RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 05-10-2020, 10:35 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1211
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
Definitely going for an Artificer. What will be the starting equipment/gold?

Last edited by Hiruma Kohaku; 05-10-2020 at 10:35 PM.
Old 05-11-2020, 05:20 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 253
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand
Starting equipment and gold per class and background with a minor magical item of my choice. Please make sure you put the link to Artificer in your application please.
Old 05-11-2020, 06:45 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
If you're on the table, I am considering your app complete.
Old 05-11-2020, 12:48 PM
Man of Many Faces

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1285
The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star
Avatar CharacterName: Haldune Soran
Race: Tiefling
Class: Paladin, Oath of the Ancients
Background: Soldier - Officer

Concept:
right-aligned image
Haldune was raised in the forests, abandoned by his parents for his devilish looks, he was founded and raised by elves. He was accepted there and they taught him the ways of the ancient gods, that had long been forgotten by man, only the beings that lived long lives remember the tales and the texts of when these ancient being roamed this earth. He became a soldier and protected the woods from the evil that had come from this world, often they were bandits and raiders that wished to take it's resources, or it's rare wildlife.

His devotion to the ancient ones had proved fruitful, a spirit appeared before him one day after he and some of his fellow soldiers defeated a band of orc marauders, wishing to hunt the rare animals that lived within their territory for trophies. The spirit asked him a question, would he be willing to offer his life in service to them. If he accepted, he would be granted powers that he would be blessed by them, given powers to thwart evil. He accepted the offer of the ancient ones and it was if the spirit passed through him, giving him the divine powers to protect his home.

Now that he was a servant to the old gods, it made it's first request, something was happening in the outside world, something evil. So far it had eluded them and needs the help of their champions to try and find out what it was.

He was told that he would have to leave his home, to seek out other adventurers out there that would heed the call to arms. So Haldune did as he was told, he packed his things, said goodbye to the people he loved and left the only home he knew. To follow the words of an ancient spirit and to rid the world of any evil that wished to harm the earth.

Actual Character

Name: Ken Sasaki
Username: Dark_Star88

Last edited by The Dark Star; 05-17-2020 at 04:05 AM.
Old 05-11-2020, 05:15 PM
Kat

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5915
Krazy Krazy Krazy Krazy Krazy Krazy Krazy Krazy Krazy Krazy Krazy
App:

Handle: tokki

Last edited by Krazy; 05-21-2020 at 02:54 AM.
Old 05-14-2020, 03:21 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Sorry everyone but I added a bit to the main ad and reworked some bit about the leveling in MAO. If I don't get much more activity in the thread I might be setting a deadline soon.
Old 05-15-2020, 02:01 AM
Man of Many Faces

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1285
The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star
I will be making a character right away, just had some things come up and the week went by really fast.
Old 05-15-2020, 03:40 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1971
Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest Krow Nest
left-aligned image

Name: Sayola

Race: Ghostwise Halfling

Class: Druid (Circle of the Stars)

Background: Urchin

Concept: Originally a child on the streets, Sayola was abandoned and left to fend for herself. Through this she discovered her connection to animals, being able to semi-communicate with the birds, rats and wild dogs of the alleys. It was a few years until she would realize she was meant for the forest, not the city. She ran away and practiced her magical power within the reigns of nature.

Player

Check out my podcast with my VA buddies; Rejected Party Members
Old 05-16-2020, 01:48 AM
I'm Super! thx for asking

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1496
Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79 Superstrength79
This looks like great fun, I enjoyed Sword Art Online very much.

left-aligned image
Name: Umi Lightbrand

Race: Half Elf

Class: Paladin (Oath of Vengeance)

Background: Criminal

Concept: Paladin to the God of Thieves, she detests people being enslaved or held captive and will attempt to free them at all costs, but will also gladly help herself to their treasure as a reward for her good deeds.

Last edited by Superstrength79; 05-16-2020 at 12:20 PM.
Old 05-18-2020, 06:08 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I'm setting a soft deadline of May 23rd.

Last edited by Hal Hammerhand; 05-18-2020 at 06:49 AM.
Old 05-20-2020, 04:08 AM
Risen Lich

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1147
Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik
wip character soon to be made
Old 05-20-2020, 07:35 PM
Risen Lich

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1147
Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik
Alright, need to know the gods, particularly ones of death, preferably not evil if able
Old 05-21-2020, 01:42 AM
Deus Ex Machina

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 424
Mechaniacal Mechaniacal Mechaniacal Mechaniacal Mechaniacal
I'm actually pretty interested in this one... I'd thought of a similar concept myself a while back, but as with MOST of my ideas... it was a concept that I wanted to play in, rather than one I wanted to run. A few questions for you though, since I couldn't find a place where it was covered.

