RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 05-07-2020, 08:11 AM
Killing PC's Since 2005

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 28166
Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig
@Hyregoth and @Saraquai: please add training to your app when you can. Thank you.
@Everyone: New info in the top posts by me.
Old 05-07-2020, 08:29 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2181
Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digorig View Post
@Hyregoth and @Saraquai: please add training to your app when you can. Thank you.
@Everyone: New info in the top posts by me.
Perhaps take the first 5 or so and fill in the rest with 'red shirts' and as new poeple join, replace them.
Old 05-07-2020, 08:34 AM
Killing PC's Since 2005

Tools
User Statistics
Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyregoth View Post
Perhaps take the first 5 or so and fill in the rest with 'red shirts' and as new poeple join, replace them.
Great idea, but I think we need all 10 as PCs to start. A lot of the game will be based on their dynamics and skills. This is not one I want to NPC people for at all.

Thank you.
Old 05-07-2020, 09:13 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13513
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Question: How many "schools" of Training are we allowed to choose?
Old 05-07-2020, 09:32 AM
Killing PC's Since 2005

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
Question: How many "schools" of Training are we allowed to choose?
Each PC should have ONE, however a second for flavor is fine. Thanks.
Old 05-07-2020, 02:30 PM
The hidden treasure

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20271
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
WB dig! hmm this looks interesting. Ive watched most of the episodes of the 100 and easily saw the resemblance

So lets toss my name in the hat... hows this?

Application
left-aligned image
Name: Reiki Takahashi

Race: Human

Class: First Asian Commonwealth

Training: Not sure how classes / character creation will go.. but the idea here is the class "Field Medic" or Doctor/Surgeon typeMedical

Crime: Insubordination leading to the death of a fellow classmate.
Reiki is the eldest child of the Takahasi family. At the young age of 5, Reiki worked as a medical assistant under her who happens to be the Surgeon General of the FACmother Hitomi.

Having trained over 12 years working alongside her mother, Reiki is no stranger to medical situations. She not only developed the best medical and surgical skills which could be used out in the field, but also formed an EGO of "she knew/was the best".

Well at lease that EGO is no more now, for it lasted until the incident where she learned the error of her ways when it costed a life by disobeyed her mothers order to not treat her friend.

But of course, Reiki thought she knew better and administered the proper treatment which did carry some risk. However, she knew best at that this minor risk was worth taking. Well it turned out to be the worst outcome imaginable, death.

Because of this, her mother wanted to teach her daughter a lesson. Due to the insubordination leading to the death of her fellow classmate, she was imprisoned at 17 and set to release on her 18th birthday, when she could then expunge her adolescent record and continue back on her medical path. However, a odd turn of current events means she may not have the chance as she would be sent to earth, a place she doesn't know much about...Luckily for her, the year she spent in prison had taught her the some of the other girls saw her as "mommies" privileged girl and often expressed it physicallyusefulness of martial arts and ways she can defend herself.

Last edited by kaylara; 05-07-2020 at 02:33 PM.
Old 05-07-2020, 06:35 PM
Killing PC's Since 2005

Tools
User Statistics
So that is 5, half way. I am not in a hurry - I am moving next week. Also, it's nice to not have duplicates for training. I am not saying you can't, but diversity = survival.
Old 05-08-2020, 07:46 PM
A bird,a plan-Nalpadriba!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1466
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Application
right-aligned image

Name: Mozg

Class: Russia

Training: Agriculture

Crime: Hooliganism

Mozg began as the messenger. The gang's foolproof delivery system for getting contraband past the guards. Cigarettes mostly, but anything else that had a price and could be reasonably hidden on the body of an emaciated 8-year-old. To protect him, and to claim their delivery system, the gang etched on his body with the plain ink of the prison tattoos. Claims that remained even after the gang had been destroyed by rival factions who had just enough influence with the militsia to thrive. By 12, Mozg had largely broken free of the criminal groups, finding his own "roof" by running errands and doing chores for a group of agronomists who lived and worked on the far side of the colony in relative isolation. It wasn't much to brag about, but the raspberries were fresh and the doktors had a collection of digital recordings that went all the way back to the earth years. Tsoi, Guf and other legendary corny stuff that they listened to around glasses of samogon and fermented cucumber juice. It was a boring life, true, but it was a living. And a living that Mozg very well could have continued if he wasn't picked up by the patrols during an ordinary run into the administrative GUKP office. He looked guilty. The patrols needed to find someone to blame for the smashed transmission center. Mozg fit the bill.

