... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old May 21st, 2020, 06:54 AM
Risen Lich

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1309
Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik
Raven Queen (Death Goddess. Not Mysterious Mystery Lady, seriously 5e what the heck) it is. Character up tomorrow
Old May 21st, 2020, 09:57 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 503
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand
As I have been actively planning this game I settle on some variant rules on the house that I felt I should mention: because of the videogame nature, encumberence wont be a thing but durability will. More to come later
Old May 21st, 2020, 11:26 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand
When you destroy a monster, its body disintegrates into a million cubes but leaves behind a "bag" of loot so looting your kills will be a thing. The magic items that you will each begin play with will be loot drops from the bosses of the "beginner" zone.

Last edited by Hal Hammerhand; May 21st, 2020 at 11:29 AM.
Old May 21st, 2020, 05:09 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2257
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
Oooh, they pixelate!
Old May 21st, 2020, 05:34 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Indeed, they pixelate. MAO is good, clean fun for all ages.

I would like to lay out a little bit of game knowledge that all players will know by the time they get to level 5 in Ainvar, the land of MAO.

When you first make your character, you spawn in in a very small village called Dunheep. There's little more than a tavern in this small outpost aside from a few available houses that usually stand empty. Players don't even come back here to set up crafting shops but it's quiet. This is effectively the Tutorial zone, including the village where you can rest up in safety and outside the village lies the spanning meadowlands where it's relatively safe with giant spiders and coyotes to practice your skills and cut your teeth on.

Past the meadowlands is the beginner zone, the Grasslands. The road winds through a small forest where the biggest danger is a mine infested with kobolds. Then the road leads to the village of Silvershire where three available shops reside where players can trade and craft their goods as well as a tavern where players can rest. Five houses that players can purchase reside here, as well, three usually remain empty. The road then leads past another small forest thick with boars and then on to the main city. The Grasslands stretch out to the swamps beneath the Tower of Ainvar. In between Silvershire and the Swamp it is populated by Orc Marauders, wolves, bears, boars and the occasional kobold, much more dangerous threats but worth the EXP they give for lower level players working their way up.

The Main City, the hub of it all. The city of Shining where many players can purchase shops and homes, several taverns to lounge and relax in, all player ran, of course. The city's borders run up against the Grasslands and the Swamp and is ever in the shadow of the Tower of Ainvar, the main focal point of the game.

Last edited by Hal Hammerhand; May 21st, 2020 at 06:22 PM.
Old May 21st, 2020, 05:50 PM
Risen Lich

Tools
User Statistics
Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik Chaos Havik
Mortimer
right-aligned image

Name:Mortimer
Race: Human
Class: Cleric- Grave Domain
Background: Acolyte
Concept: Creepy morbid acting guy that's not really all that bad once you know him and is just a nerd having fun with his character

Mortimer's life took a drastic turn at the young age of ten. Before fate's hand had it's play had been a normal boy, his consers and ambitions were no diffrent then any other simple boy dreams of one day becoming a hero, or someone famous. The boy likely would just end up running the family's small store. One day his life would change as people in the small town began to fall ill. The illness began to slowly claim the lives of those around him, and he was of no difference. Falling ill, and waiting for the death that had taken his family and friends, Mortimer would see a vision of the Raven Queen standing over him and placing her hand on his head. Instantly he felt better as the sickness left him. As he blinked the image of the goddess was gone, and it was an elderly cleric that had seemingly been the one to heal him. Being one of a small handful of survivors of the outbreak, Mortimer would join the priesthood of the Raven Queen eventually becoming one of her chosen.

This is the story written in the characters bio should he share character info with someone.

The Player

Last edited by Chaos Havik; May 21st, 2020 at 06:06 PM.
Old May 21st, 2020, 06:05 PM
Risen Lich

Tools
User Statistics
So with Mortimer made now will this be a world run solely by players ala the anime?

Or will this be more like the video game verse, where there are near to full sentient npc?

Your adding a bit of .//hack to this in showing our characters more normal life right?
Old May 21st, 2020, 06:20 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
@Chaos Havik: My NPC characters will represent other players. As your characters/Players are talking to NPC's they will talking to other players in MAO. The economy is run entirely by players and as such, your avatar's skill checks won't work on them. it's all about how nice you talk to them.

If anyone was contemplating the Knight background with the squire feature that allows you to have NPC companions, these companions will be human-like entities called Faceless and will function like items in the game, popping up when activated and will do the assigned duties of maintaining armor/weapons and the like, to a point; They don't take the place of a player skilled in weaponsmithing or armorsmithing when it comes to repairing your armor to full durability.

I haven't watched .//Hack but you will be running this like you would play an MMO, as the player playing an avatar.

I'm surprised nobody has rolled up an Arcane trickster Rogue yet, lol.

Last edited by Hal Hammerhand; May 21st, 2020 at 06:24 PM.
Old May 21st, 2020, 06:23 PM
Risen Lich

Tools
User Statistics
got it thanks
Old May 21st, 2020, 07:27 PM
Man of Many Faces

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1741
The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star The Dark Star
I like how the conversations work, will make what we write more important that way.

Ah .//Hack, that brings back some joyful memories, that show was a great one.
Old May 21st, 2020, 07:39 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2686
Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur Hundur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal Hammerhand View Post
I'm surprised nobody has rolled up an Arcane trickster Rogue yet, lol.
That was actually my first consideration, but since two bards were already in the running, I went with wizard.
Old May 22nd, 2020, 02:40 PM
Kat

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6315
Krazy Krazy Krazy Krazy Krazy Krazy Krazy Krazy Krazy Krazy Krazy
Who says we can't have a merry band of bards?
Old May 22nd, 2020, 03:28 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I'm all for a rock band but it's a little more versatile of a party if there is more than just bards lol
Old May 22nd, 2020, 05:41 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Deadline for applications is Tomorrow. If you're not on the table, you can message me about what might be incomplete about your application. Please, please, complete your great works! I will start making selections tomorrow and inviting to the game thread. The first game post is up and I'm getting anxious.
Old May 22nd, 2020, 06:57 PM
Deus Ex Machina

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 480
Mechaniacal Mechaniacal Mechaniacal Mechaniacal Mechaniacal
I was going to put up an app, but I don't feel like there's enough time left to create one that's likely to get selected. Good luck with the game though!