One: How is character death handled? I assume that if your character dies the player does not... Do they respawn? Are there penalties involved for being ganked by a monster? If death isn't permanent, should we expect to run into multiple situations where at least one of us will probably get brought to zero HP and sent back to spawn in town?

Two: I'm not super familiar with SAO. I've seen a few episodes of the first series, enough to get the general idea, but I'm not 100% knowledgeable about what happened during the anime/manga. Is that going to play a big part in the story? Is this information I need to know?

Three: How is the real world going to play into this? Or is it going to play into things at all? Will the real world interrupt and influence the players and their ability to play?

Four: What if the class we want to play doesn't typically get magic? Do vaguely magical abilities count, or would we have to multiclass into a spellcaster class?

Last edited by Mechaniacal; 05-21-2020 at 01:44 AM.
Old 05-21-2020, 02:06 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2446
Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur
left-aligned image
Name: "Rat", aka Portia Highhill
Race: Forest Gnome
Class: Wizard - School of Divination
Background: Sage
Concept: Rat hails from a frigid settlement off north of the lands, and spent most of her adolescent years as a student of the arcane arts. That alone was a brave thing to do, since their lands were occupied by frost giants and any pursuit of magic was strictly forbidden. But years of being under the cruel yoke of people ten times one's size led one to consider desperate measures.

In time Rat was found out, and her parents were taken by the Frost Queen's guards up to the mountain stronghold. Convinced that the only way to free her people from the iron-ice-grip of the giants is to explore the magic of time, Rat escaped from her village in order to gather more knowledge and power, vowing to come back and set everything right once she had the ability to do so.

PlayerHandle(public): MasterOss_01

FYI, I never watched the anime/read the manga so if knowledge about the genre is important, I guess I wouldn't qualify. I do like the interesting dynamic with "real-life" characters though. That's the main attraction for me.

Last edited by Hundur; 05-21-2020 at 06:11 PM.
Old 05-21-2020, 05:45 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
@Chaos Havik: There isn't a rigid deity system because anything to do with a god is strictly in a videogame. A cleric doesn't have to adhere to a regime of prayer or religion. Your player can literally make the avatar worship any god.

@Mechaniacal: -How is character death handled?
A:Your character respawns at a designated safe area within the game. Your player isn't outwardly affected.

-Are there penalties involved for being ganked by a monster?
A:Getting killed by another 'player' in any pvp situation doesn't have any penalties. Getting killed by a monster gives a temporary exhaustion level that adds up if you die too soon after.

-If death isn't permanent, should we expect to run into multiple situations where at least one of us will probably get brought to zero HP and sent back to spawn in town?
A:The respawn point depends on where you're at in MAO, Usually safe respawn points are pretty nearby dangerous areas in the form of 'Camps', 'Outposts', 'Towns'.

-I'm not super familiar with SAO. I've seen a few episodes of the first series, enough to get the general idea, but I'm not 100% knowledgeable about what happened during the anime/manga. Is that going to play a big part in the story? Is this information I need to know?
A:I will give you any specific information that might be needed but this is a different game altogether. There is an entire guild of players that are veterans from the SAO incidence but I will tell you what your character would know about the SAO incident that is important, especially if you ask, so minimal-no knowledge of the game is sufficient.

-How is the real world going to play into this? Or is it going to play into things at all? Will the real world interrupt and influence the players and their ability to play?
I haven't quite nailed down how i'm going to incorporate the real world but I have a concept in mind and the real world will have an affect on the game and vice versa.

-What if the class we want to play doesn't typically get magic? Do vaguely magical abilities count, or would we have to multiclass into a spellcaster class?
A: Multi-classing isn't a thing in MAO, like most videogames, you pick a class from the game's choices and you get the abilities associated with that class. The classes in MAO are all classes that have the class feature 'Spellcasting' from level 1 or the option of 'Spellcasting' at level 3. You can choose a fighter from the start but once you reach level 3, you become an Eldritch Knight or you may choose Rogue but you become an Arcane trickster at level 3.

I hope I covered all your questions, please feel free to ask more.