RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 04-26-2020, 02:57 AM
Man of Many Faces

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1285
The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star
The Pyramid

Welcome to The Pyramid
Game NameThe Pyramid
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeDark, PVE, Emphasis on Fighting, Simple Plot, Entertaining, High Fantasy
FlavourExecutioners for the Great Pyramid
Plot Summary
DEADLINE: MAY 17, 2020

right-aligned image

left-aligned image

Welcome, you, chosen ones have been touched by the gods, been given great powers, you, stand above the rest, your names are legends where you come from and because of that my lords have chosen you to complete a most impossible mission.

Inside of this here pyramid is a prison holding some of the world's most dangerous, powerful and evil beings that were ever created. To keep these beings from constantly trying to break out of their cells, we have created each room to suit where they came from. But those cells also allow them to be killed, permanently, and with each death we can capture and imprison another.

If they were ever to get out, they would destroy your worlds and would wipe out existence as we know it. So we hold them here, in order to protect life, but, we have a problem, our prison continues to grow, and we need to empty some cells.

In order to carry this out, we had executioners that would go into these rooms and kill these creatures. But unfortunately, after many days of service, they were themselves killed and our lords began to search for new executioners.

We have searched through many realms in order to find those that are potentially strong enough to kill these things.

What we offer in return for your services is the opportunity to gain powers beyond your normal capabilities. Every one of these things that you defeat will allow you to tap into more powerful magic, abilities and divine gifts. But if you were to fall in one of these cells, well then you are unfortunately gone forever.

We hope that you will accept this offer from us and the doors to the pyramid will open as soon as you have all accepted. Will you, brave warriors, answer the call to be our glorious new executioners?

Welcome to the Pyramid
right-aligned image
Hello everyone! The Dark Star here looking to have some fun! I would like to offer you guys an opportunity to play characters that you had always wanted to and to go up against tough opponents and test to see how far you could go with them.

I wanted to have this game made so that you guys can have some fun for a time with a high level character. And the opportunity to delve into prestige classes, to test your skills and teamwork.

You will be level 20 characters, multi-classing allowed, so come up with some interesting concepts. If you ever wanted to give a strange character a try, go for it.

I am allowing all published books to design your characters. As well as UA in a case by case bases, the only one that I am not considering is the mystic class. If you want to request any of the other ones, let me know and send a link to it if you want to go that route. Also for magic users, the only spell that I am banning in this game is WISH. Everything else is good!

Just to be clear, these battles are made to be tough, and the environments will not always be neutral and would favour who you are fighting and your character, or team might not make it out alive. And when they are dead, unfortunately they are gone forever in this game. I have characters created in order to aid in giving information to your characters that might aid you in your fight. Those will be determined by one designated player on your team that would speak to them, and depending on how you roll, will determine how good, or how much information you will get.

Also, when you die in this game, you are also out of the game, this is so that I can allow other people into the game and give them a chance at it. You can re-apply, with a new character and then when the time comes, you will get another chance. I hope that is ok with you all, and I hope that you understand that I am just trying to let as many people as I can have a go at this if they want to.

Now the rewards for playing is that you will be able to delve into the world of prestige classes, something that always interested me! I am also granting access to rare items and a chance to take on some interesting and evil creatures and characters. That I hope is fun, tough, and most importantly, entertaining for you guys.

Right now I am aiming to pick 2 groups of 5 to partake in this little campaign. I may raise it to 2 groups of 6 if there are enough applications.

Application InformationFor your character application, I would like to know these things:

Name: Simple enough, it's what I'll be putting on your grave stones, I mean what I will call you by in game.
Race: Have some fun!
Class: Class and subclass! Multi-classing allowed, just make sure you meet requirements.
Background: Mechanical
Description with picture:
Personality Information: Mechanical, that goes with background

What made you a legend in your world?

What rare items would you be interested in having?
What is your posting rate?
Are you ready to have some fun!

