
Old 04-08-2020, 10:56 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1605
KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc KhamLuc
Is there a place with the Roguish group ... I like to play with the player and like the concept ?

else... i'm available to jump-in with a third group and be back with a concept asap or maybe with the undead city teleportation trap door thing could be cool too

Last edited by KhamLuc; 04-08-2020 at 10:57 PM.
Old 04-09-2020, 01:19 AM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
I think the rogue group is filled up. A third group was talking of forming if you check with them.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:25 AM
Queen of Silly Ideas

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 633
ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco ElCosoLoco
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhamLuc View Post
Is there a place with the Roguish group ... I like to play with the player and like the concept ?

else... i'm available to jump-in with a third group and be back with a concept asap or maybe with the undead city teleportation trap door thing could be cool too
So far, there's only two of us confirmed in the undead game.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:37 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2666
ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky ManicMonky
To be fair, it doesn't HAVE to be undead either. It can be any enemy territory and the scenario would still work out.
Old 04-09-2020, 10:14 AM
Wreathed in Flame

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4558
MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast MemoryBeast
We have four people (me, Berith, DaysUntold, and UngainlyFool, with perhaps one or two more to come) interested in an all-wizards game, with the following pitch:

Twenty years ago, the characters were all the apprentices of a powerful Red Wizard of Thay - one who sided against Szass Tam and his faction in a power struggle within Thay. (This could be a canon event, or you could tweak or adjust the timeline in whatever way suited you). On the eve of their initiation as Red Wizards, their master's tower was assaulted by wizardly assassins loyal to Tam, and they were forced to flee (or, possibly, they were teleported to safety by their master). Since then, they've scattered west across Faerun, each pursuing their own careers as wizards. Some may have joined a faction, some might have settled in a city and gone into "private practice," some might have pursued adventuring careers. They've only very rarely kept in contact with each other, and have avoided having anything to do with Thay or the Red Wizards - they're pretty sure that the Red Wizards either believe them dead or have no interest in pursuing them, but they can't be sure and don't want to take the risk.

(As an optional element: it could be that their master had some magical secret or item that he didn't want Szass Tam to know, and he deliberately hid it by entrusting a portion of it to each apprentice before they scattered. If you want to do a MacGuffin like that, then the apprentices have a good reason they've stayed scattered, and a good reason to fear what would happen if the Red Wizards learned about them. We could take or leave this part.)

Now, though, one of the apprentices (the only NPC member of the original group) has reached out to the others, saying that it's of the utmost importance that they meet again and begging them to come. Despite the risk and the mysterious circumstances, the rest of the group assembles... but the one who summoned them isn't there. Why did she summon them? What happened to her? Is all of this connected to their past, or is this some new threat? The old classmates must solve the mystery.

Obviously, we'd be hoping to play slightly higher-level characters here - maybe 7th level or up? They were apprentices twenty years ago when all of this began, so by now, they've had wizarding careers of various kinds and have advanced considerably in power. Niche protection is not a huge priority - they might have different school specializations and the like, but the characters would mostly be differentiated by personality and backstory. Specific backstory elements - why was their master in conflict with Szass Tam, why did their old colleague contact them, etc. - would be at the DM's discretion to make up or elaborate.

If that sound agreeable, we'll begin working on character concepts. Thanks for considering!

EDIT: Thread discussing the game here.

Last edited by MemoryBeast; 04-11-2020 at 06:45 PM.
Old 04-09-2020, 10:20 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
@MemoryBeast - Is the roster for this game full? I'd like to throw my hat into the ring if not. Which Schools is everyone else taking?