Last edited by bananabadger; 05-09-2020 at 10:07 PM.
Old 05-11-2020, 05:57 AM
The hidden treasure

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20271
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Nice, only 4 more to go!
Old 05-11-2020, 08:22 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 782
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
I have never played d20 Modern either, have played d&d extensively though. I have a couple of ideas for a character if you are willing to take on another d20 Modern noob.

If you are, then:
Connor Temple - Sentence: Death by Hanging
left-aligned image

Name: Conner Temple
Class: British Empire
Training: Academic/Celebrity
Crime: Treason - Unauthorised dispersal of classified material

Connor was the star and title character of "Science Boy" one of the only Original Audio/Visual Programmes on the Station, most of the rest being pre-war recordings. He had been something of a child prodigy, and this had granted him a degree of fame early in life. So when the idea to produce an entertainment/education show to inspire the young generation was floated, Connors name was floated almost instantly. Despite it's name, Science was not the only thing on the schedule. History and literary works were also talked about.
One day, while poring through the Archives, looking for a subject for the next days show, Connor found a sealed file in the system. Connor broke through it's protection without even thinking about it, and within he found a shocking secret!
It was the findings of the Decompression Incident some 12 years previous. It turned out that the incident, which had caused the death of almost 2 dozen people was down to the negligence of one of the Senior British Council Members, who already had some particularly shady rumours around him.
He knew that if he took it to the authorities, then it (and potentially he) would never be seen again. So he did something he knew that he would regret. He streamed it. Live. On his show!
When the authorities tried to pull the plug, they realised that they had been locked out of the system. Worse still, their screens were filled with a giant hand holding two fingers at them, and not in a "peace" or even "victory" way!
The last thing Connors viewers saw on the stream was the British Security Forces finally breaking through the sealed door and shooting out the camera!
Connor was tried for Treason in a closed court, to which he entered a plea of No Contest, despite it not normally being a legally permitted plea, it was accepted. The Sentence, Death by Hanging!
Now Connor waits in a solitary cell, waiting for the hangmans noose. But it in the end, he was wrong. He does not regret a bloody thing!

Last edited by triedtherest; 05-12-2020 at 07:54 AM.
Old 05-12-2020, 09:37 PM
Chaos Elf Fun

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1461
Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla Sarsprilla
Name: Rowan Bolt
Class: Australia ( Class bonus: +1 WIS, +1 CON)
Training: Creative
Crime: Snuck into the museum of Pre-Earth gadgets and mementos and opened the cases to a couple taxidermy animals, most notably, a kangaroo and koala. She wanted to feel what their fur felt like because real fur was so rare on the spacehub and it was therefore unthinkable that a commoner girl would be allowed to do so.

Last edited by Sarsprilla; 05-16-2020 at 12:32 AM.
Old 05-13-2020, 09:24 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1348
RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild RacesWild
Name: Maximilian Stanton
Class: Imperial British Kingdom
Training: Guard/Security
Crime: Fighting. It is what he does, and he sees himself as a combatant, just like the rest of the place is an arena.

Personality: He sees the entire human race as a rat parade. The entire populace one shuffling line to press that button to get your pellet. Not Max. He views himself as a person who is going to change things, and he will start once he gets out of Juvie.

Description:

Last edited by RacesWild; 05-13-2020 at 12:02 PM.
Old 05-13-2020, 09:48 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 150
HalcyonRhys HalcyonRhys
I have only had a small amount of experience playing the D20 modern RPG, but I have years (literally) of playing/GMing AD&D and Shadowrun games; mostly in person, but I thought I would give this a try. I hereby offer my character.

NAME: Arturo Sandoval
RACE: Human
CLASS: Confederate Hispanic Nations (+2 CHA)
TRAINING: Smart (Criminal)

CRIME: Sedition/Criminal Mischief

PERSONALITY: "Artie" Sandoval has always found himself at odds with the system. He is stand-offish and deliberate.

DESCRIPTION: Though good at repairing things, he's never been one to follow orders; doing his own things, for his own reason most of the time. His criminal behavior started at a young age, though was typically harmless pranks and small acts of vandalism brought on by boredom with the dogma of classroom learning. This activity went mostly unnoticed until recently when he was caught in the act of setting off several stink bombs in heavily poulated areas (frequented by the wealthier citizens) and spray painting propaganda against the ruling class and security forces.
Old 05-14-2020, 12:09 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2181
Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth Hyregoth
Woot. Looks like a solid 10.
Old 05-14-2020, 01:49 PM
Killing PC's Since 2005

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyregoth View Post
Woot. Looks like a solid 10.
Applications are still open. I am still preparing and also moving very soon. As stated in the OP, if we have over 10 we will do some random dice to select players.