Additional Info:So I have been asked about the prestige classes and since there was only one posted under the UA I have made the decision that we will be using Homebrewed versions. Place the name in with your application and a link to the class.

Here are some examples:

The Lich
The Fey Warrior
The Wyrmling

Last edited by The Dark Star; 05-14-2020 at 11:11 AM.
Old 04-26-2020, 06:52 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 832
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Name: Baal
Race: Yuan-ti Pureblood
Class: Cleric (Tempest Domain)
Background: Haunted One
Description with picture: Blank of expression, like many Yuan-ti, but his eyes contain a cold fury that seems to burn with the force of a frozen sun. Typically covering himself in the garb of a well-dressed desert nomad, leaving only his unsealed face uncovered, so as to fool anyone not of his race, until it is too late. His skin, when it is uncovered, shines with black scales, that writhe and undulate like the sides of a giant adder.

Personality Trait: I expect danger around every corner.
Bond: I keep my thoughts in my journal. The journal also records my dreams.
Ideal: I'm a monster that destroys other monsters, and anything else that gets in my way.
Flaw: I talk to spirits that nobody else can see.

What made you a legend in your world?: The Yuan-ti Empire was in the distant past. "Heroes" of the current Era had killed off all our leaders, and assorted holy orders had issued a Crusade to wipe the rest of us out. They came close to doing so....
Then came Baal! A resident of one of our remaining mountain villages, the image of Set came to him in the middle of a storm. Set commanded that Baal take command of the storm and bring it's Wrath down on the band of crusader that were at that time, making their way towards his village, with only one thing on their minds. Genocide!
Doing as he was bid, he utterly destroyed this band and saved his village. But this wasn'tenough for either Set or Baal!
Baal got his people together, and they struck out to join forces with the remaining Yuan-ti in their world.
Within a decade, they had thrown back, enslaved or killed the crusaders, and taken back much of their former land. Baal had personally thrown down one of the Great Scarlet Necromancers of the Southlands, that had taken over one the Yuan-ti Ziggurat-Cities, in single combat.
Since then, he has re-built the Priesthood of Set, and served as the Chief Advisor to the new Yuan-ti Emperor.
What rare items would you be interested in having?: Staff of Thunder and Lightning
What is your posting rate?: 4-5/Week
Are you ready to have fun?: *locks and loads* Awww Yeaaah!

Last edited by triedtherest; 04-30-2020 at 10:05 AM.
Old 04-26-2020, 06:53 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1211
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
Place holding.
Old 04-26-2020, 10:12 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1426
DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles DialPforPickles
WIP

Name: Arguush the Talon
Race: Half-Orc
Class: Ranger/Warlock
Description: Arguush's appearance is a nightmarish caricature of half-orc features--almost as if he were the manifestation of all the horror stories civilized folk tell unruly children to make them behave. Pronounced canines, thick yellowed tusks jutting from his mandibles, leather-tough skin, and covered in all manner of trophies of things he's killed. He does not mind the staring when he comes into town, at least, not as much as he used to. He accepts kindness when he can get it, but is prepared for anything else. When you look the way he does, and hunts the things that he does, you can never afford to let your guard down.

Back Story: Arguush was born to a clan of orcs well-known in certain circles for practicing a very particular kind of dark magic--grafting bloodlines of other monstrous creatures into their children in order to make them more fearsome in battle. Arguush's parents, both shunned for having elvish blood and secretly practicing druidcraft, volunteered their son for this ritual in the hopes of giving him a warrior's place in the clan and restoring their own honor. While the grafting was successful (his skin became as hard as dragon scales and his nails as tough as bronze), it also awoke something else in his bloodline, something less predictable, something that called out to the Fae realms of his distant ancestors.

And, as he grew older, something that answered back.

No longer able to abide by the iron yoke of his clan, he left in search of greener pastures and found that he had a talent for hunting down dangerous creatures.

Personality: People don’t call him “the Talon” for nothing. A lifetime of hunting down things that go “bump” in the night has sharpened nearly all of Arguush’s being to a razor’s edge. His eyes, his wits, even his sense of humor have been honed in order to accomplish the greatest effect with the least amount of effort. Many’s the time when he was able to land a finishing blow on an opponent who couldn’t stop themselves from monologuing when they thought they had the upper hand.

His upbringing, appearance, and vocation notwithstanding, perhaps what people find the most unnerving about him is his unfailingly calm demeanor. His movements are effortlessly graceful, his voice is steady and measured, and his conversation is civil, even polite by most standards. Very few people have ever asked him why he takes such care in this matter, and they all receive the same enigmatic response: “Does a blade’s beauty lend it sharpness, or is it beautiful because it is sharp?”

He/Him

Last edited by DialPforPickles; 04-28-2020 at 10:54 PM. Reason: getting the bones in place
Old 04-26-2020, 10:24 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9972
Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Horbis Wilwick Frasp Clockmort
Race: Forest Gnome
Class: Wizard (Divination) 19 / Fighter 1

Background: Hermit

Appearance: Old now, old to the point that even elves acknowledge his experience and wisdom, albeit grudgingly. What remains of Horbis' hair is wispy and white, haphazardly pushed back out of his eyes. His body may look wizened, but he is still wiry and tough...like a piece of dried fruit left far too long in the cupboard. Much of his visible skin is marked with tattoos, long faded and distorted by age. Those tattoos, while written in Dwarven runes, are in a language entirely of the wizard's creation. They commemorate events and people, and also mark signs, warnings, and benedictions for any who could decipher them. Horbis' blue eyes are still perfectly clear and alive, glittering with activity, wit, and humor.

Personality: More than three centuries of isolation have driven the old wizard deep inward. He has gone so long without meaningful contact that he can be oblivious to even the existence of others, let alone their needs. Horbis exists in a universe of signs, patterns, and portents, and those consume the vast majority of his mental and spiritual energy. To the ignorant, he comes off as distracted and unwelcoming, but those who spend the time to dig beneath the outer layers see a powerful guardian whose thoughts and actions are focused resolutely outward - even to increasingly distant planes of existence.

What made him a legend in the world? The skalds call it "The Purging of the Steading," a story told still, though the events happened more than three centuries ago. Raackma's Irregulars, the legendary mercenary company, was hired by a league of human towns to eliminate a clan of hill giants who had taken up in an abandoned citadel. There, they had laid waste to the surrounding area and had been bringing in tribute and slaves from settlements many miles away, something unheard of in such dim-witted brutes. The gnomish diviner Horbis, Third Wizard of the Irregulars, read the signs and determined that far cannier giantfolk - storm giants - were pulling the strings from afar, and that their purpose was evil in the extreme.

Colonel Raackma, acknowledged by his foes as one of the land's premier strategists, set two of his battalions to besiege the steading and interdict their tribute caravans. Meanwhile, the Colonel himself prepared and led a small strike team to a passage deep beneath the steading. Though approaching old age, Raackma was still quick and spry, and his blade, Whippoorwill, still sliced through his foes like so much wheat before the scythe. He chose his team wisely. There was Chutakki the lizard-kin, a practitioner of the open-hand disciplines, who fought cloaked in shadow. The towering Begon Ugo, orc-blooded, wielded a halberd with a haft like a tree trunk. He could shrug off blows that would shatter a mountain. Ulster the dwarven priest, whose healing magic could sustain an entire army while his dire wolf, Graznul, could devour enemies in one gulp. Last, Colonel Raackma brought the gnome who had uncovered the fell plot, trusting in his magics to alter fate and ensure victory.

The five delved deep below the surface of the earth, and fought their way past cave fishers, giant lizards, and other foes before making an unexpected discovery - an entire settlement of refugee bugbears, escaped from giant tyranny. Raackma parlayed with their chief, one Dratrech, and gathered both valuable allies and information about the inside of the steading. What followed was butchery, pure and simple. The giants were unaware of the underground entrance, and had dedicated their cellars to prison cells and torture. It was easy for the five to penetrate inside, and there, stealth and well-placed spells allowed the group to kill seven giants, one at a time. In so doing, they freed about thirty bugbear prisoners, who were eager to take up arms against their former captors.

Now leading a ragtag but bloodthirsty company of some seventy bugbear warriors, the Irregulars were able to storm the upper levels of the giant's citadel. Fire and stone giants were much sterner foes than the gibbering hill giants employed as jailers and torturers, but here, Horbis' magic took center stage. One spell turned a dying bugbear into a forty-foot tall lizard, all slavering teeth and bludgeoning tail. Other spells hammered the giants with fire, ice, and poison. Ulster's holy power kept their fighters standing, and the giants, mighty as they are, had no chance. As the giants dwindled in number and drew closer and closer together, the Irregulars outside the walls dropped the pretense of siege and crashed through the gates, putting the remaining giants to the sword. It was a bloody but magnificent victory.

What rare items would you be interested in having? Mithril plate, staff of power, ring of spell storing

What is your posting rate? 1-2 / week

Are you ready to have some fun! Heck yeah! This is the kind of campaign I've been dreaming about.

Last edited by Berith; 05-17-2020 at 11:28 AM.
Old 04-27-2020, 02:22 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 262
Tyb Tyb Tyb
L20?! This is going to take some thinkin'... Do you have a deadline in mind?

Can you say more about your "world of prestige classes"? I wasn't aware that they were part of 5e.

Thanks!
Old 04-27-2020, 06:34 PM
Man of Many Faces

Tools
User Statistics
The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star
There will be some time to think about this one so haven't set a date yet, waiting for approval first. But will keep you guys updated on that.

There was a hint at it, but looks like it was just one, so I will add to my main post that if you have found a homebrew prestige class, post it with your application and link it so I can check it out.

I have found some that might be interesting and just need to give a good look at them.
Old 04-27-2020, 10:55 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 104
Zangul Zangul

Name: Wulfgar WildBear.
Race: Dwarf : (Mountain Dwarf)
Class: Ranger (Gloom Stalker) / Barbarian (Totem Warrior)
Background: The Haunted One

Description: With wild red mohawk and a long wild flowing beard. Wulfgar stands at an astonishing 5 in a half feet. Weighs 300lbs of Stone hard muscles. Wearing brown trousers and a green shirt, with brown leather vest and a hooded cloak made out of a Grizzly bear he hunted afew years back. Wields two twin longswords as his weapons of choice.

Personality: I don't talk about the thing that torments me, I don't want to burden others with my curse. I kill monsters to make the world a safer place. I will sacrifice my life and soul to protect the innocent. But, with all the good I do, I have no compassion for the dead. They are the lucky ones they no longer see the evils of the world.

What made me a legend......Clan members and others who have heard the tales call me a legend. My opinion I have failed my family. Sit back and grab a pint and a slab of meat, and listen for your self.

It has been over 20 years, I was a young lad. Hunting and forging was the way of the calm, one day a recent hunting party just never came back. Me and a search party went out to go find them. After 2 days of searching we came across a bloody mess you could only imagine on you dreams or nightmares. Guys and blood everywhere, no sign of survivors. We left a memorial there and went back to or homes. 3 days later creatures from some unknown place started Attacking our village we managed to hold out own that night. But for the next several months raids would happen night after night. Until one red moon night the demon Lord showed himself. Same of the men and I stood up to it, the families of the other men evacuated, My family were slaughtered like cattle. With all rage I could muster my final blow to the demon lord, I managed to cut his heart out. He vanished into nothingness. I carry his still beating heart with me as a memento of that forsaken night. it inspired me to hunt the monsters that torment the innocent. But also my dreams are nightmares night after night that seem to never go away. It has been 10 years since any of that has happened same for the nightmares. But, I suppect that it is out there waiting or biding his time till he surfaces again.

Rare items I would like....

If I could I would like one long sword to be a sword of blaze and the other to be a sword of frost. And possibly a belt of giant strength.

Posting rate 2 times a day. Or 2 times a week.

Definitely ready to have some fun. This character is what I would imagine as Logan or wolverine from the X-Men to be in the dnd world. Minus the back ground.

If you could feed back on application would be welcomed.

Last edited by Zangul; 06-03-2020 at 05:15 AM.
Old 04-27-2020, 10:58 PM
Purveyor of the Unusual

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11179
pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90 pianoman90
Oh my... level 20 characters? Colour me interested! I just need to figure out what I would like to do.
Old 04-28-2020, 09:08 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 262
Tyb Tyb Tyb
Application-WIP
right-aligned image

NAME: Crovael Drazzik

RACE: Tiefling (Levistus variant)

CLASS: Bard-18/Hexblade-2

APPEARANCE:
WIP

BACKGROUND: WIP
TRAITS:
WIP

IDEALS:
WIP

BONDS:
WIP

FLAWS:
WIP
A Legend

Rare Item: WIP

Posting Rate: WIP

Are you ready to have some fun! At level 20? - oooooohh yeah!
Old 04-30-2020, 08:11 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2496
Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Saffar'vain, Chosen of Vhaeraun
Race: Half-Drow
Class: Paladin, Oath of Heroism

Appearance: Though relatively unmoved by time, Saffar'vain's hard life as a slave and long years as an adventurer have bore their marks on his body. Like most drow with mixed heritage, his skin was not as dusky as those of pure blood; of late it too has clung faster on his bones. Yet the paladin still bore the strength of sinew that he had possessed all those years before, and it showed in the way he walked and wore his heavy armor, the practiced movements of his hands when it wielded sword and shield.

Ever since the incident in the dungeon, Saffar'vain has been unable to grow his hair. Convenient, since he embodied everything that dark elves were not supposed to be. In this way, coupled with the loss of his eye during a particularly vicious battle with a group of illithid, the half-drow struck a conspicuous and memorable figure in the eyes of both his allies and enemies.

Background: Faction Agent: Church of Vhaeraun

What made him a legend in the world?

What rare items would you be interested in having? Gloves of ___ Strength, Ring of Spell Storing, Boots of Speed, Gem of Seeing, +Weapons & Armor

What is your posting rate? 2/week

Are you ready to have some fun! Awwwyeaaaahhh! How often do you get to get your game on at Level 20?!

Last edited by Hundur; 05-16-2020 at 03:07 AM.
Old 04-30-2020, 10:37 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2667
Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099
Hello Dark Star,

It seems I didn't submit this correctly, so let me try again....

I've been drooling over that Lich profile for the last few days! I've always wanted to take a character on a 'journey' to become a lich, so it is very tempting to jump straight into playing one to see what it could be like. Would you be able to explain a bit how the 'Prestige Class' works?
For instance, I notice that it has Levels 1-5. Does Lich Level 1 = Level 20 for a normal character? Or, should I level up a normal character to .... whatever (let's use '10' as an example) then assuming it meets the prerequisites it can opt to take a level on 'Lich' class instead of another level in the original class?

If that later method is how it works, then I should ideally level-up a character to 15 and then take the last 5 levels of Lich to equate a 20-level character??
Old 05-01-2020, 02:34 AM
Man of Many Faces

Tools
User Statistics
The prestige class is an additional set of levels after you have reached level 20. So I am raising the level cap to 25, and each of your levels in prestige gives you a big boost. You will gain them when you defeat two prisoners. That might change depending on how the first fights go.
Old 05-01-2020, 04:18 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 832
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
The God Seeker isn't a Prestige Class, at least not on the link above. It's a 20 Level Homebrew Class.
Old 05-01-2020, 10:30 AM
Man of Many Faces

Tools
User Statistics
It's gone, thanks for letting me know!